Old 08-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Default 40-Somethings August 2012 Chat!

Well, it's August already! Don't know where the summer is going, but I am going to enjoy every last second of it! I figured I might as well start a new chat thread for August where we can share our daily struggles, triumphs, and goals.

If I can please get a small drum roll - I stepped on the scale this morning to 149lbs! Now, in reality, I could step on the scale tonight and be back up to 150-something. However, it's been a mini-goal of mine for many months to get to 149 - and I'm going to own it! I am now officially in a NORMAL BMI!!!!! Woot! Woot! I still have a way to go before I reach my goal, but I need to celebrate the smaller victories too.

I am smiling today! Hope everyone is having a good day. Looking forward to all of your updates!

Last edited by guacamole; 08-01-2012 at 12:39 PM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 149/149/120

Height: 5'2"

Yea for a new month- I am always encouraged on the 1st of the month-

Good for you Guac!!! That is amazing- dip below 150!! Congrats- and normal BMI too!! WOW. You should be smiling today! and this is from 212??!! You have earned the woot woot!

I rode my yesterday- 14 miles; and today I started jogging again, 3 miles. Eh, its a start.
A year ago from today I started a rotten chain of bad events and thus here I am 30 pounds overweight
SO- a year later- I am ready to really start changing.

Very happy to be here with ya all.
Redredbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #3  

Redredbird - Sounds like you have made more than just a start! You are well on your way to getting healthy again! Keep us posted.

I did my bike ride today, no idea how far, but I did 3 sections of the trails I ride instead of 1 or 2, so I am tired! I stepped on the scale to 148 this morning! A post TOM whoosh! I'll take it!

Good luck today, everyone!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

You go Guac! That is AWSOME!! I am so happy for you.

My scale h as been up and I don't really know why. I have been too busy to exercise but my food has not been bad. Hoping that it goes back down soon becasue I am getting really sick of the up and down games. Ugh.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Ladies

Always so good to hear all of your triumphs. Thank you somuch for sharing! I have had a good week of eating and am anxious to have my weigh in tomorrow to see how things are progressing. I also began exercising and am feeling good about that too.

Here is something that I wanted to share as my silly little goal/ispiration/reminder thing I am going to do for myself. I bought a set of stack rings off QVC (1 ea. gold, silver and bronze) and as I acheive each of my mini-goals I reward myself by wearing one of the rings.

10# = bronze
20# = silver
30# = bronze + silver
40# = gold
50# = gold + bronze
60# = gold + silver
70# = all three rings!

I was inspired by another lady from this board (Sorry, I forget who right now ) and I think it will rally help me stay on track.

I just wanted to share my plan in the hopes that you will understand.
syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Ladies!

Guac - 140s....WOO HOO!!!!!!

I know just how you feel!!! I just hit the 149 mark a few weeks ago....it's AWESOME!

...just got home from the airport - I did fine all week - until today - stressful meetings, little to choose from at the lunch they brought in...I had a few bites of fruit for breakfast, a raw revolution bar and a bag of mixed nuts for lunch...then hit the airport - ordered a veggie burger (no bun) and a salad, but I swear the veggie burger was made out of bread --- and I ate it anyway...then on the plane ate the two 45 calorie bags of pretzels they gave me along with some pistachios...oh - and did I mention I had a few glasses of wine???? SHEESH!!! Bad food day...

On a good note, yesterday I ate well, and did two 30 minute workouts (interval walk and run) on the hotel treadmill....felt GREAT!!! Today was an early one - no workout and of course I just got home, so it's a "day off" day - - literally (also from a diet standpoint) - - tomorrow I weigh in, don't know what to expect.

What I do know, is that my size 8 suit was LOOSE today! WOO HOO!!! And I felt great. so it's all good...

waiting for my house to cool down - I just turned on the air - had it off this week so I wouldn't have to pay for air conditioning,....but now it's hot and sticky!

Tomorrow I'll kick everything back into high gear....
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #7  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Default Target Commercials

Is it weird I find myself singing to the new target back to school commercials... "the word up" tune was catchy hahhaa

Hi Ladies,

Thanks Guac for telling my about the august thread! It was getting quiet in july and I didn't realize everyone moved on to an august thread!

Today was good. I had a little moment tonight. I was starving and could not satisfy my cravings. I made a cup of coffee and put sugar in it. I know this is not the worst thing in the world one can do however its been 25 days since I have intentionally shoved sugar in my mouth. I felt guilty for a second and then decided to give myself a pass. TOM sucks *** if you know what I am sayin!

Sheila and Guac congrats on the victories today! You guys are doing great!

Hope all is well

JO
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone! TGIF!!!

I'm working from home this morning, then taking my daughter to a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Going to go to the trail here soon to get my morning walk/run in, and then hopefully go again this evening. I'm officially training for a 5K on September 8th!!! I'm scared, but also very excited!! Gives me something to work for.

Sept - good job on giving yourself a "Mulligan" on the sugar! Have you ever tried the sugar-free coffee syrups? They sell them in the grocery stores (I get mine at Walmart) - I have carmel, hazelnut, vanilla, ...and my favorite is almond....tastes like ameretto !!! Its completely guilt free and fabulous!! I usually put them in my decaf coffee in the evening - tastes like dessert! (or Christmas in a cup as I tell the kids...LOL). Also, the flavored Kuerig coffees are wonderful! I invested in one of the K-cup coffee makers, and I absolutely LOVE IT!!

Weighed in this morning at 146. So at least I didn't gain anything this week (and didn't lose either. ). Definitely kicking it in now until Labor Day when the kids and I go to Florida to see my Mom.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:04 AM   #9  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Hi Ladies!!

Guacamole, way to go lady!

I had horrid, horrid, HORRID July. I went from 143 to 155 in a month. Yup, some of was just bloat, but I think I "gained" 7 pounds. I ate, traveled and partied a lot. I am so mad at myself that I have to redo 140's all over again all that indulging was not worth it....I almost gave up, but after seeing a few pictures of myself...nope; I won't!!! I do not like how I look ...so back on track.

Sending to everyone.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #10  
"I AM..."

Hi Ya'll

This morning my nice little monthly visitor arrived. So thankful its going to be out of my way in just a few days. Have been avoiding the scale as I know there is water weight there.

Anyway did a 3.7 mile walk today. Funny I was thinking next weekend I will do double that. I gotta push myself past that 3 mile comfort zone that I have built up. While my dog "Tramp" and I were walking (or just as we were finishinng up) in came a pop up storm. Rain drop the size of quarters. It felt good to get wet after that walk although tramp really hates the rain hahahaha wussy! I like HP's new mantra "if your gonna do something make it matter"

Hope you all are having a great weekend so far.

JO

Last edited by sept2012; 08-04-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #11  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Nice walk, Jo. I love walking when it is raining, and my furbaby does not mind getting wet either.

I did elliptical for 30 minutes, I pushed myself pretty hard. Tomorrow, hopefully, should be a cooler and less humid day; therefore it will be a walk day. I am also hoping to see 140's tomorrow morning. Eating was OP, which I am totally thrilled about. 3rd day of clean eating finished. It is always so difficult to cut that junk food and over eating cycle. No dinners out for me

I am hoping that everyone is feeling fab and fit this weekend.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #12  

Quick drive-by here! I have been super busy and it's going to be like this until September when the kids are back in school - camp ended Friday. I feel really nervous about not exercising and staying OP with my eating these next few weeks. Also, family reunion that I've been dreading (I mean looking forward to!) is happening in a few days - people will be in town later this week and into next week.

My eating this weekend wasn't great - but it was better than in weekends past. I have been feeling really emotional and angry today - not sure why. TOM is still not completely gone...maybe that's it?

I really wish people could give a compliment and stop before they put their foot in their mouth. Simply saying, "You look great!" is enough! No need to go on about how if they weren't standing in my home as proof it was me, they wouldn't recognize me. No need to say I look like a totally different person. No need to basically keep telling me what a whale of a gal I used to be without actually saying it. Just stop at "You look great!"

Sorry...rant over.

Nice to "see" everyone!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #13  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Guacamole, I can totally relate I put on my weight this past month because of family vacations and gatherings. Now I told everyone that I won't go out etc for 2 months, I need to undo the harm. You can do it!!!!

I feel better today, scale was under 150; it is comforting to see that 140 number. I am hoping to drop 2 pounds this week. I know it is quite an ambitious goal, but 148 is doable; considering I am not still convinced that I actually gained 4-7 pounds of fat in a few short weeks....I am sure I am still carrying water weight.

Jo, as I am ready to leave for my walk, I was thinking of you, because it is raining I love walking in a rain.

Have a beautiful Sunday!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #14  
"I AM..."

Oh what a difference a day makes.

Guac... I feel you woman. This TOM BS is BS. I have those moments around TOM that make me wonder if I am sane. Hahahah out of no where I will get pissed at someone or something and I can't even explain it. Take today for example. I am swimming. Its just me in the center lane and then two guys get in on either side of me. One is quite graceful and swims like a normal human being and the other I kept calling a PIG! Hahaha he slashed his arms in the water like a maniac and kicked so much water that there were waves in the pool bouncing me around - everytime I came up for air the waves shoved water in my mouth life I was in the ocean. He was not really a PIG but his pool ediquite sucked so I had to switch and swim on my back. Still each time he past me I had to deal with his slashing arms and waves but it was way better on my back. Typing this out makes me feel bad for a second... but really on a normal day without TOM I woundnt give this a second thought.

I am fighting with myself about working out and not working out. I seem to be having a debate with myself about whether or not I should be working the way that I am. The scale is not reflecting my work but I have to remind myself that it will eventually and I can not give up a healthier life style because I am not getting instant gratification.

SUM38 - I don't mind walking in the rain at all! I hope yours was as good as mine was!

Oh the joys of lfe

JO

Last edited by sept2012; 08-06-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #15  

Stuck at 146! GRRRRR...

And to make matters worse, I'm having a glass of wine and didn't walk the trail today! (sigh)....

It's a beautiful day too....not sure why all of my motivation just took a day off - - sheesh!

I ate okay - forgot to have breakfast, then had a piece of salmon for lunch, then made a veggie taco salad for dinner (just threw some veggie crumbles, a can of diced tomatoes and green chilies, a can of rinsed black beans, some taco seasoning and a little bit of water...served over shredded lettuce with a little bit of tofu sour cream and shredded cheddar rice cheese)

My daughter is in driving school -- I have to go and pick her up at 9pm every night this week, which in a weird way makes the day seem really long. (sigh)

Well, enough pouting and emoting...I'm going to watch a movie.