Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #31  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Jennifer, Natamars, Guacamole, Sum38, LuvCats, 2FatCats, mboo, CurleyCarr, kelijpa Awesome goals. Let's nail this!

LuvCats lucky you that alcohol tastes gross! That definitely saves calories...

2FatCats how do you measure your lean body weight? Is that through a scale? I wish I had that number easily at hand, but I don't. I was measured last April and plan to measure again this April, though. That will be interesting, for sure!

Sum38 nice to be living the vacation lifestyle!! So an outdoor pool in the winter in Whistler? How does that work? Is it like a big sauna?? And, how are you feeling? Any better? And yeah, a little weird to miss your scale... but I totally understand! Although, given the magical powers of the scale in the hotel room, um... maybe you shouldn't be missing your scale after all! It should be feeling some pangs of jealosy and start treating you better!

mboo Welcome!

Jennifer I hope you are having a nice time in Pittsburgh this weekend. A little snowy and chilly, but at least it makes everything look pretty! Great job getting rid of the conference weight! Hopefully you resisted a Primanti Bros sandwich this weekend

kelijpa Yosemite is so pretty... I haven't been there since 1987 with an old boyfriend... but I remember it was gorgeous! I'm envious of your trip. Maybe we'll have to do that as a family one day.

CurleyCarr Sounds like you had a great weekend! Now go work out!! I hear you on how quickly the weight seems to come piling back on. Frightening. You & me both!

Natamars down 0.2 is still worth celebrating...

Zumba Happy birthday; I hope your weekend away has been great!

Thanks for all the congrats on the 43 pounds! That's more than I got from the dr, who didn't even mention it. Too funny. I have a great relationship wiht him though, so whatever. Probably he didn't mention it because he never did when it was high either. Not his thing.

Here, attitude adjustment has recurred, now that I'm feeling better. Wearing my smallest pants that fit as a reminder of what this is all about. And I wore a t-shirt yesterday that was too tight when I bought it in August. Looks great now. Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs & a latte. Lunch: Homemade lentil soup and a spinach apple protein shake. Dinner: dunno yet. LOL

ETA: I've got a dinner plan. It's a summer meal in the dead of winter. Some wonderful marinated chicken kebabs (olive oil, white wine, thyme, garlic); spinach, basil, and strawberry salad, and tri-colored quinoa. Followed by a gummy-decorated cake that my DS made with just a tinch -- yes, there's that word again! -- of help from Mom. I wonder if it's a regional colloquialism.

Last edited by newleaf123; 02-17-2013 at 02:19 PM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #32  
Another Day!*Another Try

S/C/G: 243/243/150

Height: 5ft 1"

I just starting on my weight loss journey, so my goal is to get at lease 30 mins 0f exercise a day and start a food log
Sweettay72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick check in from my phone, so excuse any typos! DH and I had a great weekend away. We ate and drank way too much, but I'm jumping right back on the wagon! We had a wonderful 4 course Valemtine's dinner last night, which, while definitely not on my weight loss plan, was totally worth it.

Newleaf: I avoided Pimanti's, but that's about all! We stayed at the William Penn and made ourselves too comfortable in their new Speakeasy!

CurleyCarr: congrats on the jeans! Inches are better than pounds!

I'll try to get back on later and read more posts. My phone is awful for message boards!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 222

Height: 5'3

Smile

Just signed up to 3fc today. Desperately needing motivation. Going to push myself to work out at least 3x a week.
Trisha003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Mboo, Sweettay, and Trisha!! This is a great group for motivation!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #36  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Newleaf. For LBW I just use the Navy method. http://www.linear-software.com/online.html. I have calipers but my skill with them is questionable so I use the tape measure method. Even if it's off by a few percent - it's consistently off by the same amount. That's good enough for me...going down in bf is what matters! I also put in "pretend measurements" with various weights to see how much difference it makes. Higher weights with same measurements = lean muscle gains/drop in bf.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #37  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FatCats View Post
Newleaf. For LBW I just use the Navy method. http://www.linear-software.com/online.html. I have calipers but my skill with them is questionable so I use the tape measure method. Even if it's off by a few percent - it's consistently off by the same amount. That's good enough for me...going down in bf is what matters! I also put in "pretend measurements" with various weights to see how much difference it makes. Higher weights with same measurements = lean muscle gains/drop in bf.
Wow, I love this! I had never come across this before...

Depending on what my true height is, it calculates me as between 29.9 - 30.2% body fat. It will be really interesting to see how I measure out come April. The same person will be doing the testing as last time, which at least eliminates 1 variable. And my strength and fitness levels will be measured, too. Looking forward to it. Which is really interesting, since I dreaded it when I did it a year ago...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #38  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Sunday: 1330 calories, 5 mi on treadmill(4.25 of them jogging)

Scale is down a bit more. 130's are getting close. I agree that losing weight is mostly diet, but the running really seems to give me a boost.

trisha, welcome! These boards are great. Keep visiting and posting daily.

jennifer, glad you had a great w/e. Hop right back on the wagon..you'll be fine!

Sweettay, great goals! What kind of exercise are you doing? The food log is so important for me..as soon as I get away from it I start to gain...

newleaf, how awesome to look back and realze all you've accomplished in the last year. Amazing!

sum, how bizarre, but great!

mboo, hi! Hope you had a great w/e!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #39  
Onward & Downward

Welcome to those new to 3FC! I've been here nearly a month myself. This is a great place, especially the 40's area.

Keep it up ladies! I'm dreading going to Vegas... maybe about 10% of me, lol. Will try to listen to my body but I definitely will be eating way different (can you say dessert??) than I am now.

Time to get on the road back home in an hour or so. Have a great day everyone!
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #40  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Scale held the loss; 154 this am. I hope I am not going to get disappointed when I get home

Kids and hubby are heading out to ski and snowboard, I will be hitting the gym. I will do elliptical for 20-30 min, some weights and swim for 45 minutes.

My eating has been quite light, I am easing myself into eating proper meals after a week of mandatory fasting. Today was the first day I had a big breakfast.

We went out for sushi and it was yumm-o!! Just hubby and I. Kids ordered pizza and cruised around the resort a bit and checked out "the local talent" We are having a great vacation!

Sending to all!!

SW 158.2
CW 154
GW153.2

Last edited by Sum38; 02-18-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #41  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Zumba I want to hear about your weekend girlie!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #42  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Sum~I have a LifeFitness activestep pedometer, I got it at CVS years ago, you can download data to your computer, but if you don't keep unloading it, it can get stuck where you can't get download (which is where mine is now), we have program at work where I can log my steps, so I do that until I decide whether to send it back, live with it, or just buy another one. I think Omron makes basically the same thing, it also keeps track of "aerobic steps" if you walk for more than 10 minutes in a row, it keeps track of those separately.

best of luck to all, got back on track yesterday after wings...they were good, but definitely only need to have them once in awhile

NewLeaf~I had lentil soup for lunch today, too! I made it a couple days ago and today thinned it out a little and stuck it in the ninja and pureed it a bit, awesome!

natamars~great job with the jogging, I'm a walker, every once in awhile I attempt a jogging program, but haven't been able to get back to it, I lost alot of weight when I was much younger jogging 3 miles a day.

Last edited by kelijpa; 02-18-2013 at 12:21 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #43  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

I am a few days behind but would like to join in on the challenge.

My goals are to:
Keep my calories between 1200-1400 calories during the week.
Track my food, even on the weekends
Exercise 5 days a week. Alternating between the elliptical and continuing on with the C25K program.
Limiting the liquid donuts

CW 166
GW 160
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #44  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Nice to see you here NEMom!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #45  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone! Quick drive-by - busy weekend and the kids are at home for President's Day. My eating since Thursday night has been atrocious, although it's been fun sharing meals with friends and family. I am scared to weigh myself - haven't stepped on the scale since last week. Everyone goes back to school tomorrow, so hopefully, I can do decently for the rest of the day and get back on track for real tomorrow.

Good luck!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote