Old 01-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #76  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
What calendar you using Twinieten???? On my calendar, WTF comes after Sa Su M&T every single week. Maybe I should get a different calendar.

ok....now I'm going to work on my complexion and dry skin....olive oil soak for the hands and face....scary monster time....
Does WTF stand for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday? Or does it stand for "What the f****?" It seems both would be accurate and appropriate! I had a real ef-it day yesterday, the kind of day that makes you want to throw up your hands and say "forget it", or (ef it) but my daughter had been dying to go to the pool. We went swimming (indoor, heated, nice!) and my "exercise day off" turned in to exercise in the pool as I played with my daughter. Then it was Costco, dinner, and I forgot all about that glass of wine. I went to bed early, and I slept like a log!

Still, no weight loss! I was so good yesterday!! I'm up even up a pound. Talk about WTF??? Being "normal" sure was nice. Now I'm back to "overweight".

Mrs T!! WOOT! I'm going running today and if I decide not to, I'm going to think of you and go lace up my running shoes. I want to make sure I run at least twice per week to not lose what I've gained and work up to 10K. If you can get out of bed when it's cold, I can certainly go for a run in pleasant weather after work.

SeeMyFeet- Asthma is the worst! Mine seems to have kicked up too since it's cold, and especially when I do anything cardio. I hate it. I sometimes wonder how much of it is psychological, though, when it comes to exercise, at least.

And for everyone else, your posts are positive and supportive. Thank you! I'm sorry I'm not addressing everyone personally, but I have to run off to work now. I love reading how you kick boxed, or cleaned out your exercise room, or accomplished an hour of work before the kids get up, and all the things you're doing. Not just talking about doing, but actually doing. You all inspire me! I feel like I haven't been productive, even though I've gotten a lot done. There's just so much. Being a working mom is so hard.

I plan to go running today after work. Then shower, and clean up some before it's time to get to bed. I have 2 more days off of work after today, and I'd like to use those days to get my house clean. Really clean!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #77  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Okay, official day 1 on Slimfast plan. Weight 161 this am. Sheila I am choosing me Thanks girlfriend

Food plan
bfast
Slimfast
Lunch
Slimfast
Snack
fruit
Dinner
Chicken
rice
veggie
snack fruit

Exercise
Elliptical 30 min
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

HELLO EVERYBODY!!! i haven't been here in a while and I really miss my friends!!!! How is everyone doing? I have fallen from the flock so to speak. Had a court date that kind of threw me off kilter. I also have been helping my friend with cancer and we have been hanging out a lot, and also eating alot!! I have decided that I cannot go out to eat anymore unless I learn how to make good choices. I can't be tempted by the bread basket, or cave in when the waiter says "Would you like to see our dessert menu?".

On a happier note I did make it to the gym to lift weights a few times. it is going to take a lot more than that to see changes but I made the first few steps and I feel comfortable around the machines. Still not hitting the free weights, I don't feel comfortable enough to do that with people watching but eventually I will. I'm going to kick up my Zumba classes a bit more and plan on going to more zumba events and other instructor's classes to get added workout........

I never got the Atkins program off the ground, starting that TODAY......and sticking to it for atleast two weeks, then slowly adding in my oatmeal and berries. The thing I hate about Atkins is that there aren't many things you can have for snacks...one can eat only so much cheese.

SUM I see that you are doing slim fast. I wonder how I would do on that, if the shakes would sustain me.

I can't update my ticker because I don't know what i weigh. I am afraid to get on the scale. This is rare coming from me becaues I weigh myself every bloody day came rain, shine or earthquake. Clothes are still not fitting.....bought a pair of "Not Your Daughters Jeans" in a big size to get me through this "phase"..and I really pray it is just a PHASE.

No more funny dating stories on my end. I did meet an interesting fellow who told me after a couple of hours of talking to him that I had such a tiny waist and a great hourglass figure. I"m sure he probably had atleast 14 beers in him at the time but i'll take all the compliments I can take. I've been working hard at camouflaging my problem spots. On a sour note a day later my friend said to me that it was a shame my thighs are the way they are, because the area above that is great and so is the area below....uh...thanks........no lie ladies I must carry ten lbs of fat in my saddlebags alone......surgery is not an option now so I have to do this the old fashioned way.....and I've got all of you and this thread to help.....

So far today, breakfast links and two hard boiled eggs. Im full!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #79  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

So between you and I Zumba we would make one good looking woman I carry my weight on my tummy area, but I have long (even tho I am short) and lean legs. I usually hide my belly and show off my legs with dresses and skirts and high heels. I also have big boobs and I usually try to dress in a way that my girls are nicely represented (not slutty )...so my legs and boobs draw attention away from my huge belly.... gotta play all the good cards
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #80  

SUM Yes..CHOOSE YOU MY FRIEND!!! We have to take care of ourselves because noone else will!!!!

TWINIETEN Good for you for forgetting that glass of wine...sounds like you had a ton of fun in that pool and you probably burned a ton of calories too!

SHEILA Wow,, your day is so full and productive, i feel like a slug reading yoru post!! Now you have inspired to get off my fat butt and start cleaning my room today..maybe put a few things on ebay that I need to get rid of.

SUZISLIM Nighttime snacking has always been my downfall. After a few nights of not doing it , you sort of break the habit and it gets a bit easier....

MOVINGFORWARD Weight Lifting rocks!! I just wish I were better at it..and more committed...but i'm getting it in when I can.......I've been trying to focus on triceps and glutes,abductors and adductors.. the areas that I hate the most.....and that soreness is the best soreness in the world!

KELIJPA Never forget where you were! You should be so proud of yourself..and remembering is what is going to prevent you from getting to that place again......

SEEMYFEET how is the atkins going so far? Are you going to any atkins sites for any ideas and/or recipes

MRSTRYING those are the best compliments, aren't they? keep those in your head as incentive to keep going.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
So between you and I Zumba we would make one good looking woman I carry my weight on my tummy area, but I have long (even tho I am short) and lean legs. I usually hide my belly and show off my legs with dresses and skirts and high heels. I also have big boobs and I usually try to dress in a way that my girls are nicely represented (not slutty )...so my legs and boobs draw attention away from my huge belly.... gotta play all the good cards
I hear that! LOL...I also have huge boobs and thank goodness because they make the rest of me look a bit smaller, I can only imagine how pear shaped I would look if I were flat chested!!!! Someone told me that i could probably get a reduction because of my shoulder pain but i'm too afraid of looking pear shaped if the "girls" were a bit smaller so they're staying right where they are..saggy udders that they are and all...

I was blessed with a small waist and no matter how much weight I gain I always have that waist, someone told me once that my waist saved me..and she was right....but it doesn't mean that I look good...a huge butt and thighs is hard to camouflage, there are just so many long sweaters and tights you can wear. I miss my old jeans and tops....so its one like donkey kong.....I'm fighting to get my wardrobe back. I spent a ton of money and alot of time build up this wardrobe, i'm not about to give it all away ...I want to feel comfortable in my clothes the way I did last spring when I lost weight. I found myself pulling stuff out of the closet that i hadn't worn in a year or two and feeling really good and confident. There is a lot to be said for that kind of feeling. It makes me leave the house and feel like I can take on the world, it means that i"m in control..it means that I have atleast one area of my life in check.......

I was a woman in a 20 year unhappy marriage..i learned to eat to cope..and the fat on my body was protection ....noone would want me and thus not be able to hurt me....I need to do this now for me......it goes so much deeper than being able to wear that outfit from White House Black Market....I wish people really knew that instead of thinking i'm this silly little twit that thinks she's fat and is crying over a lousey twenty lbs...
Old 01-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #82  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Zumba~ I'm so proud and inspired reading your post. You're so right, it goes so much deeper than being able to wear something. Each day is a different challenge, but remembering how empowered you felt can be an inscentive to get back there. I so just want to be fit and strong for me and my future, so I can do whatever I feel like doing.

Thanks for the inspiring words!! I've got to get this next 20 off for sure.

One thing I remember eating alot of on Atkins (besides cheese, eggs and sunflower seeds) was green beans, don't forget you can eat some vegetables, can you eat cream cheese or laughing cow, maybe celery filled with that....
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
Zumba~ I'm so proud and inspired reading your post. You're so right, it goes so much deeper than being able to wear something. Each day is a different challenge, but remembering how empowered you felt can be an inscentive to get back there. I so just want to be fit and strong for me and my future, so I can do whatever I feel like doing.

Thanks for the inspiring words!! I've got to get this next 20 off for sure.

One thing I remember eating alot of on Atkins (besides cheese, eggs and sunflower seeds) was green beans, don't forget you can eat some vegetables, can you eat cream cheese or laughing cow, maybe celery filled with that....
Thanks for "getting it " Keli.....Love the gromit pic by the way...my kids were big into Wallace and Gromit when they were little....we had the movies and any figurines that they made......

Yes, i know that there are bigger people that lose patience when someone like me complains about their weight..but i look in the mirror and all i see is fat and ugly....its a horrible way to live..never looking at your body in the mirror...and loathing oneself. If only knew the real story of me...I like coming here because it is a non judgement zone. I used to get dirty looks in weight watchers and i remember people making comments when I won my key there for lifetime.....i wont go back there for that reason, not to mention its expensive and counting points to me is a real drag. More power to those that have success there but it wasn't me!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #84  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

ooooooooooo Zumbachica!!!! I was Cursed with the same legs!......Funny, but with my increased wt, my legs look "normal"....Hey...wait...that's not really funny.... I'm shooting for a low weight so that, hopefully, with increased age and muscle loss, maybe lots of toning and stretching can help reduce that "trouble spot"....It is imPOSSible to hide....

Today marks 13 days on Atkins....I've been pretty good....I have had liquid donuts a time or two (zero carb, but the Atkins congregation might excommunicate me for it!) and three cheats with pistachios (not many tho). I have been weighing daily and from the weekly averages, it looks like this strategy has spurred some wt loss, but not as much as I hoped, plus I'm worried I might be stalling. I decided to stick with it one more week and see how things go...no cheats this time! I do not like Atkins, and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to transition....I have to get the numbers low before I transition.....There is more activity on the Atkins forum this week...lots of new dieters for the new year...Hey, come&post over there too--this is HARD and I need motivation.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Hey, all,

Hope everyone's doing well. This is my last day of vacation and must return to work tomorrow morning! Then a week from tomorrow, my two classes start, and I'm so afraid I'm not going to be able to handle it all, the work plus working full time, plus trying to exercise and get my writing in -- and have some semblance of a social life. And I don't even have kids or a husband. But I'm going to take things one day at a time.

Made a decision about my eating. I'm going to eat the majority of my calories at one meal. This is something that has worked well for me in the past, and I have loved how it made me feel and how much energy I ended up having once I got past the initial first few days. But I could never keep it up because I'm self-conscious about people noticing whether I'm eating or not. Silly, right? I've decided I'm not going to care. Unlike most people, I will start with having my main meal in the morning, then at lunch with my coworkers, I will have a light, light salad, and then the rest of the day just tea/coffee/water, with veggies or fruit in the evening if I'm hungry. This will also keep me from drinking wine most evenings! Anyway, I'll be NOT doing this plan on Fridays/Sundays, as that's when I tend to have more social events in the evening. Hardly ever on Saturday and rarely during the week.

In other news, ladies, I feel TERRIFIED to weigh myself. I haven't weighed myself since right before Christmas, when it said 144. I know I"m up. I'm probably right back up to my starting weight. Maybe it's worse than that, I don't know. All I know is that for two 1/2 weeks straight I've been eating crazy and drinking WAY more wine than usual. I've ordered takeout far more often than usual (had Thai food last night), I've had sweets (although not a huge number of those, actually, come to think of it, I've mostly been craving stuff like Chinese takeout food or stuff like fries or onion rings). In addition, I hardly exercised at all this break. A few random surges here and there. So yeah, I feel this extra layer of fat in my tummy and I could SEE it when I went to the gym today and looked in the mirror. I looked HUGE. So yeah, am very scared to weigh. Am considering not weighing at all for about a month while my new lifestyle has a chance to work. That could be discouraging, too.

@seemyfeet - Atkins is not for everyone. I know I don't love it myself, although I always feel good when I do it. It's just that I'm not a huge meat fan. I wonder if something like primal or paleo might be better for you? It's similar to Atkins but more veggies and fruits allowed right from the beginning. And I'm sure if oatmeal was your only "grain" it wouldn't be a big deal. Or like kelijpa said, add more vegetables to the Atkins. Nobody ever got fat on vegetables.

@zumba - I get just how you feel. I store my fat in my upper legs. In addition, I'm short. So I have short, stumpy, fatty legs that are not remotely attractive. I would love it if I could hide them permanently, as even when I weighed 110 pounds, they were disproportionately HUGE on me. But like you, I have a tiny waist and tiny arms and my boobs are average sized, so I look good from about the waist upward, LOL.

That's it for personals for now because I am rambling forever and I need to stop, but I love reading ALL your posts. This is such a fun group!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm still here....I am feeling better. I am still only eating soup but I think I am going to slowly try to eat a bit more, I am going to try a salad minus my usual oil and vinegar dressing. The swelling around my left rib cage and went down. I am feeling pain in my back pretty good though. I am going to have to go back to the doc for that. Husband and daughter are complaining of their back and necks hurting still. The drunk driver won't contact his insurance and they can deny my claim if he won't contact them so I am stressing about that. gotta love drunk drivers. I was joking today saying i am on the drunk driver car wreck victim diet...lost 10 lbs so far...not a great way to lose it. I will really have to watch what I eat when I can eat normally again because it will all try to stay on me and then some. i also don't really want to count it because I am afraid my body will try to reclaim it.

I hope everyone had a great New Years! I need to catch up on the thread.

I really want to go to the gym and walk in the water but I will go another week to see how i am feeling and then ask the doctor. But today I mentally feel GREAT!!!! Physically I feel better and think I have reached the top of the mountain and going downhill to a nice recovery.

Zumba-I have that same butt and thighs..I lost my waist when I gained too much weight though but it used to be tiny..still smaller than most women my size..but I have a little chest...when I lose weight I will be a negative A
I think of myself now looking good though. It isn't until I see a picture of catch a reflection in a window that I think" DANG!!! I am FAT!!!" but back in the day when I was as small as I could get 135 size 7/8 I thought I was as huge as I physically am now. I don't like to see pictures of myself now though because it the reality but mentally I feel I'm fine until I see the image. i am getting tired faster, and I feel it in my bones...that sort of thing.
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #87  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Atkins folks: Way back when I did it I missed sweets most of all. I used to buy the extra creamy cool whip in a tub. If you freeze it you can pretend it's ice cream. Only 2 carbs for 2 TBS!
And I had to supplement with psyllium husks ...all that protein without fiber=well, you know....
What about protein shakes? Not the $$ ready-to-drink kind. The made- with-water-add-powder kind? They can be really low carb, too. I still have two a day now - gotta have plenty of protein to build muscles! The casein kind are slower to digest so it will leave you fuller longer. The whey type are quicker to digest so are good first thing in am - especially if you are like me and wake up hungry/crabby. The faster food gets into my system - the happier my husband is! Lots of flavors, too - not just choco and vanilla. Graham cracker, mocha cappuccino, peanut butter, etc.

Does anyone else here count macronutrients or just carbs and/or calories?

As for shape - I'm tall and built like a ruler. From every direction. My mom used to tell me that if I turned sideways and stuck my tongue out I'd look like a zipper.

Last edited by 2FatCats; 01-07-2013 at 11:01 PM.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FatCats View Post
Atkins follks: Way back when I did it I missed sweets most of all. I used to buy the extra creamy cool whip in a tub. If you freeze it you can pretend it's ice cream. Only 2 carbs for 2 TBS!
And I had to supplement with psyllium husks ...all that protein without fiber=well, you know....
What about protein shakes? Not the $$ ready-to-drink kind. The made- with-water-add-powder kind? They can be really low carb, too. I still have two a day now - gotta have plenty of protein to build muscles! The casein kind are slower to digest so it will leave you fuller longer. The whey type are quicker to digest so are good first thing in am - especially if you are like me and wake up hungry/crabby. The faster food gets into my system - the happier my husband is! Lots of flavors, too - not just choco and vanilla. Graham cracker, mocha cappuccino, peanut butter, etc.

Does anyone else here count macronutrients or just carbs and/or calories?

As for shape - I'm tall and built like a ruler. From every direction. My mom used to tell me that if I turned sideways and stuck my tongue out I'd look like a ruler.
Psyllium is important during Atkins for sure! Muffin made with flax helps! I would put a ton of cream cheese on it.....

I was just at the store looking for Atkins frozen dinners but no store seems to carry them yet around here!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr

I buy atkin shakes for those mornings that I'm in a rush out the door or for lunch...
Old 01-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
ooooooooooo Zumbachica!!!! I was Cursed with the same legs!......Funny, but with my increased wt, my legs look "normal"....Hey...wait...that's not really funny.... I'm shooting for a low weight so that, hopefully, with increased age and muscle loss, maybe lots of toning and stretching can help reduce that "trouble spot"....It is imPOSSible to hide....

Today marks 13 days on Atkins....I've been pretty good....I have had liquid donuts a time or two (zero carb, but the Atkins congregation might excommunicate me for it!) and three cheats with pistachios (not many tho). I have been weighing daily and from the weekly averages, it looks like this strategy has spurred some wt loss, but not as much as I hoped, plus I'm worried I might be stalling. I decided to stick with it one more week and see how things go...no cheats this time! I do not like Atkins, and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to transition....I have to get the numbers low before I transition.....There is more activity on the Atkins forum this week...lots of new dieters for the new year...Hey, come&post over there too--this is HARD and I need motivation.
I remember there was someone on that forum that was kind of bossy and kept talking about the original atkins program as opposed to the newer version....so I never got too involved on that thread.....
Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #90  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Well, I did it. After work I was really worn out. Sometimes (most of the time) I'm so tired I can lay down and fall fast asleep, and stay fast asleep for hours. Today was one of those days. But I was thinking about all of you and your motivation and accomplishments, and I made it a priority to run. I got out there and ran 3 miles, and now I'm home and I'm going to enjoy that glass of wine and the steak my husband cooked for dinner. Then I'll get some sleep.

2FatCats, the only thing I count is calories. The more complicated things get, and the more I have to think about things, the less likely I am to stick with it. Counting calories is complex enough for me!

Oh Onmiwei! Sorry about your accident and the pain. What a terrible rule, making the drunk driver contact insurance before they do anything! As if!

I think weight loss is good, no matter where it comes from, so congrats! I was sick with C. diff for 2 months and it helped push me over the threshold in to the "normal" category way ahead of schedule. Being sick was the worst, horrible, evil disease, and I know I lost muscle as well as fat, but I'll still take it!

Olhecat, I know how you feel. Don't avoid the scale too long, though. The sooner you face it, the sooner you can get on with things. Last year, back in January, I began "the great avoid" and I gained back 15 pounds of hard work. I love your meal idea. I've been told to follow a king, queen, pauper meal plan, but it's not my thing. Since my family and I sit together and eat dinner, dinner ends up being my biggest meal. If I could have it my way, I'd make lunch my biggest meal, and keep dinner light. Good for you making the decision not to care about whether or not people see you eating or not. People pay entirely too much attention to what other people eat when maybe they should be paying attention to themselves!

Zumba, once your weight is gone, then you can revisit the idea of a reduction. My friend had hers reduced and then she lost weight. She wished she did it the other way around. Then she'd have perky ones. I lost my boobs when I lost weight. They are a nice little C cup. I wish I could get a boob job not to make them bigger, but to make them defy gravity. Yours could do that under the disguise of a medical necessity! That's terrible about WW and your experience! I can't believe they weren't more supportive there!

I'm an apple. I have too much belly. I gain weight equally, all over, and lose it equally, but the belly is being pretty stubborn. If I relax my belly (I hold it in all the time, 24/7) I look 6 months pregnant. Gross. When I'm thin and have less belly (I have always had a little pooch), I don't think my figure is too bad. I have enough butt and enough boobs.... just wish I had less waist. Or more hourglass. Something.

I know what you mean about complaining about weight. I just keep my mouth shut, now. Out there in the world, at least. As far as anyone is concerned, I'm done dieting. At this point, it's best.

Sum, keep up the good work! If it works for you, I may decide to give the slim fast plan a try! I have Yoli stuff, so I may just do a week of that, or longer. We'll see.

Last edited by twinieten; 01-06-2013 at 07:44 PM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote