Old 10-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Guac: Yes, water retention is the worse....I am guilty of it also especially in the winter when I don't get enough water down..but it is so important. There is no medical evidence that suggest that drinking water helps us lose weight but I know I feel so much better personally when I am hydrated.

SUM: Kudos to you for giving up coffee.I don't think I could ever do that! My sister has done it and swears by green tea, I can only drink it iced. Keep up the good work.

My workout today: I did my Insanity DVD and then taught my Zumba class. I would have gone for a walk on the beach also (it is beautiful out today) but didn't want to over do it. I am back on the low carb wagon and so far today i'm good, cna't speak for last night though when i had two choco tacos! I really have no self control....but every day is a new day ....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #107  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi all, Sum, sorry I haven't been on to post, saw you "talking to yourself" lol my official goal at the moment is 150, that's my doc adjusted WW goal, I'd really like to get to 140 or 145 whichever I can maintain...

had a good OP weekend, we have our treat day friday, then a little better sat, then back on sunday, this weekend we were extra good for some reason, started the week off on a good note, instead of having some extra lbs. to shed (our goal is 1 lb. per week, which sometimes seems like 5 depending on how "free" the weekend was )

Guac, I really feel it when I don't drink my water, it's funny when I go on a "dry" spell, I can go days without drinking a drop and it doesn't seem to bother me, but once I get back into the regular making sure I get at least 60 oz. in I get thirsty if I don't drink.

I guess it's urban legend or something, but I've always heard that drinking water helps to flush out your system, and WW used to say (haven't been in awhile...) that if you don't drink water your body will hold onto what it's got (kind of like food, when you don't give it enough it'll start to store instead of burn).

Rainy so I couldn't walk outside so I did my 4 miles on the treadmill, thank goodness for the Kindle, reading a scary story in honor of Halloween approaching!

NEMom, keep at it, you're still an inspiration to me!

Welcome Zumbachica, I'm interested in trying zumba, maybe I'll find a class for the winter, I'm seriously worried about what I'm going to do when I can't walk outside, I keep thinking about just using the snowshoes everyday, but there has to be snow...

Guac, on your clothes issues, I am finding for some reason I seem to be fitting into smaller clothes than when i was this weight before, I thought maybe it was my imagination, but reading your post made me think it's true, I guess we're more toned or something...I was told to get rid of all my bigger stuff and just keep one thing to remind me, I remember my mortification when that one pair of jeans I was wearing again, I still have them, they're all ripped up and really worn out now, but they're my reminder that you have to stay vigilant once you get to goal again.

Anyway, you "chicks" (I wrote guys at first, didn't seem right) are great, thanks for being there for me!!

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #108  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

holy cow, I didn't realize I wrote that much!
Sum, I gave up coffee when I went on a juice fast, after 3 days I felt ok again...I'm down to one cup in the morning, instead of 2, so if I do it again the withdrawal won't be as bad...
Old 10-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #109  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, ladies. Can I join you here? I was a very active poster in the 40-somethings a few years ago, when I started at 186 and got down to and maintained around 157. We all know the familiar story - gained it back and then some. I've been working ardently since April to get back down to my goal of 153. As of this morning, I've lost 36 pounds, and still going.

I've come to realize that I can't keep doing this, the yo-yo. This *has to be* for good. Not only for mental happiness but for physical well being.

So, I'm here. Hopefully to give and receive support as we travel this road together.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #110  

Kelijpa I'm a zumba instructor which is probably what is helping me from gaining huge amounts of weight, I struggle with the last twenty....I think Zumba is a great workout however, I suggest you try different instructors to find one that is the most challenging
because we all don't teach the same or have the same style. Go for a "harder" or more "challenging" class....you'll burn more calories that way.

Newleaf: I know all about gaining the weight back, I have been the human yo yo for the last twenty years. Still, I feel like at this point in my life I have to make a last ditch effort to really adopt a healthy lifestyle that will help me get the weight off and keep it off. I know people that have done it, so why can't I? Mental happiness and physical well being go hand in hand. I know how euphoric I felt when I was at my fighting weight, and when the woman in WHBM said "Honey, you're a size four" it was like winning publishers clearning house or something! So get on the road to where you need to go, I'll be traveling right there beside you!!

Starting the morning off with a big HIGH PROTEIN breakfast so that I"m not tempted to overeat the rest of today, i've been having really bad cravings at night and last night induldged in a lousey choco taco......I won't be buying that stuff anymore, kids or no kids. It can't be in the house until i get my cravings under control.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #111  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Hi,

I am so excited. I lost another 1/2 pound. I am enjoying this woosh. -- I am getting greedy
I ended up around 1600-1800 calories. I had a bowl of ice cream with all sorts of toppings but I had walked and I also had hopped on elliptical for 10 minutes, therefore I had plenty of exercise calories to burn.

Today
Weight 153.5
Exercise walk 4.5 miles & Elliptical 15 min

Bfast
None
Lunch
Split pea soup (home made )
Boiled egg
Dinner
Chicken with veggies and black beans
Snacks
TBD
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #112  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I lost all my personals BBL to redo them.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #113  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Okee take 2....

Zumba When is your divorce final? -- I hope things settle down after that

newleaf123 These ladies are wonderful!!

kelijpa Congrats on staying OP!! -- Isn't it divine?? I am addicted to staying OP now...it has been 1 1/2 weeks and it is getting easier. I had some ice cream last night and I felt soooo guilty, even though I was within my calories

guacamole I just read that scale actually reflects our weight gain/loss from 4 days prior (unless it is sodium of course...), so maybe you had a bad day 4 days ago and scale just caught up with you? -- I don't know how true that statement is, but it was supposingly made by a diet doctor....

NEMom I have the same problem.... somehow this last week and a 1/2 I have resisted all sort of snacking. -- It feels it is getting easier.

Last edited by Sum38; 10-24-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #114  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Good morning all!
I had a good food day yesterday and will really work ong keeping my food on plan today. Trying to string three on plan days together.
Snuck on the scale this morning. No movement. I know it will, just need to stay on top of my food intake.
Got my exercise in this morning so that is good. Just got to keep my food in line.
Happy Hump day!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #115  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, all! Thanks zumba and kelijpa for the advice and feedback on water consumption and retention. Sum38 - I hope the scale is having a delayed reaction to the weekend and will go back down in a few. The scale was up again this morning to 153, despite having an on plan day yesterday! So frustrating!

I biked for 10 miles today, had a heavy lunch with my husband, but so far am still well within my calorie range. I am determined to be more stubborn than my fat!!!!

Hope you all have an on plan day today!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #116  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Where is Sheila?
Old 10-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #117  

Logging in for the day....calorie count was over 1200, but net carbs were super low...just what i set out to do today. My workout was my Insanity DVD...second day of doing it and am embarassed to say I couldn't get through the whole thing....it is super hard but what I need right now. body is used to Zumba, I need a little push! Or in this case a big push!! Still proud of myself for getting through it as much as I did and towards the end of the day no less.

Sum, to answer your question it could be another year....lots of assets to fight over and custody fight....Im starting to get worn down..or maybe i'm beyond worn down and i'm just numb right now. Thanks for asking.......
oh and congrats on the woosh you have been on!!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #118  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Hello all, things going pretty good, got caught out in the rain walking today, but luckily had the umbrella so I stuck it out.

NEMom and Guac, I hate when the scale doesn't react the way I think it should, I try not to get too wrapped up in it, but it "hurts" sometimes when I feel I've been good or better than good.

Zumbachica, thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind, {{hug}} for the trials you're going through, have had some friends go through similar trials, my one friend ended up painting decorative designs on furniture, she said it kept her mind occupied on something other than the divorce, she made some beautiful things, hope things get better for you.

Sum, as Zumba said congrats on the woosh, you're a breath of fresh air

Welcome Newleaf and congrats on your loss so far, that's great, I can't wait 'til I've lost 36!!

Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #119  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

KelijPA - we have a lot in common; similar start and goal weights, and also from PA. Although it was sunny and gorgeous here today, so we must not be in the same area. It's a big state... (says she who hails from Massachusetts)

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Oh, and here's a nice little NSV for the day; I took a fasting cholesterol blood test on Friday. Got the call from the doctor's office today -- my "good" cholesterol is exceptionally high and my "bad" cholesterol is quite low. Yay!

Last edited by newleaf123; 10-24-2012 at 08:51 PM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:01 AM   #120  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Greetings my lovely friends,

Celebrating yet another OP day Calories ended around 1500 for the day, and according to my fitbit, I burned 2677 calories. -- I woke up feeling puffy and bloated tho... I ate a TV style meal for dinner and my body obviously does not like the sodium. Scale went up a pound as well. -- No more commercially made meals for me... I have been cooking everything from scratch and it has agreed with me.

Today:
weight 154.5
exercise walk 6.5 miles & elliptical 20 min

bfast
none
lunch
split pea soup
dinner
chicken with homemade pesto, from my garden , brocoli and rice
cal 1200 + snacks