Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #76  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Sept2012-Looks like you have a good plan in place. Remember to to allow yourself some treats. I found being too strict with myself leads to my downfall. I wish you all the best and remember we are here to support you!

MrsTrying - I really really hope they help your DH on Friday. You both have waited long enough for him to get the medical attention he needs. I am so impressed with your dedication to walking. If you can't walk outside you find a way to do it inside. I would probably just forget it. Good for you!!!

Linda - I am glad that you had a good weekend and visit with your grandkids. We are expecting a snow storm here tomorrow also. They can't make up their mind how much we are suppose to get but its all I heard about on the news this week.

Foodwise things were good yesterday. Kept it within calorie range. Still holding off until Friday to weight. I have not seen the scale go down in a couple of weeks and am scared to get on and not see a loss again.

Hope you all have a wonderful hump day!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #77  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Morning All,

Sept2012: Good Plan! Totally realistic and doable!

MrsTrying: Good luck on Friday with DH. Hope it is as stress-free as it can be!

LindaWW: Don't get me started about sodium...I have to stay under 1500mg a day and I tell ya - it was quite an adjustment - food just tastedbland and blah for a long long time. AND I gave up artificial sweeteners, too.
Did the salad have dressing? That's a culprit, too.

NEMom: Congrats on the SD house! Love love love peri and PMS...NOT. TMI: last time was 14 days of active TOM. Lovely...anemia here I come. Still waiting on a surgery date for the HTA.

SeeMyFeet: 20 pounds in 3 months is still awesome - and just like someone else said - think of the last month as maintence. Especially with your work atmosphere!

So: Now is the time of year when they start putting out my most favorite food(using the term loosely) of all. I was walking through the store and started to turn down an aisle and saw them - row after row of pink, blue, yellow and purple PEEPS! I LOVE them. Fresh, slightly dried out, even microwaved for a few seconds to get them gooey and even more fantastic. I even have a favorite color - the bunnies in purple. I really would like to eat them all. But I won't. Peeps purchased: Zero.

Hubby worked late last night so I was bored. I have a stack of bottoms that I try on periodically (doesn't everyone?) so I figured what the heck. The size 10 jeans all fit - but if I was a guy - the 8s would show you my religion... not pretty. But I did get them up and zipped with only a minor muffin top! So I moved on to the shorts pile. At the end of last summer I bought a bunch of shorts on sale - they didn't fit at ALL but I figured I would lose some weight and they would be perfect for summer 2013. Much to my surprise they are all too big already. And hopefully will be WAY too big by summer! Yippee! I'll probably still wear them, though...I really don't like fitted/restrictive clothes. If only I had stopped my fashion show right then and there...there was absolutely no reason to try on the bathing suit from 10 years ago. Guess there is NO WAY I am eating those peeps. when I see them - I just have to think of the bathing suit and how my thighs look a little like peeps themselves.

You know those signs companies have that read: X days without accident, injury, etc. I think I'm starting one. That way if I should be out and about and have a moment of Peep weakness I can remember that if I do, I'll have to change my days since to zero. I like to quantify things....
So:
Total Days:73
Days without incident: 73
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #78  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Okay, I need to go back and read the last few pages of chat to get caught up. But I have to say this:

2FatCats LOL re the Peeps!! I used to be the same way about the (very specifically) Necco brand of Conversation Hearts at Valentines Day. The Brachs brand, meh. But the Necco??? Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh. But they aren't on the market any more -- a very sad fact, that ultimately makes me very happy. Crisis averted, ad infinitum. Now to get those Peeps taken off the market, then you'll be the same way!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #79  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FatCats View Post

You know those signs companies have that read: X days without accident, injury, etc. I think I'm starting one. That way if I should be out and about and have a moment of Peep weakness I can remember that if I do, I'll have to change my days since to zero. I like to quantify things....
So:
Total Days:73
Days without incident: 73
I love this idea. I am going to add it to mine too just so you know I am saying I am starting over as of Feb 18th (even though I really started in July, but I can't go back and count my "incidents" hahahaha)

So...
Total Days: 2
Days without incident 0

I had m&m's two days even though it was a VERY small amount I still had them. I don't want to go back to zero either so I am with ya...
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #80  
Seeking Motivation

S/C/G: 280/277/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello 40-somethings!

I'm a newbie ... but I am definitely 40+. Isn't 40 the new 30 now anyway? I've just got to get serious about dropping the poundage so I feel 30 again! So many of the successes and reached goals I see here in this forum are very inspiring.

