Hi Kim,

Ugh; I hate water weight

By the way, I am from MI as well
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #32  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Well I'm all full of myself because I had a training appointment yesterday, which usually kill me, and then took a yoga class last night... I think the yoga really helped with the usual post training session soreness because I feel better than usual today! I really need to focus on workouts so this felt pretty good

Have a great day!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #33  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hi, everyone! I woke up very sore this morning, as I have for the past week. My lower back is killing me and makes me want to lay in bed all day. I'm not sure what's wrong, but I think I need to see a doctor. I have shooting pains going down both of my legs.

ETA - My husband has been nagging me to see a doctor, but honestly, I have had my fill of doctors telling me that the cure is to lose weight! I know that if I were thinner, I probably wouldn't be having this back pain, but I can't magically take off 30-40 pounds in a week. When I was at my heaviest and having multiple health issues, I got so tired of doctors treating me as if my illnesses were my fault. I really don't think hearing another "professional opinion" that my weight is the culprit is worth the co-pay and my time! However, my husband said it could be arthritis or disc compression and I might need a cortisone shot or even surgery - so I should go. Ugh! Anyone else hate seeing doctors when they are overweight?

Here's hoping you all are doing better than me!

Last edited by guacamole; 02-21-2012 at 09:30 AM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #34  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Guac-Go to the doctor please. This does not sound good.

I am still working on no smoking. Getting my food on track this week after a not so good weekend but my scale is up 2lbs. Ick.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #35  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Still here. Did my workout today with no fainting - yay! Think I was dehydrated and low on iron yesterday. Made sure to take my water with me to the basement so I wouldn't have to wait til after and it seemed to work. Only 32 oz water today but 42 oz of Diet Coke (large from McD's - love their drinks and hate their food). Obviously need to work on that! Scale was up a little today, but so what? I know I was dehydrated when I weighed in yesterday, so to be expected that it would go up again. Calories are on track to stay under 1400 - pasta tonight but I always cheat more than a serving onto DH's plate and less than a serving onto mine. He's 6' and needs more calories than I do so it evens out. Then I add asparagus to my pasta and it looks like we're eating the same amount of food. Silly trick, but it works for me.
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #36  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Guacomole - at 162 for your height, your doctor probably won't say anything about your weight. I was 152 (I'm shorter than you) the last time I went and my doctor was thrilled with my weight and didn't even seem to care if I lost more. Hope you're feeling better soon!
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:06 AM   #37  
3rd time's a charm!

S/C/G: 320/295/130

Height: 5'7"

My doctor use to have complete disdain for me. Even a sore throat got blamed on my weight. It was ridiculous! Since I started losing, she's become incredibly supportive. Keep in mind, she knew me at my normal weight, what I saw as disdain, was probably unprofessionally conveyed concern.

No yogurt again last night, my calories have remained below 1210, and exercise is the usual grind (which I enjoy). But I only have 3 days left to work in a class! Will I or won't I? Hmm... the suspense is mounting!

The scale has been going in the right direction, so this week's weigh in is already primed to make me very happy!
Espressowhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #38  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

I love my doctor. -- She, herself carries a few extra pounds. She was pleased when I had lost my first 10 pounds, I can't wait to see her again at 20-25 pound loss. -- She is the only doctor I have felt comfortable with; I feel I can truly open up to her.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

This morning I weighed myself & am down another pound. 2 pounds in 2 days. So I am now back to exactly what my weight was last week. Obviously water weight. But I'm hoping I can lose another pound tonight. Ha! I'm being greedy now.

This gain has me wondering, does anyone see some type of gain before a loss? I've been reading someone's diet blog & it seems like that happens for her, but I've never really tracked my weight close enough to notice a cycle. I have started to weigh myself daily to see if there is any type of pattern, but it will probably take a few months to see.

Kristiina, what part of Michigan are you from? I'm in Van Buren Twp. (Belleville area). My doctor of 10 years just moved out of state, I've tried a new one, but Dr. David Scott was the best!

NEMom, keep working on the not smoking. It's hard I know, but you can do it!

Guac, I agree. Get yourself to a doctor. Pain like that is not normal!

Have a great day.

Kim
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #40  

Hi, guys! Thanks for all your concern. I do have an appointment on Friday morning. Blah! I'm not expecting any miracle cures.

kandd416 - Congrats on the 2 lb loss! Sometimes I gain during PMS/TOM and then lose when it is over. Also, sometimes if I exercise hard for a few weeks, and then take a break, I lose a few pounds. Although, I might be losing muscle mass or retained water instead of fat.

I'm doing ok with my diet, although I haven't weighed myself since last week before my long weekend with the kids. Strangely, I feel bloated and kind of PMSy even though I am not due to get my period for another 1 1/2-2 weeks? Ugh. I guess I am just achy in general with my back.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #41  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Kim, that's an interesting thought and I think I might have that pattern! I know I fluctuate all over the place during the course of a week even when I've controlled for sodium etc. Keep us posted on that, I'd be interested to see what you find

Hope everyone's having a great week!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

HELLO!!!!! I didn't do well in the Valentine's Challenge although I didn't have a major gain either. I'm ready and willing to try this shizznit again...Just booked a vacation for April so now I have extra incentive to get back into shape. When I say back into shape I don't mean some major weight loss , but rather a healthier body with more muscle tone. I also strongly believe in the mind/body connection and I want a healthier mind now that I'm under extreme stress due to some personal stuff going on in my life. I don't just want to survive in life, I want to live well. My goals:

1. More water and take my supplements; daily.
2. weight lifting twice a week
3. cardio 5 days a week.
4. yoga twice a week
5. less carbs. Nothing white (bread, rice, pasta).
6. NO SUGAR

Would like to lose 7 lbs.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:05 AM   #43  
Flab be gone

S/C/G: goal weight 60kgs

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

hey everyone.
Looks like everyone is sticking to their goals pretty closely. i have been like glue to mine...and not seeing much of a weight loss at all....bummer !!
Guac....i had back pain as well, since november...horrible horrible horrible..when the doc asked me about my weight i was at least able to say i'd started to lose..she left it at that thankfully. Keep us posted on what the doc says okay?
Kuchic... well done for drinking more water...by the way..have u had ur blood pressure taken lately? mine is very low..108 / 69 and i have to watch out for dizzy spells all the time.

weight today was 68.3 kgs.- 150.3 pounds.
Will stay true to myself and my goal for march !!!
fiona46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #44  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

guacamole; This may sound like a silly question, but do you see chiropractor? I was in terrible back pain latter part of this past year and after 2 months of chiro treatments I am feeling great.

Kim I am from Lake Orion, Palace area

My past two days have been meh... I have been cooking too much (I fill freezer) and I keep sampling it all. I think TOM is near and I have no will power.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #45  

fyreflie24 - the sodium intake question is something I have been thinking about. I have been eating more sodium than usual this week and been feeling bloated and PMSy even though it isn't my time. I stepped on the scale this morning to find myself up 3 lbs! Ugh. I also haven't been as strict with carb intake this week. My husband bought a bag of mini whole wheat pitas, and I ate them all over the course of a few days. Even though I really don't enjoy low carbing...I was strict the last few weeks and lost weight. I am going to have to get back on track.

Zumbachica - Glad to have you joining in! Looks like you have some well thought out goals!

fiona46 - Good for you for staying on plan! The scale will cooperate soon if you keep going. I am going to the doc tomorrow....not looking forward to it. I am bracing myself for the "losing weight" prescription.

Sum38 - I do not see a chiropractor, but have considered it. I'll see what the verdict is at the doctor first to rule out any medical condition.

Good luck today, everyone!

Last edited by guacamole; 02-23-2012 at 10:01 AM.