Old 11-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

SUM: wow, you had will power on a holiday. I give you so much credit. You're doing great and will get to the goal of yours by feb. I'm starting my journey today.....feel very optimistic and strong. Food isn't going to own me anymore...

MRSTRYING: So many people are on so many medications in the this country. it is a pet peee of mine...people are overmedicated. Doctors are in bed with pharmaceutical companies and drugs have side effects that sometimes cause more harm than the good they are supposed to do. The less meds the better and your husband is smart to try and deal with his issues with getting healthy other than with drugs.

GUAC: I know I have nerve giving you advice. But it was Thanksgiving, dont' beat yourself up over what you ate or how much you ate. Shame doesn't help. I have been in this industry for a long time and I always tell my students to forget about the damage done yesterday and focus on tomorrow. Think about looking and feeling great on christmas or wearing a slinky dress on new years eve....

OHLCAT: four miles? bless your heart, I only run when someone is coming after me with a knife or I see a check out line at the supermarket that looks like it has no people waiting ....

SHEILA: Wow, what a health Turkey day it sounds like you had complete with a 5K.....awesome!

SEEMYFEET: I always said I was going to brine my turkey but never did ....does it really make that big a difference? Maybe next year God willing.

And everybody else, keep up the good work, and if you have no good work to keep up then start the good work!!! LETS" DO THIS!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #122  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Wow! All that exercise! You ladies put me to shame! 5k Holiday run--that is a goal I should aim for sometime next year. Zumba--your comment cracked me up! I think brining does make a difference. I add lots of lemon + zest, garlic, rosemary, and other herbs. Makes it more flavorful and moist and makes the kitchen smell wonderful. The only thing I don't like is the extra salt. Don't tell anyone, but I didn't add salt this year. The salt helps keeps bugs from growing, but I reasoned that the bird would be in the refrigerator all night anyway. Besides Salmonella=weight loss, right? (Kidding, just Kidding) I cooked to higher temp to be sure.

I, too, cooked up a storm. My daily weigh in yesterday was down #0.5! That was motivation enough to keep me from tasting my way back up and scratchin' at the pan (ha). I made an apple crumble, and when I tasted ~ 1/16 t, I had to quickly put a lid on that thang like it was Pandora's box! That was the most super delicious dish--and I'm not a big fan of sweets that aren't chocolate. Fortunately, I did not make a large amount, so the rest of the family should finish it today. I will make an effort to calculate calories from yesterday.

Today's weigh-in was down another #2!!! So happy to move that ticker!! (That means it's permanent, right??) I was not smart enough to give away leftovers. I'm counting on the family to gnosh away on those--and give me a break from the kitchen!!

Must Exorcise today so I can keep that ticker movin'!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Nice quiet day. Did NOT go out for black Friday. I don't go back to work til Sunday, so H & I are spending a lot of quality quiet time together, which is actually a really nice thing.
Healthy eating. Drank plenty of H2O. We went for a long walk this afternoon. I'm really, really hoping to loose something (anything?) by Sunday...my weigh-in. I do feel good so that is a plus all by itself.

Zumbachica: I know what you mean about all the meds. Believe me, I want him OFF these $@%& things! So that is why I'm really working with him to get off them. If he wasn't feeling the way he was before the meds as compared to now...I'd be looking for another way to care for him. But he doesn't have the leg cramps, the crazy hot/cold spells & the horrible headaches now. I've gotten him totally on a schedule. I'm really ready for this to change ASAP.
SeeMyFeet: I love a tasty, herb turkey. I know what you mean about snacking. That has ALWAYS been my biggest downfall. I always think that just one more bite won't hurt....yeah, but it's those 20+ before that!!!
guacamole: Forgive yourself! I don't know about you, but when I'm being hard on myself, I tend to eat more...then I feel bad, then I eat more....You get the gist. Forgive, get back on track & learn from yesterday. What made you eat more? What was the triggers? Use those things you learned to make a plan of staying on track for Christmas, New Years, etc....
SUM38 Loved my salmon! Whenever I'm not eating healthy I seem to forget just how tasty fish can be. And I love fish! From tuna to salmon to trout to snapper. I got to keep this in my head...fish is tasty & good!

Everyone be healthy!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #124  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I had a swoosh Finally my Thai food binge is out of my system and I dropped nearly 3 pounds overnight. -- I was worried that I would not register a loss for the week, but now I am a tad bit lighter than I was a week ago Monday. Woot!! I am incredibly ready to kiss these 150's goodbye.

I absolutely adore WhiteHouseBlackMarket clothes. They had 30% off sale and I stocked up. Their sale items as well were all 30% off and I took a full advantage of that. I saved a ton. I bought pants one size too small that I have something to aim for.

Did you guys do any shopping? I BTW shopped online
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #125  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning All!

Happy Day after the day after...well, up of course, lot of eating went on, as expected, we did go for a six mile walk yesterday a.m. so keeping that going, will pull in the eating today, so ready to do that, after eating well for so long, as much as I enjoyed the feast, it seemed like it took forever to digest and feel normal again...

Feeling good this morning.

I enjoyed reading all the posts, lots of activity, I completely stayed off the internet for 2 days, hard to believe!

Welcome Chickadee and Olehcat!! This is a great group, lots of inspiration and great ideas and support!

best to all

Sum, we posted almost the same time, I absorbed your swoosh! haha it was pretty much what I expected, actually a little better and I know with a little extra effort it'll swoosh right back off!

