Old 10-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #16  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all! Sounds like fall is most of your favorite time of year. I love the cooler weather and the colors but I HATE that it is dark when I get up and there is only an hour of sunlight when I get off work.
I am getting really discouraged. My scale is up to 165 the last couple of days and I just do not understand why. Have I been 100% OP, no, but I have not been 'bad' enough to explain a four pound gain. Kept hoping it was just water weight but it is not coming off.
I have struggled to maintain my original loss for over a year and for the past year have been stuck and cannot get the last 10lbs off that I want. Beginning to wonder if I am stuck in the 160's forever. I have plenty of fat to loose yet, just won't go away.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5`2

Sum38- I have a part time job of sorts. It's a small cafe open 2 days a week. But I'll be moving in a year or so and I so I'll have to change my job. I'm thinking of taking a med tech or pharmacy tech course. I've got no marketable skills really.

NEmom- do you have a diet buddy? My friend and I message each other every morning after hopping on the scale. It really helps keep us motivated.

Last edited by InATizzy; 10-03-2012 at 10:03 AM.
InATizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #18  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

InATizzy My DD is studying to be a pharmacist, and one of the possible PT jobs was a pharm tech. I know CVS hires with out certification, they "train" their own.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #19  
Becoming A Better Me

good afternoon ladies~
NE that is definitely a downfall for me the getting dark earlier it makes me shut down so much quicker n so much harder to motivate in the a.m. (im already NOT a morning person as it is). but since i know that once winter comes my whole demeanor changes for the negative i just really try to soak in as much as i can now! i feel the same about my 2teens i just cant seem to get out of them! i feel changes in me n my body but not in the scale, it drives me nuts!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #20  

Location: Boulder, CO- but moving back to NJ in less than one week!

S/C/G: 252/185/135

Height: 5'4"

Ah, another sign it is October here in Colorado- the mountains are forecast to get snow tonight. SO glad I will be out of here before the snow starts in the foothills later this month. Hoping for no snow in NJ until around Thanksgiving!
xirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #21  
Fat to Fab and Fit

xirene SNOW!!! I LOVE SNOW! -- We are thinking about moving to CO in 2 years
Old 10-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #22  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I should not be so happy about the winter... my flu turned out to be a nasty one. My ear started bleeding today...another burst ear drum; throat infection, double ear infection, sinus infection and upper respiratory infection....fun, fun, fun!! And TOM should get here in a day or two
Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #23  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

oh my gosh Sum, I feel so bad for you, that's terrible. Get well soon!

I felt better today, weird day it's been chilly so I dressed warm and walk out and it's like 60 degrees and humid, I stuck it out with the layers, but had to take off my sweater when I walked today. DH made tilapia and mashed cauliflower it was so good, I had to stop from stuffing myself, I thought it's only cauliflower (I think I'm spelling that wrong) but figure it's still not ok to stuff yourself til you feel like it's coming out your ears...

NEMom, I say again you should focus on how great you're doing keeping it off, especially if it's a struggle, think how many people would have given up, when your body is ready you'll get down. If I could have maintained like you are I wouldn't still need to lose 30 lbs. I'm proud of you!

They mentioned some wet snow possible in the higher elevations, I choose to ignore for now, the leaves are still changing, I want it to slow down a bit, although I love snowshoeing...

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 262/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Sum38, you poor thing! Ear infections are the worst not to mention all the other stuff you are dealing with! I hope you feel better soon!

I am just at the beginning of this journey and I am already struggling. I was so hungry yesterday that I ate more than usual. At least it wasn't junk, but I did eat more of my regular food than normal. I think I am starting to PMS so that is probably why. Also, I am went back to school to get my master's in nursing (almost done!) and my schedule with my student teaching this semester is horrible! I do eat better when I am busy though so that is one plus!

Hoping I get into the groove of this lifestyle change soon!
angien075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #25  
Fat to Fab and Fit

angien075 Sometimes it is sooooo hard to start. Do you log your food to keep yourself accountable? Myfitnesspal.com is awesome, it is like a facebook for dieters. (Anyone feel free to add me Kristiina67....see ALL i's ) I also set a stop watch on my phone between each meal. Sounds crazy but it works.... I want to see LONG stretches between meals.

Welcome, and happy to have you here!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #26  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

kelijpa- Thank you for the kinds words. I do need to take time to give myself credit for maintaining my loss even though it has been a struggle.

Sum - OMG girlie. I feel so bad for you! I hope you get some good drugs and feel better soon!

My scale was down just a little bit this morning .8 oz. Not sure why it is so high, I was hoping the increase was water weight but it should be gone by now. SIGH. I have kept my food low and still exercise 5 days a week. Hoping to see a drop soon.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:21 AM   #27  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5`2

Thanks for the CVS info Sum38.

TGIF! I'm so glad this week is over. I've been walking over 10000 steps per day and eating has been good but not perfect. Zero weight loss on the scale. I know my numbers will change soon.
InATizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #28  
Fat to Fab and Fit

InATizzy I am as well happy that it is TGIF!!!

What a lousy week I had. I think I am getting better, tho. Meds are kicking in. Flu season sucks.

NEMom Hopefully the weight it is just your muscles repairing themselves! Just watch, you will have a nice drop on a scale when you least expected it.

Surprisingly, my scale is down 2 1/2 pounds since Saturday. BUT.... I was REALLY bloated and heavy because of TOM. I still have ways to go to get back down to 140's....

I am definitely taking a 4-5 mile walk today. My furbaby is about to burst because momma has been sick and as you all know, kids don't actually exercise their pets

Have a fit and fab day everyone!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #29  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

It's a beautiful day today, I'm going to get out and enjoy it.
I had to get a little pep talk from DH this morning, I was only down .4 at our weekly weigh-in, for some reason I was expecting to lose tons, I don't know why, well I do know why, flawed thinking, I let myself get so caught up in it this week...actually shed a couple tears.

When I logged my weigh-in on the weekly board, i saw that I've lost 6 lbs. over the last 5 weeks, so I need to stop feeling sorry for myself, any loss in TOM week is good and reading Sum's message to NEMom, I know this week's work is going to carry over to make next week better...no great expectations though...

best to all and thank goodness for DH and 3FC!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #30  

Location: Boulder, CO- but moving back to NJ in less than one week!

S/C/G: 252/185/135

Height: 5'4"

Woke up to 1/2" of snow on grass and trees this morning. WAY too early for that white stuff! One week to go until the move, Colorado couldn't wait until I was gone, eh?

Wearing my new size 16 jeans. Looked in the mirror and for the first time in years, my first thought was "I look pretty good!" not "OMG I look so fat..."
xirene is offline   Reply With Quote