Old 11-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #16  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes 237 View Post
It was a little depressing to read the thread and see people thinking about the things like being size 18 or wearing an XL as nightmares worse than death, lol.
Oh, Stripes, I'm so sorry. I was the one who posted about the XL... Trust me, I've endured health nightmares, totally unrelated to weight... wearing an XL top doesn't even register on that radar... Thank you for reminding me of perspective...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #17  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
.....remember that we all start at different places and have our own personal version of a high weight. I have read numerous threads from women whose high weight is my current weight. They were never in a size larger than 10/12, yet for them, they were not at their personal best. Being in the 150s was their version of fat and they worked just as hard as I did to get their weight down to be their personal best. We all are on different journeys but they are no less daunting.
It's true! I was going through my bag of skinny clothes just the other day. Let me emphasize skinny clothes. There's one pair of jeans in that bag that still are too small for me that I remember buying and crying because I had gained weight and I was so fat! I can remember crying over getting married "fat"...I was about the weight I am at now, and I think I look great now. I have two pair of jeans, one pair that I'm wearing and one pair that are now too big. I can remember straining to pull up these jeans until the belt loops broke, and crying all the while because I had gotten so fat. Now, after visiting size 16, I can't imagine how I could have possibly thought a 9 or a 12 was fat. But it was for me, at the time.

It's all about perception and it's amazing how our perceptions can change based on where we are, and where we were. And of course, perceptions differ from person to person. My ideal is someone else's fat, and my fat is another persons perfect weight.

I'm at a point now where visualizing gaining it all back, or even gaining some of it back is going to be a very powerful tool.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote