I am feeling down right now, but I started thinking about some of the positive changes I have made, and it is lifting me up a bit. Sometimes it helps to see a list of the things you are doing differently that have helped and continue to help. Please add yours too!
1. Eliminated all soda, sugary beverages, and diet beverages.
2. Eliminated artificial sweeteners.
3. Eliminated margarine and butter.
4. Eliminated breads and baked goods from my on-plan days (at least 6 days per week).
5. Eliminated white flour and white sugar from my on-plan days (at least 6 days per week).
6. Stopped eating anywhere except the kitchen or dining room tables (no more snacking in bed or at my desk!).
7. Stopped eating anything but fruit, vegetables, or freshly squeezed juice in between meals - and only if I am hungry.
8. Water, water, water! I used to drink no water at all - none! Even one year ago. My veins must have run with Snapple. Now water is the main liquid I consume, with herbal tea a distant second, and coffee a distant third (maybe once or twice per week).
9. Eating lean protein - fish, chicken, turkey - as opposed to red meat or ground beef.
10. Eliminating packaged and processed foods from my diet - the sodium content was killing me and keeping me bloated with water weight.
Those are some of mine. I feel better reading the list, and hope to add other healthy lifelong habits to the list.