Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #136  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

The wii board always says "thanks for taking the test." I agree with you about that little cartoon 'failure' noise. Not very inspiring. But I like the flowers when I reach my goal. Even if my BMI is too high to register on their chart.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Today was a rough day. H had like 5 "episodes" back to back. When they happen he has to press a button on his monitor. Each day he transmits his results from the previous day. It's hard to believe it hasn't even been a week yet...I'm so ready for this thing to be over!
Didn't get much a of walk in, I've been so worried about him. Right now he is resting quietly watching tv. I'm really hoping for a quiet night. Don't really want to take him to the hospital, but I will if I have to.

sept2012: I had something similar to that on Saturday. I really, really didn't want to get out of bed for a walk before work. It was cold...nor freezing/snow, but still cold. It was nice & warm in bed with the cat asleep at my feet & I knew I had to go to work. UGH! But I did it! I really enjoyed it. I was hoping to upload some great photos from my walk, but photobucket is being a pain. I can't seem to access my acct. But isn't it awesome when you get your exercise in? A real sense of accomplishment! GOOD JOB! GOLD STAR FOR YOU!!!

roxanne: Congrats on the loss! Good for you!!!

LuvCats: Hope you enjoy Vegas. Come home safely to us. We'll help you get back on track if needed when you return.

Moondance: Spring break aleady?? Didn't we JUST have Christmas. Sorry, just seems like the calendar is just about flying off my wall! Enjoy having your daughter home! Musical? KEWL! I miss not being involved in plays. Did them all through HS & college. Sooo much fun!

petra: Please send us some of that rain! We haven't really had rain of measure since the holidays. It's going to make for a very dry summer. Making camping the mts. a lot less fun. Oh, well....

H needs me. He's feeling all dizzy & out-of-sorts again. Please send positive vibes & prayers. I have a feeling it's going to be a loooong, sleepless night. Might even head to the hospital.

BE HEALTHY! ROCK ON ALL YOU 40-SOMETHINGS!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I agree about the terrible music the Wii plays when it tells you you are obese everyday but I try to focus on the numbers moving down. The other thing I find amusing is how it says derogatory things during the rhythm boxing like "that's it, fight the fat". And it always says "I know you can do better than that" at the end no matter how well you did. I still do itbecauseit burns a lot of calories and it kind of fun. My balance board was acting up last night. I replaced the batteries. I hope that's all it is.

I can definitely tell I'm menopausal now. I've been OP and exercising almost every day and the scale is barely moving. We go to church tonight so I will give the Wii a break tonight.

MrsTryingAgain-hope your DH is alright. That can be really scary. I live in Mobile, AL which is actually the rainiest city in the US. I think we get the most inches of rain, not the most days.

Today is my slightly lighter day at work unless there is some kind of emergency. I look forward to getting home a little earlier on Wedmesdays.

BTW, DH has finally gotten on board with the healthy eating plan. He has apparently been watching Dr. Oz while I'm at work and finding out that all this stuff I've been telling him for the past several years is actually true. He cracks me up. Sometimes he just has to hear it from someone else before he believes it.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #139  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Happy hump day all!!

OH Mrs.TryingAgain I am so worried for you and your DH! Please report how he is doing today. Did you have to take him to the hospital last night? Remember, 911 - they are there to help you. Please take care my dear.

Sept - 4 days on plan! Awesome girl!!! Keep going, one day at a time.

Magicsusan-I tried using the Wii Fit last year before we gave it away and I just could not get into it. I was afraid of falling off the board and hurting myself. I am glad you are enjoying yours.

Petra65 - I am glad your hubby is getting on board. Yes, I agree that men sometimes (ok most times) have to hear what you are telling them from someone else before they believe it. Ugh, can't live without them and can't kill them.

Yesterday I planned to be my low calorie day. My goal was 800, however, I ended up at 1010. I need to plan more protein on my low calorie days. Trying to eat only 800 calories a day is hard. Today is my up day, so should be easier.
I am continued on with C25K program this morning. Ran for 20 minutes straight without a walking break. It was tough but I did it and am so so happy!!! Did not get any weight lifting in after because I was so tired but that's okay.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #140  

Hi All-
I'm still here - after a weekend of too much wine and eating mostly whatever I wanted, I am back on track. We're finishing our family room, and put in a woodburning fireplace. On weekend nights when it's cold and snowy, it's so nice to sit in front of the fire with a nice glass of Cabernet. We ended up doing that both Friday and Saturday nights, which led to some not-so-good snacking choices, which in turn led me to being back up the 4 pounds I had previously lost I was so discouraged that those pounds were so hard to lose and so easily regained, that i just said "heck with it" and ate whatever that weekend. Fortunately for me, there's not that much unhealthy food in the house now, so I guess I wasn't able to do much damage. Monday I had a serious talk with myself, and got back on track, and I am down 2 of those 4 pounds. It just sucks that those pounds take so long to come off, and can pile back on in a heartbeat, it seems! Hopefully I am back in the groove now.

Lisa - we have a Wii, but I've never used it. When the kids play it I can hear it announcing their weight at the beginning, and I would die if it did that to me. It looks like fun, but I don't think I'm gonna try it just yet.

Sept - Yay for you! 4 days in is an awesome start! Staying on plan, especially at first, is such an empowering feeling, don't you think? Hang in there, and keep up the good work.

LuvCats - I am jealous of your Vegas vacation. DH and I always have talked about going, but never have. I would love to go someday.

Roxanne - Good for you, being down those 2 pounds! Feel better!

NEMom - Wow - great job on the running! 20 minutes without stopping is really something!

MrsTryingAgain - I am so worried about the stress on you and your husband. I hope he's ok after last night, and that the doctor has enough info soon to do the procedure.

Have a good day, all!
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

NEMom. So so happy to hear about your C25K achievement!!! I feel like getting to the continuous running phase is getting over the hump. Once you can run 20 minutes you can add minutes slowly, in three or five minute increments possibly, and YOU'LL BE AT 5K IN NO TIME. Just in time for spring runs i might add. You are succeeding at this, and there is no doubt you are gonna get there. Yay!!

MrsTryingAgain. my heart goes out to you. Hang in there.
junem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #142  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

@MrsTrying You just keep on giving those medical guys HECK! Whatever it takes!! You amaze me in that no matter how hectic and stressful your daily life is - you still find time to encourage and support others! I think I can speak for everyone here by saying that we greatly admire and appreciate you! And I'm sure H does as well!

@Petra65 Glad hubby is on board! Mine is, too, for the most part. He's losing weight really really slow and is trying to stay positive but I know he is frustrated. His weight keeps bouncing up and down - I pack all his snacks/meals and he is OP...except for water. He really doesn't like it. Some days he drinks enough, then others not so much. I tell him he needs to drink more...or heck, just pick an amount an stay with it. He says he gets tired of having to go to the restroom all the time. *sigh* He still thinks I'm making it up...until yesterday a guy that works for him (who has a degree in kinesiology) tells him the same thing. Suddenly it's a 'fact' not my theory. *sigh* *sigh* *sigh*

NEMom Those low low calorie days would scare me and others since I would be so unbelievably cranky that no one would be able to stay in the same room. Heck, I feel like I'm starving and get dizzy when I go below 1400!

To the wii fit folks: I totally forgot I have one! I suppose I should break it out and see if I can keep the dang penguin on the ice...my balance is...less than desirable. I never noticed until you guys mentioned it but the wii does tend to use negative reinforcement a bit too much, huh? How insidious.

My husband wants us to do some zombie run thing this summer. Has he met me?? Doesn't he remember the 'let's learn to snow ski debacle of 2010' ?? I don't run well or ski well (and I'm okay with that). I do fall down the bunny slope nicely. I practiced that move repeatedly for four. straight. hours.

To all: Go Team 40's!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Lisa: Oh I HATE that wii tone!

Mrstryingagain: Sending lots and lots of vibes!!

petra65:congrats on dh finally getting on board! I think I am perimenopausal. I have to make an appointment with my doctor soon and go talk to her. Just saying...hot flashes suck! lol

LindaWW: I totally understand where you are coming from! It is amazing how EASY it is to put the weight back on. Good for you getting back on track though!

2FatCats: I want to do the zombie run! However, after looking at their obstacle course....I am going to make sure I am in better shape before I do. I do NOT want to break something on that! What city are you in? I will be doing the Seattle one. If I don't make it this year, I will be doing it next year for sure.

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 236

Relatively new to the boards - have had fun reading the chat thread today.

I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with vertigo? I have been suffering with this for over a month now. We went to Disney World and I have been a hot mess since. Meds don't work at all.

I'm super frustrated because I just found a wonderful yoga studio and I haven't been able to go back because I'm so dizzy and have such awful balance now. If anyone has any suggestions (and I mean ANYTHING), could you please chime in? Thanks!
ukemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #145  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

MrsTryingAgain :hugs:

I haven't been on the Wii in awhile, I do love the obstacle course, that is by far my favorite, DH and I had a little competition going for awhile with that math one with the mushrooms, who could get a better score. I do want to smash the little condescending thing sometimes...lol...

2FC- I wonder about that Zombie run, isn't there some thing like if you fall behind you can just be a zombie and get in other people's way, that might be fun...

ukemama you've probably already checked this, but I'm wondering about inner ear infection, maybe, I have problems with fluid building up behind the eardrum, my dr. recommended some exercises, basically blowing with your nose blocked and mouth shut, gently, it makes your ears pop, I do it like 10 times when I think of it, if I stick with it I can feel it work, if I feel any pain at all I don't do it, figure there's some infection/inflammation going on. Best of luck!
Can't believe tomorrow's the end of Feb. already!
c'mon spring

Last edited by kelijpa; 02-27-2013 at 07:06 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #146  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Hi Ya'll

Everyone is posting so many good things. Its nice to jump on here really quick and hear the GOOD and POSITIVE things people are accomplishing for themselves. What we are all doing is HARD. It can get you down and it can be relentless, but it is so nice to see the positives that are out there about it too - you know that saying "when life throws you a lemon; make lemonade"... there are a bunch of lemonade makers here . You all are inspirations. Every one in their own way speaks something to my heart and to my head. I am so glad to be back so I can hear what is going on with everyone.

Been a LONG day made it to the gym. Did longer than I expected which I am happy about. Ready to take a little aleve, (you know my joints don't seem to like the workouts I am doing hahaah or maybe its this darn cold air that is coming back here AGAIN.. dunno something is amiss and I need some pain reliever) and then go to bed.

Joy
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:57 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

ukemama: check your blood pressure and are you getting enough fluids or too much. All three can cause vertigo. Inner ear infection can also cause that. First time I ever got an inner ear infection I couldn't stand.

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #148  

Ukemama: a lot of vertigo is caused by inner ear problems. Good idea to check with your family doc.

I envy all you runners. I used to run in high school and college but now I have knee problems. Doubt I'll ever be a runner again. I am hoping that getting some of this weight off my knees will be a big help. I'd love to be able to ride a bicycle again.

Roxanne: hot flashes do suck. I mostly have problems at night. On and off with the covers all night.

I need to get in the shower and get going. Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 236

Petra65: Thanks for the response. Family doc hasn't helped at all. Neither has the ENT, chiropractor, canalith repositioning. Everyone says that rest and not moving or driving will help. Like I can sit on my rear end for a week and not drive - I have two kids involved in all kinds of things and a job! LOL!

It's snowing. Good day to clean the basement. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by ukemama; 02-28-2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typo
ukemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #150  

My Wii Fit told me I did a good job tonight! I got my highest score on rhythm boxing. Didn't know it had any other responses.

Have my appointment with the surgeon in the morning and DH has a job interview and can't go. I'm disappointed but he has been trying for 6 mo to get a job so I'm glad he has an interview.