Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

GOOD EVENING ALL! How are the ladies of the 40s board? Hope all are well!

Well, my one day off that I was just going to sleep in, go for a walk in the park & not much else changed really quick when Mom called at 8:30AM. She's an early bird. so that was like noon for her! She wanted me to do some Christmas shopping for her! Not for kids/grandkids or great-grands...they are all grown & gone. But for Toys for Tots toy drive! It was actually kinda of fun. We bought a couple of Disney princess dolls, some Hot Wheels, some stuffed animals, a few Lego kits & a couple of Nerf Basketball games. It's nice to know that eventhough H & I don't celebrate Christmas some kids can! We still have a little $$ left so I'll go out one more time & get a few more things. I guess I have a pinch of the Christmas spirit. Thanks Mom! Course it goes to reason Mom & Dad always made Christmas AWESOME for us when we were kids.
Ate healthy. Drank plenty of H2O. Didn't make it to the park but we did walk the mall...H was feeling a little "out of sorts" & I didn't want to possibly get somewhere that if we needed help that it would be hard to get. Fact is, the local fire academy was sponsoring a gift-wrapping table for charity. So we had help if needed & yeah, even Santa was there!
My weigh-in? Stuck at 257.5. I really think it's menopause. I'm having hot flashs, mood swings (wish this counted as exercise!!!) & feeling a little bloated. I'm going to see about making a dr. appt. for me...I haven't had a physical in far too long.

Zumba: Glad you enjoyed your visit to the city! Hey, the dinner at the steakhouse is just specail ocassion thing. Forgive yourself, get back on track in the AM. Yeah, I know 5AM comes early. Rest up!

Moving: Good job! Enjoy the smaller sizes! I can't wait til I can do that!!! Good job on getting Christams shopping done...good for you! Thanks for the good thoughts. Hoping to hear something this week. H has blood work scheduled for Mon & Fri this week. It's to check how the newest meds are working. My fingers are crossed.

liz: Love your card! Wish we could have more critters, espcially a dog, but we just don't have the room, time nor $$. Aggie is enough of a handful. Good job on keeping on track today. Sorry about your loss, but the show sounds awesome! I lost an aunt to breast cancer this spring...she fought the good fight for 2.5 years. We thought she had it beat. And as for cancer...DO NOT get me started! That stuff ticks me off! (Being very, very "soft" about that) I lost an aunt, 3 uncles, my MIL & several firends. I'm sooo done with cancer...I just pray that H stay healthy that way...it runs in his family (lost his parents & sister).

kelijpa: Glad your feeling somewhat better. I know this time of the year is really rough. I know I get the "blues", but I know in my heart it's temporary. Hope you got a hike in! I know exercise always seems to help my mood. Maybe it's endorphins, maybe it's fresh air, maybe it's just getting out & getting away for a little while. All I know is, I like it!

Work tomorrow, late shift...again. Oh, well. Means I can take H for his blood test, get my walk done in the AM, have lunch then go to work. Just wish I would've had a day to sleep in...oh, well. Next Sunday, maybe?
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Hi, all! I may be gone a bit on and off this week -- am trying to get something done for a deadline so my internet time may be a bit more scarce!

MrsTryingAgain - holy crapola, a stabbing down the street sounds awful! And you're right -- I know the road to comparing myself to others is only one of unhappiness. I have to let that go completely and not think too much of it.

kelijpa - it's warmer here than usual, too, and rainy. I'm not complaining, though. I HATE snow and ice (I used to live in warm climates and I never have been able to deal with midwestern winters), and so every day it doesn't snow this winter is a happy day for me, lol.

lizard -- beautiful card with you all and your animals! In that pic, the cat you're holding looks like my lynx point! I still need to get a good picture of my two kitty babies together! They are tolerating each other and playing together now.

MovingForward -- that's so awesome that you're so close to goal! I hear you on the low and then losing the low. I think I'm probably two pounds up from my low the other day. I had a pretty heavy eating day this evening. Yeah, it wasn't so bad until I went to my parents' for dinner and then I had a LOT of food I normally wouldn't have. *sigh* Well, I'm not going to weigh tomorrow and give myself a really clean-eating day to recover.

zumba- 139 by Christmas - I think that's my goal, too! We can DO it!

Last edited by olehcat; 12-09-2012 at 10:25 PM.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #93  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning

We were promised some freezing rain, but thank goodness it did not happen. I always worry about my DH flying during winter months.

By some miracle, after eating out on Friday, party on Saturday and breakfast out on Sunday, I ended up with a loss for the week. Not a big one, but a loss I am happy about it Perhaps this will give me a boost to do really well this week!!

House has gotten a lot of attention and two people are interested in it. I am not too excited until I see a decent offer. It would be amazing if we were to be able to sell this house before Christmas.

I will be volunteering all day; I hope that does not mean another lunch out I will pack mine, but it is pretty hard to resist when everyone else goes out.

Sending to all!!

Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #94  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, all! Good job on the overall loss, Sum! Yeesh...I have never once been able to say that I ate poorly over the last week and yet still lost weight. Any time I think I overdid it, the scale readily agrees with me.

Well, I did overdo it over the weekend, and I was too chicken to weigh myself. Still am! However, I have a doc appointment later this week, and then I will be forced to face the music! I am not looking forward to it. Plus, at the doctor's office, they weigh you with shoes and clothes. At home, I weigh myself au natural, after the bathroom, before any food - I even take hair clips out! So, I always weigh more at the doc's office anyway. I am prepared to feel pissed!

I have to say that I am feeling annoyed this morning. I was volunteering at my kid's school, and was surrounded by skinny chicks! The annoying part was that they were all talking about working out and how "FAT" they all were. All of them were reassuring each other that, "No! You are totally skinny!" While others claimed that, "No, I'm not kidding! I've gained so much weight! I'm so fat!" Ugh....it went on and on. Meanwhile, I felt like a moose. I kept my mouth shut and hoped the conversation would change quickly. I also wondered how I would feel if I were in the middle of this conversation two years ago at my high weight. I would have been mortified. Luckily, no one there was noticeably overweight or large except for a very pregnant chick, which doesn't count (although, maybe she still felt bad?). Would any of them have been sensitive enough to refrain from the "skinny" talk had there been heavier people there? I really don't know. This is why I don't discuss losing weight or weight in general (except here at my safe zone on 3FC). You never know what other people's sensitivities are, even if they aren't currently obese.

Anyhow, good luck today people! I appreciate all of you so much!

Last edited by guacamole; 12-10-2012 at 12:17 PM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #95  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Happy Monday All!
Eating this weekend was so so. I was not totally OP not did not binge on junk either. Scale remains about the same this morning. Again, I will take it as a win because I generally start Monday's with a gain.
11:00am marked 7 days of no regular cigs. I am still using the e-cig and actually really enjoying it. So much better than trying to quit with the gum, patches and medication that I have used in the past. Trying to take this no smoking, like my weight loss, one day at a time because I have tried and failed so many times in the past that I don't want to jump and shout "I quit, I quit' just yet.

Have a great day all!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #96  
Becoming A Better Me

HAPPY MONDAY!
im sooo sorry i havent been keeping up things are just crazy right now and i cant find time to just catch up just yet but i am thinking of you all and wishing you all the best each day!
12/10/12 weigh-in: 197 down 3lbs I MADE MY 1ST MINI GOAL ONEDERLAND BEFORE 2013!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all! Caught up on everyone's posts....will address you all later...I am in a bit of a rush..today was a busy day..taught classes and then food shopping....a manic Monday......
Scale was ridiculously high this morning! That steakhouse did me in.....so depressing. I really doubt that I'll get to my Christmas goal at this rate.....just having a shake for dinner tonight....cooking pork for kids but after yesterday I don't even want to look at meat!

Trying to be optimistic, proactive and happy....Gosh it is so hard lately..............first my Dad dies and then I'm handed all this divorce nonsense.....is losing 15 lbs going to fix all that? No....but atleast I'll look skinny while I am miserable!

Talk with you nice ladies later.........
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #98  

oooooh pool exercises were awesome...boy did i have a work out...i was soooo sore this morning i could hardly move but it got better with time as it usually does..went for a walk around the block 3 times this morning..i lost my keys on the way...darn it...went back to find them and could not!!..i clip them
onto roxys collar but they fell off somewhere..good thing i have spares...went out shopping and had to stop several times because of the numbness...grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!..steaming some vege and trying out a turkey
burger for lunch..they are really low in fat and carbs..so all is good...been having a shake every now and then and i have found that a lot them are high in carbs and sugar..what is with that??..found one that is good with carbs fat and sugar and it tastes okays to me...also going to try out almond milk instead of skim milk...that will be interesting...anyhows i will not go for the disability pension i don't think.. not yet..will talk to my doctor first i think...there is such a lot of paper work to do..they want to know ALL of your assests even ones you don't have yet such as death insurance and super annuations...oh i discovered red palm oil..it is very nice..and very good for you too...i buy a mix of canola and red palm oil and it is yummy..that is if you don't mind your food a slight yellowy/orange colour...lol..lol..lol
thanks everyone for the lovely comments about our card...i take them to Big W and get them printed like a photo...oh i forgot i did get in at a cut price...woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!..have to renew it in 6 months and the physio has given me one whole year so that is good too..will reassess things after that to see if i need more hydro or not...probably will though!..cheers liz

moving-woweeee 10 pounds to go..you can do it..not long now!!..you go girl!! oh and don't forget about you!!

zumba-oooh glad to hear you had a good time hun!! fingers crossed the scales behave hun!! oh i am sorry to hear of the gain...boo hiss to the scales...yes christmas is a hard time with loss like that..my heart goes out to you..know one thing we will be here somewhere!!

mrs-oh sooo good to hear you had a good time too..you deserve it for sure...i love giving too when money permits..lol..lol..lol..bummer about the scales hun and yes go see the doctor!!..hopefully he can help get back onto the road of loss!! oh and wishing you many mornings of sleeping in!!..ever since i have been using the cpap machine i am awake at about 5ish every morning!!..perhaps i should do the pool early..less kids around to jump on me or get in my way when i am doing laps..good idea i think!!

olehcat-yeah i thinks nicky is a lynx point we just call them different names is all!!

sum-whoooooooot whoooooot on the loss!! you are an angel to volunteer your time!!

guac-oh i feel you there hun!!..that sort of talk annoys me too..heck they have no idea what it is like if they have been skinny forever...they should try walking a mile in a bigger persons shoes for sure..i watch that show on tv where the ambulance people are specially trained to cater for their what they
call super sized patients..a lot of the people they see are over 22 stone in weight..woweeeeeeeeeee...the problems these people have is staggering..i am almost 20 stone and i don't have that much difficulty mobilising..a bit but not much..most of what effects me is of course from my back..but some of these people have not left their bedroom in years..wow!!..how would those skinny people feel if they were in these peoples shoes??..this really motivates me!!

nemom-good on you sweetheart...baby steps are best..that is what i am doing with exercise..just a bit at at time!!!

dangerous-whoooooooot whoooooooot!! CONGRATS!!
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Zumba-- I'm sorry that things are so hard right now. I got a chuckle when I read your opinion about 15 pounds. That's positive thinking there and it will help get you through.

Dangerouscurves--Congrats on onederland! And ahead of schedule! Yes!

NEMom--You've got a few wins going on. Usually, people gain as they are trying to quit smoking. I hear your reluctance to declare victory, but I'm optimistic for you.

Guacamole--Take it as a compliment that the skinny chicks felt comfortable having that convo with you there. I hope they would have been sensitive enough to pick something else to talk about if you were heavier. At this point, I'm guessing you look like a skinny chick yourself! Your point is nonetheless well taken.

Sum--I hope your day worked out for you. I hate those unplanned social situations where you are expected to eat. It throws everything off, doesn't it?

Olehcat--Thanks for the reassurance on the elusive lows! It's so darn mystifying. I don't even have a bad eating day to blame mine on. Oh well. I know I'll get there.

MrsT--Yay for all you do so the little ones can have a good Christmas, especially since you don't celebrate yourself. Now THAT's the spirit.

------------
I just did some math and realized that the past few weeks I've been averaging 1100 calories per day. I'm thinking of upping it a bit, but am in a quandary. I don't want to slow my progress (either from more calories or slowing my metabolism), but at the same time I'm doing OK on the 1100 calories. I know I'll have a few higher calorie days this weekend, so I think for now I'll just stay the course. Today, a co-worker told me that she was envious when she saw me come into work this morning and decided then and there that her diet was starting today. I don't think she needs to lose any weight and told her that, but what a nice compliment.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Liz--Your message came in as I was writing, so I didnt see it. I'm glad you got in for the cut rate and got a good workout in. I think your idea of going early to beat the crowd is brilliant. Somebody recently told me that their physical therapist told them "Motion is lotion". I think this definitely applies to you. Keep it up!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #101  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Hello ladies,
My name is Robin, I used to check in with 3fc daily back when I did Ideal Protein. I lost 10 pds total on ip but couldn't deal with the migraines that came with the artificial sweeteners and preservatives in the food.
Then, I just gave up for a while until I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. After watching that documentary, I juiced recently for 13 days straight, just homeade vegetable/fruit juice mixture. I lost another 10 pds doing that. I am now wanting to try good old fashioned weight loss and exercise.
I am trying to find the right thread for that.
Thanks,
Robin
whirlybird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Godo morning, had a few minutes, so let's see if I can say hi to a few of you.

My low was 141.4 a few days ago, but now I've been hovering around 142.something the last few days, *sigh*. I'm hoping to get back to my low and then pass it by Friday. I would LOVE to be 139 by Christmas! I haven't run or exericsed in about a week since I got sick because even though the aches and congestion in my nose mostly went away, it all went to my chest and I couldn't stop coughing. I think I'm about ready to return to the gym today, though. I know it will be hard after a week off, but i need to do it!

Yesterday my grad level class ended and we had food. Everyone brought food. I really tried to tone it down for myself since I get VERY excited about food since I never keep food like that at home, like chips and dips, etc. I had a little bit of the unhealthy stuff and tried to focus on these vegetable spring rolls that someone had brought. I think I did pretty well.

whirlybird - hi, Robin! I had never ever heard of Ideal Protein until I came to this message board and it seems like so many active people on this board are into it. To me it sounds awful with artificial food, but maybe I don't know enough about it, so I shouldn't say anything. So far I've lost almost 10 pounds by just eating less, trying to keep my carbs a little lower, but still enjoying some treats on the weekend.

MovingForward - I'd say as long as it's working well, and that you know you're going to have a few days that are higher calorie, then go for it.

lizard - pool exercises seem like a good idea for back pain, actually, so I'm glad you're able to do that!

zumbachica - everyone else seems to lose weight during a divorce, I gained almost 10 pounds this past summer when I went through mine. :-p Good luck with your 15 pounds!

dangerouscurves - wow, great job hitting onederland!

guacamole - that kind of talk is very annoying. The good news is that they probably saw you as "one of them" if they were not self-conscious about saying that kind of thing in front of you. Not that that makes it any better... I had a college roommate once whose legs were as tiny as my arms and she was just skinny all over and she used to talk about how fat she was all the time. My other roommate and I would just roll our eyes, as we were just "normal" slender so we thought she must have thought that we were obese....
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #103  

OLEHAT: You and I have the same goal for Christmas but I doubt I am going to get to it...trying to be optimistic. You are a lot closer than I am...you can do it......Good for you for keeping in check while being surrounded by all that food. A WW leader told me once that skinny people eat at events, but the difference between them and "us" is that they stop when they get home......I want to get to a point where I can go to a party and eat and not worry.....my life used to be that way....

WHIRLYBIRD: Good for you for juicing! I wish I had the discipline to do that. I need to see that documentary that you are referring to.

MOVINGFORWARD: That really WAS a nice compliment that you got...hold on to that the next time you are feeling down about your progress.

LIZARD: try and find low carb shakes, they do exist. I know you probably have different brands than we do.

DANGEROUS: YAY on reaching your mini goal!! Like the song says This Girl is on Fire...LOL

NEMOM: keep up the good work with the smoking.....You are doing your body the greatest justice and giving all those that love you the biggest gift.

GUAC: I HATE when skinny people do that, especially when there is someone there that isn't a skinny mini. I hope I didn't sound like that when I was skinny....but i have to say this one thing..that some thin people really do see a big person when they look in the mirror...they truly feel they are big....it sounds insane but it is true. I have a friend that has a disorder like that. She doesn't see what other people see meanwhile she has a close to perfect body and is a size zero. Still, I can see how you can be annoyed, I know I would be. I'd probably tell them all to shut the frig up and eat a sandwich.

And now for my sad post......
Old 12-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #104  

I really have no words. I am at a weight that I have not been at since pregnancy 12 years ago. It isn't a high number according to some but to me it is horrific..a symptom of all that is going on in my life. I feel like a huge failure...marriage failing and now letting myself go like this....don't forget what my livelihood is. Noone wants a big fitness instructor. I feel shame to the point of not wanting to go out or do anything...I could easily become an agoraphobic at this point. You can all tell me to shut up now, because I know I'm having one big pity party. Not even sure what to do at this point because nothing I do really helps. Took out the shake mix , there isn't a lot left and I can't afford to buy another bag.....so just maknig shakes today with whatever I have left.....maybe another cleanse will do me some good.

Thanks for listening........
Old 12-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #105  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Oh Zumba I am so sorry that you are feeling so down. My weight was 152 pounds the day I delivered my DD, and today I was 154; I can totally relate and understand!! Big hugs to you!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote