S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

SUM....happy bday to your baby girl!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #77  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey NEmom--Wow trying to quit cigs and lose wt at the same time! Power to ya! I'm prolly not one who should advise, but maybe you should consider a new hobby for your hands--knitting, crocheting, needlepoint? hear that helps.

Zum--trying so hard to feel bad for you about your date, but cannot stop laughing! Keep us supplied with stories, will ya? Yea, living vicariously here.

I'm with MrsT--cannot relate to Zum and olehat and liz on the tiny bones thing. Brought up an old memory RE a chatty (in an irritating way) colleague from China:
As he watches me type at the computer:
--"Wow! You have big hands for a girl!"
--"All the better to strangle you with, my dear!"
(he never got the hint) Big boned for an American girl....must've been a shock for him.

Lizz--I'm worried about your back. Tried yoga?..........I've heard people call it "My Own Personal Caribbean Vacation"

keli--the bedbug visual didn't take root in my brain. Too yucky, I spose......Still on the wagon......Scale still stalled.......Really want to move that ticker down.

Sum---Awwww!!!! I wish I had a time machine so I could go back and visit the younger versions of my boys..... I miss them all..... almost like a death in the family.

Hey Lizzz--thanks for the Def Leopard mention......Was wondering what music helped perk everyone up.....and what a coinkidink!....DH and I caught Def Leopard on Letterman this week........So my ears had to get me some DL--love that amazing guitar and percussion......although........I have to say, DL makes me feel kinda......illegal!........I like lots of music genres....My mood picked up significantly this week on accounta my boys' choral concerts. I feel like such a fat old fool cryin' at their concerts.....but I tell ya......seein my boys up on those risers belting out Vivaldi's Gloria amidst ALL THAT AMAZING TALENT......the orchestra.....the beautiful, gorgeous music. Whew! pure Beauty and pure Love. Made me bawl like a baby.......These days, I'm havina OK Go fetish. They have some weird/funny phrases in their lyrics "badheartedboytrapbabydoll" and some break-up songs that crack me up--you ladies going through a divorce might like them. "Don't ask me." (I wanna look like that girl dancing in the video) and (my theme song) "Invincible": "When they finally come to destroy the earth, they'll have to deal with YOU first" .....haha that's me, baby.......Invincible!.......My brothers used to call me SIS-TOR (imagine lightning bolts)........And I tell ya, if I were years younger, I'd give that lead singer Damian Kulash a good run around the playground!......ahem........sorry......didn't mean to go all cougar on ya.

Speakin-o-which. I'm gonna start referring to hubby as TH instead of DH.....He's my Trophy Husband......gotta run!

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 12-07-2012 at 09:15 PM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

2 days of running around & jumping through hoops. Now we just have to wait for an answer. It's crazy because that wanted a list of ALL medications H was given at the hospital & what he is currently on. For it, they left 2 small lines. RIIIIIIIIGHT! Sure, 10 meds are going to fit on that (that's why he is currently on) and 13 meds. when he was hospitalized. Get real!
When I think about having to into a government office, I find myself getting a knot on the right side of my neck that runs from my ear to my shoulder. It lasts for like 3 hrs. AFTER I leave there. Does anyone else have localized stress muscle knots or pain? This one was a first for me...only showed up once we started trying to get H assistance for his medical care.
I did pretty healthy today. Walked, ate pretty well (maybe a little over) & drank my H2O. Sleepy though. I think it's because of having 2 busy, stressful days. I have to work tomorrow, so I'll probably crawl in bed early.

SeeMyFeet: I love Def Leppard! I have all their cds! Outside of that, I love metal, metal...& yeah, metal! Fact is for my 40th bd, I went to a Seether concert. But I also like classic rock, even classical music (Beethoven, Bach, Chopin). Not a fan of pop nor country (sorry if I offend). If you want to get me to move...CRANK UP THE METAL!! Yup, I'm a headbanger....
Love what you said about big hands! I do! My ring size when I married was 10.5, just 1.5 smaller than H! Smallest waist I have had as an adult...33".

