3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

40-Something May Day Challenge

Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #31

S/C/G: 205/127/135

Height: 5'4"

OK. Finally got my nerve to stand on the scale. 146.4. There it is. In black and white. It irritates the heck out of me because that is exactly what I have weighed for the last 6-9 months. Give or take 1.5 pounds. Workout or not. Eat what I want. Or not. I've got to figure this out. But in the meantime I have all of you wonderful ladies to keep me motivated to not give up. And I promise to do my best to cheer each of you on as well. I know how it feels to get that "pat on the back"...especially from someone who KNOWS.

So....my goals are looking like this:
1)Get under 14_ I don't even care if it ends up 139.9. Seriously
2)Drink 4-5 bottles of water a day. Used to do that without fail.
3) Get in some form of cardio a minimum of 4 days in a week. Weights 2 times.
4)Check in here at least once a day. Sometimes that is hard with my work schedule but I'm working on FOLLOW THRU LOL

Alright ladies....lets go out there today and kick some butt!!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #32

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Ugh, TOM is here with a vengeance! I basically ate from the time I got home yesterday until I went to bed. I was way too cowardly to weigh this morning, but at least cravings seem to have subsided (only to be replaced with massive back pain). I will be brave and weigh tomorrow. I have to work 13 hour days today and tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be too busy to eat much!

Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #33

S/C/G: 154/see signature/130

Height: 5 foot 5

JENNIFER:; I'm out of control when I PMS also...its insane...I get the wierdest cravings...salty stuff, sweet stuff..then just a crazy hunger in general..there has to be a way to control that.

PLAINSGIRL You and I are the same weight and almost the same height..I also have been fighting that number for months now, and it doesn't matter what I do....totally nuts how our bodies "set" themselves to a weight. Hopefully I will get this extra weight off once and for all, because spring is here and there's no time to waste anymore!!!

NATAMARS: we all have those days that we fail, I have a lot of them.....I think once in a while having a mega calorie day doesn't hurt us as long as we confine it to one day and then jump back on the wagon..that's how skinny people eat!!!! They eat at parties but then they become normal again whereas someone like me keeps the party going for months...hang in there kiddo...we'lll get this right....I just know it.

FIRGIRL: good luck with your surgery.....good time to start "new"

SUM38: Good job on that walk!!
2FATCATS: There's always that last area taht holds on for that famine that isnt' coming any time soon...you'll do it girlfriend...you're on fire!!

GUAC: just stay mindful to be careful in between those events....balance honey..balance!

Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #34

Well there's always something coming between me and working out.....last night I woke up in the middle of the night with the worse UTI pain ever...it was awful...I was in agony...thank goodness I had some old pyridinine that helped a little.....but i didn't have much sleep at all.....went to the doc's this morning and sure enough I have an infection..On antibiotics ........Im still in pain but feeling better......so its safe to say that cross fit didn't happen tonight, and it won't happen tomorrow either..I'm not making progress here with my workouts and its pathetic.

I finally bought the Fast Diet book today so I can do this properly. I went off my fast and had sugar, and that resulted in a two pound gain...OUCH...not cool.....I absolutely love not having the pressure to eat every four hours and all this other stuff we're told to do......So back on the fast wagon I go. Tomorrow night having breakfast with a friend before I drive her to the doctor....and then dinner tomorrow night with the girls but I already know what i"m ordering.....On antibiotics so no booze...less calories...
Hang in there everybody....we had our first day of spring and its all uphill from here!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #35

Ugh....yesterday was about par for the course. Couldn't go work out in the am as planned cause I got called in 1 1/2 hrs early...recovered quite nicely by packing very healthy, and filling lunch and snacks. And then...dd texts and invited her brother and I over so she can make dinner for us. She just moved into her first apt and was chomping at the bit to show her domestic side. Only problem:shes been living with her dad for many years and inherited his taste for...ummm...crap? Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn. And she filled my plate. sigh..... I weighed in at exactly what I did yesterday. I did however get in 2 bottles of water....those big ones from Ice Mountain with the sports top. So all in all I will count yesterday...neutral? lol. Hoping I can get to the y today since I get off early today. I need to sweat. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...s/exercise.gif
Old 03-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #36

...sorry about the link...lol. Still learning how to do this.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #37
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Wednesday: 1295 calories, 20 min stairclimbing, resistance training at home

Yesterday went much better. I couldn't go to the gym since DH didn't get home from work until midnight, but did free weights, squats, lunges, sit ups at home. I did a few planks and push ups but my abs were still SO sore from Monday night. My core is really shot..needs so much work.

Weighed in and am up 1 lb from last Friday. Could be much worse considering I was off plan for most of the week. Hopefully there's not more to come.

guac, you sound much better. You're an inspiration for me to keep going...I know how hard it's been for you and yet you've never given up. And when you look back over time you can see how much progress you've made.

plainsgirl, sounds like you did a great job w/ a day where curveballs kept getting thrown at you - be proud!

zumba, sorry about the UTI..ugh. But the IF sounds like it will work really well with your lifestyle, so yay on that! Hope you feel better soon.

jennifer, I am exactly the same way, in fact I wondered if I might be getting mine early since I was so OOC with food Tuesday. It's like a huge gaping hole that has to be filled. Hope you're feeling better today.

2014 is my year!!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #38

S/C/G: 212/148/130

Height: 5'5

Starting weight
3/17/13 - 154

Current weight
3/21/13 - 152

Goal weight
5/1/13 - 148

Had a so-so day with eating yesterday. Going out to a fabulous restaurant with the family tonight, and so I really want to save my calories for dinner. I'm feeling kind of hungry right now and am hoping I don't blow things by going into dinner with most of my calories used up. I know I am not going to hold back ordering tonight, because I have been looking forward to this. So...I need to buck up today and use what little will power I have to consume calories in moderation. We have 5pm reservations - I can keep it under control until then! Right? LOL!

Good luck today, everyone. Once again, thanks to all of you for sharing and being there - it helps me so much to know there are others in the same boat.

-I AM MY OWN CHEERLEADER!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #39
Onward & Downward

Yeah on the loss Guac! Keep it up everyone! Hang in there you can do it!

Sorry no time to go back further and respond individually... I leave for my oldest daughter's in an hour and return on Monday. My youngest daughter is going with me--her first time on a plane (lol at 17... I made her get her permit so she could go and now that she passed the test she is super thrilled and wanting to drive any possible chance).

Still OP and hoping to stay that way most of the time on the trip. Should get decent exercise too. Have a great weekend everyone!
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #40

Zumba: Love the comment about how skinny people eat--you are so right! Why does something that seem so easy have to be so hard? Occasional gluttony is not a bad thing--unless, as you said, it becomes a month long (or a year in my case!)

Plainsgirl: A neutral day with lots of water is not too bad! I hope you got to work out today.

Natamars: Good job on always getting the exercise in--I really struggle with that!

Guacamole: Hope your dinner is fabulous!

Luvcats: Have a great weekend. Hope DD likes flying! My DD is going to Santa Monica for spring break Sunday while I stay here awaiting another spring snow!

I'm on my second day of working 13+ hours, and I don't know how people do this regularly! I'm exhausted.

Last edited by Jennifer1966 : 03-21-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #41
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Another 4.7 mile walk

Move in date; TOMORROW!! I am sooooo happy to be out of my in-laws and into my own home!!!!!!!!!!!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 03-21-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #42

S/C/G: 271/177.6/175

Have Had A Rough Few Days Hungry Big Time And Kinda Down About No Big Loss....I Had A Hysterectomy In 2011 Cant Blame Tom...My My Bday Is Sat. Afraid I Will Get Carried Away With Eating .Im JustIn A Funk..Easter I Have 2 DinNers.i KnowI'm Gonna Over Eat.....JustNeeded ToVent A Little I guess
Old 03-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #43
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Thursday: 1625 calories, 25 min stairclimbing, 4 miles on readmill, 2.6 @ 5.8 mph plus warmup and cooldown

I'm up .2 for the week..not bad considering how up and down my calories were. Had to cut my run a little short since I was feeling pain in my middle and my heart rate was feeling really high.. was fine afterward though. I have to find a way to make the running happen 3x/week. Tomorrow DS has baseball practice in the morning so I'm planning to run around the grounds while he's practicing.

Will be off plan at the bowling party tonight, but will go right back to plan tomorrow morning.

mboo, happy birthday! We have all been there..just do the best you can during the dinners and try to stay on plan in between. And try to get some exercise in, that helps with mood too.

sum, double woo-hoo! You must be so happy!

jennifer, are you getting a shorter work week in exchnage for longer shifts?

luv, you sound great!

guac, nice loss! You're sounding stronger..I know you can meet your goal!

2014 is my year!!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #44

Sum: way to go on another long walk!! And congrats on moving! I'm glad you found a house.

Mboo: holidays and birthdays are hard for us trying to reduce! I'm sure you'll be out of your funk soon. They just seem to happen and hopefully disappear as rapidly as they came!

Here's my weight goal progress so far:

SW: 183
CW: 181.4
GW: 173

Right now, I just want to get into the 180s!! My exercise goals have not been going well, but I worked 27 hours in last 2 days, so no time! After today, I'm off for a week, so I won't have any excuses!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #45

Hi Ladies, I'm still fighting off this UTI and I'm not sure why I'm not recovering as fast as I should.....so exercise has NOT been a priority. Met friends for dinner last night and tried to make good choices until the waitress said my entree came with fries or baked potato..I had sweet potato fries..then my friend kept insisting that I try her ice cream....big mistake....so I woke up today feeling sick and bloated. When am I going to change? When is this going to happen?

I'm buckling down this weekend and reading my FAST DIET book and getting as much exercise in as I can, no excuses I have nothing that I have to do or somewhere that i need to be.....

I'm not even going go attempt to weigh myself this morning....

Going to aqua class this morning, then have to make some returns to the mall...

have a good one everybody!!!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.