Old 11-25-2012, 02:01 AM   #136  

wowee guys you have all done sooooooo well...i admire your pluck and courage...i am only starting out and i have been a good girl for 7 days now...there is still room for improvement but i am working on it...but otherwise doing well...saying no and no thanks a lot...tis getting easier and easier...even ignoring the cravings and hunger...which is a first for me...i am determined to stay this out..i am not as physical as some for all sorts of reasons but i am trying...i have only just turned 40 and feeling old!!...now it is time to change!!...i have loved reading all of your posts and i hope you don't mind me sticky beaking..it has been a true inspiration..many thanks cheers liz
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizarddau View Post
wowee guys you have all done sooooooo well...i admire your pluck and courage...i am only starting out and i have been a good girl for 7 days now...there is still room for improvement but i am working on it...but otherwise doing well...saying no and no thanks a lot...tis getting easier and easier...even ignoring the cravings and hunger...which is a first for me...i am determined to stay this out..i am not as physical as some for all sorts of reasons but i am trying...i have only just turned 40 and feeling old!!...now it is time to change!!...i have loved reading all of your posts and i hope you don't mind me sticky beaking..it has been a true inspiration..many thanks cheers liz
Welcome Liz! I've never heard the term "sticky beaking" before. What exactly does it mean?
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #138  

lol sorry...it means sticking your nose into other peoples business..a busy body??...thanks for the welcome i do appreciate it...i am aussie so i will probably say strange things!!..rofl...cheers liz
Old 11-25-2012, 02:58 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by olehcat View Post
Oh, boy, you guys, I did NOT do a great job the last few days. Well, on Thursday I had planned to not worry about it. I ate to capacity around 1 p.m. and then did not have anything else the rest of the day. i didn't even manage dessert except for a few bites later that night when I could fit something in my stomach. So Thursday, while gluttonous, was okay for me. It was yesterday that was so bad! I completely fell apart around my family and went out for Mexican food at lunch (even there, I tried to not do too badly in that I ordered vegetable fajitas and guacamole). Still, I had some chips and probably ate too much overall. But it was dinner where I did the most damage. I had a martini AND glass of wine and TONS of pizza. *SIGH* I ate pizza like I haven't ever had it before and will never get it again. And then this morning, I had a scone and few cookies when I had planned to go right back to plan. What IS it about holiday weekends where I just lose all reason? It's like I don't want to lose the weight...

zumbachica - me too. Trying to drink tons of water. I feel so gross today!

SeeMy Feet -- what are liquid donuts?? (or do I want to know, lol)

Moving Forward - So awesome that people noticed your loss! I am nowhere NEAR a point where anyone would notice anything from me, especially not after the last two days!

Kelljpa - thanks for the welcome! omg, I need a big push right now. I honestly feel so discouraged after the last few days. I feel like all the weight I've lost in the last month has piled right back on. I know that's not true, as it's all water retention, but it's such an unpleasant feeling in my stomach!

Sum38 - Yay, whoosh! I love that feeling.

Zumbachica - LOL!! I didn't run yesterday, though, so am hoping to get to it today, although I am feeling VERY lazy today, haha.
Olehcat-- I think many of us are in the same boat with you. I've had a bunch of crap I wouldn't normally eat this weekend. We are out of our routines and in food centered social situations. I'm visiting my in-laws and while the meals have been great for me, all the goodies around are getting me. And tomorrow I'll be baking all day. Yikes! Hang in there. Monday is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTryingAgain View Post
My last quiet day a home. Cleaned house, ate healthy through the day, drank plenty of H2O & walked for nearly an hour late this afternoon. REALLY, REALLY hoping to move my ticker down tomorrow!!!

olehcat: We probably "fall apart" around family because it is "comfortable" for the most part. Holidays we probably feel that "they only come once a year so what's the harm?" The harm comes when we don't know when to say when. Moderation & control go right out the window. We need to learn to say this great little word: "No." Adding a thank you on the end is also appreciated.

SeeMyFeet: Yup! My hubby is really, really important to me. We've been each others yin & yang for so long...finish each others sentences, have the same thoughts & all the rest. I like the idea of a 21 day challenge. I think taking up a challenge is a great way to start a healthy habit. GOOD LUCK!!! Let us know how it goes!!!

