3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

40-Something May Day Challenge

Old 03-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #91

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Sum and Nat: Good job to both of you on the exercise and eating!

2fatcats: I'm glad you're doing so well after surgery, but your DH is probably right. Take it easy for a week!

Firegirl: What a nice thing to do for your neighbor!

Chellestime: I'm glad you can work out again after the Achilles injury. Those can be tough!

Today has been pretty good except the Belgian waffle (with nutella and speculoos) I ate for brunch! I've realized over the last couple of weeks that I cannot do this diet unless I can eat how I want to eat for life. So I've been indulging when it's worthwhile. Afterwards though DH and I walked another 4 miles. I'm thinking we are going to try to do the walking 4-5 times a week. It's just so nice to unwind and have 35-45 minutes of uninterrupted conversation! So far I'm doing pretty well on not eating in the evenings too. Hopefully it continues.

Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #92
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

**TMI** alert. If you are passionate about Easter then please don't read the next paragraph!!!!

I am not a religious person, therefore I don't celebrate Easter. I am super annoyed that my gym is closed today.

I am suffering from major DOMS, yesterday was was really bad. Especially my legs. That is what I get when I stop exercising (walking) for 3 months and my body has not lifted anything heavy in years

I had another great day. No pop, juice, wine etc. I walked 4.7 miles. At first I was going pretty slow because of sore legs but they loosened up a bit and I think because of my walk, DOMS is bit better today.

SW 165.6
CW 164.4

Have a wonderful day and to those who celebrate Easter, have a happy Easter.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 04-01-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #93
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

Been hanging in there the last few days. Stayed within calories Friday but didn't exercise. Yesterday I had already planned to be off plan as we went to Brooklyn to hear my mom sing in church. It was exacerbated by the fact that I work up at 3AM yesterday with one of the worst headaches I've ever had, along with nausea. It took many hours, ice packs, and meds before I was up and around. I ended up having a bagel with cream cheese for b'fast, then we went to Nathan's in Coney island for dinner, where I had a grilled chicken sandwich and some fries. Oddly, we went to a bakery afterward and I was still so full that nothing appealed to me(shocking!), so I never even had dessert. But no exercise, although we were out walking quite a bit.

Today I'm going to eat some yummy things for dinner but will count them..my carbs will be higher than usual, though, so I'll stay off the scale for a few.

Sum, I had to google DOMS..interesting! Great job on the walk and weight drop..enjoy your day.

Jennifer, love your philosophy!

2fc, glad you're doing better. That weight will all flush out..don't sweat it.

fire, glad your stomach is better..hope you continue to do well.

newleaf, can't wait to hear about your trip!

smartblonde, I thought I was the only one left who still logged food in a notebook! Welcome and good luck with the challenge!

2014 is my year!!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #94
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

DH and I got up and went to sunrise services at church. We usually don't go back after that, but DD wants to go and take the grandbabies all dressed up in their Easter clothes, so DH and I will take them. We go to my mom's for lunch at 1:30. I will only eat things on plan. I am taking things that meet that criteria in case she doesn't have anything. I won't exercise today either. Hope everyone has a great day,

Grandma to 3 beautiful babies

NOTE- avatar picture is me at 208 lbs!

Restart March 24, 2014

firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #95

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Happy Easter to those who celebrate and a Happy (hopefully beautiful) Sunday to everyone!

I'm relaxing with my coffee waiting for the teenagers to crawl out of their beds. DH is working, so I'm cooking (gasp) and taking dinner to my parents this afternoon. I'm going to try not to overeat, but I know my salt and carb intake will be up because I'm making a ham, mashed potatoes, and sweet potatoes. I'm going to make the sweet potatoes really diet-friendly and try to fill at least a quarter of my plate with steamed broccoli! If its not raining, DH and I will walk this evening.

SW: 183
CW: 179.2
GW: 173 (I'm going to do this!!)

Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #96

S/C/G: 154/see signature/130

Height: 5 foot 5

Good morninga all and Happy Easter to those that celebrate. I haven't been around for a while. It has been a crazy week with the kids with their Dad , I ate out a lot and really just spent a lot of time being depressed. I miss them when they aren't around.

I definitely have a cyst on my ovary...the doctor said it may be pushing into my bladder which is why I feel so uncomfortable. It is like a dull ache and I feel it most when my bladder is full. He doesn't seem to think it is anything we need to take action on right now and hopefully it will go away on its own..I am getting another ultrasound to make sure. I am extremely bloated. I also had blood work done to check thyroid. Didn't get results back yet on that.....

Out of desperation I have decided to do Isogenix for a month just to get a jump start on weight loss. Nothing else I have done is working and I am so scared that this weight thing is going to continue to escalate. yes, I know its expensive and some kind of pyramid scheme but it is working for a friend of mine right now that is using it. I will be starting it tomorrow. Wish me luck ladies!!

As far as my workouts go I am going to start using kettlebells at home and now that the weather is nicer maybe walk or even run if I feel brave enough.....I am not loving Cross Fit..I decided it really isn't for me. I'm glad that I tried it but I don't see myself doing it after my sessions are up. All it did was make me feel like a failure and a misfit. So now I'm in search of something else!!!

I hope everyone has a good day today.....

Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #97
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, all. Up 3.5 pounds from my trip! Ugh. But I'm not down about it; I feel very engaged food wise. Cooked up a vegetarian frenzy this morning: white bean cumin lemon salad, roasted red pepper spread, hard boiled eggs, cranberry bread. I guess I missed cooking while away! Bringing the bean salad and cranberry bread to Easter dinner.

Busy with laundry and general cleanup. Will post about my trip next week. Had a great time!