NEMom: Hope all is going well with your effort to kick the habit. YOU CAN DO IT!! Forget about the buffet. It's done, it's over with, forgive yourself, don't forget that it might be a trigger for you. I have decided that buffets are a no-no for me...til I'm probably half way to my goal. But I'll have to see.

kellijpa: I hate when $$ is such a headache. I know you want to be able give your kids a great Christmas. I wish I knew the answer...I'm sorry. May funkytown be nothing more than a distant memory.

liz: Glad you're feeling better. Yup, gotta love the mood swings! I wish they'd count as exercise though! If they would, I probably wouldn't have a weight issue! Oh, I've cranked up some Def Leppard from time to time...along with several other hard-hitting bands. If anyone were to get ahold of my MP3 & didn't know me...they'd be shocked. Outside of my ears being pierced multiple times, nothing shows me as a metal head...my tats are where my clothes cover them. Dragons, scorpions & a black rose really paint the real me. I also have a tat memorializing Dad. I'll get one for Mom when her time comes, too. But DO NOT tell her! She hates tattoos.

Gotta scoot. H needs a haircut. Catch up with everyone later! Cyber-hugs!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #79  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I survived DD's birthday dinner!! I had a filet and a sinful baked potato, BUT I had no wine, no cake and no bread; last two items because I can not have them anyways I did have a spoonful of icecream, just a bite.

Tonight I'll have a Finnish independence celebration and I know it will be oozing with yummy dishes from my childhood...Life is filled with temptations.

Nice thing; since I have lost a few pounds, I have this really pretty dress I have been dying to wear and it fits!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #80  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Mrs T Your life is so stressful! Remember to take care of yourself as well... sometimes us women forget all about ourselves and our own well being!

SeeMyFeet TH!! That is fantastic! And sweet!! I refer mine as because he kicks my butt and challenges me with new work outs, lunges etc...

NeMom I cheering you on!! I know how hard quitting is...but it is one craving at a time! Just babysteps...even if it is one ciggy less each day.

Zumbachica And hopefully scale went down a bit more this am as well!!

kel I have been baking cookies and it is a challenge But having that time with your mom is priceless. -- I miss mine, it is hard when she lives 5000 miles away.

olehcat Yup..my hubby works out of different state, but he comes home every weekend. -- Michigan, where I live, is so dead that in order to keep our family afloat, he took a job where he travels. He is amazing! -- We did not want to uproot the kids with a move...plus he travels from client to client, he never knows which city/state/country he is next. -- It has made us very close...it could have gone either way; strong together or grow apart.

liz to your fab day!

To anyone I missed

Sending to all!!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #81  

SUM...how did u pass on cake? I don't think I'd ever be able to do that...not unless the cake was made of vegetables!

Mrstrying...I'm ready for a tattoo....something small and somewhere no one can see it for sure....

Wel I had my binge last night.......so ashamed. I was bored and anxious..had ice cream , chocolate malt balls and bread.......ent to bed feeling guilty and depressed. Have to make up for it today....hitting the gym and eating healthier...may just have shakes today.....

Kind of icky out today.....am going to take out some Christmas stuff and bring flowers to a friend....she had to put her cat down today......she had him for 17 and a half years.....thats like being 90 years old!

Onward and upward.......going to manhattan tomorrow....so excited! Love the city but something about it during the holidays makes it magical....I'm a born and raised city girl and need to get out of the burbs every so often....hoping all the walking will burn calories.....
Old 12-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #82  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am soo jealous Zumba. I love NYC. My work used to take me there 2 times per year, but it has been nearly 18 months since my last visit. HAVE FUUUN!!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

I had two weigh-ins at 141.4 this week, and then today it was up a bit to 142.8, but that’s because yesterday I ate a bit more than usual, and I went out to a restaurant and had fries and two glasses of wine!

Okay, ladies, an insecurity glitch! I have a friend who MAY come visit me next weekend. I was really hoping that I wouldn't see this friend until after I lost the weight. She was VERY successful in losing about 15 pounds recently, and she was already at about my goal weight. She's only 5' and WAS about 112 pounds. Now she's about 99. I have to admit to feeling a little self-conscious. I don't want to feel like a huge person around her when in the past-past, we were not so far apart in size (just me being about 2 1/2 inches taller with equivalent weight added). Now I'm going to feel chunky and BIG next to tiny her. Do you guys ever feel that weird comparison self-consciousness thing around smaller friends? I know it's silly and I'm going to very much TRY to put it out of my mind if she ends up coming to visit!

MrsTryingAgain – I’m sorry your paperwork continues to be frustrating. –shakes head- And you will get there with the weight, day by day! I’m a natural tiny gal, but I’ve let the weight pile on so I can’t wait to see my tiny self again at some point, haha.

Lizard – doctors tell you you’re fat? Ugh, that doesn’t sound very encouraging at all! Ironically, even though I AM overweight for my height, I’ve never had a doctor tell me I was overweight or needed to lose weight. It’s weird. Maybe I’m not alarmingly overweight to them? I have no idea. I’m so glad that you feel better though! Thank you for the instructions on uploading pictures! I need to attempt that at some point. I’ve just not always had good luck uploading pictures to forums before. I don’t have a photobucket account, but I have a shutterfly account. I wonder if that would work…

Zumba – go you on the whoosh! That’s such a great feeling, isn’t it? And yeah, all my fat settles on my hips and thighs. From the waist up, I look like I’m about 120 pounds! ;D

NEmom- oh gosh, buffets are deadly! For me, my weakness is Chinese buffets! I can’t stay away from those little fried doughnut-like desserts!

Sum38 – wow, congrats to your 18-year-old daughter! My ex-husband lived out of the country, but it really was too much for us since we did not have frequent visits. In the end, our marriage ended since there was no end in sight to the separation (and there were other issues, too, not just the separation). But it was a good decision for both of us and we still skype almost every day.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

GOOD EVENING TO ALL THE LADIES OF THE 40'S BOARD!

Finally home from work. It was a long day, mostly because it was a very short & noisy night. There was a stabbing 4 doors down from when H & I live. Some guys stabbed 2 guys & the cops couldn't find him. So there was patrol cars, helicopters, ambulances & all the rest swarming our neighborhood til about 2AM & I had to be up at 7AM.
Been an okay day otherwise. I ate healthy. Drank H2O. I didn't get a walk in today before work. I was just too wiped. I'm going to go for a nice long walk tomorrow. Might even take H to the park. It's so funny, he loves to go to the park...kinda like a little kid.
I still have that stress knot in my neck! I need to really walk hard tomorrow. I've thrown hot showers at it, Tylenol & stretches. Maybe I need to ask H for a neck rub, but he always seems to get distracted & quit.

olehcat: Sweetie, you really can't compare yourself to someone else. We are all different, which is actually a really wonderful thing. You are on your journey to becoming more healthy, and that in & of itself is something to be proud of! Also if someone is really your friend, you both will always see each other as nothing less than BEAUTIFUL!!! Anywhos, I hope that you 2 enjoy your visit!

Zumba: I love my ink! I sooo want more! But finances kinda hinder that, also I'd like to be near/at my goal before I go in again. I have a portrait of my parents when they were in their early 30s (looking awesome) I want to have done. So I need to find someone who does an awesome job on portrait tattoos. Kick your binge to the curb...get back at it. You can do this! My condolences to your friend, I know how hard it is to loose a beloved pet. Enjoy the city for me...I'm the opposite, country through & through. I need to see the mountains & the stars in the sky at night. But it takes all kinds.

Sum: Thanks for reminding me to take care of me. I think maybe I can do so a little now. I got him a media alert bracelet with a USB. I was able to input all of his meds & conditions. It gives me so peace of mind. Finnish Independence? KEWL! I'd love to know more! I used to go to a Swedish church a very special dawn Christmas service. Enjoy your independence, but don't go too overboard.

Well, night to you all. Rest well. Be healthy! Catch up with you all later!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #85  

hi guys not going to catch up on stuff until tomorrow and then i don't know how much time i will be online...got to go to hydro tomorrow..meeting physio at about midday..going to be bloody hot..but will wear sunscreen and t-shirt and hat...hoping to get in at a cut price because of my back problems..but this may not happen...please everyone cross their fingers for me!!..i have everything crossed eyes, toes, arms legs and i look like a human pretzel..lol..lol...see ya later then..cheers liz
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #86  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Thanks for all the good wishes, I am feeling better, hard to get into the xmas spirit, it's been kind of warm, rained and everything's kind of gray, on the other hand it's nice to be able to be outside in a light jacket.

Sum, it's funny you mentioned the decadent baked potato, I made mashed potatoes last night, hadn't made them in so long...they were divine, luckily I didn't make too many, they disappeared pretty quick.

MrsTrying, sorry to hear about your struggles, I have something like your neck prob. with stress, I don't know what they're called, but those muscles that run from your neck to shoulder across the top, they get like iron bands, I hate it.

Zumba, I'm going to NYC on a bus trip next weekend for the day, can't wait, it should be fun, you're right xmas time makes it magical, and will be spending time with my BF, my mom and my sister-in-law which will make it even more magical!

Going to try and get a hike today if rain holds off.

