MARCH Chat

You're on Page 13 of 13
Go to
  • Monday. The good news is the kids are back to school and I have the day off! Bad news is I have a to-do list that will probably eat through my whole day Oh well, just six more weeks of work and then preschool is done for the summer!

Talked to my doc. She thinks I might have Hashimoto's disease - which could explain the constant weight gain these last few years. Although I'm taking thyroid meds, it might not be a strong enough dose. She's also asking me to go gluten-free. She's got labs ordered and I should know more in the next week or so. There's also a chance it could be cancer(!), so she wants to hop on this ASAP. It's a struggle to swallow anything lately, even water, so I want some fast answers, too!

Anyone planning any good April Fool's jokes? I think I am going to take off the pedals on DH's elliptical
  • Happy Monday everyone! I've gained weight over the weekend, am hoping it's only fluid retention though as I haven't been watching my sodium intake the last few days. Spent Saturday at my uncle's house with family, so food was whatever was available. I spent Easter Sunday with my aunt, and we went out to Red Lobster for lunch then a movie. Good news was on both days I only ate a late lunch...so didn't have a lot of meals to eat a lot of calories on. When we went to the movies, I had an ice cream sandwich, but that was it. Felt good to not have gone overboard despite wanting to stop on my way home last night and get fast food (which I resisted!) Still, the sodium content was enough to put on the weight. Luckily it's not so hard to get off. Unfortunately I'm so tired I'm craving carbs/sweets...and my daughter gave me an Easter basket FULL of candy! UGH!

Ukemama...hope that the doc can figure it out for you so that you can get the treatment necessary to lose weight.

Plainsgirl...WTG on not gaining that 5 lbs over the weekend!

LuvCats...WTG on sticking to the workout! I haven't worked out in weeks as I've either been too busy or too tired.

MTA...we had a crazy weekend. All the weather forecasts kept saying rain, but the rain has only come at night with the days being rather nice. We need the rain, but we need the beautiful weather too!
  • Quote:
    Hiya Zeke
    Quote:
    Zeke- WELCOME!! Im fairly new around here as well and these ladies have already helped me. I think about all of the kind words of support every time I want to shove un-needed food in my mouth or sit on my bum instead of getting a workout in.
    Hello and thank you!