Old 01-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #61  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Thurs, Jan 5
B= 4 c apple juice, 1/2 bowl pre-packaged oatmeal
L= 1/2 can beef/veggie soup, more apple juice?
D= leftover Chili's chicken + pot, carrots
S= spaghetti, cheese
S= 1/2 apple, 15 wheat thins, cheese
S= rest of box of wheat thins split with Hubby {60+ each , we were bad!}
E= none

Right= staying home to not pass on the germs

Regret= the wheat thins- mindless eating for the sake of eating

~~~~

Bilbi, welcome glad to have you join us!

Cheekie, I can't help you with the BodyBugg but I've seen threads here. I think there's a support group for people using them in Exercise?
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Andrew, thanks for the help with Firefox. 2 more ???. How do I make the blinky cursor larger so I can see it? and how do I make a favorites list, is that the bookmark list??
Unfortunately, the cursor size is an OS thing, not really a Firefox thing. There is an addon called NoSquint (I can't post links yet or I'd link it for you) that you can use to adjust things around and that might help, though I'm not sure how much. It gives you more control over what you enlarge and what's left the same size than ctrl+ does.

You can do favorites/Bookmarks two ways. You can use the Bookmarks menu to add them or you can click on the little star in URL bar at the top where you see the site name. On the far right is a little button that has a star in it if you are not displaying the Menu Bar at the top.

Let me know if you have any more.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #63  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Stupid me..I was still posting in the old thread, wondering where everyone was!

I am up 5 lbs. from 12/15..finally got the courage to weigh in this morning. So tired of this pattern..stop paying attention to what I eat, and the 5 lbs. are back within 2 weeks. I'm doing OK with exercise, just have to get back on track with food. Have cut of food by 4PM the last 2 days, and am making some better choices, but still too many calories overall. Had fun at Zumba last night - they moved the class time earlier so I can rarely get there now because of work. I'll do the stairs at work today and try to get a long run in tomorrow - supposed to be about 50 degrees here. I'm looking at training plans for the half-marathon I want to do in May.

TGIF!!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #64  

I spent half the night building my new weight bench, ( I sold my old one before I moved this summer), finally got done and got my workout in. Weight training, lower body. Went ok. Once I get the weight right it'll go better.

I ate good and came in at 2000 calories. Right on target. I keep track of my food on fatsecret so don't really want to repeat all that in here.

I took a preliminary weight this morning, though I do my "official" weigh-ins on Saturday. I'm down a pound in 4 days. Not bad. I'll have to see what BF% is tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 273/173/150

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and a returner to the site. Hi to Debbie; it is good to see another RN. It is good to have someone who gets the whole "nurse taking care of everyone but herself" thing that nurses do. I am 45. I would like to get my weight down to keep up on the floor without feeling like "you know what" when I get home. Working in health care constantly reminds you of what you should be doing, high time I started paying attention. Good to have you all!
eightiesbabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #66  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Quick check in. Nice to see so many folks on board!

natamars - I know what you mean about losing the same 5 lbs. Been there done that - it's been the story of my weight loss journey and the reason for my slow progress.

patch - hope you are feeling better.

Got to get through the weekend - always tough for me. So many treats, so little time.

Stay strong everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Patchworkpenguin: Yes, I'll keep posting... I like the inclusion in your post of what you did right and what you regret. I think I'll adopt it.

I've got a busy weekend on tap. My goal is to eat when I should, not wait until I'm so hungry I go for anything fast.

Yesterday's success: ate within my calorie count
Yesterday's lesson learned: don't forget to take BP pill!

Hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #68  

I feel much better today. Still stuffy and tired but okay. We are having Christmas tomorrow so I am baking the pumpkin pie, will make the stuffing later today, and check to see if the turkey breast is thawed for tomorrow's sauna in the crockpot!

Since I'm sick my hunger cues aren't cueing, so I'm trying to eat at regular intervals whether I'm hungry or not, but trying to make good choices.

Moondance, glad to hear you will stick with us. The 'right/regret' is a shorthand version of the Beck plan of credits for what we did right and goals to work toward.

Andrew, obviously this is going to take some getting used to. Thanks for you help. I'm on 2 forums daily {err, multiple times daily}. The exercise forum seems to work better on IE while Chicks works better on FF. always something! I'm sure you know this but keeping track of the weights you use each workout will help you find the 'right' weight easier.

Babe, welcome, glad to have you join us!

Natamars, I'm glad you found us. I was wondering where you went! I'm sorry to hear about your gain. I felt I was doing so well with food, then yesterday I had 'the crackers!". Very discouraging. All I can do is start again!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post

Andrew, obviously this is going to take some getting used to. Thanks for you help. I'm on 2 forums daily {err, multiple times daily}. The exercise forum seems to work better on IE while Chicks works better on FF. always something! I'm sure you know this but keeping track of the weights you use each workout will help you find the 'right' weight easier.
I'm happy to help. Let me know if you have any more questions I can answer. Or any I can't...

Yes, ma'am. I do know to keep track, but I've been a VERY long time removed from working lower body and it was getting late, so I guessed. At least now I have a better idea of where to start going forward. I wasn't too far off in some things, but quite a bit in others. It's a process.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #70  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

TGIF!!!
Had a good food day on Thursday and so far on track today. I woke up late this morning, shut my alarm off instead of hitting snooze, so I did not get up in time to exercise. I will try to get in in tomorrow before house cleaning so I get my 5 days in this week.
The scale was down a little this morning, not moving down by leaps and pounds but down is better than up, which is what I have seen the last couple of weeks.
I really sounds like you are all off to a great start this new year.
Have a wonderful weekend!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew80k View Post
Yes, ma'am. I do know to keep track, but I've been a VERY long time removed from working lower body and it was getting late, so I guessed. At least now I have a better idea of where to start going forward. I wasn't too far off in some things, but quite a bit in others. It's a process.
I saw on another thread that you've done P90x, which is where I learned about weight sheets. Some of my friends on the exercise forum ordered X2 and are working their way through the rotation. They seem to like it but X1 was enough for me!

NE, congrats on the scale being down!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #72  

Hi there
Hope everyone is having a good friday. Im grateful i found this thread. Today is my 3rd day and Im hanging in. I didnt sleep very well last night but Im still doing ok today. That can be a trigger for me so Im just trying to be mindful. Got a couple of frustrating phone calls and feel kinda grouchy... lol sorry to vent. I know the first couple of weeks getting back into exercise are tough so Im just trying to keep going. Today i did some walking and jogging for about 30 min and then a little bit of abs and actually tried a few lunges! yikes...

Im mad at myself about the gain and having a hard time wanting to see people. Having body image stuff and frustrated with my weight. So I want to stay positive and balanced. I am doing great today and thats the best thing I can do.

Patchwork, thx for the ballet barre recommendations, i have always wanted to try those. I too am not sure about TA, thx for the feedback. Glad ur feeling better

NeMom, congrats on the scale moving downwards!!! good luck on ur exercise program tmrw

moondance, good job on ur success

guac, love ur avatar and name! good luck getting thru the weekend

natamars, i can relate, sorry to hear about ur gain!

good luck to everyone
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #73  

Fri, Jan 6
B= 2 c apple juice, 1/2 oatmeal package
L= 1/2 turkey sand, 1/2 apple
D= 2 meatball pizzas on bread= 2 slices bread, sauce cheese, 4 meatballs, 1 Lindor truffle
S= grapes, cereal {not together}
E= 12min cardio + 60min yoga

Today was supposed to be long cardio and short yoga, but I knew I couldn't do much cardio so I did a Mile with Leslie Sansone to warm up then tried a few yoga dvds until I found one I liked. Most of what I have on dvd is power yoga but I wasn't up to that {down dog with a stuffy head give the pose a whole new dimension} I finally found one I hadn't tried before which turned out to be very nice.

Tomorrow is our postponed Christmas with my parents; hopefully nothing else will go wrong. All in all a good day.

Shining, good job on the exercise! Stick with it.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #74  

Default would love to join the group

February will be 6 years post hysterectomy for me, and January 11 will be a year of not smoking. I sailed through a forced menopause with no medications except for a brief time on anxiety meds. to help with a hormonal imbalance. (Don't mean to give tmi, but putting all my cards on the table in hopes that I can get honest feedback). I was worried then about weight gain, because I was told to expect it, but it never happened. I ate what I wanted, didn't really have to do a structured exercise and just enjoyed life pain free. -until now. With the kids older, and it being just my husband and I most of the time, life has slowed down and the weight gain has started. Within the last year, I have gained over 20 pounds. It was a fairly quick gain, mostly within the last 6 months. I am looking forward to having someone to chat with and share my weight loss experience with.

I am not quite five feet, so any weight I gain shows up easily and hope that the same will be said for any loss as well. With being extra careful with my diet this week, I have lost 3 pounds. Much easier with the holidays and holiday eating out of the way.

Lets do this together!!!
kidsrgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #75  

We got the turkey breast in the crockpot! And the dining room cleaned cleared out fot dinner tonight, including the huge dog crate! Yay! we are both a little stuffy, I'm beginning to blame the quick change from freezing to warm to moderate weather we are having. Its raining and colder today at 55*. Bad news, we decided we really need to give April a BATH so that's next after lunch!

Kidsrgrown, welcome, glad to have you join us!

Hubby just arrived with lunch. Be back later!