Working on losing some bloat...

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #98
NeNe

Zumbachica: I am a newbie here since you have been out. Sorry to hear about the cyst on your ovary. I pray it will go away without surgical intervention. I had bladder surgery last year, it was not successful, so I am having more surgery on April 23rd. Best wishes for success with the program you are starting in the morning.

I can't wait to hear about your trip!

I ate so-so at my mom's Easter dinner. Mostly meats with some midget dill pickles, a salad made with lettuce we grew in our greenhouse, celery and cherry tomatoes with a dip of ranch dressing, bacon and cheese. I passed all 3 desserts. Tonight I ate leftover meats and 3 cherry tomatoes with a tbsp of her dip. I drank over 60 ounces of water so far and plan to guzzle one more bottle before bed. I plan to exercise in the pool tomorrow.

Restart March 24, 2014

Old 04-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #99

S/C/G: 205/127/135

Made it through the weekend with TOM, anniversary dinner, birthday dinner (bfs moms' bday is today) and am "only" 2 lbs up from where I started a week and a half ago....sigh... On the PLUS side....with the beautiful weather here this weekend I got a 2 mile run OUTSIDE both sat morn and yesterday. I have forgotten how much more of a workout it is outside than on the "dreadmill" lol. I will go back here and get personals in...hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

SW 146.4
CW 148.4
GW 139.9 (lol)

its time to get serious!!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #100

S/C/G: 154/see signature/130

Height: 5 foot 5

Good morning all...well Iso gen ix almost killed me this morning..had a wierd niacin reaction to some accelerator junk that I took...(not the shake)...so here I am with burning face and arms and neck that is all red and painful and my coach sends me some blurb that says this is normal and actually a GOOD THING and to think about how it results in weight loss and cleansing and I lost it. I told her that noone was going to tell me this was a good thing and that insulted me on forty levels. Would you let your kid get all swollen and red and tell them its a good thing? But you can tell me that because you want me to keep taking this crappola so you can keep making money off of me. Do I look like fell off the turnip truck yesterday?

So..today's goal is to drink the shake and hopefully not die from it, (I paid for all this stuff, I need to make it work), throwing the "excellerator" in the garbage and get my toning class in. I gained even more weight thanks to Easter....but it was a nice day and dinner and I don't regret it. I really feel like I"m going to get this weight off...maybe the warmer days are giving me motivation, or maybe I'm just delirious from the isa genix poisoning.....have a good day all...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #101
Onward & Downward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
Good morning all...well Iso gen ix almost killed me this morning..had a wierd niacin reaction to some accelerator junk that I took...(not the shake)...so here I am with burning face and arms and neck that is all red and painful and my coach sends me some blurb that says this is normal and actually a GOOD THING and to think about how it results in weight loss and cleansing and I lost it. I told her that noone was going to tell me this was a good thing and that insulted me on forty levels. Would you let your kid get all swollen and red and tell them its a good thing? But you can tell me that because you want me to keep taking this crappola so you can keep making money off of me. Do I look like fell off the turnip truck yesterday?

So..today's goal is to drink the shake and hopefully not die from it, (I paid for all this stuff, I need to make it work), throwing the "excellerator" in the garbage and get my toning class in. I gained even more weight thanks to Easter....but it was a nice day and dinner and I don't regret it. I really feel like I"m going to get this weight off...maybe the warmer days are giving me motivation, or maybe I'm just delirious from the isa genix poisoning.....have a good day all...
Yikes Zumba I wouldn't take it again either! That is crazy!

I hear you on gaining with Easter. Won't weigh until tomorrow but I have no doubt I did.... but again I agree with you on not regretting it either. Now I am back on track and am going to stay that way for several weeks!

Sorry I am not trying to respond to the rest of the posts. Time to get ready to go volunteer today. Have a great day everyone! Keep up (or ha ha in my case get back to) the good work!
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #102
NeNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post

You can't get a refund on that stuff if you are unable to safely take it? Anything I have ever purchased has a guarantee with it. Hope yours does too so you are not out that money! There are plenty of other programs you could try if you need that boost in the beginning. I did medifast once for a jump start.

Restart March 24, 2014

Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #103
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Yet another successful mindful eating day behind Scale is down 2 pounds since I shifted my attitude

I walked 4.9 miles, but I was not able to hit the gym yesterday. -- I am hoping to go later on today -- I volunteer at the Finnish center each Monday for 6-8 hours, I am actually at the place right now -- so it remains to be seen how tired I am at the end of the day... BUT I will do my best what comes to motivating myself to go... I am doing so well with food and exercise, I want to continue this awesome streak!!

SW 165.6
CW 163.4

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 04-01-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #104

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

Hi all.

I don't seem to be able to check in here too often. I have a lot of family stuff going on and have been making trips to Chicago and St Louis. I am going back to St. Louis later this week. My 89 y.o. MIL has been put on hospice and DH is only coping so-so.

On a more upbeat note. My weight seems to be moving in the right direction again. The weather is improving, so i have began to walk and run outside again. One month left till May day and ~6 lbs to lose. Totally do-able with exercise and sensible eating (I hope).

Heidi. Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Natamars, Luvcats, Sum, everybody, keep up the good work. Plainsgirl, I will wave to you as I drive down I-55.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #105
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

159.7 this morning; was surprised to be down, given the Easter dinner yesterday. I figure I'm getting the bounce from losing the airplane bloat.

In the end, I seem to have come back the same size, except slightly smaller thighs, from my trip. We'll see where the scale settles out. I feel like I still have 15 pounds left to lose so will be moving my goal weight down...

Working on losing some bloat...

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.