I remember when my mom's doctor put her on BP medicine, he kind of looked at her over his glasses and said something like we've been talking about losing weight for awhile...he looked like he was waiting to see if he was going to get a smack..lol

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #87  

hmm had a good weekend....went out to a gallery showing of my aunty pats paintings (she is not a real aunty but a good friend of mums and we grew up knowing her and her hubby as aunty and uncle)..she passed recently due to cancer and uncle george had all of her paintings for the showing framed and organised..it was a lovely day i took an apple and had a skinny cino with sweetner and also 1 piece of pizza..said no to a lot of other things though so proud of me...still trying to do the exercise thing...tis frustrating cause i wanna do more and my body screams no at me...starting hydro exercises today...hope to do that every day if i can...should make a difference...ate more protein than i usually do on sunday...more fat than normal as well..oh well back on track today..had a shake this morning....geeez it is hard to find one that is sugar free..some of them are high in sugar..no good to me considering the diabetes...planning on having an early lunch as i have to be at the pool at 12ish...and i don't want to be hungry and tempted by bad stuff...gotta do pilates this morning been for my walkie with the doggie...done my christmas card for this year...will post it here..not happy with the photo of me but it is me!!..lol..lol..lol..will do the housework today needs doing badley...oh the chia pudding was nice but kinda tasteless...needs more flavour i think..so i will try banana next time and some more vanilla perhaps??...hope you all had a good weekend and kept on track!!...wishing everybody and healthy and happy day!!...cheers liz

zumba-whooooooot whooooooot on the loss!! love to hear it!!oh it is hard when you lose one of your furrbabies.. a friend of mine was battling cancer..we lost her yesterday it is sad...i am mad at cancer it is such a horrible thing!!

nemom-thanks for that hun..with my back i live with it and i think cope well..just means i have to rest more often to relieve the numbness and stiffness and of course the pain...i sit for a bit and then keep on going..lol..lol..lol..i use the washing trolley to put my shopping in and wheel it around inside..i don't hang clothes on the line much if at all..i use our dryer but we have solar power so it is not too bad cost wise!!! oh wow hun a buffet..have not been faced with that then but i understand how you feel..i am not sure how i would handle it!!

sum- happy belated birthday to your lovely daughter!!...what a milestone..congrats congrats!!i bet you look amazing in your dress too!!

see-thanks for worrying about me..it is very comforting that you should care hun..yeps well kinda..i have been thinking of yoga but i am doing pilates...doing 4 different exercises twice a day with my small amount of walking starting water exercise today!!..looking forward to it!! good thing i bought up on swimmers when they were cheap!! yeah def leppard is amazing!!..i love that the drummer does soo well with one arm he is amazing and an inspiration to us all i think..i have seen them once in concert and
it was just stupendous..i know all the words and sang along at the top of my lungs...i too like a wide variety of music!! i watch def on you tube a lot too!!

mrs-i sooo hope you are getting somewhere with your dh's medical stuff i am about to swallow my pride and jump on the benefits bandwagon..well try anyways..they can only say no!!...be careful of yourself hun..that
knotting muscle sounds painful....look after you and yours!!ooooooooooh i soooooo love metallica as well! apocalyptica is awesome too..there is something extremely sexy about 4 hotties playing the cello and covering mettalica!!..lol..lol..lol..such passion love it!!..funneee makes me wonder how they don't get their long hair caught in the strings!!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #88  

oooooooops forgot to post my christmas card...merry christmas all!!

Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I'm still here. So far, December has been a busy month. I've been short on relaxation and "me" time. I've remained on track with my weight loss efforts, though my exercise has been less frequent lately. A few days ago, I was within 10 pounds of my goal weight, but as my pesky scale sometimes does, it's been up 2 pounds since the low I saw. I am in desperate need of smaller clothes, particularly casual things. Today as I walked around in my smallest jeans, they were just sagging and bagging on me. Nice problem to have, but I only wish it wasn't Christmas time on the credit card as well. My Christmas shopping is almost done and the wrapping is well under way. That's a good feeling.

Liz--Cool card! I've got to get mine out. That's another project.

MrsT--Every time I hear about your struggles, it makes me feel so angry. Health care should not be so hard to get. I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your DH.

Zumba, Sum and Kelijpa--New York is on my bucket list. Except for a brief stop at the airport, I've never been. Enjoy! I'll live vicariously for now.

NEMom--I'm so impressed with your efforts. You won't regret them. You're going to have a whole new, healthier you.

To everyone else,
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #90  

Hi all.........back from city..really nice day.....shopped and ate at a Brazilian steakhouse....I'm sure ill pay the price for that tomorrow on the scale, can't believe weekend is over,,,,,,dreading that 5:00 am alarm clock tomorrow....!