Old 06-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies.

I started my Ripped in 30 dvd again on Thursday after switching to another dvd for a month & on Friday my legs were killing me. I could barely walk up the stairs. But I did it again on Saturday (not going quite so deep on the squats or lunges) and felt great on Sunday. A lot of the exercises seemed way easier & I didn't have to modify them. So yay for getting fitter & stronger!

Kristiina, yay on the new car! My best friend has a Mini & loves it. It's such a sporty little car. I can just see you looking all hot in that bright red car Woohoo! I don't really care much for tea, but I have never tried the green tea, it might be worth a shot.

Cbigsis, good luck with staying OP with family & friends visiting. It does always seem to make it so much harder to stay on plan, but you can do it.

Zumba, I couldn't even imagine living with my ex while going through a divorce! That sounds horrible. Stay strong chickie! Our thoughts are with you.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Kim
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #32  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone! I didn't brave the scale this morning. However, I did go for a 60 minute walk/jog, using a program on my iPhone to monitor my pace, progress, and calories burned. So far, I am on track with my eating today. I hope the cravings don't come back to sabotage me tonight! So far so good.

Good luck today, ladies!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #33  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

FINALLY started belly fat cure today. WAY too many bad carbs over the weekend - pizza and bagels. And no exercise.

So far I'm doing OK..I'm doing a really strict 2-week thing with it. I figure I can do anything for 2 weeks, right? Also did the stairs at work for about 35 minutes.

guac, sounds like you're having a great day!

kand, yay!

kel, great attitude!

envelope, welcome!

Sum, I am very jealous of your new car. Have fun with it!

zumba, I hear you, Chica! YOU are the one who inspired me with this BFC thing..I think you're as big a carb lover as I am, so we need to stay strong together! You have been doing AWESOME!

kirsten, great goals and for a great reason - vacation!

cbigsis, .4 counts
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #34  

Stepped on the scal this morning to 154, so I am moving in the right direction. I hope I don't sabotage myself today, as I often seem to do that after a good day. It's like I think I have earned the right to go off plan and ease
up?

Good luck today, everyone!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #35  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Stumbled hard over the weekend and am recovering. Two words for PMS: BITE ME!!! It's like an out-of-body experience. I'll go tonight to get my lap swim card renewed, and hopefully snag a 30 minute swim.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #36  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Hello from my busy life

DD is about to graduate and DS plays or umpires baseball almost each day.

I ended up having a "spike day" on Sunday. After baseball filled day we did a team outing to a Mexican restaurant. I had nothing to drink ~ yup, I passed up on margaritas for me, but over indulged on nachos So scale rewarded me with 4 1/2 pound water gain. I am at 145.5; two days later still up 1 1/2 pounds. How much does that suck! Tonight we have a banquet at a local country club and I really need to be mindful what I eat....so many THINGS that are food related in my life right now

I have kept walking and doing my ab and upper body training tho.

Everyone have a fab and fit day! Sending to all!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #37  
Fat to Fab and Fit

envelope!

Kelly: Your swoosh will happen soon. No gain is excellent anyways. You may be having a break with me

Kim: Push those squats or lunges! Your butt will thank you

Guacamole: What is your running pace? -- Each day it gets better. You go girl!! Congrats on getting rid of most of that pesky salt gain.

natamars You will LOVE the flat belly diet. I have a pineapple turkey sweet and spicy recipe that is FBD approved and it is to die for! If you like to cook, and I can post it for you.

ICUwishing you nailed PMS sooooo well! Hope you are feeling better today!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Cool

Hello !!! Holding steady at 132 lbs. Cheated today because my son came home after a school trip to Manhattan with donuts and babka...I was doomed but am okay with a little cheat after doing so well...

Nat!!! That two week BFC plan is great...its a good way to start off the plan...got me in control.....let's hope I stay there....

Reading up with everyone else....you all sound so motivating....yeah and PMS sucks!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies.

I weighed in today at 175.4. Down 2.2 pounds from last week! Woohoo! I was really good all of last week. I kept my calories down from what I usually eat & worked out 4 times. So I knew I would see some movement, but I was very excited to see this much. I'm just going to have to keep being good if I want to hit my goal for this challenge. And I'm going to do it darn it!

I've heard this Belly fat cure diet thing mentioned a couple of times now, so I looked it up. It sounds like the experts don't seem to think much about it. But, it sounds like it's worked for some of you. For those of you that've tried it, what do you think of it? And did you stick to the plan or modify it?

I'd like to have a nice little whoosh & am thinking about trying it.

Kristiina, I would love the recipe if you will post it. I'm always looking for something new & tasty that's actually good for me. I'm not too sure about my butt thanking me, but the hubby is loving the results!

Hope everyone has an OP day.
Kim

Last edited by kandd416; 06-06-2012 at 08:38 AM.
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #40  

Tis the season, for PMS! Ah well...maybe it explains my bad eating last night on salty Chinese food and noodles - at least it was homemade so I know what went into it. I stepped on the scale and am still at 154, so if I can get in a good walk and stay on track with my eating, I still have a chance to get back to 153 by the end of the week.

Zumba - did you have to mention donuts or babka? Now I want some! If someone brought fresh baked goods through my door right now, I'd be all over them!

Keep moving forward, everyone!

Last edited by guacamole; 06-06-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #41  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

I stepped on the scale today and it was dwon to 156.4. Down a a lb and a half. I will take it. I have been trying hard on keeping my food within calorie limits and drinking water.
I did not get up an exercise this morning like normal which I feel very guilty about. I need to get some movement in tonight.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #42  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am going to fail this month.mway too many functions. I ate well last night at the banquet, but I was not hungry and went over my daily calories. I am 146.5 pounds. Up 2 1/2 pounds....I wanted to skip the dinner but it is not socially acceptable...lol...I loaded up on veggies and salad and only had a little bit of roast beef and mashed potatoes. I wanna see 130's SOOOO badI
Old 06-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #43  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Hehe...Kim...I was Gunna say that about your hubby

I am on my iPad right now...once I get to my laptop I will post the chili recipe. It is one of our favs right now. The belly fat diet, I love it because you can eat all veggies and lean protein you want. Just watch for sugar, even natural ones. My typical day is
Bfast
2 eggs, brown and organic...less cholesterol
2 slices of turkey bacon
Tomato slices

^^^^
If I have bfast, which I usually don't

Lunch
2 c salad, baby greens
1/2 cucumber
1/4 sweet pepper
1/4 sweet onion
1 tomato
1/2 avocado
Mushrooms
Carrots
Other veggies that are around the house
1/4 c feta cheese
8 oz chicken/ 6 oz salmon/ 12 oz shrimp
Dressing...olive oil with herbs, mustard and lemon juice

Dinner

Grilled chicken/ baked salmon or tuna/ grilled pork chops etc
Baby potatoes
Small salad with above dressing
Asparagus or broccoli
1 TBLS butter

Snacks
80% coco chocolate
Red wine (10 oz)

Last edited by Sum38; 06-06-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #44  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Got the swim card, got the schedule - will swim on Thursday and see how far I can get. Deep-water aerobics starts again next Tuesday - I will definitely be there for that! Dropped another 1/2 lb, but man, 1300 cals requires a lot of attention. Because of the family event coming up July 7, I decided to attempt 1 1/2 lbs per week. I'm seriously missing those extra 250 per day! Not something I want to do long-term, for sure.

Pushing on, regardless!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #45  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Day 3 of BFC 14-day program. I've modified quite a bit because I normally don't eat meat(I think the last time I'd eaten any was Thanksgiving) and I'd cut way back on eggs. So I'm eating things like eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast, grilled chicken and salad for lunch, and string cheese and nuts for snacks. You're also allowed a bit of extremely dark chocolate each day, which has been my salvation.

It's gone better than I expected, as I am a major sugar and carb addict, in fact my sugar had been out of control recently. But this morning I woke up feeling shaky and weak and had to ask my DH to bring me some low sugar iced tea/lemonade combo before I felt up to getting out of bed. Doing OK now. Down 1.4 so far, but I think most of the gain was really all the excess carbs over the weekend.

Gotta get back to work, will read more later. Oh, found out Monday that my job is not being eliminated after all. What a relief!!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote