3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

40-Something January 2013 Chat!

Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #46

S/C/G: 285/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

It happened!!! My weight-loss effort has been noticed by someone!!! I haven't seen my mom in a few weeks & she asked how my weight loss was going. I told her & she said, "It's definitely notice-able."

Today was healthy. Ate really well. Dinner will be a green salad soon. Plenty of H2O. H & I went for an hour long walk along the river, it was cold but sunny.

2fatcats: Hope your appt. goes well. I hate having to have "proscedures" done. UGH!!

twinieten: Hope you enjoyed the museum! Love those places. Hope you got to run & go to yoga. Best of luck getting serious with your journey.

NEMom: Do I need to come over there & whip your family into shape?!! I'll do it if I have to!!! No one who is over the age of say 10...shouldn't be pitching in. Moms are moms NOT MAIDS/SERVANTS!!! If clothes didn't make it into the hamper...you went without. If there was something you needed help with (ordering books/figuring out school stuff), it was not done by Mom, it was done with Mom's assistance. You need a family meeting or an intervention!
Good luck! Hope things improve...if not, go on strike!!! It's a thought...

Valentine21463: Forget about the Pizza Hut. It's done. It's over with. Move forward. We all slip up from time to time, after all we live in the real world. You can do this!!

Shelia: You wore me out just reading your post. But don't keep a pace like this permanent...it can't be healthy. Hope it mellows out...SOON!!!

olehcat: Love the idea of a home gym! Wish we had room for one! Maybe if/when we move. Habits are hard to break, but so often we are better off for it. Unless of course it is a healthy habit like exercising/healthy eating! I personally never got into wine, but soda...HECK YEAH! It took like 3-4 weeks to break myself of just reaching for a diet Pepsi, my kryptonite. Good luck! You can do this!

OKAY, LADIES OF THE 40's BOARD....BE HEALTHY!! BE STRONG!! BE AMAZING AS I KNOW YOU CAN BE!! DOT IT!! DO IT!! DO IT!!

Last edited by MrsTryingAgain : 01-04-2013 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Typos
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #47
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all, just a quick check in, the holidays went well overall, had a loss this week, almost out of this decade! wow, there was a time I didn't think that was possible, the goal is in sight...wow Thanks for all your support, ideas, tips, etc. keep 'em coming! I can't keep up, but do enjoy reading and responding when I can, you are a great group.

best to all

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #48
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

I am not stepping on scale this morning. We celebrated my FIL's bday at a steakhouse and I was stuffed.

I did do elliptical for 30 minutes Maybe I am getting my mojo back. Today I must evacuate my house for a showing, and I am taking a 4 mile walk.

Our house "sold" but the buyers turned out to be total jerks. At inspection they wanted to get more down (we had already come down $20K)... listen to this...garage needs a firewall; one wall of drywall replaced...cost $100; they wanted $2000 off the price Other similar things and we had to say no... then they held our house "hostage" for nearly 10 days thay would not sign mutual release and we could not show the house...why are people so slimy???? I would never intentionally harm anyone just because I did not get my way He wanted this house, but he wanted it $30K under market value

Have a happy and healthy day everyone! Hugs!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 01-04-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #49
Fat to Fab and Fit

kelijpa on your loss. Me too can't keep up with personals but keep reading

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 01-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #50
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/166.7/135

Height: 5'5"

SIX pounds!! S-I-X! OMG I'm so upset right now!! I stood on the scale and 154.6 stared back up at me!! My goal, 149. WRONG WAY!! I know a lot of that is water, but SERIOUSLY?? Ack!! I think I'll take a water pill today.

Congrats on your loss kelijpa!! And Valentine, you too! And on your sale Sum! That buyer does sound slimy. Ugh! People can be awful.

MsTrying... Love that NSV!! Congrats!!

I'm heading to the gym now. I think maybe I should stop going there. It seems I gain a pound each time I go!

"Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard."

Total Goal Weight:

I weigh myself every day. It keeps me accountable.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #51
New Birthday: 11Nov2012

S/C/G: 251/198.0/130

Height: 5ft 8.5in

Drive-by hello....Saw a shooting star on the way to taking my DS to school...(He starts at 7am, so it's still dark.) Kinda sad that my first thought was that it was some kind of sign or portent relating to my weight loss....sigh...just stopping by to brush away the coffee breath before my dental appointment...Clean teeth--yay!

SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #52
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

FYI: there is a really inspirational thread on the "main page" showing people's transformations... I added my January 2012 and January 2013 photos, if you're interested... (link to thread below)

Before Photos/Motivation

Working on losing some bloat...

Last edited by newleaf123 : 01-04-2013 at 11:20 AM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #53
Overweight again...dang

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
FYI: there is a really inspirational thread on the "main page" showing people's transformations... I added my January 2012 and January 2013 photos, if you're interested...
Wow, look at you!! You look fabulous! You don't even look that big in the first picture, but then in the second one, I can really see the difference. WTG!!

Total Goal Weight:

Old 01-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #54

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

@twinieten Do you eat a lot of sodium? Unwittingly, maybe? I am convinced that sodium is the devil and the cause of all things evil in my world. If I even 'think' about salt my weight goes up. I was slightly nervous to soak in epsom SALT...
Not once in the past 24 days have I busted calories or failed to work out on plan. BUT my scale still goes up if I eat sodium. And it doesn't take much...I have to keep mine under 1500mg a day. Just keep at it - you'll get there!

@kelijpa Keep it up!

@Sum I sold RE for a few years but the other Realtors were, for the most part, liars and thieves and out for themselves (no bitterness here). And, sadly, the buyers, too. They had million dollar tastes but a 100K budget. I always told my sellers (when they got low offers or crazy demands) - remember that someone liked the house enough to want to live there - but they just aren't going to for free/at your expense! When people begin making totally unreasonable demands - there is usually something else going on - wife/hubby/partner changed mind, some find another house and they just want out of your deal without losing earnest $. Some just get scared at the thought of commitment and bolt. Some are just a$$es. Someone else will come along that belongs there - all houses eventually sell. Try not to let it stress you - take your frustrations out at the gym!

I love the weight loss confessions thread that guac started but no one has posted since September:Weight Loss Confessions

Here's a little one: I make 'bargains' with my bathroom scale.
Sometimes I accuse Sheba (my new scale) of misrepresenting the truth. We banter - I make promises (more cardio, more weights) to her if she'll show me what I want to see - she flashes in disbelief (scale equivalent of eye-rolling) - I threaten to replace her like I did the last one.
And if she insists on telling me her truth - I pick her up, take the batteries out, recalibrate her and step back on...sometimes in a different spot on the floor - just in case that spot o' tile wasn't level...and my old one I figured out if I leaned back a little to the right, it would go down a half pound.

I'm trying to focus on fat % loss this time. Now if only that little caliper, Samson, would stop telling fibs! I think they're in it together.

Living in Maintenance:
Current Lean Body Wt :115.8
Current Scale weight: 135

Last edited by 2FatCats : 01-04-2013 at 01:16 PM.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #55
Overweight again...dang

Yes, FatCats, I think sodium is the evil culprit. And popcorn (carbs). I have not gone above my calorie target, but the quality of my calories leaves much to be desired. Plus, I have exercised almost every day, and my muscles are sore! They're likely holding water too. Plus, I know I'm not drinking enough water, so my body holds more. It's so hard in the winter when it's cold. Much easier when it's hot outside. I'm going to empty my 80oz bottle today, and I took a water pill. I hope my scale is kind to me in the morning.

I'm laughing so hard over your confession. You should add it to the Confessions thread and revive it!

Total Goal Weight:

Old 01-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #56

To ALL:

I just started a new 40-somethings thread:
One Positive Thing About Me Today Is

Sometimes just reading other people's positives reminds me of mine.
Anyone in?

Living in Maintenance:
Old 01-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #57

S/C/G: 212/148/130

Height: 5'5

Hello, everyone! Quick post just to let you know that I am still committed to 2013 being OUR year to achieve our weight loss goals!! I am reading, but mostly on the go on my mobile phone, so no time to post at length. I struggle every day to stay on track and I think that my SAD (seasonal affective disorder) is in full swing with the bitter gray weather and not being able to get out and exercise in the fresh air and sunshine. I won't give up though - no way will I allow myself to get back to the unhappy and obese woman I used to be. I'm not going down without a fight!

-I AM MY OWN CHEERLEADER!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #58
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

LOL FatCat, thanks twinieten, nice to see you guac

I am really careful about sodium, too. I hate to eat out, primarily for that reason. All I ever get is a salad, dry, and even with that there's usually really salty cheese or nuts on it. Uggh. At home, I cook with almost no salt. Unless I'm baking, then I throw in half of what the recipe calls for, just in case it's somehow needed?? Dunno.

I had surgery last year and my friends all brought dinner for 2 weeks. Their food was all delicious -- because they all use salt LOL.

Working on losing some bloat...

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #59

newleaf: I find recipe after recipe that is called "healthy" that has 1000+ mg of sodium! That's great if I don't eat anything else that day....
Salt is so insidious, too. Even lettuce has salt. 1 cup shredded green leaf = 10mg. Good Grief! Is nothing sacred?? And sadly, no, I didn't just look that up. And sadly, yes, I am a fountain of sodium-o-pedia knowledge. *Sigh* My husband told me I take all the joy out of food/eating.
And I'm with ya on dry salads - it's like the juice from tomatoes is my 'dressing'! I feel like I won the lottery if I bite into a cucumber AND a tomato at the same time!

Living in Maintenance:
Old 01-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #60
Fat to Fab and Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FatCats View Post
I feel like I won the lottery if I bite into a cucumber AND a tomato at the same time!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.