I do have one question though... HOW DO I GET A COOL TICKER???
Lisarsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #81  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Lisarsmiles: WELCOME and check out this thread re tickers. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

Sep2012: BTW: Happy to see another 5'9" here! My mom was a petite 5'3" so when I hit my growth spurt at 13 (grew 6 inches over a summer) I topped her by half a foot! She would never let me wear heels, either - she always told me my feet were too big and I was too tall already. Sigh. Doesn't stop me now, though!! I love being 6 feet tall in heels! But no matter how thin I've been in the past - I still felt bigger than other folks. The bonus, though - I can EAT more calories! WooHoo! Just no Peeps.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #82  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FatCats View Post
She would never let me wear heels, either - she always told me my feet were too big and I was too tall already. Sigh. Doesn't stop me now, though!! I love being 6 feet tall in heels! But no matter how thin I've been in the past - I still felt bigger than other folks. The bonus, though - I can EAT more calories! WooHoo! Just no Peeps.
hahaah I can totally relate. I remember my mom saying the exact same thing to me while getting ready for my sixth grade graduation. I was always taller than most anyway so it didn't stop me, but I will say it was always in the back of my mind... I am too tall and too big. I find myself feeling way more confident, in a crowd, when I am not the tallest and biggest. I just posted this somewhere else... I went on a date this weekend with someone who was "5'10" well I was clearly wrong to think I would feel comfortable. With me in heels I was actually looking down at him. I don't have many requirements anymore regarding men, but I am just not into guys who are shorter than me. I gave it a shot... stepped out of my comfort zone and now realize we have some of those requirements for a reason.
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #83  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sept2012 View Post
I gave it a shot... stepped out of my comfort zone and now realize we have some of those requirements for a reason.
I was never heavy during my "dating years" but even back then, my requirements were that a guy had to weigh more than me and not have hips slimmer than mine. LOL

Last edited by newleaf123; 02-20-2013 at 08:21 PM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Good evening all,
My name is Roxanne. I originally posted an intro in the Feb 2012 thread but newleaf was nice enough to point me in the correct direction.

I am 40 - going to be 41 in April. I live in Washington state. I have 4 kids 20, 16, 11 and 11. I have 3 cats and 2 beagles. I work the night shift as a psych nurse. (Until next month when I start weekend doubles)

I was loosing weight about 2 years ago when I first joined. Then I got hurt and it was a long recovery time. I gained back most of the weight I lost (but not all!) and now am back to loosing weight. I joined weight watchers this time and also just finished my assessment phase for the active link.

Speaking of cats, I have to tell you guys what happened to me today. I went to step on my scale this morning and a live mouse popped out. Scared the living daylights out of me! Remember, I have THREE cats. I told them all they were fired! I had to go get a plastic jug, catch the mouse and put it outside. The beagles were more interested in catching the mouse than the cats were! (The cats probably brought it inside in the first place! They have been known to do that in the past).

Now, I can't even think about stepping on my scale without getting the heebie jeebies! lol

Looking forward to meeting you guys,
Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #85  

Talking about the favorite treats time....this is my downfall season as well. I simply can't go in the store. Mine are the cadbury cream eggs. Oh man I LOVE those things!!! I have to tell my dh to NOT get them for me.

I woke up today and my youngest twin handed me a bag of caramel chocolate squares and my 16 year old handed me a chocolate covered donught that he bought with his own money. sigh

Roxanne
Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #86  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxannestags View Post
Talking about the favorite treats time....this is my downfall season as well. I simply can't go in the store. Mine are the cadbury cream eggs. Oh man I LOVE those things!!! I have to tell my dh to NOT get them for me.

I woke up today and my youngest twin handed me a bag of caramel chocolate squares and my 16 year old handed me a chocolate covered donught that he bought with his own money. sigh

Roxanne
How do they know?!
I just decided in mid January that it was time to get healthier. My kids bought me candy for my birthday at the beginning of February. It's not a disaster, though; I have a big bag of m&ms on my shelf, and every afternoon I have 3 of them with a cup of tea. I just let them melt in my mouth. That way, it takes the same amount of time to eat those as it used to take for a whole pack.

That said, I would devour a Cadbury's creme egg if one walked by...
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #87  
Onward & Downward

Mmmm love Cadbury creme eggs too. Lol I'll pass on peeps though.

Have been reading posts and pulling for all. Keep up the good work! We can do it!

Sticking OP here okay. This weekend will be a small detour but will give all my weekly points toward it.... then comes Las Vegas next week..... I hope to walk...and walk...and walk...to make up for all the extra eating of course. Ha ha and then come home and get RIGHT BACK TO IT. Do not pass go, etc. lol

Have a great week everyone!
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #88  

Magicsusan: Even though I have talked to my kids about my weight loss, they still have to overcome years of me saying a treat is a donut or candy. Heck, for that matter so do I!

All that being said, I will spend the 9 points and eat the donut that my son gave me and 1 of the squares. It's worth it. Not till about 2 am though. That's when I eat my breakfast since I am a night shift worker.

Well off to work for me. Have a great evening all

Roxanne
Old 02-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

I couldn't believe this when I saw it! This bush was just blooming like mad & bees were just busy working it. The bush was virtually humming!

Good day. Wenf for a walk in the park. H couldn't walk with me. He was having issues with his feet today, he may have even broken a toe. What is it with toes in my houshold?? I finally get mine back well enough to walk regularly & now he bums his out.
I did take some pics today. I know many of you are still in sucky, cold weather. I'll share them with you to remind you that SPRING is on it's way. Hang on! It's coming!!!

Okay everyone talking about Easter candy. What the heck?!! You guys have found one of my kryptonites! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Easter candy! From the Peeps, to the jelly eggs, the robin eggs, the chocolate-covered marshmallow eggs...this year though, I'm saying, "No thank you!" I was actually able to walk away from all the Valentines Day candy that was 75%+ off. The one that was the hardest was the cinnamon salt H2O taffy. Course I have yet to meet a sweet I didn't want to gooble right on down. Perhaps wrapper & all.

LindaWW: When you look around you'll be shocked at what has sodium & just how much of it! H & I have had to become strict label readers & totally change what/how we eat. I just love though that you can find all kinds of spices without sodium in it. Sodium is pretty easily replaced IF you know where to look for it. Fact is, we now think a great many things are TOO salty...things we USED to add salt to. Go figure.

NEMom: for your weight loss. I know it's scary to step back on the scales. I hope that it's kind to you!! May this be you tomorrow!! :

2FatCats: Good job on not buying any of those Peeps! I know how they love to lure us in with their colors & Easter goodness. Keep it up! That "fashion show" sounds like fun. I bought a pair of 18 pants at the thrift store the other day...they were $.25!!! How could I not? They fit, but I can't zip them...yet, but I will!!! Like I said in a previous post, I can't stand paying full price for clothes I might be in for a month or 2. Yup! Keep that swim suit in mind to keep your focus. It really helps when we have something to shoot for. Peeps = looking "fluffy" in you swim suit. You go, girl!!!

lisarsmiles: Hope we can encourage you to reach your goals! Good luck!

roxannestaggs: The more newbies the better! We can all help each other along the way! A mouse came out of your scales?!! Yup! Fire the cats! They should be catching them & definitely keeping them out of the house! Course I'd blame the mouse for me being sloooow in loosing weight...mice weight a lot, don't they? I say that mouse gives you a bye for using the scales for at least 1 maybe 2 weeks.

MagicSusan: Good job being strong in the face of candy. Candy is soooo my weakness. I come from a looooong line of people with sweet tooths. My grandpa on my mom's side had an amazing one...he had candy everywhere in his home. But he had such a high metabolism he was always skinny as a rail.

MagicSusan: Enjoy Vegas! I've never been, course I'm not really one for cities. I wish I could go to see some shows, like when Cirque was there, but other than that...nah. Hope you enjoy it & are able to walk, walk, walk...it'll help you not gain. GOOD LUCK!!!

sept2012: I couldn't help but giggle. I'm not tall, 5'6" but I've always been "big". I'm not petite in any way shape or form, even when I'm at my lowest weight. I'm built stocky, maybe that's why my requirements weren't physical when I was dating...I could find guys taller than me, but most of them were built pretty much the same as me. As for heels, ya ladies can keep them! Just looking at them make my feet hurt! I used to have to wear them EVERYDAY. I haven't wore any in 15-20 yrs. & I'm not really planning on it.

: NOW AS I PROMISED...MORE SPRING!!!!

MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 AM   #90  

MsTrying: Gorgeous spring pictures!!! I was thinking that a mouse coming from the scales earns me a buy as well! lol!

It's 2 am and I am almost 25% of the way into my days activity goal. Going to get up and do something active to help it along.

Roxanne - for some reason, I feel like dancing. Am listening to some beautiful native american flute music that a co-worker brought in tonight