3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Any new NSVs lately? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/270924-any-new-nsvs-lately.html)

newleaf123 06-13-2013 07:28 PM

dcapulet, that is awesome!! It's a great feeling, shrinking out of clothes!

Magicsusan 06-19-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparks17 (Post 4767479)
This morning my husband and I were shopping and he could not find me...because he did not recognize me from behind!!

:carrot: That's fantastic- and hilarious.
I missed these NSVs. I hope I have some soon to share.

sparks17 06-25-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcapulet (Post 4771715)
Yesterday, I had to ask my husband if something looked too big on me :)

Woohoo - I love when this happens!!!:carrot:

sparks17 06-25-2013 08:15 AM

I have a new one - not as funny as the last one. I convinced my husband to walk with me last night, and he commented that I walk a lot faster than I used to and it was easier to walk with me! He is a lot taller than me and I always have a hard time keeping up with him, but I did pretty well yesterday! :smug:

Magicsusan 06-25-2013 10:08 AM

NSV: Down one size!
NSD: (Non-Scale-Defeat) a pair of summer pants I bought 3 summers ago that was too small fits now- but hangs all funny because they just don't suit me! Oh, Poo! What a disappointment :( They looked so good on the model :shrug:

Magicsusan 06-30-2013 01:25 AM

Had to buy heavier dumbells

:lifter:

sparks17 07-01-2013 06:27 PM

Magicsusan - nice!! :carrot: The heaviest dumbbells I own are 5 lb...and I honestly can't imagine going any heavier !

kelijpa 07-01-2013 09:24 PM

Coming up the steps from the basement after incline 8 on the treadmill I felt like an athlete.

MagicSusan-sorry about the pants, I have some capris that were tight last year and too loose now, I wore them a couple times, but they just don't look right, I know what you mean. Congrats on the dumbbells

Sparks- way to go, soon he'll be trying to keep up with you :D

:sunny:

Magicsusan 07-03-2013 01:46 AM

Sparks, I bought a set so I can adjust the weights as needed. I think it was a worthwhile investment. Still way cheaper than a gym membership...

Kelijpa, let's just say I'm glad I live less than a block from the charity clothing collection bin. I visit it too often with stuff I bought in anticipation of being able to fit into it, only to discover that "fit into" and "fit" are miles apart. You'd think I would learn something, but it's hard to resist a sale. *sigh*

PS- thanks for the dancing carrot, Sparks. I love dancing carrots!

Magicsusan 07-03-2013 03:14 PM

Doctor's office waiting- oh no! :eek: armchairs!

But-
The butt fits in now! :woohoo:

TooWicky 07-04-2013 09:55 AM

We went to the zoo this past weekend and walked around for several hours with no huffing and puffing! I haven't lost a lot of weight but I felt a lot more energetic and capable while walking around the mildly hilly zoo paths. I wasn't holding everyone back with my slow physical speed like normal.

Magicsusan 07-06-2013 02:59 AM

Yay! That's a good feeling, I bet, Toowicky? I'm starting to enjoy things more as well, since I'm not so tired :carrot:

TooWicky 07-09-2013 05:53 PM

Spontaneously hugged my elementary school aged son for a random reason and he exclaimed, "Mommy! I can touch my fingers!!" I guess he had never been able to fit his arms all the way around me before >< Best hug evar! Going to keep trying to set a healthy eating example for him.

kelijpa 07-09-2013 10:00 PM

Awesome TooWicky!

nice feeling on the chairs isn't it MagicSusan, congrats!

this morning coming in, didn't cringe and turn away at my reflection in the glass doors at work, actually thought my hips looked a bit smaller, so will keep doing exercises!

:sunny:

Magicsusan 07-10-2013 11:49 AM

Thanks, Kelijpa!
It's a good feeling to see the exercises paying off, init?

That's so cute, Toowicky :)