Old 01-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #76  

About the Firefox font thing:

Click on Tools, Options, Content. In the middle see Fonts & Colors. See if monkeying around there helps.

FYI - I am a lurker here. I'm hoping soon I will have the courage to start actally posting.
StraitLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #77  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Straitlover, we would love to have you join us! Thanks for the FF tips.

April <--- got her bath, then I got a shower, then Hubby cleaned the bathroom. He's so helpful!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 185/178/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Hello All ! My name us Theresa and I found This forum while doing a search for strength training. I am soon to be 44, would like to lose 30 pounds. I gained more than 15 last year due to stress eating from a stressful job. I recently changed jobs and the stress is decreasing so it's time to get in gear and get healthy.

I started going to the gym 3weeks ago and I've lost 4 pounds and 1 inch. I try to go the Y at least 3-5 days a week and really need to work on my diet and my love for chocolate!

It's nice to "meet" you all, Theresa
HoosierMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #79  

Dinner went well, and we got to open presents! I hope I looked more tired than contagious!

Sat Jan 7
B= Dayquil, 2 c milk, 1/2 mug coffee
L= 1/2 Chili's Burger, BBQ sauce, 6 fries
S= 1 c milk, 1/2 apple
D= turkey breast, dressing, green bean cass, sweet potato cass, cran sauce, sliver pumpkin pie
S= Nyquil, 1 c milk, another slice pie!
E= does cleaning the house, moving furniture, giving dog a bath, cooking dinner, and cleaning up afterwards count as exercise??

Theresa, welcome, glad to have you join us!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #80  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Down 1.6 lbs. this morning. Ate better yesterday and kept my calories down. I was SO happy with my run last night - I did a .8 mile warm-up and then ran 5.6 miles! Longest I've ever run continuously..it was one of those rare(for me) runs where you feel you could go forever. But it was getting quite dark and the oncoming headlights were blinding me!

pp, that stuff DEFINITELY counts as exercise!

Theresa, you're off to a great start! I gained 30 lbs. when I started working full-time again in a VERY stressful job. That eventually led to health issues for me, so it's great you got out!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #81  

I couldn't sleep last night because I was so stuffed I couldn't breathe. I finally slept upright in the recliner couch, then about 5am went to bed. Hubby woke up about 6 with a horrible headache and spent the rest of the night on the couch until I woke up and sent him back to bed. My mom texted me this morning, I thought she was going to say that they were sick but she just told me they had a nice time and she was wearing the scarf I knit her for Christmas to church today.

I got 8 workout DVDs mostly k/boxing, and 1 Season of Classical Stretch workouts {new to me} as well as a gift card to Olive Garden. I picked out the DVDs myself. Hubby told the 'guys out at work' that he bought me workout DVDs for Christmas, lol, they all thought he was in trouble until they found out I picked them out, he just paid for them {I had to wrap them also.} Now if I can just get well so I can try them out!

Natamars, good job on the loss and great job on the run.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

I've been doing pretty well with the eating, though I did have an adult beverage last night. I've done pretty well this week and weighed in this morning. I'm down 2.5 pounds. Which is better than I was expecting. Worked out 6 days last week too.

Last edited by andrew80k; 01-08-2012 at 10:58 AM.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #83  

Hi Good morning
Great to see all the successes on here! I still have not braved the scale but today is 5 days of clean eating! Yesterday I was able to do more running, its tough getting started again but Im hanging in here. I think I ran 2 miles and then walked. All in all i did about 45 min cardio.

So great natamars on ur run!!! and ur loss!!! I cant wait til I can go longer
And andrew, congrats on ur loss and even after ur fun evening!!! WTG!
Penguin, how fun that you got 8 new dvds!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Theresa, glad ur on here
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #84  
Still a Fatty

S/C/G: 200/190/130

Height: 5 ft., 3 in.

Hi Penguin! I love your profile picture. You seem so supportive of everyone here. Thanks so much from a newbie. <3 You are beautiful in your photo...keep it up...you look great!

Stacie
Stacie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #85  
Still a Fatty

S/C/G: 200/190/130

Height: 5 ft., 3 in.

Natamars and Theresa, y'all are doing great! Keep up the good work! You are both inspiring me to go do my exercise today even though I feel like taking a nap. lol

Andrew80K had to laugh at your comment about the adult beverage. Trust me, if it weren't for the diet, I'd be doing that a whole lot more often. I'm a teacher!
Stacie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #86  
YESiCAN

S/C/G: 293/285/150

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone, I started last week just trying to eat right the week went okay just have to make myself eat at work because I am always busy...Love this board. Keep up the good work everyone...As for my I am trying to keep the faith...
CANi2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #87  

Stacie, thank you! you are very sweet! I hope to get a new picture taken soon. That one is from last spring, sadly, I haven't changed much, but my hair is longer, lol.

Andrew, adult beverage, lol. Good job on the loss!

CanI, good job on your eating! Sometimes one little change can make a big difference overall.

Shining, good job on the cardio. Running, too! I'm impressed. Cardio is not my thing but it seems to be what my body wants.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Stacie-- where in Houston do you live? And teach? I'm from Houston, but currently live in CA. Miss Houston though!

Great job to all of you "losers"! Good weekend for me overall. I was planning an off-plan meal Saturday night, but the restaurant had 1.5 hour wait (they don't take reservations), so we went somewhere else and my meal was OP!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #89  

Sun, Jan 8
B= 1c milk, aspirin {went back to bed}
L1= turkey breast on a dinner roll, 4 bites of sweet potato casserole
S= milk, 1/2 apple
L2= 2 eggs, 1 bacon, 1 toast w jam, 2c milk
D1= Abbay's 1/2 meatloaf, 1/4 green beans, 1/2 mashed potato w gravy
D2= 1/3 can turkey chili w cheese and corn, 1 cheesebread
S= sliver pumpkin pie
E=none

I felt like I was eating all day, well okay I was, but I was hungry at each meal/snack and didn't over eat. Not something I usually do, but I did a rough track of the calories and came up with 2306, when I should be closer to 1800. I did drink about 600 cals in milk alone, but in some cases I need to make better choices.

We both have dentist appointments tomorrow. Better go brush!

Michele, I wouldn't have waited either, I don't care how good the food is.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-09-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #90  

Hey all
just thought i would chime in about Houston. I lived there for a few years. I used to love to go running there actually... something about the humidity i actually liked.. go figure I also like running in the rain in AZ so i guess thats kinda the same.. hee hee

I lived in the Heights mostly, worked in Montrose and on the Southwest side
Houston was fun! I actually played in a band when I lived there and we won best world beat band from the Houston Press... lol, that was a while ago!

good to think about for me today. Got a tough phone call earlier and have been crying a lot today. Food has still been fine, gna try to get some sleep
gnight ladies and gents

Last edited by shiningthru; 01-09-2012 at 03:46 AM.
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote