Old 03-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 262/238/150

Yay! So here are my goals:
keep up with the C25K training,
lose 15 pounds,
increase my water to at least 8 glasses a day while cutting out diet coke.

Excited to get started!
Beewidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #32  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Way to go, Moondance and Anewbody!

Crow- Glad to hear you were able to enjoy your visit as well as not doing too much damage!

Welcome, Beewidget and Campana! Wish you both best of luck with your goals! Totally doable!!

Beewidget- How do you like the C25K program? I have been wanting to do it but no treadmill nor a safe area to walk around my neighborhood (no sidewalks at all, bit scary for me being that I cannot hear at all.) Maybe I need to stop making excuses and join a gym or invest in a treadmill??

Happy Friday, all!! I think I am retaining water and still some of the TOM weight because I'm hovering between 169 to 171, ugh! Ohh, I forgot I also worked out on Wednesday for the first time in a long time and you tend to hold a bit of water to help with the muscles when first starting up (again) or so I hear, lol. I will not stress too much about it because I am/have been still on plan and everything, it WILL come off! Thinking I will do 15-30 minutes on the elliptical today. After all, I made a personal goal to start working out at least 3 times a week and I need to stick to it!

Have a great OP weekend, everyone!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 197.2/186.8/145

Height: 5'3"

Isn't water retention terrible....
anewbody2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #34  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I'm on track...
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
I'm on track...
Good good! Now enjoy your weekend
Old 03-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 210/206/140

Height: 64"

anewbody...yes it is! I retain so easily, and find that seafood makes it worse. I finally lost all the fluid I had retained a week ago...just in time for TOM to put it back on (go figure!) I retain mine in the gut, which makes my already big tummy look pregnant! UGH!
trukmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #37  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I totally get you, trukmek!!! I am finally back down to 169 this morning after TOM but I think/hope I am still retaining water thanks to the dinners from Wednesday and Thursday evenings. I have been eating less salty food and drinking a bit more water than usual so hopefully, I will have a "whoosh" come next weigh-in but I will just be happy to see 168 and below!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:53 AM   #38  

Hello everyone just wanted to check in. I had a wonderful hike ith my family this weekend going to keep up the good work and continue with my goal
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #39  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

Welcome, Beewidget, and best of luck with your goals. Sounds like you have a pretty good plan.

Campana,I love family hikes. I'm glad yours went well.

trukmek and amandie, I find the TOM water weight very hard to beat. Fortunately I don't have to worry about that right now seeing as I'm still breastfeeding LittleMan. It isn't much now he's mostly eating solids, but it's enough to keep TOM away.

Me, I had an emotional situation yesterday (not even a major one), and I reacted to it by making very bad food choices. It's my first real slip since Christmas and I'm very disappointed in myself.

I've decided that instead of beating myself up I'll use it as an incentive to up my exercise level this week. I might not be able to work off every calorie but it's a good incentive to try.

Hope everybody else's weekend was better than mine.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #40  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I am going to smash this one.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 262/238/150

Good Morning! Snow here is MD, schools are closed....

Amandie- I have a C25K app on my phone. It's pretty easy to follow. You only do it 3 days a week. I've just completed week one. 5 minute warm up, then 1.5 minutes wakling and 1 minute jogging for 20 minutes, finish up with a 5 minute cool down. So thirty munites total. Wasn't too bad. We'll see what week 2 brings tomorrow.

Crow-I do the same thing all the time with food. Make bad choices then beat myself up over it. A bad cycle that has lead to all this extra weight.

Did pretty good staying OP this weekend. Went out for pizza yesterday for lunch, but ate a salad first and only had one slice. And I was pretty content with that.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Beewidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #42  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

I am a bit late to the game, which is normal for me. lol.
I would like to be 160 by Mother's Day. Big goal for me but I got to get something going.

Amandie & Beewidget - I have been doing the C25K program for the past 6 weeks or so. I made it to week 6 but decided to bump back down to week 5 because it was so hard to run the 25 minutes straight. I decided to take it a little slower than the program. It is tough to jump to those 25 straight minute runs, for me anyway.

Moondance - Good luck on your auditions.

Okay, lots of water today. Keep calories around 1300 per day and no alcohol until the weekend. I can do it.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #43  

Beewidget the choices you made while going out to eat we're excellent glad to hear you stayed in plan

Iang that is the spirit today we will ALL do good

NEMom what is that C25 program you are doing please share the info. Your goal seams reasonable and you WILL achieve it.

Everyone have an awesome day we can all do this
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Well, I was right...the 189 was a short stay. I'm sure the Chinese food I had yesterday is making me retain water. Oh well. At least I didn't gain but stayed at my 191.

Crow: WTG on the family dinner. It feels good to have control, doesn't it?

Beewidget: "Cut out the diet coke" GREAT goal!! I too am a big soda drinker. I've cut way back and feel better for it. Can't quite give up the bubbly, but instead of name-brand pop, I'm drinking store brand flavored sparkling water. Less chemicals, no caffeine. I just can't drink plain water, so this is my compromise. Good luck with the C25K. Sounds like you're off to a great start!

amandie: You've got a great attitude! You're right...stick to plan and everything will come off!

IanG: WooHoo to staying on track!

NEMom: You can do it! You know what to do...so do it!

Campana: Hope you're having a great, OP day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #45  

Welcome all the new we have snow on the ground here too and it's still snowing. Was headed to the gym, but will do couple videos here at the house. I don't normally drive in the snow. Hope everyone weekend was a good one!