Breakfast

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Protein Shake! and some fruit (apple or cantaloupe) yummmm
  • Double-shot latte with whole milk
    Hot whole-grain cereal with a few raisins, a sprinkle of chopped nuts, and a dab of honey
  • This morning I tried a new steel cut oats recipe that includes dried tart cherries and it tasted almost like cherry pie. It felt too delicious to be good for me...
  • I love breakfast ideas!
  • i have a variety....most days it is fruit rock melon and some kiwi fruit and morning tea is an apple..if i want a hot breaky i do some tomatoes and onions and mushrooms in the oven drizzled with olive oil and balsamic with cracked pepper and garlic powder..tis yummy...i enjoy this while hubby has sausages bacon and eggs..lol...lol..lol oh of course i have a berocca and also a coffee but i span it out so that my breaky is eaten in several hours lol..lol..lol..cause i get sooo early!!...cheers liz
  • 1/2 c old fashioned oats+1 tsp spirulina 1tsp chia seeds
    and ..
    with only one of the options here:
    1tbsp bosenberry jam
    1/4 c unsweetned apple sauce
    1/4 c pineapple blended
    1 serving pumpkin

and if I desire to do o I add a laughing cow wedge for the taste of fat. It's my indulgence.
    My breakfast are usually 425 calories and under. This is satieting (sp?)
  • I pretty much eat the same thing every morning:

1 coffee, with almond milk instead of creamer
    1/2 cup egg whites
    multigrain bread with laughing cow lowfat cheese wedge

egg whites give me enough protein to sustain me until 11am, for my late morning snack!
  • When I got sick, I found that the addition of breakfast became necessary to avoid nausea. Cereal or other carby foods didn't help, or would make it worse. I started cooking up a gigantic batch of scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage and tortillas, with shredded cheese. I make about 2 dozen breakfast burritos, put them in the fridge and everyone in my family of 5 is allowed to have one a day (the goal is to last a week). I love it! It's easy to heat, carry and eat. I measure each portion with a measuring cup so I know the calories are more or less the same in each one.
  • i am getting a bit lazy with breaky lately and i have discovered a shake that is low in fats, sugars and carbs so i have one of them to start the day..i add some chia seeds and some almond milk...never had the almond milk before but love it..so i think i will buy it from now on!!...cheers liz
  • almond milk is great, I have some steel cut oats in the cupboard, need to cook them up. I'm having oatmeal with almond milk, walnuts, wheat germ, frozen blueberries, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
  • Eggs....eggs.....and more eggs....
  • Does anyone besides me not eat breakfast? At this age, to lose anything, I find I have to keep my daily calories below 1200. I'm not usually that hungry in the mornings anyway, so I generally just have 2 cups of coffee. It seems like for me, once I start eating, I want to keep eating - so I try to put off the first meal of the day as long as possible. I usually have a 300 calorie lunch, and a 600 calorie dinner, with the final 300 calories in afternoon and evening snacks.
  • I ALWAYS eat some sort of breakfast. ALWAYS! I find it helps me start out on track thus stay on track all day long.
    It can be as simple as some granola with a little yogurt & fruit. Or old fashioned oatmeal with a slice whole grain or dark rye toast. Or a scrambled agg with that same toast. I have about oz. of low-fat milk and of course MY COFFEE!!! No, coffee & Gail isn't awake nor pleasant the rest of the day....

Linda, I know what you mean about wanting to do anything. And also about wanting to continue the eating through the day. I just have these filling breakfast & I really don't feel hungry til lunch, if then. But I've found since I am on an eating schedule I never feel famish, deprived & the binges seem to be a thing of the past. I think a contented tummy is the key. I have a mix of all types of tastes that I love sweet, salt, etc... I think that is what knocks us off course. Not mixing it up & we miss that whatever we aren't eating. To wrap this up, see weight loss as a 3 legged stool...healthy balanced eating with exercise & support/encouragement. Lacking in one can cause your little stool to lean & fall over. OOooops!

Today was an oatmeal day. Really cold out there & I had plenty of time this AM. YUMMY!!!
  • my morning mix : one light yogurt, 1/2 cup fiber one cereal original kind, and 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese.....I mix it all up together.

some mornings I will just have a slice of double fiber toast and a poached egg.
  • I have always been a cereal person and I still have that but I tried a friatta(okay, it's a glorified omlette) and I fell in love with them. You can put any veggies in them and they're super easy to make. Last week it was a Spinach Fritatta with all kinds of veggies and cheese. Surprisingly not too high in points either!