Hi everyone!

• Hi all!

Today is my 40th b-day, so I think I officially belong here.

For those of you who have not seen me around, I have lost 220 pounds (with diet and exercise, no surgery), and am working on the last few pounds.

I am also 6 weeks out from skin removal surgery. I am back to running and weight lifting and just was cleared for core/abs this week, so I'm working on getting back into shape.

I'm pretty down and depressed about turning 40, so I hope you guys can show me that 40's are not the end, but rather a great decade!

Jen
  • Welcome to our group!

I haven't found the 40s to be any different than the 30s, quite honestly. I feel no older. I feel no wiser. I hope you will find that to be the same! I'm healthier now than in my 30s, though, and I'm more in to fitness. My only regret is that I wasted so much of my 30s as the fat chick! I'm 42.

Wow, congrats on your incredible weight loss! How long did it take you? My weight loss is going really, really slow!

Skin removal surgery? Really? Is that because you carry extra skin due to your previous weight? I bet you're looking forward to that!
  • Welcome! Wow, you have made amazing progress! I hope you will be an inspiration to those of us here at 40-somethings! I sure need some mojo to keep going right now, after a few pound backslide.

For me, my 40s are going better than my 30s. Certainly, I am starting to look better and feel better. I think that, considering your transformation, your 40s are going to rock!!!! I love the ladies here and I know you will too. Sometimes these folks are the only thing keeping me hanging in there.
  • Congrats on your amazing 'weight loss' success! Generally speaking, I believe age is a state of mind. It's just a number. I'd rather be any age and thin, fit and healthy...and be able to wear clothes that I want to wear, and be able to move around and 'participate' in life, than to be in my twenties or thirties, fat, and sitting out on the sidelines...watching life go by...waiting to be thin. You're already there! Enjoy the rest of your life! Happy Birthday!
  • Oh my goodness! I am new to the 40 somethings. This is actually my first post here and what an inspiration cherry! U have seriously kicked some serious booty at this weight loss thing! Don't let a little thing like turning 40 overshadow your accomplishments!!! Celebrate u!!!