3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

40-Something January 2013 Chat!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #376
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

JuneM Thanks for all the compliments!

Mrs. Trying Again Thanks for all the compliments! What your husband is going through is so scary. That pacemaker can't come soon enough! I am so impressed with how you are still keeping your eating and exercising on track. It would be so easy to rationalize derailing... I can't see your pics due to our Net Nanny :-(

Moondance I hope you are having a great time skiing! I've spent a bit of time in Colorado; love it there... Thanks for all your kind words. Re: the backstory, I was normal-sized growing up, not tiny, but not overweight either. Then have spent my adult years with many years quite slim, many years overweight (and most recently obese), and many years normal-sized. Part of the problem is that I never see that I look any different, so I don't realize just how much the weight that I have put on has changed my appearance. And my DH is a sweetheart and never comments on the way up.

2FatCats CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know the elation of getting those long-awaited negative results back... I am so happy for you!!!

NEMom you are doing so great with your exercising!! Sometimes when you shake things up, you can see weird results on the scale. Stick with it; your efforts are paying off... Thanks for your compliments!

Nothing new here today. I did have lunch with 2 women who have thin 3rd-grade daughters, and those daughters are already concerned about looking fat... Wow. Having sons, I just haven't experienced that.

Working on losing some bloat...

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #377
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

NewLeaf~great photo, you look great and so happy!

sorry to everyone I haven't been on like I should, will do better!
Happy to report I seem to have solidly made it into the 160's, haven't been there since 2008...so I have last years calendar under this years on my dresser, I was comparing where I was at at this time. Lots of days I didn't weigh, in the 190's moving up into the 200's, then I was in the 2's from March until the end of July, so I'm off to a much better start than last year.

We're doing it, thanks for your help and encouragement!!!

best to all

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #378
Lizzy Lou

S/C/G: 263.8 / 226 / 160

Height: 5'4

Congrats NewLeaf123 on your loss. I hope to be there someday! You look great. If you have any advise please throw it my way. I have been on this roller coaster for so long. Highest weight was 300 and lowest has been 195. I could never seem to get below that. I always seem to give up when i get to 195. But this time i am doing it...no matter how long it takes me. I am digging deep and finding my willpower!!! I turn 40 next month and am looking forward to a new chapter in my life! YEAH!!!
lizzylou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #379
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Lizzylou, you posted in an older thread, I think you were looking for Jan 2014, it was a neat look back for me, thanks for that! Best of luck to you and happy early birthday!

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #380
Lizzy Lou

S/C/G: 263.8 / 226 / 160

Height: 5'4

Oops...All I saw was January...didn't realize it was 2013 lol. Still getting used to this site. Thanks so much! Appreciate the early birthday wishes :-)
Have a great day!
lizzylou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.