Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #76  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Paleontology trip was so much fun. We had a picture-perfect day - temp about 70 and the brightest blue sky you could imagine. We found a few good fossils(it's a Cretaceous site so a lot of extinct shark teeth and possibly some fish vertebrae) and a lot of what are probably just rocks. We got involved because our 10yo is a budding paleo, but it is so cool to see people of all ages in the brook panning for fossils...it is a passion for them.

Did OK food-wise over the w/e. Haven't gotten in much exercise the last few due to schedules, but there is more I could be doing that I'm not. Today was a little worse due to work stress, but I settled down as the day went on. Made it through DS's baseball game w/ just a bottle of water.

guac, you poor thing, what an awful day! Good for you for coming here to post. Tomorrow will be much better.

zumba, glad you're back on the wagon. You didn't erase a month of work, the gain is temporary, but I know what you mean...

newleaf, sounds like a plan. Nice and slow..those last few are killer.

sum, way to show off those legs you worked so hard for! Rock on.

jen, always a good feeling to move into the next decade..you'll be there in no time.

plainsgirl, take the .6..they add up.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

So sad about my lack of progress...I wore shorts today and the cellulite as taken over.my whole legs...it's sad....
Old 05-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #78  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Nothing much to report, except scale was a bit kinder to me this am, 158 (-0.6).

I am looking forward to my new fitbit arriving in the mail this week. The one they sent me to replace one that I broke, was not keeping charge, so they are sending me a new one. I can't wait to start tracking my steps and calories again. -- Our new house has loads of stairs to go up and down all day long, I want to see how many flights of stairs I actually do...ya, I am a geek

We are having absolutely gorgeous weather up here in Michigan; I am enjoying my daily walks. -- Today a friend is joining me. She is a good listener and always has some great advise, AND she keeps up with my fast pace.

Hey Zumba, my legs, and even my butt are starting to look quite nice because of weight lifting, my cellulite is disappearing fast ...have you thought about lifting? -- Same thing is happening with my arms...yup I have a waddle (yuck) but it feels like it is getting smaller the more I lift.

Nat Your paleontology trip sounded like a loads of fun! Glad you enjoyed it!

guacamole You poor thing!! I would had been in tears!

Heidi Your plan sounds very healthy way of shedding those pounds.

Jenn I hope you are not too sore from all that gardening today!

Plainsgirl on your capris fitting looser!! That is such an awesome feeling!

to all!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #79  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I just had a piffany... I was reading a fitness blog...I think I have build a pound of muscle during the last 5 weeks of weight lifting So my 158 is really 157
Old 05-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #80  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, all. Went for breakfast with hubby and ate with moderation. Went for a 2 mile bike ride on my daughter's bike. Hubby is bringing mine into the shop today. Man, her bike is awful! Way too small, and the tires need inflating. I could barely peddle the thing. I think we need to get her a new one, provided she will ride it often enough.

Feeling fat and bloated....not good.

Back to doing laundry.....have a good day, everyone!

Last edited by guacamole; 05-07-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #81  

GUAC: I was just thinking about my bike yesterday....there is no air in the tires and I don't know how to use the compressor...I guess I need to use a bike pump, the old fashioned kind to put air in and to start riding around our property, Im too afraid to take the bike out into the street..LOL...

SUM: So tell me, what exactly do you do when lifting? free weights or machines? Do you do squats and lunges also? My problem is not wanting to work out in the gyms that I teach at, and I won't splurge on a membership so I want to try and do this at home. I'm sure any type of resistance training may help the cellulite....this is the first year it is on the front of my legs as well as the back....wow, this aging thing is really for the birds!

NAT: isn't it a glorious day here? I"m inside , just finished mopping but I hope to get outside a bit today......the sun is doing a lot to lift my mood....and it makes me want to exercise!!!!

NEWLEAF: yes maintenance IS hard....but remember to be thrilled that you got to that point..I can't wait to get to a point of maintaining...

JENNIFER: i hear you about summer....I love it but at the same time dread it because it means the kids will be home and i'll be taking them out to eat more often and not packing them healthy lunches for school. I have to be mindful of that...Also I tend to go out more often in the summe rand i need to keep away from fruity drinks...last summer I drank too many blackberry mojitos!!!

PLAINSGIRL..7 miles on a bike could have killed me...LOL...way to go.....
Old 05-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #82  

Hi everyone...

Well another day that I do not want to be on the scale so i didn't weigh this morning. I'm back on my shakes and have to say that i'm really not that hungry now. Had a hard boiled egg and a spoon ful of peanut butter as my post workout snack. I feel full. I love peanut butter......

Taking the kids to their first therapy session tonight...not thrilled about that but it has to be done. They have been exposed to too much stuff that isn't good for them, and I want them to be okay when the divorce finally happens. This stress is making me want to eat but I won't. I threw out the leftover cake from Sunday. That was hard to do..it was an expensive cake and was so good.....but keeping it around another day meant me taking a forkful here and there..not cool.

Not sure when I will be cleansing this week. I plan on going out Friday night with friends and Sunday is mothers day. I'd love to get two solid days of cleansing in. It will have to wait.

I bought a really hip outfit for this summer but in order to wear it I really need to get my legs in shape....so that is my motivation. Lets see if it works.

Diversion guy and I are still speaking so maybe it isn't "over". He's so handsome and nice, just doesn't want to be hog tied and bound. Still, I think I'll keep him around for now. He's sweet and handsome...and wants to do fun things with me like ballroom lessons and running at night.....He has a nice physique but is also trying to lose weight and get buff so it is something fun that we can do together.......

Well......I guess I should do some squats and push ups and then hit the shower....when kids get home my second shift starts!!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! I was up a pound to173 this morning, but I ate poorly yesterday. I am doing the 30 day squat, crunch, and plank challenge (pure insanity) and walking, so hoping it goes back down quickly. I got my new dresses in the mail and they are all probably 10 pounds from looking good, so I'm super motivated to wear them by mid to late summer!!

Natamars: Paleontology trip sounds great! I'd like to do that.

Sum: great job on both nicer scale number and muscle building! You wil look fab this summer!

Guacamole: it's so hard to ride a too small bike. Way to go on two miles!

Heidi: good job on maintenance! I hope I'll be in your shoes next summer!

Zumba: I'd keep diversion guy around too--that's his whole purpose. Just have fun! We will both have to be careful this summer. There's just something about no work, warm weather, and my patio that leads to early afternoon cocktails!!

If I missed anyone, have a great evening!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #84  
Fat to Fab and Fit

If anyone is looking to get a calorie/step tracker, please get the fitbit. Their customer service rocks!

I put mine thru washer/dryer and they send me a new one. I talked to them yesterday and I have a brand new, upgraded fitbit today. Wow!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 205/162/130

Good evening everyone! I had a very early morning again this morning so I didn't betime to write anything...got a call at 12:30am that the 6am er girl was calling off and since I was the next person in at 7 I had to go in at 6. It then took me forever to fall back asleep. I hate that!! lol I did get a very nice reward for getting my rump off the couch 35 min before The Voice started. I let Jillian kick my butt again. Its getting a "tad" bit easier but I still ended the session sweating and out of breath. ?? 145.2 on the scale!! A 1.2 pound WHOOSH!! This is the lowest I have been since before Christmas so I am very, very happy.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 205/162/130

UUURRGGG! I was so not ready to hit send lol. Sometimes this laptop drives me CRAZY!!

Zumba-i WISH I could bike a straight 7 miles lol. My route is broken up like this: 2 1/2 miles to the state park, 2 miles around the inside trail, and 2 1/2 miles back home. It is a very hard route I will not lie though. But breaking it up like that makes the ride home a bit "easier"....no matter how slow, or fast, I go I have to keep going to get home lol. You are an amazing women lady...you are going thru so much and no matter what you are not giving up. On anything. I am sure you have your quiet hard times but dang you inspire me. Always plugging along...

Sum- Whooo Hoooo!!! Congrats on the lower scale # AND building muscle!!! That is sooooo very important for women of our age....You are going to hit all of your goals in no time!!

Jenn-It stinks when we see the scale go up but its a great feeling to be so in control of our plan that we really understand why it happens and know that it is just a blip. I sooo can not wait to see the pics you are going to post when you rock those summer dresses later this summer!!

Guac_ You (literally)got right back on that bike and did something today! Be proud of yourself lady!! Its all about baby steps leading up to those big goals we have set for ourselves....keep on steppin....

Natamars- that family field trip sounds so very cool! And what a cool field for your son to be interested in! I can't help but this of Ross from Friends when I hear about that field...lol.

Newleaf- Maintenance is a beautiful thing! It is your reward for making a plan and DOING IT. And your plan for the summer sounds perfect and totally doable....

ok...I have to get off here. Its taken me 30 minutes to write this....The Voice is taking all of my attention lol

Have a great evening ladies! Lets do this!!!

edit: I bike 2 1/2 miles, run 2 mile trail, then 2 1/2 miles back...

Last edited by Plainsgirl; 05-07-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: expain better for content
Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #87  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Tuesday: 1705 calories, 3 miles on teh treadmill, 2 mi jogging 11-12 min mile plus warm-up and cooldown

Have definitely been eating too many calories..had not tracked carefully for a few days and when I thought I was doing well yesterday they still added up to too many. Scale is inching down..if I could keep calories in range consistently it would go faster. Also have to do some cooking..have been lazy and easy choices equal too many calories.

plainsgirl, congrats on the whoosh! woot!!

jen, you will be rocking those dresses in no time with that regimen..you are inspiring me...

zumba, you have so much going on..hope the therapy session went well. All 3 of mine(2 skids plus my DS) have gone at some point or another, so if you ever want to talk...

guac, hope things got better as your day went on..hate that bloated feeling, just know that it's not real fat.

sum, glad the fitbit people treated you well!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

Sw196.8
Cw 194
Down 2.8
Old 05-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #89  

Weighed in..not so bad....145.6.....135 seems so far away.....but I'm determined. I got Yankee tix for next week and I want to wear my tight Yankees shirt and represent properly! I also may see diversion guy Memorial Day weekend if we are still together....not sure what our status is right now....

I'm running out to traders joe so I could stock up on some healthy stuff and figure out what I'm making kids for dinner tonight....

Still not in my pants....I'm starting to panic with the warmer weather approaching!! No capris fit yesterday!!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #90  

And lets not talk about shorts y'all!
Closed Thread