Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #61  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Wow, we are getting busy at this challenge. Sorry if I fail miserably with personals. I am reading everybody's post and rooting each one of you on, even if I don't address each one of you personally. -- Just gets to be a tab bit overwhelming at times. So and to all!

NEMom Are you ciggy free?

Zumba You are back! I was missing you and wondering how your weekend went. I am glad to hear it was a great one

Heidi That shot really sucks...makes me rethink if I want it again...yep I am a coward I am glad you are feeling better.

Jennifer It is just waterweight, I hope scale was below 190 this am.

natamars I am looking at your stats; with jealous eyes We are the same height. You just left overweight status behind!

Last edited by Sum38; 02-20-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #62  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I have not logged my food, but I have tried being mindful. We have a suite with a full kitchen, so I cook most of the meals myself.
I think I am PMS:ing and it is making me eat a bit more, and mostly junk. Scale surprisingly is holding steady...I usually gain upto 5 pounds before me period.

My plan is to swim 45 minutes this morning. The rest of the day is open

SW 158.2
CW 154.6
GW 153.2
Old 02-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #63  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Sw 163.1
Cw 160.9
Gw 158.x
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #64  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Quick check-in. I've been too chicken to weigh myself. Eating was not on target yesterday. Here's hoping for a better day today.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, ladies! Quick check in to announce I am finally in the 180s!! I am excited to have finally reached my V Day goal (better late than never)!

SW: 191.8
CW: 188.4
GW: <185

Last edited by Jennifer1966; 02-21-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #66  
Heidi

elaine19 Welcome!!

zumba Awesome weekend!! Wow, I'm envious!! Good luck with the new club.

natamars I'm the same with the scale. Weigh in definitely occurs before water!!

neMom looks like you are doing great!!

Ok, be back later. Typing on my phone, yuck.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #67  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Wednesday: 1495 calories, 30 min stairclimbing, 4 mi on treadmill, 3 of them jogging at 5.5mph

I am SO happy this morning..139.0 on the scale! Finally reached my V-Day goal challenge, and just thrilled to be under 140.

I've decided to try to run at least 3X/week..once for distance at a slower pace, once with some sprinting, and once working on my 5K time. When I run outside, my pace is anywhere from 10-11 minutes, but I've been doing a 12 min mile on the treadmill. So I bumped it up to 11 min last night and was able to do 3 continuous miles. Im planning to keep bumping it up weekly until I get to a pace to run a sub 30 min 5K, which is one of my goals for 2013.

Jennifer, yay on the 188's!

guac, hope today goes better for you.

newleaf, looking good to hit goal for the challenge.

sum, yes, I'm no longer overweight..too bad it is 2 weeks after my mimi physical at work where I would have gotten an extra $100 in my health spending for having a healthy BMI. I should be able to weigh in next time they come in to prove that I've lost and still get the cash.

NEMom, do you have a specific calorie goal or do you vary it a bit? Have you figured out the relationship between your calories and losses? I'm trying to figure it out myself, and since we're roughly the same size and age I'm looking for help! I'm averaging 1350/day but they vary a lot..anywhere from 1060 to 1795 based on teh spreadsheet I'm keeping(yes, I'm a geek).
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #68  
Heidi

Sum38 Sounds like you are doing great on this trip. I always prefer when we rent a house so I have more control over the food, too. At least I know that breakfast each morning is exactly what I want, and maybe a few dinners. Also, I don't log a single morsel of food (on vacation or otherwise) and I've lost 45 pounds that way. It truly is possible not to be a slave to the calorie count and just work on being mindful.

Guac here's hoping for a great day!

Jennifer congratulations on making your Valentines Day goal!! Yes, definitely, better late than never. More on this below...

Natamars great plan with the running; you will nail this! And congrats on making your Valentines Day goal!!

2fatCats thought of you at the store today. Saw bright blue peeps! Lucky for me, seeing those colors makes my stomach turn... Although I know my boys would love it if I brought Peeps home at some point. Maybe I'll get them as a "going away gift" for them when I leave for Patagonia. Yeah, I'll do that; it's a plan!

As for me, I'm very close to making my Valentines Day goal, too. And what I think is so great about this is, for all of us, that these goals are meaningful to us. They are in the forefront of our minds. We are mindfully working towards them and happily scratching them off our lists! Time-based deadlines don't really work for me, I just want to keep plodding forward and get there. I'm one pound away from Valentines Day; it's in my sight!

And, yet another Tuesday has clicked by which means that I tried on my hiking pants again. They are at the point where, if I tried them on in the store and needed them for the next day, I WOULD BUY THEM!!! Sure, they could still be looser, but THEY TOTALLY FIT!!! Reminder of the back-story, I bought them on 1/15, they were too small, but I thought that if I lost 10 pounds they would fit for the trip in 9 weeks. Well, instead of taking 9 weeks and 10 pounds to fit, they took 5 weeks and 7 pounds. Woo hoo!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #69  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

3 weeks... 6 lbs that is my goal for this challenge. I will weigh 266 (god I still can't believe I am back here... I was 260.2 before Oct). Oh well. Need the accoutablility factor. You guys are all such inspirations.

Last edited by sept2012; 02-21-2013 at 09:35 AM.
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #70  
Heidi

Sept2012 Put the past behind you. The important thing is that you are here now. Keep checking in. Keep posting. You can do this.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello my friends. I have missed you all!!! I have been so busy with things going on at work that I haven't had time to obsess about my weight. I'm so down for this challenge, i really can't stand how I look or how I feel....I keep talking about it and getting nothing accomplished.......

My goals for this challenge:

More water down every day!!!!!

Low carb..and this time stick to it!!!!

Cross fit two times a week
Zumba
As soon as snow melts start walking on the beach or around the mall (which could be dangerous because I will wind up shopping...)

I don't like what this divorce is doing to me ....mentally and physically. Every day is a struggle to keep my ahead above water and just survive without having a breakdown....I know that the stress is most probably increasing my levels of cortisol and who knows what else..probably adding to the weight gain. March is going to be the month I go for all my checkups and get them all over with...dentist, doctor, obgyn......if I don't have a designated month for all that junk then it won't happen. Plus I should probably get that all done while I still have insurance because after this divorce who knows what i"ll be doing for medical benefits.

Enough of my problems..i need to catch up with all you lovelies...and need to change my ticker to somethiing more St Patricksy.....

Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #72  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Sum - Yes I am still ciggy free. Still suing my ecig but that's okay. Its really only been 2 1/2 months (after smoking for 28 years) so I am going to stick with this method til I feel ready to give it up.

Sending you HUGS Zumba. Divorce sucks I know but it sucks less than being in an unhappy, unhealthy relationship.

Natmars-WOOT WOOT, sending you high fives for your loss!! Keep up the good work girl: RE: Calories - According to MFP I need to keep my calories around 1250 per day. They do vary but I try never to go above 1400. I do NOT enter my exercise into MFP so on the days they are slightly higher I try not to freak out too much.

Newleaf - I am so excited your hiking pants fit! YES! YES! YES! They will probably be too big when your ready to wear them to actually hike. What a nice problem to have.

Hang in there Sept. we are all here for you.

Nothing much to report. Food was good calorie wise. Some of my choices could have been better but I stayed within my limit. Completed another day of the C25K program this morning. During the last 5min running stint, breathing was good but my legs were burning. I bump up to 8 min next time and trying really hard not to physic myself out. I can do it.
I will weigh myself tomorrow. I have stayed off the scale all week on purpose. Hoping for a loss.

Have a great day all!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #73  

Hello my friends. I have missed you all!!! I have been so busy with things going on at work that I haven't had time to obsess about my weight. I'm so down for this challenge, i really can't stand how I look or how I feel....I keep talking about it and getting nothing accomplished.......

My goals for this challenge:

More water down every day!!!!!

Low carb..and this time stick to it!!!!

Cross fit two times a week
Zumba
As soon as snow melts start walking on the beach or around the mall (which could be dangerous because I will wind up shopping...)

I don't like what this divorce is doing to me ....mentally and physically. Every day is a struggle to keep my ahead above water and just survive without having a breakdown....I know that the stress is most probably increasing my levels of cortisol and who knows what else..probably adding to the weight gain. March is going to be the month I go for all my checkups and get them all over with...dentist, doctor, obgyn......if I don't have a designated month for all that junk then it won't happen. Plus I should probably get that all done while I still have insurance because after this divorce who knows what i"ll be doing for medical benefits.

Enough of my problems..i need to catch up with all you lovelies...and need to change my ticker to somethiing more St Patricksy.....

Old 02-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #74  

NEMOM...good for you for keeping away from the smokes....you gave yourself and the people that love you the greatest gift!

NEWLEAF: good for you for getting into those hiking pants..that's the best feeling..I can't wait to get to goal and start shopping in my own closet again!! I miss my clothes!!!!!

NATAMARS!!!! You reached MY GOAL girl...wish I was there with ya' but I'm over seven lbs away from getting out of the 140s..you're leaving me in the dust..but i'm happy for you!!!

SUM: where are you on vacation, it sounds just divine...that is one thing i'll miss about being married, my winter family vacations.....sun and sand...such a welcome break in the winter, huh? Sorry you don't feel well, see that doctor as soon as you get back....

Lots of hugs to everyone else....I'm going to work out now by mopping the kichen floor!

xoxo: luck2you:
Old 02-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #75  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Not losing nor gaining

S158.2
C154.4
G153.2