MovingFoward: Congrats on having relatives notice your weight loss! I can hardly wait for mine to be noticed, but I knwo it's going to take awhile more. It's okay...it is a "goal" to reach, right?

BE HEALTHY! Enjoy whatever time you may still have before returning to work or school!!!
Good for you on the good behavior. I've talked to your scale. It will be nice to you. Also, I'm so glad other people get why it's nice to have your loss noticed. My brother-in-law apparently missed the big convo about it last night. At home, he asked my sis-in-law if I had lost a bunch of weight and then said he thought so, but wasn't sure if it was ok to ask. I wonder how many other people have felt the same way. I'm thrilled when people ask, unless I've been gaining of course! Your day will come soon. Something nice to look forward to.

---------------
I'm feeling pretty pooped after this weekend. It's all been good, but I'm looking forward to work on Monday. I hope everybody enjoys what is left of the weekend.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #140  

hmmm yes congrats on being noticed..one of the reasons why i have been so anti-diet for lack of a better word is my mum...she is forever on me about losing weight..heck i know what i look like and i know i have to lose it...she just harps on and on..this of course makes me rebel and go the opposite way...she forgets that she was once in the same boat as me...my mum yo yo dieted most of her life..even had her stomach stapled but put it all back on..she is now almost anorexic and does not eat much at all due to bad health...so i suppose i have learnt that yo yo dieting does not work that it is an attitude change, a life style change that counts....that i am willing to do...so i have not told my mum i am doing this and how committed i am...i just do not want to...she has a very negative attitude towards me and believes that i will not succeed and will give up...nah not happening...my uncle told me this and he would not lie to me...anyhows she will find out herself in due course...i hope that i feel okays about falling off the band wagon if i let it happen...i soooo hope i just get back on and ride that horse till its flogged...i am determined to do it!!...fingers, toes and eyes crossed!!..lol..lol..thanks for having me here!!...cheers liz
Old 11-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Ole hat - I'm with you girlfriend - I got on the scale this morning - 143 - up almost 5 pounds!! I've been doing like a Mardi Gras here! SHEESH!! LOL I have completely allowed myself to eat whatever I want whenever I want - uh, and most of it has been starchy carbs....

And what is worse - I ran 5K Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but the scale is STILL UP!!! A testament to my carb gluttony....

I will NOT beat myself up about it though - I told myself I was doing a "Vegas" weekend (what happens over Thanksgiving weekend, stays in Thanksgiving weekend...LOL). Tomorrow begins my holiday "bootcamp" until the Friday before Xmas - no alcohol (or any liquid calories), no starchy carbs, exercise 5 times a week....and I don't feel deprived about doing this during the holiday season - I saw what ONE weekend of indulgence has done to me - - certainly don't want to make it a MONTH of indulgence!!! LOL

That, and candidly I feel better when I'm exercising self discipline - it's like this personal power thing or something - gives me a feeling of strength and confidence....this weekend was like spring break in college - and candidly, every morning I woke up, felt bloated, yucky, craving carbs...sometimes its good to go off the wagon to appreciate how good it feels on it.

So today is my last day of "indulgence" - tomorrow will be a bear...but I'm going to prepare for it. Making lentil stew in the crockpot today...and going to try to eat less starchy carbs...maybe a veggie taco salad for dinner....but I AM going to enjoy some wine this evening....my last until Xmas!

Definitely need an Xmas break food plan that works better than this weekend did - I think I ate 10 stuffing balls since Thursday!!!

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm cyber shopping already...LOL
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Sheila - oh yes, omg, that awful jump in the scale. And I only ran once this weekend so far! But it will shift downward fast as soon as we get back into our regular routine. Let's just drink a LOT of water and in a few days things will probably jump down near to normal! *crosses fingers*

MrsTryingAgain - yep, so true. My big issue is not knowing how to control myself. Having one cookie is okay. Having five? Not so much. But when I'm in social situations or around my family, I get caught up in the moment and my willpower goes out the window. It really is my big trigger point for overeating.

zumbachica - yay, we can get back on the horse!

lizarddau - welcome! I have always been fascinated by Queensland Australia! My now ex-husband once almost got a position there and at the time I did all this research on it. I'd love to visit one day. It's too bad that your mum's not more supportive. I'm glad you are seeing that your'e doing this for YOU.

Moving Forward - yes! Monday! We can do this!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #143  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

It is snowing!! I love snow. I was going to take a day off from walking, but I may need to reconsider, I love snowy woods and how quiet they are.

Sheila22 I love your Vegas weekend...I will use that later on -- I gave up my wine last Wednesday...I actually feel better and more rested each morning. It was not that I drained a whole bottle each night, just a glass or two but I guess it affected my sleep patterns. Weight loss seems to come easier as well.

lizarddau and no you are not sticky beaking, love having you here!

Moving Forward I hope you can get some rest today!

MrsTryingAgain I hope your ticker moves as well

Zumbachica How does Boston Proper clothing run in size wise. I just got their cataloque for the first time and I was going to order some stuff from them.

olehcat You need to think like Sheila Vegas weekend!! -- Monday will get here and it is a new week

To everyone else
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

I GAINED ANOTHER TWO POUNDS!!! What the hay!!! This means WAR.....I can't believe how I'm on this downward spiral .....I have never felt so out of control in my life...... When I was on the scale this morning I almost started to cry....I don't remember weighing this much..in years....

SUM...I wonder if your snow is headed our way now. I would welcome it, the first snow is exciting, it gets old by the end of the season though. Boston Proper runs true to size....I never ordered their pants, only tops and dresses. Love love love anything i've gotten from them. Too bad none of it fits now

OLEHAT: I'm drinking water like a fish today in the hopes that that will help.

SHEILA: I don't know what a stuffing ball is but I want some....

LIZARDAU: how exciting to have an Aussie on board with us. I love how you word things. Welcome.....I have family in Oz and they used to visit . I remember my cousin telling me that she never had a twinkie.....You don't have the same junk food as we do which is probably a good thing.

Okay well, tomorrow it is back to the grind for most of us. I for one am happy to see this weekend over...I need to get back into a routine....Tonight i'm picking up ********** shakes from a friend. I am doing a three day cleanse to jumpstart some weight loss or at the very least get off this bloat....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #145  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Thank you everyone for making me feel like I am not alone! I ate out of control this weekend - I also gave myself permission to eat whatever whenever. I was going to make Sunday my back on plan day - and promptly started the morning with coffee and leftover brownies! Sheesh!

I know I can take control back over the rest of the day - but it's just so cold and the kids are home and - does anyone else like to eat big when the weather is cold? I guess it's a comfort thing? Anyway, I'm not sure if I can stay on track today or not - there is leftover deep dish spinach pizza in the fridge from last night (I didn't have any last night - stuck with veggie chili and (before you think I was too good) cheddar fries!). The good news is that we didn't have Thanksgiving at our house - we had a potluck at someone else's house - so there are no leftovers tempting me from the holiday meal.

Anyhow, good luck everyone - and again, thanks for letting me know that I am not alone in my struggles and that there is hope to get back on the wagon!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Do I stomp my scales to death? Or do I toss in front of a moving bus? Sorry, guys...I've been good, but my scales evidently didn't get the memo!!! Yup, I stepped on the scales this AM, it read 260...huh? Isn't that what I weighed last weigh-in? I checked that my scales were zeroed out...stepped on them again---260. Did this 3 times!!! Then I cussed the thing & put it away.
FINE!!! This week I'm going to be more diligent. I haven't quite decided what it'll be, but I'm bound & determined to make that thing LISTEN TO ME!! I'm the boss, not it! I do feel better than I did when I started back in early Oct., but it would be nice to see results.
Okay, I'm done ranting. I'm not going to let this derail me. I'm better than this! Just hope it doesn't screw up my projected goal.

SUM38: Enjoy the snow! We don't get it where I live. If we do, it's just a dusting (I live in the Sacramento Valley floor). But I do love to see it on the surrounding mountains! Hope the walk was awesome! I love walking in nature when it quiet. Did I mention the last time H & I walked the park we saw 2 otters...really cool.

guacamole: Yes, we have a tendency to eat during colder months. Not only is it comfort but it warms the body & soul. Plus on top of that we have holidays racked & stacked....Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. Think about how many get-togethers you have from the end of October thru to the end of January, Super Bowl time?

