Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #46  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

sum finally had to look up DOMS. Now I understand. I find that I am unexpectedly not sore when I think I should be. Either we adapt faster than we think or we need to push the boundaries a little harder. I just moved up to doing chin ups with an 80lb offset, and would think I'd be sore as heck. But I'm not. Maybe I'm ready for 70lb offset?? My goal is to get to 0 offset by the time I'm 49.

Beautiful day today. Yoga is on tap at noon. Lots of running around before and after. Chicken on the grill and salad for dinner tonight.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #47  
Heidi

Oh and sum, eyelash servicing?? Sounds like a commitment! But I bet you will look great!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Stuck to my program yesterday, lost over a lb..so it does work....just have to do it......had a talk with guy I'm dating last night...he isn't ready for monogamy and I'm not his girl...I felt like saying okay well you'll feel sorry when I'm skinny.....your loss...lol....atleast he's honest.....maybe it's for the best...I have to focus on me!
Pool class today..having a girly lunch with friend..just salad (I can't eat meat today)....shake for dinner.....

New leaf you asked about property....two acres which a lot for the Gold Coast...land is so expensive here....my friends out west laugh at me when I talk about my big 2 acres.....
Old 05-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #49  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Challenge Day 2: unsure of calories(dinner out), 2.5 mi very brisk walk through midtown

I was at 1070 calories before dinner, because I'm used to eating most of my calories during the day and I was hungry. I ate a very healthy dinner..edamame as an appetizer and grilled mahi mahi and vegetables and salad. I only drank seltzer. I did, however, share two desserts with my friend..chcolate mousse, gelato, and sorbet. But it was a small portion and we didn't finish it. Amazingly, the scale was down this morning, so I'm down 1.6 so far for the challenge.

Personals later..TGIF all!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 205/162/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday!! The weather outside is yucky again but I have the day off and lots to do....things I have put off till....I have a weekday off...lol

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Stayed OP with my eating and was very mindful of my water intake....I'm pretty sure you are point on about that HEIDI.... I can ALWAYS tell when I don't get my usual amount.

I woke up with a .2lb gain but I'm not really upset about that. I did my Jillian Michaels dvd (6wk/6 pack abs)and I could do way more than I was able to do even 2 weeks ago and I haven't been doing it very regular. Imagine what I can do if (no...WHEN!!) I get in 2-3 days a week. Hmmm...lol

I would LOVE to get eyelash extensions SUM!! I have very small eyes and very thin/sparse eyelashes. I almost never go out without my "eyes on"...in fact, if I'm running late or just don't feel like putting it all on people think there is something "wrong" lol. If you don't mind...about how much would doing that cost? Im sure it varies by region....

ZUMBA....I haven't always been a runner lol. I was much better at it 2 years ago and that is what I am working towards now. I feel like wonder women when I'm done. Congrats on passing on those lovely rolls with butter (mmmm...)and stopping with the cake. Don't know if I could do that! How did things go with Mr. Diversion??

Sorry to everyone else...have to stop personals and take ds to school...I'll catch up more later... Oh...and HEIDI....thanks for the dinner idea. I have a gas grill right outside my back door and really need to put it to use more...
Old 05-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Eyelashes cost a fortune here......I would love to have them done but can't justify....in the meantime thank goodness for Chanel mascara,,,
Old 05-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #52  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Zumba and PlainsgirlI think they are around $200 plus monthly maint. over here.

Last edited by Sum38; 05-03-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #53  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

I had to look up eyelash extensions - never heard of them! Some of them look amazing - the uber-long colored ones are a bit out of control for me, though!
I am the 3rd girl in the family - the other two always complain that our mom was 'practicing' on them in the hair and eyes department and got it right with me. My lashes without mascara are so long that they kept getting caught in the eye dr vision goggle thingy yesterday - it was like a little eyelash guillotine! And they touch sunglasses and glasses. very irritating.
I suppose the grass always looks greener on the other side, right?

I totally forgot to commit to a 'splurge'. Hmmm. Gonna mull that over a bit.

Hope everyone keeps motivated and OP!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Sum: They are half that here at our one salon/spa! One of the few advantages of living in a small, Midwestern Ohio town!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #55  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Zumba Sorry about the guy, but at least he was honest about it!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #56  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Challenge Day 3: ~1400 calories(my notebook is in the car and I'm too lazy to get it), 30 min stairclimbing

Going on a paleontology field trip with my family tomorrow. Will pack a healthy sandwich and some snacks..there should be a good deal of activity involved as well!

I too need to think of a splurge. I'm thinking of something spa related..facial/massage perhaps...

plainsgirl, you're doing great on all fronts!

zumba, better you found out now than later..you deserve the best! 2 acres is huge out here..I'm on 1/3 and to my friends in Nassau County that's a lot.

newleaf, what a healthy-sounding day.

sum, fantastic job and awesome on the core training..I have to get back into that...

Jennifer, hope the pretzels didn't bloat you!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Natamars: The paleontology field trio sounds interesting! You'll have to tell us about it! Great job on calories and exercise. I'm kicking around spa thing too for my splurge.

Zumba: it is obviously his loss! I hear you on the Chanel mascara--I'm partial to Lancôme. I'll skimp on some makeup, but not mascara!

Sum: Core training is exactly what my apple shape needs, but ugh, I totally agree with you on its nastiness! Good job on doing it.

Plainsgirl: great job on the J. Michaels workout. You'll be flying through it with ease in no time.

Busy, busy weekend here. Last night has a scholarship banquet for DD where I ate poorly but not very much (did have 2 gigantic glasses of wine). I bought a new dress and shoes for it though, and I think I looked pretty good compared to a few months ago. Today I have tons of cleaning, planting, etc, and it's DD's senior prom. Not to get all sentimental and weepy, but it's crazy how fast she's grown! I can't even think about her leaving for school in just a few months! On a happier note, I was at 172.2 this morning, so my weight is going in the right direction! I can't wait to see 16_._!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #58  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am up two pounds, ugh! Darn pickles!!! I have been eating them for 2 days and I am hanging onto water. But as long as I don't hit 160, I won't freak out So another day with loads of water! -- What is going in isn't coming out, once again. Well the whooses feel so good when they happen and they always happen when things are leaving my body

Day2 of coffee free. DH made a pot and it smells sooo good. I am fully expecting to get a headache later on today.

Plan for today
Walk 5 miles
Weight Lifting 50-60 minutes

SW 156.6
CW 158.6
GW 150
Old 05-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #59  
Heidi

CW 157.7
GW <155.0

I feel like I'm in maintenance of my 50 lb loss, with any future loss being gravy. But then I see myself in the mirror at yoga, and want my pear to lessen. Aaarggh!

ETA I'm going to a bridal shower today and haven't seen the mother of the bride in 22 years. I'm so glad I look like I look now, and not at my high weight!

Last edited by newleaf123; 05-04-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #60  
Fat to Fab and Fit

That is exciting Heidi!! One of these years I will go home (Finland) and be thin and surprise all my friends and relatives!

Enjoy yourself today!!
Closed Thread