Any new NSVs lately?

You're on Page 8 of 11
Go to
  • Way to go Newleaf! It's great finding new ways to enjoy what we love to contribute to our success!
  • I have two (finally!). Went down another notch on the belt and last night husband is giving me a hug and he says "Hey...you're getting smaller!"
  • moondance those are both awesome!!!
  • It is freezing cold here -- what's with that?? But it meant I had to pull out my down jacket, which I have taken over from my son who outgrew it. When I wore it in March, I had to hitch it up at the hips to zip it. No more!

And I've been wearing capris since the warmer weather hit. Moving back into pants, they are looser than they had been.

Woo hoo!
  • Yay, Heidi!

Today my friend posted some pics on Facebook of a bunch of us hanging out at a winery watching my DH's band this weekend, and I didn't automatically cringe when I saw them! I really didn't think I looked that bad, which is quite a breakthrough for me.
  • That's a good one, Jennifer -- starting to feel comfortable with photos is immense!
  • DH sent me to the garden center to get 2 bags of dirt. When I was bringing them out to my car in the cart, a male customer asked me if I would like him to load them into my car for me. I thanked him and told him that I had it covered. A year ago, I would have gratefully said yes.
  • I walked through Disney World two days this weekend. For part of that time, I had my 55 lb daughter on my shoulders. In the past, the walking - with carrying just MY weight - would have resulted in achy feet the next day. But alas, my feet felt great! No ibuprofen needed! When I think about it, what I was doing to my feet before was like giving a piggy-back ride to a full grown adult person!
  • JoeFla that is an *awesome* NSV!! I love the image of giving a piggy-back ride to a full-grown person 24x7. Your weightloss is inspirational!

New NSV today: I am officially encroaching on being the thinnest I have been in 15 years since I became pregnant with my older son. I only have 1 pair of pants left that don't fit me yet, and then I'm there.
  • Wow, Heidi, that is fantastic! You'll be there in no time at the rate you've been going!!
  • This morning my husband and I were shopping and he could not find me...because he did not recognize me from behind!!
  • That's a great NSV, sparks!!
  • sparks, AWESOME!!!
  • I was just at the supermarket and sometimes get 2 pieces of chocolate-covered ginger out of the bulk bin as a treat. Today I stood there, thought about it, and went and got an organic apple as a treat instead.

And the thing is -- it's not because 2 little pieces of chocolate-covered ginger are going to cause any damage in and of themselves. I chose the apple because I knew that if I had the 2 pieces, it was going to be the start of having a little bit of sweet here and there for the rest of the day. Today I'm choosing that I want the scale to be down more than I want the 2 little pieces. Victory!
  • Yesterday, I had to ask my husband if something looked too big on me