Mother's Day Challenge

You're on Page 7 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: I'm losing weight but not for good reasons. I've been sick-sick-sick. Official diagnosis today: bronchitis and laryngitis, but all viral so all I can do is let it run it's course. Down 2 pounds of this morning though.
    Oh boy!! That sounds awful! Hoping you get better ASAP! 2lbs down is still 2lbs down regardless of how, LOL.
  • I am stopping the daily weigh-ins, despite that I know daily fluctuations are totally normal and that the scale is not a perfect tool, not seeing lower numbers does affect me somewhat. I'm only stepping on the scale on Sundays for weigh-ins, that's it.

Doing mostly great on the food and exercise parts, I just wish the scale would reflect that! I think I need to do some or something to zen out.
  • I understand that amandie....daily weigh ins use to affect my day of how I would eat/act/exercise....So I leave it to once a week as well:-)
  • I just made a 4th of July challenge if any of you would like to join at any time, even after this challenge is done. I totally need all the motivation I can soak up especially with summertime coming up. That is when I start to waver and go off track slowly with all the food and booze.

I hope everyone else is doing great!! I am doing okay with food and workouts so far although still maintaining 166. I'm just gonna be very patient (not one of my best virtues but I'm trying! )

Have a great weekend, all!
  • So disappointed with yesterday's WI- 171 but I am on TOM and drank a lot on Friday so hoping that's just all a ton of water weight, lol. I am seriously buckling down now, no more playing around AND no more drinking (that was my original goal on this thread and I really neeeeeed to stick with it until then!)

I'm going to stay on track with the food and exercise if I want to make goal. Hoping everyone else is having a better go of it than I am!
  • SW: 172.5
    CW: 164.5
    GW: 162.5

I've really been struggling which is why I haven't been checking in, but I'm hoping to still make my goal of 10lbs.

Hope everyone else is having an easier time than I am.
  • Good Crow, you are still hopeful. Been still busy on my end. Hope everyone has a good weekend
    CW: 164

Slowly but surely moving in the right direction -- I'm hopeful that I can make it!

amandie, hope the weigh-in has good news this week.

How are you doing, anewbody?
  • Hey everyone...just checking in. Counting down with 10 days left. I'm not going to make my goal of 10 pounds lost, but will be at 6, "IF" I maintain what I have now and lose 2 more. Psychologically being at 185 would be GREAT!

Sorry I've been absent lately. Just busy...but staying on track as best I can!
  • Crow- Thank you!

Moondance, I will not be able to make my goal of 159 too.

I finally hit 165.4 this am, yesterday 165.6. Seriously SO happy! LOL. This was my first serious stall/plateau in my whole WL journey since 226lbs. Definitely humbling and I will not discount any .5, even .1 losses! For now, I will take what I can by Mother's day. Probably 2lbs at best.

Hope everyone else is faring better!
  • Awesome on your loss Amandie!

I had another vacation past weekend, now looking forward to mother's day with the kids
    CW: 163

Nearly there!
  • Awesome job crow!
  • How about you, anewbody? Are you happy with how you've done?
  • Thank you again, Crow. You are doing awesome, you've practically hit your goal for this challenge!

Thank you, anewbody. I am looking forward to Mother's Day too!

165.0! Another pound gone! I started this challenge at 169 (I had to go back to the first page and check, haha) with goal weight of 159. Not quite there but I am still 4lbs down so that's a plus!