Mother's Day Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • Chocolate muffins......were they good?
  • anewbody- I thought they were good. My niece liked them too and she is a very picky eater! It isn't as dense as I thought it would be (I may have fudged up on the measurements of the eggs since I only had egg beaters and put in a little too much hence it being a bit light, the mixture was kinda runny) and pretty moist/crumbly, though the crumbly issue goes away the next day once it sets.

I am seriously thinking about using this recipe as a round layered cake instead of muffins for mother's day, probably going with my mom's favorite- black forest cake but with whipped dream whip/cream cheese mixture for frosting instead since that is what she prefers. Hmm!
  • Moondance, best of luck with the audition, it sounds like a lot of work but a lot of fun. As for the weights, that's my favourite form of exercise. I find it much more satisfying than cardio.

anewbody, as much as possible is a great goal! I bet you make that 15lbs.

amandie, it's a while since we made chocolate muffins; I think we're due a batch.

IanG, I love the satisfaction of making those mini-goals. There's no better motivator.

It's my dad's birthday today, so we're going to visit with my parents. That means huge portions of yummy, unhealthy food and a sad face if I don't clear my plate. Wish me luck balancing between staying on plan and keeping my parents happy.
  • Quote: anewbody- I thought they were good. My niece liked them too and she is a very picky eater! It isn't as dense as I thought it would be (I may have fudged up on the measurements of the eggs since I only had egg beaters and put in a little too much hence it being a bit light, the mixture was kinda runny) and pretty moist/crumbly, though the crumbly issue goes away the next day once it sets.

I am seriously thinking about using this recipe as a round layered cake instead of muffins for mother's day, probably going with my mom's favorite- black forest cake but with whipped dream whip/cream cheese mixture for frosting instead since that is what she prefers. Hmm!
    I have heard of people using different versions of making cake so it is more healthy than the original recipes. I think doing things like this can help a dieter stay on track without having to stay completely away from snacks
  • Quote: Moondance, best of luck with the audition, it sounds like a lot of work but a lot of fun. As for the weights, that's my favourite form of exercise. I find it much more satisfying than cardio.

anewbody, as much as possible is a great goal! I bet you make that 15lbs.

amandie, it's a while since we made chocolate muffins; I think we're due a batch.

IanG, I love the satisfaction of making those mini-goals. There's no better motivator.

It's my dad's birthday today, so we're going to visit with my parents. That means huge portions of yummy, unhealthy food and a sad face if I don't clear my plate. Wish me luck balancing between staying on plan and keeping my parents happy.
    I KNOW exactly how frustrating those family dinners can be. Not ONLY are there good eats, BUT you also don't want to offend anyone by not partaking in certain foods. I hope the dinner goes well for you
  • Yahoo...scale said 189 this morning...down another 2#!! It's not official though...that comes on Monday. I've got to maintain the loss over the weekend. I sure hope it sticks!!

amandie: Mmmm...chocolate muffins. Good job on the willpower to not overdo it. Don't know that I could be that good! Sounds like a good idea for a cake too. Let us know how it turns out.

IanG: I'm aiming big to get small! Love it! Go big or go home, right?

Crow: How did dinner go? Those kinds of situations can be so tricky!

anewbody2013: Hope you're having a great day!
  • Quote: Yahoo...scale said 189 this morning...down another 2#!! It's not official though...that comes on Monday. I've got to maintain the loss over the weekend. I sure hope it sticks!!

amandie: Mmmm...chocolate muffins. Good job on the willpower to not overdo it. Don't know that I could be that good! Sounds like a good idea for a cake too. Let us know how it turns out.

IanG: I'm aiming big to get small! Love it! Go big or go home, right?

Crow: How did dinner go? Those kinds of situations can be so tricky!

anewbody2013: Hope you're having a great day!
    Wooooohooooo! Congrats on your loss and OUT of the 190s! My weigh in is tomorrow and I am keeping my fingers crossed!
  • Run Like A Mother
    Is a national program that encourages all women to take time for themselves and focus on their health. I am following their training program in addition to my Ideal Protein Diet. I turn 40 in May and want to be proud of the Mommy in the pictures! For novice runners this is a great way to get started. You do not to be entered in an event to access the training schedule - you cando it on your own! Though I must say I will be registering for the event (you can do the run in your own town with friends or alone) because I think the t-shirt should be seen by all!
  • Is it too late to join?
  • Hello girls hope it is ok I join. Considering that Mother's Day is 7 weeks away I challenge myself to loose 15 lbs by then.

How I plan to get there:
    Drinking 2lts of water daily.
    Walking at least 30 min 3 times a workweek
    Going on a hike with my family every weekend at least a 2hrs
    Having a salad as dinner at least 2 nights a work week
  • Quote: Is it too late to join?
    Welcome! No its not too late. Anyone is welcome anytime, we just gathered to chit chat really til Mother's Day. Lol and in the meantime working out!

Glad you joined us Cam. And looks like you already have a plan in place

Moondance not yet, still in bed actually....lol getting these lazy bones up right now : p
  • Welcome Campana! Nope, not too late.

SPAM! Ignore the posts from Capecoddieter

anewbody2013: How did your weigh-in go?

How is everyone else? Check-in!!
  • Finally got on the scale 186.8. My major goal is to be ready for summer. I don't want to be wearing sweatpants this year.....
  • Moondance and anewbody, you're both doing so well!! Seeing you both is motivating me to keep on plan.

Campana, looks like you have a great plan to keep you on track. The combination of salads for dinner and family hikes sounds really great to me.

Me, I survived the family dinner without going too badly off-plan. I managed to limit my portion size of the very tasty food and appeased family by taking home leftovers. It was a great visit!
  • Quote: Moondance and anewbody, you're both doing so well!! Seeing you both is motivating me to keep on plan.

Campana, looks like you have a great plan to keep you on track. The combination of salads for dinner and family hikes sounds really great to me.

Me, I survived the family dinner without going too badly off-plan. I managed to limit my portion size of the very tasty food and appeased family by taking home leftovers. It was a great visit!
    Glad your visit went well! Too acheived two goals with one visit