Old 12-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #151  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

OK laaaadeeees,

After an emotional weekend (for many reasons), time to hit RE-SET .

But 1st......a few words to those of you who keep mentioning buttery popcorn. My TH (aka "the enabler") introduced me to this luxury and convenient foodstuff, and I, too, would get the cravings when he would simply ask: "want popcorn?" .....drool like Pavlov's dog.... We used to munch on the microwave version....now I can't stand the stuff...Part of what helped curb my interest was knowledge of how artificial the product is....plus burning it a few times!.....If you haven't already....google Dangers of Microwave Popcorn, perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), Popcorn Workers Lung, and diacetyl. Yeah, I know, everything causes cancer, and diacetyl is a natural substance in butter....but hopefully this info will give you pause the next time you reach for this stuff....it really is unnatural and unhealthy.....worked for me anyways....

zumba--Thighs rubbing together?!?!?!?! At your wt?!?!?! Nahhhhhh... More likely your bulging thigh muscles reaching to kiss each other in admiration!!!!

Sheila--My goal is also to improve my social network....at work (I work for a large organization) and elsewhere. I've been in a work/kids/work/kids grinding cycle for too long, and my immediate cow-orkers are self-centered bullies and AHs (perdon). I need Toxic relief. This forum definitely helps. All the ladies have been so supportive and non-judgmental. What a welcome relief!

OK....RE-SET....well.....I had my 1 month New Birthday a few days ago and I was not in the mood for reflection or celebration much.....Disappointed because I had not achieved as much weight loss or done as much exercise as I had planned. But.....I did hang on to a 10# loss in the 1st month and I have hung on to the mindset (barely)....I know I can do this, but I clearly need to work harder on training my brain....not letting life events or AHs get to me.....I also need to get religious about exorcise. Stronger in mind and stronger in body. I have been overwhelmed because, frankly, I have TOO MANY big and important goals...and holidays have been adding to that drowning feeling. Sometimes I just get paralyzed because I have so many directions I should be running. At the same time, I have A LOT of weight to lose....& I am too impatient. That Event next summer is constantly on my mind.....sometimes it's motivating.....other times, deflating......I don't want to feel like a Big Failure next summer.....

OK.....money where my mouth is....going to exorcise RIGHT NOW!!!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:10 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

ZIP! Out the window it went! I didn't get up early enough to go for a walk this AM...the bed was just to cozy. So I told myself, "Well, I'll eat healthy & have plenty of water." ERROR! Ate well til about 7, when I got off work. Ate tons of pizza, had soda (which I haven't had in over a month)...will try again tomorrow.
What happened? Work. We are severly short-staffed & busy than a one legged man in a butt-kicking contest!! My boss? MORON! He doesn't schedule well, he doesn't hire people & to make matters worse we have a broken door at work. The stupid thing will not stay closed, so all the cold air comes blowing in! Today the shop was about 56 degrees & we are expected to work, be happy & effcient. It's been broke for over 2 MONTHS!!! Tomorrow I think I'm going to contact HR cause this is ridiculous & sub-standard working conditions. I'd just prefer to have the worthless jerk fired & have our asst. man. take over! We'd all be happier & probably warmer!
Sorry, I'm just really super frustrated. If I could quit tomorrow, I WOULD! I guess if I were to ask Santa for a gift this Christmas it would be a decent job!!!

SeeMyFeet: I'm a big popcorn fan too, but I have found that since I've started eating healthier I don't crave it as much. Fact is I think I've only had it 2 or 3 times in the last month & a half. Used to be 2 or 3 times a week! Re-set...affirmative. I wish you the best of luck with it! Let us know how it goes!

2fatcats: Good job on making the best of your situation. I wonder if my truck talked to your jeep! Mine lost power steering, yours the battery dies. IT'S CONSPIRACY!!! Subway is pretty decent for a fast food type place. What did you see? Was it good?

Sheila: You inspire me. I've got a lot of things to clean out & get rid of! I guess I just need to take one of my days off from each week, go through some & haul it away. Slim down my junk as I slim down myself.

olehcat: I'll have to check it out! I have one too. I forgot how much I enjoy writing & it helps to get things out of my head.

Lastly...the scale gods DIDN'T smile at me. I'm holding steady. I should be happy, but compound it with work stress & I'm not. I think I'll toss out in front of a moving bus tomorrow! The stop is basically right outside my door so I won't get too wet or cold!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Ladies!

Monday (sigh) - - LOL. But my LAST week of work for this year! WOO HOO!!!

I am so ready for a break! Just going to take this week one day at a time. Today after work I will kickbox for an hour then we will wrap our presents for the family we are sponsoring...

To make matters worse - PMS...grrrrrr...

At any rate, I am going to focus, make my "to do" list, and work it.

My goal for the rest of this month is not to lose, but to simply "maintain"...it is just TOO difficult. So that's why my exercise is so important...as long as I'm breaking a sweat every day, I can be a little "bad" and hopefully not gain for these last two weeks...PMS definitely isn't helping.

TryingAgain - uh, lower than 60 degrees?!? Really? Unbelievable!!! Yes - you should definitely take this up with HR!!!!!! Sheesh - reminds me of Scrooge - just ask them if you can have at least ONE lump of coal...SHEESH!

SeeMyFeet - I had NO IDEA about the popcorn! OMG! wow. Thanks for sharing! And hang in there with the AHs... And don't let the holiday slips get you down - I've decided I'm going to do my best to get through them, but I'm not going to beat myself up (until January 1st!! LOL)

Zumba - I've been where you are - divorce with kids can definitely rock your world....hang in there - I think you are doing FABULOUS!!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Sheila
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Good morning ladies...it is a cold, dark rainy Monday......son threw up this morning so he will be home from school.....scale is up to the scary number again........I bought five days worth of nutrisystem that I saw in Walmart yesterday....curious to see how much I can lose in five days......then I regretted it and I'm thinking of returning it...does anyone here have an opinion...?

I teach my classes today and I have to admit I feel very self conscious....I know people notice the weight gain.....then I feel ashamed..what kind of example am I?

Trying to feel positive today..sorry if I sound like Debbie downer but I am just reeling from the sad weekend. Winds up I know the mom of one of the kids that was killed in CT...she went to my high school.....was a sweet girl....no mother should have to lose a child that way....

Okay...I'm looking at the nutrisystem box...what should I do?...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

So today and all week (hopefully) I am going to eat as clean as possible. Tonight may not be completely possible, as I’m going over to some friends’ for dinner. They generally make pretty healthy food (often squash-based or lentil soups), but they are also amazing bakers with wonderful breads/desserts sometimes. I didn’t even weigh myself this morning. I knew it would be bad and why set myself up for disappointment first thing. Last night I suffered stomach cramps all night probably because of my food choices all weekend.

@zumbachica – I never thought I’d be divorced either, it’s totally surreal. This whole year has been surreal to me. I know what you mean when you gain a little extra weight how you just feel all over heavy. My thighs easily rub against each other, even when I’m at a low weight (my body is just built that way). As for the blog, I just went to the 3fatchicks main page and there was a section on member blogs. It takes you through the directions. It’s really easy! Now if I can remember to update it…(no time this morning!)

@sheila – I LOVE decluttering and purging! I did that in my kitchen last weekend. It felt so great.

@2fatcats – I think any time you eat out, there is TONS of sodium, even if it’s something full of vegetables like Subway! I know every time I eat out, I weigh in way heavier the next day. Stupid sodium! So annoying!

AND I've run out of time to reply to everyone else -- but hope you ALL have a fabulous day!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #156  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

olehcat - I totally agree about the sodium in restaurant foods. This morning I went to Dunkin Donuts and bought a special breakfast for my son who is visiting, but only bought a bag of ground coffee for myself. I went home and made eggs, because at least I can control how much salt I put in them. I love the D&D coffee, but I buy it in bags and make it each morning myself. I used to buy a cup at the drive-thru every morning and be tempted to buy their donuts, muffins, and sandwiches. This way, I can make the coffee at home and avoid unnecessary temptations. I've been doing this for almost 1 year and it works out well.

In other news, holiday meals and treats galore in my neck of the woods! I feel very bloated and disappointed in myself. I keep telling myself I am worth abstaining from fattening foods! My evil side tells me I am worth indulging in fattening foods! Saw the Hobbit yesterday with the family and had popcorn and Milk Duds! The movie was great - I did enjoy the treats, but man, is there anything more fattening than movie popcorn? At least we didn't get any butter on it. Also, my youngest son hogged the bag to himself and only doled out small portions to his dad and me! He actually did us a favor!

Anyway, went for a 2 mile walk this morning, although my eating is still not on track. Also, I guess I can pat myself on the back for not ordering food at Dunkin Donuts. I was really thinking about a box of Munchkins! Glad I passed.

Good luck today, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #157  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Greetings All!

To all the 'disappointed' ladies: Don't be - learn from the past but don't live in it! Focus on today and be the best you that you can!

On my homefront: Turns out it was the sodium. I double checked the website and that 'healthy' 380 calorie lunch had over 3500mg of sodium! Yikes! Double yikes since I already have high blood pressure and can only have 1500 a day. I weighed in at 175.8 today, down from 177.6 yesterday! I drank so much water I got up three times last night to use the bathroom, though!

Zumba- no idea about nutrisystem. Googled it (webmd) and found that it limits women to 1200 calories. As active as you are - are you sure that is enough? That's too few for me -I eat about 1500 a day (5 mini-meals) and I measure and weigh all my food and keep my macros at F-20%, C-35%, P-45%. I have a handy little app on ipad that tracks every morsel I eat. I have discovered that when I eat too few calories - it actually slows down my weight loss- not to mention I'm STARVING and (according to my DH) cranky at 1200 calories. I think that's why I can't maintain for long - once I get to my 'goal weight' I have been deprived for so long that I tell myself I deserve this cookie/pizza/chips, etc. So now I am telling myself that I deserve to be fit and healthy!

Incorporating weights into my routine next week. I read a little blip on a website that said: Skinny girls look good in clothes. Fit girls look good naked! So I figure, why not me? Weight room here I come!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #158  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday all!
I had a terrible weekend as far as eating healthy. I have not gotten on the scale today and do not know if I will until maybe Thursday or Friday because the number is bound to be bad.
I did not get anything done this weekend. Did not get the laundry done, did not get the house cleaning done, did not get Christmas present wrapping done. I am embarrassed to admit that I was so hung over on Sunday I could hardly functions. Usually, I drink smarter. I try to have a glass of water for each mixed drink but not so much Saturday night.
Good news. still have not smoked a regular cig in 14 days.
Hope you all have a wonderful on plan day!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #159  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

NEMom
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #160  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

2FatCats~did you see the Hobbit? we went to the 3 hour movie friday, that's what we saw, enjoyed it.

Sheila~ I want to declutter as well, I was thinking about that myself, that's a good idea for going into the new year...

I went for a long walk, it was great and there was a little sprinkle off and on that really helped my sinuses, so am feeling better, thanks for all the good wishes. I lost 1 of the 3 lbs. I gained over the weekend, so am trying to get back at it.

Zumba~I know what you mean about feeling fat at your current weight, I go back and forth, weirdness....I don't know what to say about the nutrisystem, I've done a couple day juice fast to "reboot" but not any of those shake type of things, i'm more likely to go all fruit/veg.

SeeMyFeet and MrsTryingAgain, you guys are doing great, just keep pecking away or just keep trying to keep off what you got off for the holidays, stay positive, we're in this for life, I know what you mean about being impatient, sometimes I feel like I'm doing it, can't I just skip to goal...

best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 12-17-2012 at 07:07 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #161  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

NEMom, I'm so proud of you with the cigs, forgive yourself the hangover and leading up to it.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #162  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey....No Whining from me Today!!!!

I did my exorcises last night like I promised (why did I slow down on that? I've backtracked on the asthma. grr). And I promised myself I wouldn't peek at 3FC until I did my Jack LaLane's tonight......Here I am!!!.....guess that means you're my dessert!!

I'm feeling truly back on track. Ready to tackle the forum challenges again. I told TH I was thinking about Atkins for a while....He questioned my sanity...(been there, done that).

Zumba--You only bought 5 days of Nutrisystem, so may as well give it a try. NS sounds convenient, but I just don't trust packaged goods anymore. TH used to buy me WW and Lean Cuisine, but they never helped me with weight loss. I've been religiously making my own meals from scratch, and family's as well. I'm really enjoying cooking...keeping the house warm in colder weather...and the meals have been getting more and more delicious. I found a grocer that sells fresh herbs in just the right quantity and inexpensive. All that savory goodness is better than anything that comes in a box.

Did you all happen to catch the 60 min episode on flavor enhancers?
ww.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7389748n
(left off a "w" so it wouldn't automatically hyperlink)
....All those bottles......chicken in a hose.......Gross!

MrsT
--you guys should drag all your space heaters to work. If management won't listen to you, maybe they'll pay attention to an enormous heating bill! Plus, you'll be more comfy. I have one at work (illegal!) and a humidifier.

NEmom--Woot Woot!! I know your family will be proud of you this holiday, too!!

Stay strong, ladies.....be nice to your scales....
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

2FatCats-- My New Years resolution this year is going to be to start weight lifting. I'm going to see if I can work out the New Rules for Weight Lifting for Women program at home. I need to buy some stuff and figure it out, but m pretty excited about it. What is your plan? I loved your quote about fit girls looking good naked. Totally inspiring! Lol

Zumba- My mom lost a boat load of weight years ago on Nutrisystem, but promptly gained it all back. The problem, in my opinion, is that you aren't eating real world food and creating real behavior change. And it's expensive! I know what I would do.

NEMom--I could totally relate to your bad weekend because of your hangover. I went on a girls night out on Friday night. I am a very responsible drinker and limited myself to my usual number of drinks. Apparently, I forgot to account for 28 pounds less of me due to my weight loss. Whoops!

----------------
The past week has been one diet-threatening social situation after another for me. For the most part, I've managed to stay within my calories, but I definitely have been eating more than usual. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I already know I'll be eating out for lunch and dinner. On top of that, I saw my low weight of 150.0 on December 7, but have not seen it since. I keep bouncing around between 151 and 154. I think I may have been eating too few calories and perhaps the extra I've been eating lately can help me knock this plateau. Waking up with good news from the scale would be the best birthday gift I could get!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:30 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Interesting day...started off with a bomb threat down the street at the local Soc. Sec. office. Police blocked off all the blocks surrounding it...including ours. Turned out to be nothing but an empty suitcase. It was left by someone who jumped out of a van, placed at the front door, they hopped back in the van & sped away. Then it ended weird! I was driving home on one of our main roads (four lane with a middle turn lane) & there was some guys standing RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD! He was wearing nothing but boxers! He also looked totally out of it...didn't even blink when I drove past. I called the police & they already had officers en route. Now, you must realize this road is pretty dark...not a lot of street lights...he could've been easily ran over. Maybe that's what he wanted? I'd just hate to be the one to hit him....
Anywhos, talked to HR...we'll see how that goes. In the meantime we DO crank the heat all the way up after he leaves at 5 (must be nice!!). I'm sure the elctricity bill will be outrageous! Hope district management gets after him for it!
Good day health-wise. Ate good & healthy, drank plenty of H2O & walked for 45 mins this AM.

Sheila: Enjoy our time off, lucky lady! PMS is rotten & we all understand that. Remember it will pass...just don't kill anyone before it passes. Maintaining during the holidays, is good...GO FOR IT!!

Zumba: Sorry that your friend lost a child. I couldn't imagine. Lady, don't worry so much about your weight. Why? Cause we live in the real world (not on the one they used to have on MTV) facing real world issues & problems. Weight goes up, weight goes down. How we handle ourselves is what matters. Do we handle ourselves with as much dignity & resiliance as possible. We are human, we slip, we fall, we mess up...what counts is that we get up, dust ourselves off try again. Anyone who really knows what is going on in your life will be impressed. Know this, you ARE an inspiration despite what you may think or feel. Don't give up! Put one foot in front of the other, next thing you know...you'll be on your way again!

guacamole: Um, Milk Duds...sorry, drooled on the keyboard! I actually was able to say "NO" to candy when it was offered to me today. And it was offered more than once! UGH!
2 miles! Awesome! I love walking...I often wondered why I quit. Sounds like you did really good! I know what you mean about goodies...they are just waaaay too tempting! But you are worth more than they are!

2fatcats: Sodium is a killer. I was floored when I started reading lables. It's also one reason why I kicked soda to the curb for the most part...sodium. If I have soda, it's root beer or 7UP, much lower in sodium if I really have to have soda. Go for the weight room! Tone those muscles! You'll burn even more calories!!

NEMom: Congrats on the 2 WEEK MARK!!! That is great! As for the hung over...been there done that. Forget about it. Maybe you have new limits now with your healthier lifestyle? It happens. I also keep in mind when I drink that alcohol is "empty calories". Average mixed drink has about 300 cal/6 oz. Water chasers are a good idea...keeps you hyrdated & hopefully helps you regulate your partaking.

SeeMyFeet: I always look at the board as a treat, too! I come to it at the end of my work day. It's something I look forward to...cause the ladies here know what I'm attempting to do, be healthy! Go for the challenges! You can do it! Next time TH questions your sanity...tell him what I tell H, "You married me!" That usually shuts him up!

MovingForward: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Most health/diet experts say if you for the most part maintain at this time of year, it's like loosing 10 lbs. at other times of the year. That's not bad at all. Do what you can, hang on & you'll be fine once the holiday are in the rear-view mirror.

Sorry gang...I'm sleepy. Gotta take H to the dr. tomorrow. He is getting his 2 week check after being on all these new meds. I'm hoping for good news. If it is good then he won't have to go back for 30 days.

HAVE A HEALTHY TUESDAY! ENJOY YOUR DAY! YOU CAN DO THIS!

Last edited by MrsTryingAgain; 12-18-2012 at 03:35 AM.
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Good morning, all! It has not been a great few days of eating for me. I know I'm up in poundage and too scared to weigh in, especially because I know that things will NOT get easier the next week or so while the holidays are going on!

I've decided that I am not going to weigh again until after the holidays. I just can't take the self-berating that comes along with seeing a number I don't like. I'm going to enjoy the holidays and try to use common sense instead of being ruled by the scale. This will be a special challenge for me because old!me tends to think, "WHOO HOO!!!! no scale means PARTY TIME" and that's not what I want to do either. I want to go by how my body feels and try to seriously think about what I put in my mouth and why I'm doing it. Am I eating it because I think I can get away with it because I'm not weighing or is it something that will nourish me and make me feel better later?

The challenge begins today. I am packing healthy stuff for lunch, but I don't know what I'm doing for dinner. I am going to a movie right after work today and will need to eat something in the car on the way there because I do NOT want to get popcorn or any of the other movie foods there!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

@zumba - wow, I'm so sorry about your friend who lost a child. I can't imagine anything more horrendous than what she's gone through.

@guacmole- oh I LOVE Duncan Donut coffee, too! I try to buy it when it's on sale to have at home.

@2fatcats - I want to incorporate weights into my fitness routine, too! I am hoping to buy the New Rule for Lifting for Women book!

@NEmom - so happy for you on the cig front!

@Moving Forward - I know what you mean about one diet-threatening situation after another. This is why I'm just unable to take it. I want to socialize, but I don't want to obsess about every bit of food I eat this time of year. It's not mentally healthy for me. But I don't want to gorge and gain 10 pounds either. It will be a HUGE challenge for me!

@MrsTryingAgain - bomb threat - YIKES! I hope the rest of the day goes better!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote