What diet are you following?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I'm calorie counting. No restrictions on any food. I'm just trying to eat smaller portions and get in lots of walking, stretching, yoga, exercise DVDs etc.
    10 years ago, I lost 20lbs by lifting light weights everyday and doing The Firm.

What are you doing?
  • calorie/macro nutrient counting, whole foods. work out at YMCA 5 days a wk, cardio, strength (alternating muscle areas) n abs plus 30minute nightly dog walk.
  • I've been doing calorie counting with Bodybugg for over a year now. Recently, I switched to Yoli (and still using Bodybugg), a diet plan that involves drinking shakes and taking supplements. I've been exercising, primarily boot camp, with some running. Since school started, exercise has dropped as a priority, though. I'll get back to it, but I will focus on my running instead.
  • I am new in this journey but I am counting calories. I have not started exercising yet but plan to in the future.
  • Calorie Counter here.
  • I have dieter's ADD, so when I get bored by my food plan, I change it. I've used at least five or six different food plans to lose the 105 lbs I've lost so far.

Right now I'm alternating "The Simple Diet" with a Paleo exchange plan. On busy days, or days when I'm not feeling up to cooking, I use The Simple Diet (two meals of 300 calories or less, 3 shakes, and 5 or more servings of freggies).

I always have to have a portion and calorie controlled plan. I stall on any unlimited plan. I prefer exchange plans as my calorie-counting element. I find that low and reduced carb plans work best for me. I'm less hungry and lose more consistently, so I usually use a reduced-carb exchange plan (and try to make paleo friendly choices to fulfill those exchanges).

It may sound more complicated than "straight" calorie counting, but I actually find it easier (probably because I've been using exchange plans since I was 8 years old). It's a lot easier for me to remember that most veggies translate into 1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked per veggie exchange (and contain about 25 calories) than it is to look up each food individually.
  • Freggies! I like that!
  • DASH diet for me. This low sodium diet has done wonders for my blood pressure and cholesterol. I think I've finally found an eating plan that works for me and that I can live with. Learning how to cook without salt and how to avoid high sodium foods has been a real eyeopener for me.
  • I've been on Weight Watchers Online since January and I added calorie counting a few months after that. My primary tool is WW but I find that MyFitnessPal gives me information that WW doesn't and visa versa.
  • I'm calorie counting using the LoseIt app. I'm eating tons of fruits and veggies because they fill me up and give me bang for their calorie buck. I'm also walking on my treadmill almost every day.
  • Calorie Count and Lose It ap. Just like Moving Forward. =)
  • Calorie counting with Sparkpeople. I did it over the summer and wasn't losing, according to the RD I saw it was because i was training for trithalons. That's done, I'm still fat, so I'm back to it - lower calories and less exercise. Just walking every night for 30-45 minutes, maybe one day of running a little.

It's REALLY hard to lose weight at 40. I lost 20 pounds at age 20 (I moved in with a boyfriend and started eating like him) and it melted off with Weight Watchers and walking. This time around, it is stapled, nailed and duct-taped to me. Really really frustrating.
  • I'm on Atkins for the second time. I lost 30lbs the first time, then took a break, gained a few back and now I'm on it to reach my ultimate goal.

I'm on induction day 6, going to the gym 2-3 times per week and 1hr x 2 martial arts classes each week as well.

I have a ton of health issues, migraines, gluten intolerance, fibromyalgia, so low carb just seemed the most sensible choice considering everything.
  • Calorie counting and treadmill.
  • Quote: I'm calorie counting. No restrictions on any food. I'm just trying to eat smaller portions and get in lots of walking, stretching, yoga, exercise DVDs etc.
    10 years ago, I lost 20lbs by lifting light weights everyday and doing The Firm.

What are you doing?

calorie counting
    walking
    jogging
    I eat what I want ... just not a lot.