Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #91  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Zumba My shorts fit from last summer but are tighter than I like I just changed into my WHBM shorts and a top...and I think I need to rechange, because I feel like a sausage

I had a short day at the Finnish center, but I expect to have pretty long days for the next 3 weeks when I am left alone at the office. -- I do memberships and sent out 150 notifications; I know I will have my hands full for the next 3 weeks

I had a pig out night last night, ugh! I was kinda sad and ate and ate more. I hope I won't fall back into my old habits and be an emotional eater. Funny though, I think I have lost a little weight because my scale only jumped 0.6 pounds, back to 158.6, so if I stay OP today I may see a little drop on tomorrow's weigh in; so far so good.

I am contemplating about taking a day off from walking, not sure though... My dog wants a day off...lol She is like...but mom, I am tired and sore; leave me alone and goes back to sleep. -- She DOES get 5 mile hilly walk with 20 minute swimming session each day and she is nearing 9 years of age Lucky dog!

Sending to all!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Sum I look like a sausage in all my clothes! It's a horrible feeling.....

I really wonder why some people like us snap and binge and others don't..I mean we all have problems, right?......I wish it made sense....then I could stop it.....

I tidied up my closet and found two pairs of size four jeans from WHBM FROM LAST SUMMER..FAT CHANCE THAT THEYWILL EVER FIT....how depressing....
Old 05-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #93  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hmmmm...I'm shaped more like a bratwurst! I have some serious back rolls going on. My clothing is much tighter than last summer. Ugh!

I rode 4 miles today. I feel so out of shape compared to last summer. So far, I am within my calorie range.

Good luck today, everyone!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #94  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Ugh, talk about back fat!! I had to buy a white dress shirt tonight for a work event and caught sight of my rear view in the dressing room. Yikes! I was feeling OK and looking OK in my clothes from all angles, but with the bra cutting into my back fat - gross!

About 1540 calories today. 35 minutes on the stairs. Was going to go to the gym but decided to do some work around the house instead..it's a disaster.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #95  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Nat and Guacamole We are so honest here I love it!!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #96  

I have a top I bought from Bloomies and will never wear...bc it is so sheer in the back...major back fat! Bleh...I never had that before,.

Doing squat challenge....did 50 yesterday.....doing 55 right now while watching the rangers...guess I should do some push ups also....
Old 05-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Zumba: I'm doing squat, crunch, and plank challenge. I'm on day 4 and I posed on chicks up for a challenge, but got no takers. It burns the thighs, but so far I'm surviving!

Guac: back fat is no fun! I hate mine! We will rid ourselves of it by the end of summer!

Sum: Sorry to hear you had a difficult evening. You are doing so well. It sounds like you're going to be very busy the next few days!

We were thinking of driving to Montreal for vacation in July, but I happened across some cheap flights to Boston, so I bought them tonight. I'm sure we'll have a good time, but I really want to look decent in my summer clothes by the time we leave (July 10). Hopefully it will motivate me more!

Last edited by Jennifer1966; 05-08-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #98  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, everyone. All is well here. I've found my groove again, where I care more about losing the pear than I do about nibbling on an extra handful of nuts a couple times a day. Finally the scale is down to a new low, granted -- it is 0.1 pounds lower than my last low, but I'm taking it! I got below 160 back in February; I so need to get below 155 -- hopefully tomorrow!

I'm wishing you guys peace with your bodies... many of you are feeling so down about them with summer coming

Last edited by newleaf123; 05-09-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #99  

Morning everybody..getting ready to have my shake and get to Zumba...then I'm meeting friends for lunch, I already told them that i want to go to the diner so that I can order greek salad....or applebees so I can hae some kind of salad.....that means healthy snacks and a shake the rest of the day. This program is a big pain in the rump.

Jennifer, I am doing squat challenge, last night I also did some crunches and push ups.....scaled push ups .....I have flab on my arms which I hate and can see when I'm teaching class so I figure the push ups will help with that....I haven't done any planks in a long time so I figure I'll add that. years ago when I taught jazzercise I was the plank queen, I wonder if I can even do one now..LOL.....

I had better hustle, as usual i"m behind schedule because of the puter. ON a happier note I have three bags of stuff for the salvation army today. It feels good to purge. It was also very emotional for me to go through clothes yesterday knowin that they are beautiful but don't fit. I really want to try and get into them again......SOON.

My soup last night was delicious, it also helped me gain a pound...geez, I feel like I'm on the road to nowhere.......
Old 05-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #100  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Somehow I am gaining, and it does not make any sense I was 159.2 this am. I did have a pig out day two days ago, I have not drank enough water and I am about to ovulate...so I am hoping that those 3 things are contributing to my water weight. I don't feel heavier, as a matter of fact I feel more toned and trim So today I am trying to remedy my drinking. I made 64 oz container of (decaf) green tea and I hope to drain that one today, iced. And I will be very careful what I'll eat, no sodium and NO CHIPS! I will try to stick to veggies and lean protein today. And what comes to ovulation, well there is not that much I can do about that, I guess pray for menopause

I started my day off with a 5 mile brisk walk, Fitbit already recorded 10000 steps and it is 9;30 am Today is a house cleaning day, so I will be burning more calories and more steps doing that as well, plus it is a gym day. -- I am so darn active tat is why I am sad that my scale is not co-operating. Maybe I will get a whoosh soon?

Heidi I am so happy for you!! That is just an awesome feeling. I hope it will be 154.x tomorrow.

Zumba Have a nice lunch! -- I have avoided eating out during the past 6 weeks, kinda miss it. Dieting really is hard on one's social life.

Jennifer Boston sounds like a fantastic vacation spot. My FIL grew up there. So much to see!

Okee off to clean my house. TaTa for now!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #101  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Morning All,

Another busy day - I've read but not responded in awhile.
I feel for those of you that are disappointed in your progress. But you guys have all made progress! That's the important thing! Like Heidi said, I hope everyone finds peace with their body.
Reading the book, food: the good girls drug. How to stop using food to control your feelings by Sunny Sea Gold was a life-changer for me. For me, all the motivation, exercise and healthy food wouldn't have make a diiference if I hadn't first understood the why of my relationship with food. I can now control the relationship and not be a victim of it.

Challenge wise and in general: I am great! Eating 2000ish calories and scale still dropping - at 146.2. AND I saw the top of my abs and a bit down side today! And my obliques made a guest appearance on Monday! I still have the lower tummy kanga pouch but I'm working on it. Now when I suck it in, it goes in, too. So there is hope that it will eventually go away.
Weights coming along and walking 3-4 miles a day.
And at least I have gathered up the tools to start on the dang side porch. Now it's supposed to rain for a week, though! I knew the weather was turning...I think I purposefully delayed until I *couldn't* do it. *sigh* I am so not motivated to start the scraping.
With all the clothes donating going on - we should have started a size swap system between all of us or something!! I now have a bunch of 10s and some 8s that I bought in the spring (ripped off the tags of course) and now they are too big.

Off to a follow-up eye appt. My first progressive bifocals...*shudders*. Good thing I only wear glasses at night when contacts are out.

Hugs to all!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #102  

Hi everybody..well my friends wanted Applebees so I wound up having half a sandwich and a small salad. Not sure of the caorie count, I'm sure it was too high......

Busy night ahead....violin lesson and then my son has a concert..which reminds me I have to iron his concert clothes..and make myself look presentable.....

SUM: Don't be a slave to the scale when you are weightlifting..if you are feeling smaller and toned then take comfort in that...also go by how your clothes feel. I know that is hard to do because we rely on the scale so much....

2FATCAT: I hear ya on the progressive lens. I told the doctor I'd rather just wear my contacts and use reading glasses that I bought at walmart....the thought of bifocals was more than I could handle...its bad enough that i"m starting to see wrinkles .

Jennifer: I've only been to Boston for business but my sister and her husband go often since they live in new england and it is a FUN city.....you're going to have a great time!!! And what a great incentive to lose....

Tonight I have to do 60 squats for my challenge..the number keeps going up and up....I wonder if I"m doing them wrong because my legs aren't killing me that badly. I'm sure when I"m up to 225 squats my glutes and quads will be killing me......
Old 05-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #103  

My mini goal for this week is to be 143 by Mother's Day....haven't been that low in a LOOOOONG time......
Old 05-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #104  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I want Thai food...talk me out of it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Sum: No Thai for you!

Although I am not one to talk anyone out of good food. DH made a rhubarb and blackberry crumble out of our rhubarb from the garden and blackberries we picked and froze last summer. It was delicious and I had 1.5 servings! It was too yummy! The scale has not been kind this week and I doubt that will help tomorrow's weigh in.

2FatCats: I hear you on the bifocals. I really need to go to the dr and get some! A clothes exchange is an interesting idea.

Zumba: I did 70 squats tonight and my thighs were on fire! You are probably in much better shape than I am. I'm excited for Boston. I haven't been there since I was a teen, and we like exploring cities!
Closed Thread