Last edited by kelijpa; 11-24-2012 at 07:48 AM. Reason: addition
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #126  
Fat to Fab and Fit

kelijpa Sorry that you found my lost pounds, but please don't send them back
Old 11-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies. I've been super busy since turkey day and haven't had time to go on 3FC at all. I'm currently at my in-laws with another marathon day ahead of me. I have no idea how the scale feels, but I think my intake has been reasonable--at least to have maintained after Thanksgiving. I got most of my Christmas shopping done on Black Friday, which I'm really happy about. And I'm happy to report that some of my relatives have finally noticed my weight loss. Don't ask why this mattered so much to me, but after all my hard work for some reason it did. I hope everyone is hanging in there!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #128  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

MrsTrying--I read some old posts and realized how concerned you must be about your DH. Sounds like you have a great marriage, and you must be so worried. You guys just keep walking and keep moving and eat healthy. And let out all your worries here.

well 2# up today. Arg.
Tom arrived today. Double Argh.
A week early. Triple Aarrggh.

I'm not moving the tracker because these 2# are coming OFF!
I've been bad bad bad--two whole days without exorcise. Worked late yesterday--but that's no excuse. And the late night liquid donuts with hubby have got got got to go. I'm signing up for a 21 day challenge soon, so I can make that happen.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #129  

Hi all!

Staying in today and am determined to get some major decluttering and organizing done! I had a bad headache yesterday so I spent the afternoon and evening doing a whole bunch of nuttin.....

Goals for today:

Water water water
BBL
supplements

Low carb eating

Lets see how I do....
Old 11-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I had a swoosh Finally my Thai food binge is out of my system and I dropped nearly 3 pounds overnight. -- I was worried that I would not register a loss for the week, but now I am a tad bit lighter than I was a week ago Monday. Woot!! I am incredibly ready to kiss these 150's goodbye.

I absolutely adore WhiteHouseBlackMarket clothes. They had 30% off sale and I stocked up. Their sale items as well were all 30% off and I took a full advantage of that. I saved a ton. I bought pants one size too small that I have something to aim for.

Did you guys do any shopping? I BTW shopped online
I LOVE WHBM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #131  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Zumba we were separated at birth
Old 11-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Zumba we were separated at birth
Yes we were! Most of my clothes are from there or Boston Proper! I need to lose weight so I can fit into all my clothes again!! I can't afford to build up that wardrobe again.......
Old 11-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Oh, boy, you guys, I did NOT do a great job the last few days. Well, on Thursday I had planned to not worry about it. I ate to capacity around 1 p.m. and then did not have anything else the rest of the day. i didn't even manage dessert except for a few bites later that night when I could fit something in my stomach. So Thursday, while gluttonous, was okay for me. It was yesterday that was so bad! I completely fell apart around my family and went out for Mexican food at lunch (even there, I tried to not do too badly in that I ordered vegetable fajitas and guacamole). Still, I had some chips and probably ate too much overall. But it was dinner where I did the most damage. I had a martini AND glass of wine and TONS of pizza. *SIGH* I ate pizza like I haven't ever had it before and will never get it again. And then this morning, I had a scone and few cookies when I had planned to go right back to plan. What IS it about holiday weekends where I just lose all reason? It's like I don't want to lose the weight...

zumbachica - me too. Trying to drink tons of water. I feel so gross today!

SeeMy Feet -- what are liquid donuts?? (or do I want to know, lol)

Moving Forward - So awesome that people noticed your loss! I am nowhere NEAR a point where anyone would notice anything from me, especially not after the last two days!

Kelljpa - thanks for the welcome! omg, I need a big push right now. I honestly feel so discouraged after the last few days. I feel like all the weight I've lost in the last month has piled right back on. I know that's not true, as it's all water retention, but it's such an unpleasant feeling in my stomach!

Sum38 - Yay, whoosh! I love that feeling.

Zumbachica - LOL!! I didn't run yesterday, though, so am hoping to get to it today, although I am feeling VERY lazy today, haha.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #134  

Ole hat.....move on girl.....it's done. Holiday weekends get us out of routine..I know I'm out of sorts for sure...think about tomorrow.....
Old 11-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

My last quiet day a home. Cleaned house, ate healthy through the day, drank plenty of H2O & walked for nearly an hour late this afternoon. REALLY, REALLY hoping to move my ticker down tomorrow!!!

olehcat: We probably "fall apart" around family because it is "comfortable" for the most part. Holidays we probably feel that "they only come once a year so what's the harm?" The harm comes when we don't know when to say when. Moderation & control go right out the window. We need to learn to say this great little word: "No." Adding a thank you on the end is also appreciated.

SeeMyFeet: Yup! My hubby is really, really important to me. We've been each others yin & yang for so long...finish each others sentences, have the same thoughts & all the rest. I like the idea of a 21 day challenge. I think taking up a challenge is a great way to start a healthy habit. GOOD LUCK!!! Let us know how it goes!!!

MovingFoward: Congrats on having relatives notice your weight loss! I can hardly wait for mine to be noticed, but I knwo it's going to take awhile more. It's okay...it is a "goal" to reach, right?

BE HEALTHY! Enjoy whatever time you may still have before returning to work or school!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote