3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

APRIL Chat

Old 04-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #46
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, everyone. So glad to read about people doing so well; must be the change of season! Spring definitely brings it out in me; I love this time of year. Watching the trees bud, the flowers come out. Nice!

My weightloss has really slowed, but I'm still working at it! My body seems to be changing, despite the miniscule scale movement. I feel like my upper body is pretty much done, I'm quite bony through my ribs. But my hips and thighs have plenty more to go...

Working on losing some bloat...

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #47
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

So I have lost about 6 pounds, all of a sudden my perfectly round and full tummy has turned lumpy. I can actually see either cellulite or the fat cells. Maybe this means that I am shedding fat nicely I looked better (naked) when the fat was firm...lol But I look better now clothed than before, my tummy has gone down a lot. So naked is out, clothed is in!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:54 AM   #48
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126k/102.1/60k

Height: 162cm(ish)

Yikes! I'm not doing very well with the consistancy thing here. I miseed last week's weigh-in completely and have not been exercising officially much. The kids are home for spring break and the weather has improved so I have been battling with the garden, clearing out my office for a fresh start, putting away winter stuff before the moths arrive, repairing the garden shed and not at all watching what I've been eating. I haven't been bingeing or anything, just not watching, due to being so busy.
Clearly, I need to make some changes, because I'm busy a lot.
In other news, DH has found a job, so that stress is better. It's less pay, but beggers can't be choosers in this job market.
Also, NEMom, DD seems to be responding well to the new meds, so hopefully I can stop letting that distract me.

Fire girl, hope the surgery went well! I have been reading your entries and rooting for you all!

History!: Obese Category III Goals Achieved:Obese II (<110kg) Sept 4-13
Goals: Obese I (<95kg) Overweight (<82kg) Normal range (<68kg) Ideal (60kg)

Last edited by Magicsusan : 04-16-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #49
Heidi

Even though I have a goal number in my ticker, a number on the scale has never been my goal. Instead, it has been to hit my 48th birthday, look back, and be able to say that 47 was the year that I turned things around. Well -- today I hit my goal!! Happy birthday to me!!

I'm 49 pounds lighter and have gone from a very very tight size 18 (should have been a 20) pants to a size 10. I've gone from having difficulty getting up off a deep couch to doing an 80-mile trek. I've gone from dreading having to find something to wear to an occasion to being delighted that I can choose something I like rather than something that fits. I definitely feel like I've turned things around! And, I've accepted that there is no end point. I don't get to meet my goal and be done. In fact, I have a new goal every day, which is to be able to say "I kept the weight off yesterday" Uggh to that LOL

Have a great day, everyone.

(Yeah, you may see this twice; I'm going to cross post it into the May Day challenge)

Old 04-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #50

S/C/G: 236

YEA! Great job Newleaf and a very Happy Birthday to you! I hope I can do as well as you by my 48th. Just 7 more months - which, if Dr. Dukan's calculations are correct, I should be there.

I wanted to weigh myself today, but prepubescent DD went loco this morning. She was blaming me for all her mistakes this morning. It was "my" fault that she didn't eat her yogurt for lunch yesterday. It was "my" fault she forgot to take her asthma medicine. It was "my" fault her hair was a squirrel's nest.

She's so grounded...

I'm just sick over the whole Boston Marathon bombing. Why are people so cruel? And, if this was done as part of a "religious" statement (punishment?), do these people really think that God/Higher Power would be pleased? Just saying...
Old 04-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #51

S/C/G: 162.6/142.2/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi, girls! And guys? I joined 3FC about a week ago and have spent hours a day on here. It's the most amazing support/education forum I've ever come across!

I'm having a tough time finding a place to "be" here. I'm not really following a "diet" rather something I've just kinda made up on my own and it's working very well for me. I don't do any sort of formal exercise. I really need the daily accountability.

You guys all seem friendly and helpful and your forum is ACTIVE, which I love!

I am 41 1/2... So can I live here?
kellelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #52

Happy birthday, and congratuations NewLeaf! Amazing job, and amazing attitude! I couldn't be happier for you!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #53
Heidi

Practicing eating like a thin person today LOL Had lots of licorice yesterday for my birthday and split a scone with a friend today for my birthday. So I'm trying to do that "compensate" thing by eating less for breakfast and lunch. It certainly doesn't come naturally. Fake it 'til you make it?!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #54
Fat to Fab and Fit

Did I miss this at the other thread? Sorry if I did

BUT

HEIDI!!!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 04-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #55
Fat to Fab and Fit

Thinking of you firegirl441 and sending millions of positive vibes at your way!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 04-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #56
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Happy birthday Newleaf! Hope the trek went well, sounds like it, you've accomplished great things!

Sum-I've been having some kind of weird body changes, too. I know what you mean about the looking better with the clothes on, smoothes things out, lol. DH said the same thing, I guess when you get to a certain point your body has to catch up or something.

It's so good to see familiar posters and new ones. I'm so sorry I haven't been on for so long, life sometimes gets in the way, mostly good things and still plugging away at the weight loss. Finally had to break down and buy some clothes that fit. I guess that's acknowledging that I'm really doing this. Am getting a bag together to donate. I know it's not good to keep stuff around that you can grow back into.

On a trip for work and so happy to be thought of in this group as this girl that goes out and walks everyday instead of the smart fat one...lol

Keep at it ladies, you are an inspiration!

Especially Sheila, I feel like I should deep clean my house as soon as I get back you are a ball of energy!!

MrsTA wishing you the best, as many others have said, please take care of yourself and get checked out, my mom is a 21 year survivor, good outcomes are possible but you need to get yourself taken care of hugs

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH

Last edited by kelijpa : 04-18-2013 at 05:33 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #57

I just have a minute, but I wanted to pop in and say that after more than a month stalled - I LOST 2 POUNDS TODAY! I am so excited to finally see some progress for all my hard work. Now to just keep on keepin' on!

Good luck to all of you-
Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #58

S/C/G: 236

WOOT! Linda! Way to go!

Eight pounds lost in the past 11 days of doing Dukan! I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is to FINALLY see the scale going down. I really need to get a ticker...

I have to spend my day off cleaning. Oh well, it's so cold and rainy who wants to be outside?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #59
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Congrats Linda and ukemama! It's great to see progress, it keeps you going and you're sharing your progress inspires those of us who get to read about it.

Thanks for sharing! Happy weekend!

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #60

S/C/G: 285/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Hi, all! Sorry I've been gone. I've thought of you all often. I've sent out positive vibes, prayers & thoughts. Congrats to all who have lost. Happy birthday (be it belated) to newleaf. Cyber-hugs to you all!!!

Where have I been? I wish I could say, "Vaca!" but no. Life has kinda come to a screeching halt in this household. H has been in the hospital with a sever blood infection. And with his diabetes & heart issues, it's not good nor easy. Drs. at thinking I might be able to bring him home on Mon. or Tues. I'm glad, but I'm not sure what care I'll have to give him.
I'm a strong woman, but this is taking it's toll. I go to work, visit him in the hospital for 3-4 hrs., come home eat, sleep & then do it all again tomorrow. I honestly thought that once we got his pacemaker in & his diabetes in check it would be smooth sailing. UGH!!!
I'm hoping to soon be able to get back on track. I miss my walks...they help with the stress. Maybe when H gets home. I also want to be able to come back here on a regular basis! I need to be able to move forward or I'll end up just giving up. Giving up? Not an option!!!

Well, I gotta head to bed. I got work in the early 30.

BE HEALTHY! BE STRONG!! BE AWESOME 40-SOMETHINGS!!!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.