3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

APRIL Chat

Old 04-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #16

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Ladies!

I have been completely off track (sigh). Went on spring break with the kids and completely pigged out - I mean COMPLETELY. Felt horrible. Honestly, a vacation that I wanted to be "rejuvenating" ended up draining me. I came back home with every intent of getting back on track April 1. Didn't happen. I haven't ran for almost 2 weeks, have been eating crap, having wine...this has to stop.

I am weighing in at 152. :-( TOM might be contributing to some of it, but if I don't get back on track, I will find myself back in the 180s. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Candidly, I can't afford for it to happen - I gave all of my larger clothes to Goodwill!! :-D I guess that was a wise strategy - it's helping to kick me in the pants to get back on track!

It has really got me wondering though - why when I say I'm going to change, know exactly what I need to do (and NOT do)...don't I do it? Wish I could figure out how to "flip the switch" more easily (sigh)...

Time to establish some April goals - even if it is past April 1st. There are 25 days left in this month - about 3 and 1/2 weeks. My goal - to lose 10 pounds by May 1. Aggressive (3 pounds a week) - but I KNOW I can do it if I put my mind to it. That gets me back at 142. My birthday is at the end of May - if I could be at 132 by then it will be near my goal weight!! I can do this!! I know I can!!! Really need to stay on these boards - I need your support to stay on track!

So much stress at work right now. I think I've also used that as an "excuse"...NO MORE EXCUSES!

So for today - I'm going to clean the first floor of the house - then go for a run. Actually, I really should run first - that way it's done - I know it will also energize me and make me feel better. I signed up for a 5K on April 27th - so I HAVE to get back to basics! It's sunny outside - so I think I'll go to the trail - need some vitamin D.

As for food - I will NOT eat carbs today. I need to run to the grocery store to get some veggie crumbles. Think I'll make some fresh salsa and use the veggie crumbles to make taco meat for dinner - veggie taco salad - salsa, taco meat and shredded lettuce for dinner!

One more cup of coffee - then going to RUN! Hope everyone has a great day. It feels inspiring and motivating to be back on the boards and reading all of your posts!

Sheila
Old 04-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #17
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 302.4/289.8/150

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone! I'd love to start posting with you guys.

I'm an old-timer who desperately needs to come back to the fold! I loved 3FC when I used to post here daily. The mutual support was one of the main success factors for me to lose 35lbs and keep it off for 3 years. I never made it to my goal weight, but I still felt like a success. However, I slowly fell into old habits and stopped coming here to "hang out." I'm now at my all time highest weight and I am frankly overwhelmed.

My name is Rhonda. I'm a 48 years old, a wife of 19 years and a Mom to two teenage daughters. My husband and I are full-time telecommuters for a major healthcare administrator and I live just outside of Atlanta. I love photography, reading and watching TV.

My plan is calorie counting. For now, I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay within my calorie range. I'm using Daily Plate to keep track. I am seriously addicted to sugar, so a detox is probably just around the corner, but I need to take this a step at a time. I also will start walking soon. Just waiting for allergy/pollen season to abate a bit.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas : 04-06-2013 at 10:48 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #18
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Popping in to say "hi"

I re-started (once again ) 10 days ago. I ate myself up to 165.6 pounds Like you Sheila I got really scared because I was closer to 170's than to 150's. My all time high weight was 172 pounds and I surely didn't want to get there ever again...but it was only a matter of a few short months and I would had been back there. No, mam! No thank you!! Like you Sheila; I gave all my big (and small) clothes away. My closet only has 8's, 10's and a few, very few 12's. -- I have been wearing those few 12's I have and sweats So today is my 10th day of clean OP eating. I have given up all junk; candy, pop, and WINE!! Scale is down by 4 pounds Another 5 pounds and I am back to my beloved 10's and actually have something to wear

I will read back and do personals later. Off to my 5 mile walk.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 04-06-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #19

Well - the first floor of my house is completely CLEAN! Feels great!! And I know I burned calories doing it!!! Tomorrow is the second floor.

I'm going to go to the trail and at least powerwalk - - I have serious cramps so not sure I'm up for a run - but who knows, I might get on the trail and if the mood hits me, I'll run.....OR, I can powerwalk one way and run back. We'll see - regardless, I'm getting out there!!!

Rhonda - WELCOME!!! We are all here to support you!! I've never heard of Daily Plate, but I'm going to google it as soon as I'm done posting here! Sounds great!

Sum - sounds like we're living parallel lives We can do this!!! You're 10 days ahead of me! I'm giving up wine on Monday...too hard to do over the weekend for me, but I know that's my main culprit - makes me lazy and hungry for junk! Liquid doughnuts. I will however stay within my calorie allowance today and tomorrow. I know this is bad, but it's 1:30pm here and I haven't eaten anything today...not sure why - think it's just that I've been busy cleaning - - or it could be that whole pizza I ate last night seriously - I ordered and ate a whole medium pizza last night - UH!!! At least it was a veggie pizza with thin crust....but still - - (sigh)...

I'm feeling really strong today though - just need to keep it up! I'm off to the trail!!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #20

I started power walking on the trail - it felt so slow and unnatural to me so I started running and ran the whole thing! My legs are already feeling it after not having done ANYTHING for 2 weeks! But I feel FANTASTIC!

Veggie taco salad for dinner!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #21

Good morning everyone! Weighed in at 151 and 1/2 this morning...moving in the right direction!

Today's plan - clean the second floor. Then going to go to the gym for a workout, pay bills, and then relax. I know I'll feel better when the WHOLE house is cleaned...right now I just look at the kids rooms (uh, and my room) and all I see is a big MESS! Uh! I'm estimating the upstairs to take 2 hours to clean - going to get started after this cup of coffee!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #22
Fat to Fab and Fit

Where have all 40 somethings gone? Com back! Don't give up!!!

Woot on your weightloss Sheila!! My scale has been stuck at 161 something for the past four days...hoping for a little drop here soon! I can't wait to get back to 150's...

I volunteered all morning and most of the afternoon. We were so busy that I only managed to scarf down a granola bar for lunch. I know;I was a bad girl for skipping meals. I brought a slimfast with me as well, but I never got around drinking it. So it will be a nice big dinner for me tonight!

I hit the gym for some weights; oh how I HATE weight lifting!!! Will I ever learn to like it??? -- I use machines, I could not bring myself to do free weights, yuck...so machines it is. I lift as much weight as I can handle...I was nearly in tears at the end of my session. All shaky and sweaty. I know I will like the results.

Off to fix something yummy and calorie dense for dinner.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 04-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #23
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Sum38 Just a quick pop-in here. I am so glad you are finding your way again. Great inspiration for anyone struggling. All's good here. A crummy 4 days of eating, which is a good reminder of WHAT I DON'T WANT TO DO!! Back on track today. Clean eating, exercise, etc. Didn't want you to think I'd disappeared...

Working on losing some bloat...

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #24
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Oh, and how's this, my fellow 40-somethings. Yes, I have gray hair. But really, do I look like a senior?? When I went to the farm stand today I was asked if I qualified for the Monday Seniors Discount, followed by a very quick "how old are you?" I replied, "No I don't qualify. And to answer your question, I'm 47."

The discount kicks in at age 55. Nice. The cashier was probably in her early 40s.

Working on losing some bloat...

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #25

Hello Everyone!

Just a quick check in - work was an offsite training meeting.... Dodged the office stress today!!

Ate very clean - had 1/2 of a small Svelte soy protein shake for breakfast - lunch, some low fat cottage cheese and a salad...dinner - TBD. And I went to the gym - got on the elliptical for 30 minutes instead of running. Thought I should start mixing it up again.

Sum - I hear you on the weight lifting, and I'm right there with you! Kudos to you for doing it though!!

Newleaf - unfortunately, my "off track" path started during the holidays and I am just now getting back on the right path. And you do NOT look like a senior!!

My struggle right now - WINE. I love it, and really want to find a way to incorporate it into my maintenance plan...and ideally, into my weight loss plan....if anyone has any tips out there for how to do that, please let me know! Right now, I'm "earning" my wine via workouts, and as long as I stay within my calorie target, I can have it. Seems logical right? We'll see if it works.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!
Sheila
Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #26

S/C/G: 285/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Hi, gang....
Well, I've been thinking of all of you OFTEN! I unfortunately haven't been doing well on my journey.
1. H is doing good. He has a cardi appt. tomorrow. I'm hoping they'll schedule his 2nd procedure. But we'll see.
2. Work is keeping me busy. Some days too busy. So ready for vaca.
3. My health. About 1-1/2 weeks ago I found a lump in my breast. Now my lymphnodes are swelling up. THIS SUCKS! I don't have insurance. But I may have found a clinic that will see me. I'm calling them tomorrow.

We had a decent anniversary for a couple of kids. I've got pictures to post, which I'll do tomorrow.
BE HEALTHY! BE STRONG!! BE AWESOME!!! ROCK 40-SOMETHING LIKE IT'S 20-SOMETHING!!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #27

S/C/G: 236

Day 2 of Dukan. Going fine. I felt weird having fat-free half and half and 1/2 a sweetner. Tasted good though!

Have to vent a little. My boss really upset me yesterday. I was subbing for another teacher and my boss completely FORGOT that I was subbing. We had arranged the subbing over two weeks ago and all the other teachers were aware of the switch. She chewed me out saying, "You need to communicate these things with me." I was floored because SHE was the one who set it up! I was so upset because I was helping out by covering for someone else. I think she forgot to write it down and was taking it out on me.

MrsTryingAgain - I hope this is just some type of inflammation.

Rhonda - I'm a Rhonda, too! Spelled the right way -with an "H."

Welcome to all that are coming back here!

Sorry I don't have enough time to respond to everyone. I have to sub again. Hope I don't get yelled at for helping out.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #28
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 302.4/289.8/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning!

Ukemama - so nice to meet another Rhonda! Bosses....a necessary evil. It stinks when you get chewed out for something you didn't do.

Mrs - I'm so sorry to hear that you've found a lump. I hope you can get into that clinic. If not, keep looking. There must be something available in your area. Maybe you should go to the emergency room and let them refer you to a program.

Sheila - I would include the calories of wine into my calories for the day. But, I'm calorie counting, so that makes a lot of sense for my plan.

Newleaf - Not many women our age that I have met will let themselves be gray. Maybe that lady was basing her question on the gray hair and not your face? Because, I don't think your face says "senior".

Sun38 - I'm not such a fan of weight lifting either. However, in the past, I've seen what weights can do for my appearance....when not covered by my fat! I've seen places that have those quick 15 minute whole body workout plans. Perhaps you can try one of those plans. Get it over quickly.

I've been letting work stress get to me and heading to the kitchen for something to soothe me. That is one of the dangers of working from home. The kitchen is too accessible! Fortunately, I over ate with pecans and not something sugary. I feel like that's a step in the right direction. I've also not been tracking my calories for the last two days. Today, that must stop.

Have a great on-plan day.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #29
Fat to Fab and Fit

Morning ladies!

I am super exited this morning. I left those nasty 160's behind and I saw glorious 159.8 on my scale this morning This may not stick, but atleast there is some hope. -- This is my millionth time trying to lose the 150's; I hope I can do it. I certainly seem to have more motivation than before.

GirlyGirlSebas I'll see if my gym offers that, thanks!! Hope today is an OP day for you!!!

ukemama Being teacher is tough enough, sorry for getting yelled at by your boss too!!

MrsTryingAgain Sending you some positive thoughts! I hope you will get that breast checked out soon!!

Sheila I gave up wine on March 28th and decided to have wine free April. I miss my evening cocktails, but I must say my weight seems to be dropping off quicker without my wine...and I think I may have some sort of intolerance towards it, my bloated tummy does not look as bloated anymore. I am thinking about extending my wine free month to 50 days Wanna join my challenge?

newleaf123 I hope you punched that farmer's market worker!! NO, NO, NO...you do not look like a senior!!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 04-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #30

Hi Everyone - I'm still here too, just plodding away. The pattern with me seems to be that I read but don't reply when I'm not losing. I just don't have anything motivational to say, so I just 'take' my motivation without contributing. I'll try to do better! Still trying to get that same 2 pounds off. Seems like I'll almost get there, then have a bad day and be back to square one. Also, my husband works away from home half the year, then is off the other half. He's going to be leaving any day, so we've been trying to do lots of family things before he goes. Good for our relationship, but not so good for my diet!

Sum- Yay for you on the 150's! 158 is as low as I got last summer, before gaining some back. I know the excitement of that number.

Girly - I hear you on the working from home thing. I do best when I work from downstairs, which is as far away from the kitchen as I can be. If I do come upstairs to grab something, at least I have to go up and down the stairs for it - sometimes that alone keeps me from doing it!

Uke - that stinks about your boss chewing you out for her own mistake. I hate stuff like that, and have a hard time letting go. I hope your day is better today.

Mrs. - I like the idea of going to the emergency room, if you can't find a clinic to see you. I hope it's nothing, but please get it checked out. Prayers for you!

Sheila - I do the same as you, regarding the wine. If I save enough calories for it, I can have it. If not, then no wine. My problem is stopping with one glass. I'd rather have 2!

Newleaf - I would have taken the senior discount, then as I was walking away, said "I'm only 47". I'm sure the clerk was just trying to be helpful, but still........sheesh!

The hubs and I have been hiking daily, which is a lot more fun than just walking around the neighborhood. Unfortunately, we had some snow yesterday, so we'll have to wait til that melts off again to get back to hiking. I'll miss my hiking buddy when he leaves for work. I don't like going by myself - I'm always worried I'll run into a bear!

Have a successful, on-plan day, everyone!
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.