Zumbachica: I'm putting on my camo gear & my combat boots! I have to do the same thing! I'm going to kick butt! I'm sick & tired of the scale not moving downward. This ia a war WE are going to WIN! Remember NO PRISONERS!!!

lizarddau: We love anyone sticky beaking! (Love that term...gotta use it some time!) Glad we can inspire you! 7 days being good is an awesome start! Keep up the excellent work!!!

EVERYONE: Have a healthy & happy week! If you're off-track, get back on it ASAP! You can do this! Remember we are all on this journey together!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #147  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

As part of my 6 week challenge, Monday is the official weigh-in date for this particular group. - I lost 0.4 pounds last week; an inch of my chest; 1/4 of an inch of my waist and 3/4 inch of my hips. Even though my weightloss was not that big, I celebrate ir because I managed to drop something during a Holiday week

My personal official weigh in date is Friday... I am getting confused lol
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Okay Ladies! It's Monday! Holiday weekend is over and it's time to get back to basics!

I'm putting myself in a serious "bootcamp" for the next four weeks - which takes me to Friday December 21st...I will lose the weight I gained this weekend and hopefully a few more pounds before the Xmas holiday break! So - no starchy carbs (pasta, potatoes, bread, rice), no alcohol or any other liquid calorie, and I will exercise (either run or kickbox) 5 times a week. These first few days are going to be hard...but by next weekend I'll be back into the groove.

So - breakfast - 2 veggie sausage patties with a slice of veggie cheese - lunch - veggie chili (no crackers) from my favorite restaurant - kids don't have school and now that my daughter is driving I will meet them for lunch! Dinner - hmmm...might have my daughter pick up some black bean soup from Panera after she and my son are done Xmas shopping....I love that stuff!

Okay - so "Vegas" was fun, but now back to reality! Gotta hit the shower and get ready for work. Hope everyone has a great day!

Sheila
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Good morning, all!

It is Monday and already my schedule is "off" because I have jury duty this week. But I have a plan.

One thing about calorie counting and one reason that I feel reluctant to do it sometimes is that I feel so confused by the numbers. Some people say 1200 calories is too low, but others say it's just right for shorties over 40 (like me). My fitness pal gives me 1200 to lose 1 pound a week, even with exercise, which really isn't a huge loss considering how little food is involved. Some people claim they can't lose weight on 1200, but I see a lot of success stories here on the site of people who are losing very nicely on 1200 calories.

What about you guys? Are you counting calories to lose weight? What is your magic number, if so?

Sheila - yes, Vegas is over, alas. I know I partied hard, haha. I had friends over last night for a healthy dinner, but I still ate too much of it. I actually made homemade veggie chili in the crockpot yesterday. It's so easy to make at home and it's about 240 calories per a generous serving. Yum!

Sum38 - my personal weigh-in date is Fridays, but I didn't do it this past week because it was the day after Thanksgiving. I haven't weighed myself since Thanksgiving because I know I have a bunch of extra water weight on from the overeating and drinking. I will weigh myself on Friday and then after that start weighing every day again.

MrsTryingAgain - I KNOW how that feels, wanting to stamp your scale to death. Yep!

guacamole - yes, I know I love to eat when it's cold! I suggest making big pots of healthy soup because it will warm you up and satisfy you without all the calories!

Last edited by olehcat; 11-26-2012 at 07:54 AM.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #150  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

It sounds like everyone is doing great and staying on track during the holidays! WTG!!

I admit, I'm having troubles. I went through round two of being sick and the result was another nearly 3 pound loss in two, which I have quickly (sadly) made up for. I guess it's nice to know that I've been kind of a piggie but I'm not suffering any real consequences. However, that loss was a nice pay off for the misery.

But the sad thing is, it's not healthy loss. I'm still struggling, I'm not exercising, I'm low energy and I'm sure much of what I have lost is the good muscle I built up over the last year. I'm praying this is the last round I have with this bug, because I'm tired of the tired. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines of life, spending my evenings in bed by myself because I need the extra sleep.

Sorry to moan and groan.

Welcome lizarddau!!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote