Old 04-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #196  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Love you, ladies. That's all I have to say!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #197  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Afternoon All,

Sum: Weights aren't horrid...think positive thoughts. Ohhhm. Weights will make me sexier. Ohmmm. Weights will make me stronger. Ohhhmmmm. Weights are on my best friends. And exhale.

As for BF: I use measurements, not a scale. http://www.linear-software.com/online.html
Just scroll down and select the 'tape' tab.

Plainsgirl Aww, shucks!

To all: Seems like most of us fall prey to self-sabotage (dang inner meanie) - whether in thoughts, actions or words.
Yesterday I found myself feeling guilty that this journey has been a relatively simple and painless process for me. I see other people's struggles and challenges and wonder why am I not struggling, too? It's almost as if I deep in my subconscious I think don't deserve it. Rationally I know that I do (and I know that I have worked dang hard to get here), but those doubts/lack of self-confidence sneak in and get ya when you aren't looking! You wouldn't believe how many internal dialogues I have with my inner meanie. But she's finally learning to listen more and talk less!

I wonder if you marked it on paper every time you had a negative thought - how many would that equal in a day? Not to mention the ones we voice . . . .
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #198  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Struggling again. Trying to figure out why. I'm not happy at this weight, why can't I do what needs to get done? I wore a new dress the other day and felt so lumpy under it that I needed to put on spanx. So depressing.

DH has been in Vegas since yesterday so I can't get to the gym.

I have to remember it's dedication, not motivation.

Will come back online and catch up later..sorry to be such a downer.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #199  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Another week behind me, another 2 pounds lost. Total loss 6.2 pounds (yeah I am 0.2 pounds away from May day goal )

I had a miserable walk yesterday, weather wise. It was yucky and ugly, COLD rain, wind, damp air...I hated every moment of it. But I did it I walked 4.1 mph, which is faster than some people run, but I was so cold and I wanted to be done.

Today is double workout day. Weights this am, walk in the pm.

I getting some pampering done today. My nails need some serious attention.

I haven't made my food plan for the day yet. Aiming for 1300-1400 calories.

I ALMOST broke down last night and had some wine. But once I plugged those calories into MFP, I quickly changed my mind. I did not want those extra calories Plus I made a promise to myself; no wine is April.

Off to fix my baby boy some bfast.

GW 159
CW 159.2 (ALMOST!!)

Last edited by Sum38; 04-12-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 205/162/130

Height: 5'4"

Whoo Hoo!! 146.6 this morning! 3.2 lbs different from yesterday mornings' bloat fest lol. Sooo....now I am basically right back to where I started this challenge...sigh... But I not quit! This is my week to drop weight before the dreaded TOM bloating starts. I am focused and ready to do this. I will get through the next 2 weeks BELOW 145. I am determined....

I ran 30 min straight, no stopping at a 5.5 for 2.74 miles and ate totally on plan (no frozen pepperoni pizza and no wine-go figure...),drank my water, ate my veggies and drank my green tea at work instead of cup after cup of coffee....

...now off to get ds out of bed...tried 15 min ago...hear no stirring. This may be a rough morning... :/
Plainsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #201  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Congrats Plainsgirl!! And now downwards march begins!

I forgot to mention my NSV: I am back to my size 10's I finally have clothes to wear. I was tired of wearing either the same 2 outfits I had in size 12 or sweats.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #202  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Time to do a check-in. My goals are:

1. Lose 5 pounds: 152 goal
Doubtful. I'm at 158 now.

2. Have my fitness level retested from a year ago
just scheduled this at the gym for the week after next.

3. Yoga 1x per week
today is week 2. I'll be there!

4. Weights 2x per week
yes

5. Cardio 4-5x per week
yes

So I'm meeting my fitness goals, but not my weight goal. I've rejiggered things in my workout and am sweating more, ie higher calorie burn. I guess I have to pay more attention to my food. My choices are generally good, so I guess I need to rethink portions.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

I'll think I'll follow Heidi's lead and update my goals again. Mine are pretty simple because it's just weight (i'm hoping health and fitness improve too, but honestly, right now the fat is my only concern ).

SW: 183
CW: 178
GW: 173

That's 5 pounds in 18 days! Depending on whole TOM thing, I may be able to do it. If I can't, at least I can hopefully get very close! May Day is only 18 days from DD's graduation party, and if I'm going to have approx. 150 people at my house, I want to look as good as possible!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #204  
Onward & Downward

Yay it is great to see the victories posted today! NSV, fitness, and scale alike. Keep it up everyone! I figure we are all winners as long as we keep trying and refuse to give up.

Still going well today. I did over 42 minutes on the elliptical--amazing! It said over 1.5 miles but when I used a pedometer it came out much more so I figure I did at least 1.5 miles possibly more. That is at least a little each day this week. Food is OP too save for Tuesday when we went to Red Robin. Got right back OP on Wednesday so I figure it is all good.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #205  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Well...in keeping with the updates...

I made my challenge bodyfat % goal today...scale was down to 148.6 and waist and hips down (28.0,38.0)... so that makes me 118.2 lean and 20.4% bf. Feels great - now on to the heavy weights - gotta build me some REAL muscle!!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #206  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I upped my weights at the gym yesterday: and I do feel it today. For a woman who hates weightlifting a lot, I sure do make it count when I actually do the deed I was grunting and making all sorts of noises when I was lifting. I lift heavy.

Scale is teasing me. 159.2 again It won't give me my goal weight number for this challenge. I am kinda impressed that it stayed at the same number. I feel that I am carrying some water in my muscles plus I am middle of my ovulation.

Fatcats Congrats on making your goal!

LuvCats Nice burn on the elliptical! I usually count every 15-20 minutes as a mile on the elliptical (according to my firbit). So you prolly did 2+ miles.

Jennifer You can totally rock this challenge. Cut the carbs and sugar towards your TOM and you won't retain as much water.

Heidi 4/5 isn't bad!!

Plan for today
Calories for the day 1300
Exercise; 5 mile walk (I hope, time allowing)

SW 165.6
CW 159.2

Off to the Finnish center I go. My whole family is volunteering there with me today I hope I can be home by 5 to do my daily walk.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi kids! I actually have some time today so I'm going to try and get some personals in....lets get up close and personal....

SUM..You are on FIRE lady!! You make me want to lift weights RIGHT NOW!! Lifting is definitely underrated, it truly speeds up that metabolism, even when we sleep..how cool is that???

2FAT: congrats on meeting your goal!!!!!

Luvcats: OMGOSH over 40 minutes on the elliptical....awesome!!

Plainsgirl: we are neck and neck on weight..great job!!! I wish I could learn to like green tea, I have tons of it in the house, even the cups for my keurig..but I just can't get into it..its so good for you.

Natamars: spanx aren't an option for me...I know all to well how you feel. YOu need to keep trying girl...maybe try something new.....

Guac: So good to see you girl!!! holidays and a staycation will do it....you will definitely lose now that that's over and you're getting back on track...

I know I forgot some, will try and include everyone next time.......so glad to see everyone here being so positive..and we all keep coming back here to post so that alone means we are trying..woot woot woot.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Quick post this morning before I start my weekend to do list! I was up .2 lbs this morning because we went out with friends last night. Ok, really DH and I started our regular 3.5 mile walk and it was so cold that we got to a bar downtown (about .5 mile) and decided to go in. Well, friends were there and ... . The bad thing is tonight we are chaperoning the prom at my school and all the chaperones are going out afterwards. I'm going to try to just drink either light beer or vodka. Weekends kill me, but I really don't want to give up our social life! At least I can be super careful on my eating today and get lots of exercise! Have a great weekend all! I will do personals tomorrow.
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #209  

Well I'm happy to report a little swish today because I did my Isa gen ix cleansing yesterday. I'm really tired of being and feeling frumpy..now that the warmer weather is here I realize that none of my spring/summer clothes from last year will fit....I really don't want to spend my summer in what I call a Mrs Roper dress.....I'm a little over 6 lbs down so far this month....I have to tell you gals that this isn't easy.....the shakes don't taste horrible but I want real food again and can't wait to get on the maintenance part of this so that I can have a real breakfast in the morning.....I don't recommend this program to anyone but I know that it is what I needed for me at this time in my life...i need structure and something that doesn't require me to think all that much...because my court trial is sapping me of all my energy and thinking cells.........

the sun is shining and I'm in a bit of a good mood because the handsome man I have been dating and I are taking a ride out east...hubba hubba...I'm nervous as ****. don't know what to wear....his ex girlfriend who I know from around town looks like a barbie doll..no exaggeration..tall blonde and it probably says Made In Japan on her bum. Still, he seems to be attracted to me so I'm not going to be all down on myself, but as we all know there is just so long you can camouflage and hide underneath clothes......wink wink.....

I am having my shakes today and will try and order a healthy meal for dinner, seafood or a salad with chicken. One glass of wine and I'm good.....I hope everyone has a great weekend.....
Old 04-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #210  

Jennifer, I like to go out atleast once a week now that i'm dating or out with my girlfriends and trust me, it hasn't been easy. No more cosmos , Im ordering light beer ....or a diet coke with vodka....I don't really like how it tastes but I know thats that lowest carb/calorie drink. But its better than drinking water and youre still out having fun....right?