Old 10-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #121  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I was trying to hold off until Friday to weigh but I couldn't resist today. I stepped on the scale and it was down 2 lbs, finally.
I know that food and not binging or overeating is my biggest hurdle. I have managed three on plan days this week. Going to make today four.
It's cold and rainy here. The snow word was even mentioned on the news this morning. Not ready for snow yet and would really like to see the sun soon.
Have a great Thursday all!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #122  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hooray for the 2 lbs loss NEMom!

As for me, the scale still read 153 this morning - BOO! I suppose it was the restaurant meal I indulged in with my husband yesterday. I was still within my calories, but, oh well.

On plan so far today....I am staying more stubborn than my fat! I feel like I am circling my fat self and staring her in the eye to see who will back down first. It won't be me!

Good luck today, everyone!

Last edited by guacamole; 10-25-2012 at 11:23 AM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies!

So glad to be able to catch up with you all. Happy to report that my Mother-in-law came through her surgery OK. She will be in the hospital a little longer than orignally thought and, what they thought was just a routine surgery to make sure she doesn't have cancer turned into a full hysterectomy because she has cancer. She is 78 and is a breast cancer survivor from many years ago so this news is upsetting to her (of course).
Now our family will have to work together to find a place for father-in-law to live (he had a stroke many years ago and MIL was his primary caregiver) for several months while she undergoes chemo. They live in a rural area where travel to recieve the chemo will be difficult. She will need help at home as the chemo treatments will make it impossible for her to care for herself Many challenges lie ahead for my husband and his brothers I am afraid.

Changing topics now...

One good thing about being at a hospital is that the cafeterias have well balanced meals available and I have been able to stay on plan all week!
I wont be able to make it to a WW meeting tomorrow but plan on weighing myself here at the hospital just so I can verify I am still on track.

Here's hopin' anyhow...
syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #124  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Morning

I am doing a happy dance this morning. Today is my official weigh-in day and I lost 3 pounds this week! Since I started OP I have lost nearly 5 pounds (in two weeks).

My girlfriend is coming to visit me today. She lives about an hour away. If weather is decent we will go for a walk and then out to lunch. -- Today will be my splurge/spike day. I will even enjoy some wine tonight.

Today

Weight 153.5
Exercise walk 4.5 miles & Elliptical 25 min

bfast
none
lunch
TBD
dinner
pork loin, steamed veggies, wine

total 2000-2400 cal
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #125  
Fat to Fab and Fit

syndehat I am glad to hear that your MIL is mending okay. I am sending her positive thoughts!!

guacamole BooHoo for the 153. On a positive side...now we can do this together I am at 153.5.

NEMom Congrats on your 2 pounds!!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Good morning everyone......have not been able to stay OP...I tend to lose it at the end of the day and also when i'm around people who are NOT OP. I went to dinner at a friends house last night and she took out halloween candy, I had a few pieces of that and then had a WW dessert, low in points, HIGH IN CARBS which is what i'm trying to avoid. I felt really awful afterwards and came home and had fritos. Basically I had another binge, and I truly loathe myself this morning.

Im meeting a friend for lunch after I teach my class today and I already told myself that I am ordering a salad and that is IT. no ifs ands or buts. I need to get serious. Going to a dance jam this weekend so that will help me burn off mega calories, getting my Insanity dVD done sometime this afternoon!! Waking up muscles and it feels good!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #127  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Sum - Congrats on your 3lb loss. Awesome!!!! Have a nice lunch date with your friend.

Zumba - Night time binging is one thing I really and truly struggle with. If I have one piece of candy it turns into 20. Last night I wanted to binge so badly, I was planning what I could eat when my DH left for work so I could binge without anyone seeing me. Luckily, I fell asleep so I was able to stay away from the kitchen. Have fun at your mega dance this weekend.

I weighed in this morning at 165.2 down .8 since yesterday for a total loss this week of almost 3lbs. I know some of it maybe water weight loss but I will take it just the same.
I have had 4 OP days this week. Tonight I am going out with a girlfriend to dinner but I am going to stay on plan and away for dessert. I am planning on having a good food weekend, I do not want to start the week with a gain.

Have a great OP weekend all!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #128  
Going for a Personal Best

Hello!!! I am so glad you are all so faithful to posting - please know that even when you're not having great days, your posts are still motivating to read, and you are all amazing for your efforts! Wish I could buy you all a round of <low cal, non fat, energizing> drinks!!

It's been a few weeks since i posted, but I'm catching up on reading things, here. Kicking myself for not checking in more regularly - it really helps to hear about everyone's challenges and progress, and makes me less bummed out when my own challenges come up! I've been trying to workout, eat right, etc. but the scale is going UP!! Ai yi yi. I'm losing my mind over it, because I feel like I'm really working hard on all the right things, and to see these results is really disheartening...

I've been cutting carbs (no bread, rice, grains, cereal, pasta, etc.), have switched to 100 cal/6 carb tortillas when I 'need' something to make a sandwich or whatever. I've cut out most sugar (nothing with 'added sugar', just naturally occuring in like, milk or vegetables, for example), added running to my workouts, and have set a 7:00 curfew on eating. Sigh. And the scale goes UP?!?! Is there no justice in this world?!?!

I am going to keep on with it. Guac, i LOVED your line, above: "I am staying more stubborn than my fat!" I am not going down without a fight, and I'm not going to surrender at this point. More cardio, maybe, more walking, maybe, start better portion control, maybe...something has to break through this...

Kids had trick-or-treat last night (early, I know, but that's how they roll, here!) and so it's officially the beginning of what I consider 'The Holiday Season' - treats, extra temptations, parties, extra activities to squeeze in, hard to stick to schedule, colder days, darker mornings/evenings. All the things that can derail my plans and motivation. I am going to take some time to figure out a good, strong defensive plan - anything that will get me through without losing my grip on my efforts!!

So far, I have NOT had any candy at all. Definitely a challenge, though!! I even had to help the kids open some of the treats, so I was up-close-and-personal with the chocolate/caramel/peanutty temptations. Had to wash my hands after!! I hope by typing that out, I will be motivated to continue, because I'd really hate to have to come back and confess that I fell of the wagon!! <haha> honestly, after a week or so of 'lesser carbing' as I call it, I really don't have the cravings that I'd normally have to fight. Just knowing that I've gotten to that sweet spot of craving control may be enough motivation to not want to mess it up. When I'm eating higher carb/sugar, I really do feel like I've lost my mind when it comes to staying on track...

Race is looking cold and very wet, with the storm that's moving up the coast. I'm crossing my fingers that it's going to be okay...I dont' want to get stuck there in the mud!! Will be going out today or tomorrow to buy suitable running clothes - with the obstacles and mud bogs, something that doesn't hold water is a 'must' (i.e. NOT my usual cotton!!) Hope to stay warm enough by running - I really hate being cold!

Laters!! Gotta get to work. Happy Friday vibes to all - keep up the AWESOME job of hanging in there!!!
gracenoted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #129  

NE mom..thanks for understanding about binging....I feel such shame about that......good so far today.......
Old 10-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #130  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

{{hug}} Zumba, if you haven't already you might want to scroll around chicks in control, there's some great stuff on that board, too.

Great job Sum and NEMom, Guac, your loss will come, that happens to me sometimes, DH has like almost like clockwork a week where the scale doesn't move or like last week, he was up one then lost 3 this week.

Syndehat, glad to hear your mom-in-law is doing well.

Grace, good luck with the race, I might try something like that next summer, getting in better and better shape for a race.

It's funny, I'm meeting my girl friend from work for lunch tomorrow, it seems like there's alot of that going around this week, I've been thinking about suggesting Ruby Tuesday, for the salad bar. It'll be fun.

best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-26-2012 at 10:24 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Ladies!

So sorry I've been AWOL!

I'm doing well - still stuck at 138/139....but I ran a 5K on the treadmill today, will do the same tomorrow - and I head to Asia for two weeks on Sunday (I made sure all hotels have an exercise room!)

As much as the time zone change is painful, the reality is that I use the airplane time for journaling, knitting and reflection (NO EMAIL OR WORK! ), and I use the no kid time to work out! My goal on this trip is to come home and weigh in at 133 (5 pounds) - I know I can do it...but this trip will be brutal - 9 flights in 13 days and 5 time zones...uh, no alcohol at all - - I'll be drenching myself with water!!

...and Hurricane Sandy is throwing a monkey wrench into my flight to China on Sunday - - keep your fingers crossed that I'm not sleeping in an airport.

Bought a new journal for this trip - my "50 pounds down" journal - - when I hit 133 I will have lost 50 pounds - so this is an important trip (and makes the brutal nature of the thing a lot more "purposeful" )

So, I don't know if I will be able to check in for the next two weeks - but want you all to know you're in my thoughts and are my motivation - I want to come back and post my 50 pounds down achievement!

And Guac - I SOOO understand the closet thing - I gave SOOO many clothes to Goodwill...like really nice designer suits, etc...right now I have only sizes 4-8 in my closet - and I can wear the 4s (some of them), and definitely the 6s, but I'm keeping the size 8s "just in case".....I know that sounds crazy - after all, we will monitor our weight and we clearly know how to "do this" if we pop above our size X weight....I guess for me it's just a crutch - - that candidly I intend to get rid of --- it's all psychological, but really saying "I don't know if I can sustain and maintain"...so my next step when I get home from this trip is to purge the size 8s....so if my size 6s start to get tight, I have to literally go and buy bigger clothes - which will motivate me to get back on track vs. just having the crutch in the closet.....
....but for now, they are there....so don't beat yourself up about it...honestly when I got rid of my size 10-14 clothes it was really hard - I mean SERIOUSLY hard and scary!!! You've done the same, and now you're on the next phase..(as am I)...and we both have big clothes in our closets...lol...when we are ready, we will purge....

Well, it's 1am here...I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

-S
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #132  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I felt sick after eating out (incl 3 margaritas) and eating Halloween candy. I was soooo looking forward to my spike day and body went "no, mam, I am not happy". -- Therefore It was not as much fun as I anticipated. -- Funny how eating healthy feels so good now and eating junk feels terrible.

Scale jumped 3 pounds (expected) after having such carb rich day.

Today
weight 156.5
exercise walk 5 miles

bfast
none
lunch
split pea soup
dinner
ahi tuna, rice and guacamole

total cal 1200
Old 10-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #133  

No change in the scale......loathing myself today....it's like all my workouts don't count.! I went out last night and felt super frumpy.......I'm tired of feeling this way and I miss my clothes..

Okay that was my rant!,,,,,, getting back on the wagon today and plan on dancing tonight for a few hours.......gotta get my mojo on again....have a great weekend all,,,,,,!,,,,
Old 10-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #134  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

....trying again.....

I just read up on everyone's October to learn the ropes here.

I first signed up in Aug, with high expectations to start a new journey. I had roaring success for a time, then lost my way. I did not completely fall off the wagon, but I did lose a lot of motivation. Since then, I've endured work-and family-related drama, a difficult birthday made worse by having a big fight with DH (entirely my fault), and other stupid stuff. Excuses, I know. I got a bit down, felt unworthy, and even removed all my posts here because I felt I didn't belong.

Well, I've hit re-set and I'm ready to go. Again.

I hate the way I feel, and I am truly ashamed of the way I look most every moment of the day. It's a horrible way to feel, and I'm determined to change that. You know, I like Winter simply because I can hide underneath more clothing. But come Spring, there will be a metamorphosis! This is the last Winter I will wear these fat rags of mine, and I can't wait to get rid of them in the Spring! I am looking forward to being physically stronger and more energized. (I am also praying for menopause.)

I will focus on the goals I had in Aug--they worked for me. Exercise every day. Healthy food. Count calories. Log consumption. Positive thoughts. And this chunky caterpillar is looking forward to gaining more inspiration from reading about your challenges and successes.

Mojo Rising
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #135  
Fat to Fab and Fit

My spike "day" turned into spike "days" I had bought all the Halloween candy and I started sampling some and some more. Now I have INTENSE carb cravings that I need to deal with. Scale has jumped 2.5 pounds but that was totally expected... I am carrying sugar bloat So back on the wagon today. I took all the candy and put them in the garage; out of sight, out of mind.

Today
weight 156
exercise elliptical 30 min

bfast
green tea
lunch
split pea soup
dinner
chicken and veggies
snacks
TBD
total cal 1200-1400