Old 02-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #121  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

By the way, sorry for the lack of avatar; I didn't want to take one of the prefab ones because I'm trying to make my own, but I've just been given a Mac and can't figure out how to resize photographs!

Sept2012 (and others who are struggling with motivation) I took a ten year break from dieting. I got so sick of all the weighing and yo-yo-ing. It was doing my head in. I made a concious decision *not* to go on a diet because it was just adding to my stress. Instead, I concentrated on not gaining, on going for at least a bit of a walk several times a week, and eating what was good for my body as much as possible. About a month ago, I just got up and started to live differently and lose weight. No idea why.

So, ten years of carrying around twice my body weight. Two comments to make about all this:
1) this is what happened to me, *not* a recommendation.
2) I really, really, REALLY hope I don't wind up with extra skin

Also, Peeps are nasty. Blech. Step away from the Peeps.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #122  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Lisa - so cool to join that Dance craze! I hope you have so much fun

Roxanne - sent you a private message so we can get the buddy thing going

Magicsuan - OI scary having to go back to work after all of that time (not that raising kids isn't work) Good Luck in your search - don't be scared be empowered.... You did one job and now your gonna do another!
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone -

Well, this was a bad week. I ate horribly, haven't exercised...UH! Tomorrow is a new Monday, and I'm getting back on track.

We have had vandalism in our town and have been hit THREE times! Latest - last night they slashed all of the tires on my daughters new car. broke out her tail light earlier in the week, tore my shed door off, I fixed it, they came back and kicked it in....scary.

So at first I thought it was someone my daughter knew who was mad at her...but apparently there were 14 tire slashing incidents just this weekend!!! It's scary and EXPENSIVE. I've never had to deal with this before! Just venting...(sigh)....

I'm ready for a new week.
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #124  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Sunshine, snow, and cold. What a weird winter. Warm/Cold/Warm/Freezing cold . And all sorts of bacterial and viral diseases. Hang tough, ladies....only a few weeks 'til spring flowers! And lots of gardening exercise!

Shiela22--how awful and frightening!! I hope the local police are on top of this. I'll bet they already know who's doing all the mayhem. My BIL had a similar situation--an angry neighborhood teenage boy with previous introductions to the police was the culprit. Hope things settle down or someone gets caught.

Hey Sept2012--I know you know better than to bring "Evil" into your house--I'm just sorry you guys are tempted in the grocery. I don't have much of a sweet tooth so I can't relate. It's taken some time to teach Hubs that lesson; prolly no hope for your co-workers.

Wish I could post a cheerleader smilie or a whoosh song, but I got nothin'. Scale is refusing to budge. I need to exercise, I want to take a nap, and I have to get some more work done today. Wish these constant need/want/have to conflicts could burn calories. We'd all be skinny, huh? Well, this was a nice diversion, but I must get back to work. Ugh. Too many deadlines this week.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:27 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Long day at work. Got there at 7:45 & didn't leave til after 5. UGH! Tomorrow I don't go in til 2!!! Woo hoo, I can go for a walk tomorrow.
I did have a heathy day, it was just spent at that place they keep my paycheck hostage at!

SeeMyFeet: Okay! That settles it! There is a scale conspiracy going on!!! I think our compters are talking to them at night when we're asleep & telling them NOT TO BUDGE! Then they all have a good laugh at our expense! HEY! It can happen...in some alternate reality! I've put my scales into a type of extended time out. Yeah, I checked on it a few days ago...nothing. Back into time out it went! Stupid scales!!!

Shelia: I'd definitely see about putting up at least motion-sensor lights or something. I hate when people steal/destroy other peoples' belongings! Hope they catch the who did this! Are the cops looking around, asking questions? Someone is going to blab...they always do. I hope they get snagged BUT GOOD!

Magicsusan: Stress is stress. It's all a drag on our energy. I think that is why I've gone back to my walking/exercising. It's a way of trying to relieve some of it. It gets me out of the house, gets me out to where things are "simpler" (notice how nature doesn't worry/stress about things?) & exercise releases endorphins and all the rest. I can't believe that just 4 months of getting back on the wagon HELPS more than I imagined.

kelijpa: Good job on the exercise! Yes, one day it will fall off! For now enjoy feeling stronger! You go, girl!!

2Cats: My ah-ha moment was realizing I was about to turn 48 & I was sooo unhappy with my size & health! I saw that I was going to have to face another holiday season without family (mine is highly dysfunctional & fractured). I knew it would be just H, our lazy cat & I. I knew if I didn't DO SOMETHING, I'd become so depressed & do something like quit my job or run away from home. My journey gave me something different to focus on.

petra: I learned long ago (in a galaxy far, far away) that loosing weight had 3 key elements: exercise, healthy eating & support. Lacking in any of these areas can cause you to derail. I treat my coming here in one of 2 ways: reward for staying on track & to be a support/get support. Yes! Diabetes & hypertension are dangerous...do all you can to keep them at bay. It's a rough road when those things get out of control...I know I've been battling it with H for the last year or so. It's been especially rough the last 4 months. I'll be honest, it's put both of us through the ringer...lots of tears, sleepless nights & screaming into pillows. But we'll pull each other through it all.

lisarsmiles: I'd love to dance! I miss it sooo much! Looks like crazy fun! Might just have to figure something out to be a "part of it all".

Okay, if I missed anyone, I'm sorry. I'm tired. I had some photos to post, but photobucket is being a butthead. I'll try again tomorrow.

BE HEALTHY!!! GO FOR IT!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! KNOW THAT SOMEONE IN NO. CA IS ROOTING FOR YOU!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #126  
"I AM..."

I will be honest. I spent the entire weekend at home on a reset. I did not leave my house except to go to the grocery to buy what I needed to get through the weekend. Sometimes I feel like I have to do this to get myself on track. As I have stated... I am not a wallflower so the weekends have usually been spent out doing things that usually involve food and alcohol. So this weekend I finally got that resolve that I had to sacrifice, if even for a few months, those things I like to do to get myself on track. I want to be leaner, healthier and more energetic for the summer and the only way that will happen is if I buckle down now. So even if the outside have some fun crazy night life is calling me I am going forego it for now.
The good news is I ate what I was supposed to for two days without incident (thanks for that line 2FATCAT).

Hope you all have a good day.

AND PS... I usually weigh myself everyday but did not get on the scale this morning. I was afraid of what it would say at TOM and did not want to be discourage... I usually get it on it any way and then if it were up I would say "oh well" I am already up so whats the use. I did not want anything to get in the way of day 3..

Last edited by sept2012; 02-25-2013 at 08:45 AM. Reason: a PS
Old 02-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #127  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

It's Monday again. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Shelia - I should have stayed home this weekend but I didn't and I ate awful!

Magicsusan - I am so sorry to hear about your DH downsizing. Good luck on your job hunt!

Shelia-Ugh, I hate vandalism! I hope they catch those criminals.

SumMyFeet - Hang in there girlie! Hope your life gets less stressful soon. Thank you for your posts and making me smile!

I did not have a good weekend. After my despair on Friday I needed to take the weekend off to not think about dieting/weight loss. Of course, I ate out of control this this weekend and paid for it on the scale.
I think I am going to try calorie cycling. On the days I do the C25K program and run I will eat higher calories (goal is 1400 on those days) and 800-900 calories on my lighter exercise days. I have never eaten these few calories so I am a bit nervous but am going to try and keep them as low as possible.
I also need to get off my lazy arse in the evenings and get some exercise in. I usually exercise in the mornings but should add a couple of more sessions in the evenings, I am going to try for three evenings a week.

Have a good one all!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!

Busy weekend after a busy week. No rest for the weary! Yesterday was spent laundering, cookie decorating, and shoveling snow. I'm doing pretty good staying on-plan, though I forgot to weigh-in this morning until after I had on jeans, sweater and boots. I'll weight tomorrow. DD#1 comes home for spring break on Friday. I sure miss that girl! She already called and asked if we could do something special together, just us two. What a doll! DD#2 is in the school musical, which opens on Thursday. I'm a parent volunteer and will be assisting various ways for every show. It's always fun to be part of that scene! And she loves it so very much (a chip off the old block!!).

NEMom: 800-900 calories??? Wow! Good luck! That kind of kick-in-the-pants may be just what you're looking for. It will take some real discipline, thats for sure!

sept2012: Try not to think of it as a sacrifice (a negative connotation), but as a conscious choice to help yourself get where you want to be. A gift to yourself. Good for you for recognizing your need to "reset". Hope today is day 3 without incident!! I don't discuss my weight issues with anyone but my BFF. Even my family only gets a little bit of discussion here and there. I too love the support of like-minded people here. I was at a work lunch last week. One of my co-workers is TINY. We were all given a box lunch (sandwich, bag of chips, small cup of pasta salad, cookie). My co-worker ate the pasta salad and about 3 bits of her sandwich and wrapped everything else up for later. It was all I could do to not scarf the whole thing down in one big bite. It was an illustration of how different her eating habits are from mine and how she stays so tiny.

MrsTryingAgain: I agree with you about the three key elements. I've tried it too many times with one element or another missing and it just never works long term.

SeeMyFeet: It has been a weird winter, hasn't it! Knock on wood, I've managed to not get sick, despite everyone in the office sick at one time or another. Don't get discourage by the scale. I think a "time out" as MrsTryingAgain has employed is a grand idea! Just keep doing what you know works and the pounds will once again come off. Oh, and I completely agree about the Peeps...barf!

Sheila22: So sorry about the vandalism. It ends up costing so much money to fix/replace things. I sure hope they catch the culprit and make him/her pay for all damages. People think twice when the money comes out of their pocket!! So it's the start of a new week...you know what to do!!

Magicsusan: So sorry to hear about your DH! I hope he can find a new job quickly. As for you...don't sell yourself short. It takes special skills to be a good parent. After 15 years, I'll bet you're a whiz at multi-tasking, prioritizing, organizing, event planning, navigating, counseling, and leadership. Use these skills to your advantage! Oh...and self-control. I don't know how you're staying out of all that chocolate. My fantasies don't involve just men, but chocolate too. Oops...TMI. hehe just kidding.

kelijpa: Nice to see you! You're right...it is a great group! I'm not much of a tea drinker. Are the health benefits really that great? Your DH is right...just keep hanging in there. It will come off if you stick to plan! Walking 4 miles/day is GREAT! Could you walk that distance with the frequency say 3 years ago? Look at how far you've come!

roxannestags: Yard work already??? Sheesh, my yard is buried under about 18 inches of snow. I can't even think about that yet. I think I'm jealous...

petra65: Wow...surgery? I wish you luck in your decision making. I'm sure it's not an easy one to make. As with any site, the posts ebb and flow. Keep posting and we'll keep posting too.

2fatcats: OMG, I totally agree that we often dress for other women, whether for their approval or in competition. That's a very inspiring story. I think there are elements in there every one of us can relate to. Some day I want to see people from my past and have them know I'm now taking care of myself (I've been fat for so long there are few people to remember me in my thinner years). I didn't have an "ah-ha" moment, but a scale number that freaks me out. More than once I've hit the 205 mark and knew that was my limit. I don't have so much trouble taking the weight off as I do keeping it off. But one step at a time... You're doing a great job...keep it up!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #129  
Seeking Motivation

S/C/G: 280/277/145

Height: 5'5"

Roxannestags: I so appreciate the encouragement for my resolve to dance!

See My Feet: I'm glad you liked the dance post!

Some gals on another thread reminded me that we can just dance around the house while doing housework...because if the "exercise" isn't fun we won't keep active. Guess we should look at being active as "play time" and that might help us make the healthier choice to participate?! I am a fan of my Wii! I use the Wii Fit, Sports, Sport Resort, Just Dance, and I just got Zumba!

Petra: Maybe the site isn't as busy because it is so successful at supporting people to weigh-down?! Wouldn't that be awesome?

I totally understand the entire adult life weight battle. Every time I think about weight-loss surgery I look at what friends who have had surgery go through before during and after and I think, "Wouldn't it just be easier to change my lifestyle and live healthier?" So, that's what I'm trying to do. Sometimes I think I would be more successful if I did something drastic (like surgery) or if my health was in life or death peril due to my weight...but I don't think major surgery or threats are what will change my mind and habits. I think the support of beautiful ladies like you all will be what makes me find success this time!

Sept2012: Junk food being brought to work is definitely a trial. I have a confession to make though...I have been given the gift of "donut dislike!" That's right, I don't like the silly things. And broccoli is my fav! It's the ice cream (especially mint chocolate chip), bread, pasta, cheese, and everything else that pose a problem for me, but not the donuts!
Lisarsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks ladies. I've learned the same thing...exercise, healthy eating, journaling and support seems to be the magic formula. What becomes irritating to me is that it starts to consume my life. I have lost large amounts of weight several times only to gain it back over and over.

It has been pouring down rain here all day. very depressing. and we are under a tornado watch.

Lisa-I'm a big Wii Fan too. I have been doing 30 minutes of Wii Fit just about every day. Tonight my husband also played some golf with me. I used to be able to do a lot more but I see progress every day. I guess that's the point.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #131  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Wow, Sheila! Sorry to hear about all hat vandalism; always a downer to see someone with that much need to be violently destructive. Hope they catch them soon and find them something useful to do!

Sept2012, well done setting your priorities. A re-boot sounds like just what you needed!

NEMom, good luck with the calorie plan. I hope it shifts the balance in your favour; I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Mrstrying, that's what I tell myself on days when I wake up feeling wimpy; remember how good you'll feel when you've done it. Makes it easier to get on with it.

Seemyfeet, this is officially the *darkest* winter Switzerland has had since something like 1908. Normally you get some clear days with he sun shining off the snow- this winter has been greeeeeeeeeey and I'm ready for spring, dingblingit. Gets depressing after a while.

Moondance, sadly, while I am not wholly without talent, multi-tasking is not one of mine. Anyway, good that you're so busy; for me, feeling bored and restless is dangerous, and I'm never happier than when I have something interesting to work on. Cleaning does not qualify as interesting, btw.

Lisar and Petra, know what I want? I want a Wii obstacle course that goes on for miles with all kinds of bizarre obstacles, and jogging courses with different locations; imagine if you cou jog through Barcelona or past Stonehenge or along the Irish coast!

Okay gang. It's nice to be here, especially since it's weigh day and the Leonidas may necessitate damage control. *nervous*
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

SeeMyFeet: I totally understand you when it doeal with rotten people at work. Vibes for you. Miserable situation. I too have been struggling to get my exercise in. I dind't make my goal yesterday. I have been fighting a cold and instead of making my goal, I went back to bed and slept all day!

kelijp: Congrats on walking 4 miles! That blows me out of the water!

Magicsusan: Vibes for you going through the stress at home. I know that when I am stressed there is NO WAY that I can avoid sweets. I hope things pick up for you soon.

Sheila: You have the right attitude. Just remember that you can always get back on track. Sorry about the vandalism. Hope they catch the person!

Mrstryingagain: Even though it was a long day at least you were able to say it was a healthy one!

Sept2012: We all need those resets. Don't feel bad about it.

NEMom: Umm, maybe talk to your doctor before you try the 800 to 900 calorie diet. I tried that once. My sister is a doctor and she just about came unglued on me when she found out. It's not really healthy. They are called VLC and should be done under a doctor's supervision. Just my .02 worth from personal experience. It's up to you of course, just wanted to share my info.

Moondance: We used to have really heavy winters but about ten years ago the winters started getting milder. We had very little snow. I am going to have to mow pretty soon and my lilac bushes are starting to sprout!

Lisarsmiles: I do that, dance around the house. I turn on loud music and start dancing. Of course, I make sure no one is home at the time because I look like an idiot!

Petra: At least you are seeing progress. That's the important thing!

I weighed in today and am down by 2 pounds. Spent most of the day yesterday sleeping because I had a cold. I'm still kinda tired. Probably going to spend more time today in bed. I go back to work tonight. I've got a case of the munchies today. I just want to eat and eat. Have to be careful about that!

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #133  
Onward & Downward

Howdy ladies!!

Unfortunately I don't have time to address everyone today. Hugs to all. Keep it up, hang in there you can do it!!

I'm up slightly (less than a pound) after my parent's 50th this weekend with the cake and other goodies. Yesterday OP and today will be OP then tomorrow-Saturday I'm off to Vegas. I plan to walk, walk, walk; listen to my hunger; indulge; and most importantly get right back OP when I get home. I probably won't be posting here until I come home so have a great week everyone!
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #134  
"I AM..."

Hey Ya'll just checking in. Today has been a busy one. I am seeing that the sun is finally breaking through the clouds and it makes me sooooo happy.

On plan 4 days. Feels good to be back in the saddle.

Last night was funny. I went to the grocery, let the dog out, ate dinner and then sat on the couch. I had a serious battle with myself whether or not I was going to get a workout in. In the end I talked myself into the gym rather than out of it. It felt good when I was done and has me already thinking about tonights workout in a good way.

Hope you are all well and doing good on your programs. Meeting one goal a day is better than meeting none

Joy

Last edited by sept2012; 02-26-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #135  
Seeking Motivation

S/C/G: 280/277/145

Height: 5'5"

Magicsusan: For sure the Wii would be amazing if it had more variety of obstacles and scenery. Good thing it has a boat load of different activities to move through! But you know what I really want? I really want my Wii Fit to stop making that horrible music as the slide rule runs up the BMI ruler and then it says, "That's Obese." Like I don't already know and need to be reminded EVERY time. It's not very encouraging. There should be a nice cheerful tune with a pat on the back for stepping on, don't you agree?
Lisarsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote