Old 02-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 271/219/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi -- wanted to jump in and introduce myself. I have been very slowly losing weight for about two years now, with the bulk of what I've lost happening since last May, when I adopted a one-year-old husky mix puppy and began running him 3-6 miles every day.

I've been above my current weight for about 20 years. I'm 41. I'm plateau-ing right now and getting extra-focused on trying to shake off a couple of pounds and break the stall. I think part of my problem might be psychological -- getting past this point means moving into somewhat uncharted waters. I am just dying to get to 50 lbs lost, though, so I press on.

I've been eating about 1500-2000 calories a day and working out a lot. I'm a midwife and work a crazy schedule so sometimes the good eating or the exercise get dropped for a day or two. Trying to stick to both a little bit more.
defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #152  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I didn't post Friday's workout! I did 45min cardio then I did 50 min weights.
Today I did another 45min cardio

Hubby and I are having my parents over for dinner tonight for my Dad's Bday, that is unless someone gets sick again!

Defenestrator, welcome, glad to have you join us? does your username mean you like to throw things out a window? As I reach back into the depths of my mind....
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #153  

Before I was a midwife, I studied linguistics. English doesn't have a lot of words like this, where one word is used to describe something so specific. I like the word "defenestrate," so when trying to shed bad habits and make a positive change, why not be a defenestrator?
Old 02-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #154  
Flab be gone

S/C/G: goal weight 60kgs

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Peoples
Glad to see u back on track Andrew...you are getting closer and closer to target.
Defenestrator... welcome, u will get such good support on here

weighed myself today...still the same...boo hooo . Am keeping to plan tho and will stay focused thru this nuisance phase.
fiona46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #155  
Flab be gone

just worked out i'm not eating enough calories. Goal this week....eat more!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #156  

Default Trying to understand the body..

Hello everyone...I am very desperate for an answer to what is sabotaging my weight loss.

I began working very hard to control my eating. NO MATTER WHAT I EAT...lots of fiber in cereal, a protien shake, or half a bananna...my stomach sends me signals I am hungry at work around 9:30am . It's like this little 'ping' in my stomach I can't ignore. I eat cheese wedge..still there...eat clemintine...still there..drink some sugar free iced tea...still there. When I eat a handful of pretzles..it goes away and I can work again. If I start with the pretzles...it would go away immediately. But I am trying to cut out carbs and fat. Then when I come home from work...I have to have FAT. My body craves it. I don't even think about it till I have fat...'oh crap...I am eating cookies...'

What is going on with me...I have no will power to fight off these signals from my body. It's totally on drugs or something. What is good to break these craving spirals?

HELP PLEASE...thanks so much. (185 last year 206 this year...??? next year)
mammav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:40 AM   #157  
Flab be gone

Hi Mammay
Welcome

I'm just wandering if you are eating enough at breakfast. 1 bowl of cereal doesn't sound enough...maybe have a piece of fruit as well.
What i do is have a glass of water before i eat which helps heaps and heaps.
Snack time..have a piece of fruit, and a glass of water. Your body sends out hunger pangs when there is not enough water going in...i was often eating all the time..not understanding that what my body was craving was water!!!
Once i addressed that....(over a couple of weeks) my body stopped craving the biscuits, crisps and lovely fatty things i enjoyed so much.
I changed my diet quite considerably too.....cut out the carbs, went to skim milk, stopped my cheese and upped the vegies, salads, and proteins.

Hope this helps hon....lots of very resourceful ppl on here to help you thru the tough times.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #158  

I think you might need to be eating a bigger breakfast. Or just accepting that your breakfast is going to happen in two bits -- a bit at home and a bit at work.

If you are trying to limit fat and carbs, try eating some of the breakfasts suggested by the South Beach diet. Eggs are a good morning food. Oatmeal is a nice, low-glycemic index food. Cottage cheese and greek yogurt are also good protein sources without having a lot of fat.

I find that if I'm aiming for an 1800 calorie day I am happiest with about a 600 calorie breakfast, a 400 calorie lunch and an 800 calorie dinner. If I try to skimp on the breakfast, I feel hungry all day.

Here is what I usually have for breakfast:

Steel cut oats with unsweetened applesauce stirred in
Coffee with milk
handful of almonds or celery and peanut butter as mid-morning snack
that adds up to about 600 calories

or
Scrambled eggs with one whole egg and two egg whites
Salsa
Black beans
toast with peanut butter as mid-morning snack
also about 600 calories

Good luck!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #159  
Donna

Hello All,

I'm not new but I've been gone for a while, and when I did well I posted here a lot and got support, so I'm going to try again, I need help somewhere.

A little background: I've been up and down in weight most of my life until in 2006 I hit an all time high of 265 over the next 2 years I lost 45 lbs and was feeling really good (I was pretty active). Then I started to enter territory I hadn't been to in a while and I stalled. So I decided to take a break and then my DH got diagnosed with cancer and I decided I needed to just maintain over those next 18 mos of treatment, which I did. Then I quit trying all together and slowly 15 lbs have crept back. I've been half heartedly trying to get back on track for the last year but it hasn't been working, so now I've decided that I need to get my but in gear and get moving.

So here are my goals for this week: go back to the gym at least 3 times plus water exercise 2 times. Track what I eat and try to stay with in my pts (I do WW).

Anyway sorry to be so long winded. Glad to read about others on this journey.

Last edited by TechAlum; 02-26-2012 at 07:09 PM.
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi Donna.
I do WW too! Love the program. I am lifetime and actually work part-time for them as a receptionist.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:49 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 231/174/153

Height: 5ft8

Hi all just checking in, eating and exercising on plan 2lb down this week, hope you're all doing well
Sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Checking in. Let's see, Friday ate on plan and all weekend ate pretty well. Did my 5k run on Friday, but for some reason it was a struggle. I got through it in around 38:31, which is a little slow for me. I did upper body on Saturday and am still a little sore from that. Took yesterday off as normal. Tonight is my run. I'm down 1 more pound too. Yay.

Welcome to the newcomers. Glad you joined us.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #163  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning everybody! Lost momentum last week but still managed to lose a pound. Trying hard to keep my head in the game. I think getting back on my treadmill routine will help with that as it really made me feel like I was accomplishing something. Also, I don't think I'm eating enough and need to make a better effort to plan meals ahead that I can take with me to the office.

Goals for this week: 1) treadmill every night after work, 2) plan/prepare meals ahead that I can take with me so I don't starve myself all day, 3) drop two pounds.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #164  
Donna

Hello All,

Pretty much stuck to plan yesterday, although I woke up really stiff this morning so I didn't make it to the gym, still planning on at least walking the dogs this afternoon, but hopefully going to the gym too.

Sparx and Andrew - congrats on the losses.

Last edited by TechAlum; 02-27-2012 at 10:35 AM.
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi newbie here and within days of being 40 something...sorta dreading it as I had hopes that well should have happened by now but havent and won't.

Always been on the plus size. I have PCOS, Diabetes and Fybromyalgia. I'm not currently under a drs care for anything mainly cause I lack insurance and to be frank I havent met one yet that I like.

I'm sitting at 250lbs (well it was 249.8 this AM but... might as well round up) my hope is to get down to 150 but I'll be pleased as punch if I can manage to get under 200... I can't honestly remember when I was there last.

Anyway I'm here to learn and to lose. I need all the support I can get cause I dont happen to have any here at home.

Thanks Cat
FatCat150 is offline   Reply With Quote