Old 01-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #226  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

So I'm trying a slight variation on the UDDD diet(up day down day) where I'm going to try to eat 1800 calories one day and 800 the next. Today was my high day so I packed a higher-calorie cereal, a banana, whole grain pasta with sauce and cheese, salad, yogurt, and trail mix. Came home and ate a flatout bread with peanut butter and some chocolate chips on it(yeah, I know). Got dressed for the gym so I could head out when DH got home to be with our son. But DS just vomited all over his bed. And then the toilet. Not IN the toilet, ON the toilet. and all the surrounding walls. I have not seen somthing like this since a party in my dorm room freshman year. And he ate blueberries, apples, pepperoni pizza, and red peppers for dinner. Lovely.

I'm going to skip the gym because I'm just too distracted. I did the stairs for 23 minutes at work so I did get some activity in. Looks like one of us will have to be home tomorrow, and get this kid to the doctor - this hit him Thursday night - he was better yesterday and played out in the snow - maybe he overdid it. He also got through today at school OK. He's had a bit of everything - headache, stomachache, sore throat, cough. ..not sure what's going on.

NEMom, since you're actually trying to get below your original goal, it's extremely tough. The advice I've always heard to lose "the last 10" is that you have to eat extremely clean - basically just fruit, veggies, lean protein, and whole grains. I've never been able to be perfect like that. But you sound like you're challenging yourself with new classes and things, so I'm sure you're making progress, even if it's not showing on the scale yet.

andrew, just excellent job all around.

pp, your dinner veggies sound yummy - how did you prepare all that?

guac, January sucks. Would you be able to get away? Maybe you just need a break. If not, get some time outside the next time the sun's out - even if you have to bundle up in 3 layers, the sun will feel good.

sparx, what a great week you had! hope you enjoyed dinner out.

shining, sounds like a good day to me.

lady, I have the grazing issue too. Most nights I just cut off my food in the late afternoon and don't eat at all once I get home.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #227  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Mon Jan 23
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= leftover steak in a sandwich with spicy ranch dressing
S=1/2 apple
D= Baked potato smothered in 1/2 can turkey chili, added cheese
S= fudgepop
S= 1/2 apple + 1TB PB
E= 32min cardio/weights circuit + 50min stretch fusion {CS} workouts

Today was pretty much a regular Monday except I didn't bake bread today, because we have a stockpile in the freezer. And I did a little more cleaning in the sewing room.

Right = didn't eat as much as I have in days past, exercised

Regret = actually had a pretty good day today.

Natamars, Sorry to hear about your DS! Hope he's feeling better! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/s...ipe/index.html This is the recipe I started with. I always have to change something, lol. I mixed the glaze and coated the veggies first, then prepared the chicken to put on top, by pulling out extra fat, giblets, etc. I made a rub out of garlic powder, paprika, thyme, dry mustard, poultry seasoning and rubbed that under the skin all over the chicken {hubby watched but I couldn't get him to help here, }. I forgot to rub oil on the skin of the bird but it was okay. I also added onion and sweet potato to the veggies.

NE, This can be very frusterating! Be tough, don't give up!

Andrew, good job on your losses!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-23-2012 at 11:42 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:21 AM   #228  

My right calf has been hurting today and tonight. Really bummed about it. I felt so great on my run this morning but myb I over did it. Bummer!!! I hope that it is just something minor. I guess I know its something minor I just hope it heals quick. Trying not to get discouraged because that does not lead me to good places.

Nat, so sorry about ur son, thats interesting about ur UDDD, is it every other day?

I think its true, it takes a strong extra effort to lose vs to maintain. And patience is a part of that... i need to hear that right now...

Last edited by shiningthru; 01-24-2012 at 02:22 AM.
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

I got a new pair of running shoes last week and used them for the first time Friday. They were a little uncomfortable, but I got my run in anyway. I put them on last night to get my run in and I made it 6 minutes before I had to take them off and put my old ones on. Ugh! They're going to have to go back. When I put them on initially, they felt fine. It wasn't until I had run in them that they became excruciating. Too much arch for my feet. They're causing me to cramp up. Back to the running store.

So, I made a pretty large blunder yesterday. I ate something I shouldn't have and it threw me for a loop. I still managed to eat the right amount of calories, but I struggled all day and nutritionally wasn't the best day. Lesson learned, don't eat stuff that you shouldn't just to be polite.

I got my run in and ran 3 miles. I slowed down, and kind of enjoyed it. I had to take a break 6 minutes in to change shoes but that was only a couple of minutes. Listening to "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" on my ipod. It's pretty good.

Shining Make sure you are getting plenty of rest. Nothing sets you back like an injury.
Nat Ugh! No fun. Hope he gets to feeling better. Hang in there.
Patch I'll bet your house smells wonderful. How do you stand it?
NE Stick with it. It'll come. You could try calorie cycling, or switching up your exercise. Our bodies adapt to our changes pretty quickly.

Last edited by andrew80k; 01-24-2012 at 07:54 AM.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #230  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Yesterday was ok food wise until I got home, ate to much dinner. This is really something I need to work on.
Thank you all for your support. I think this morning I decided that my attitude was starting to suck and I need to take a step back and look at how far I have come. Would I like to lose 10 more pounds, you bet. I still have plenty to lose but I feel like I am putting too much stress on myself. I need to really take some time to appreciate my hard work, continue to eat the best I can, exercise, enjoy the new classes I am going to take and go from there.

Nat-Sorry about your son. I have two sick teenagers at home right now too, its no fun for you or them. Hope he is feeling better soon and I REALLY hope that he does not share the fun with you.

Andrew-Sorry about the shoes. If you get them from a good running store they will generally take them back if they do not work out for you, even after you have used them.

PP-I am glad you had a good day yesterday. Those good days can really make us feel good about ourselves!

Hope you all have a very happy Tuesday. Getting my hair done tonight and I cannot wait. It is driving me nuts.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #231  

Andrew, since I'm home all day I get used to and can't smell the yummy smells. Its funny to watch Hubby come home from work and see him stand at the door and take a deep breath, sometimes he'll tell me he could smell dinner as soon as he got out of the car.

NE, I think taking some time to reflect on you hard work is a good idea. One thing I have learned is sometimes we learn more from the process than we do the goal. If I woke up tomorrow at my goal weight I would of course be happy but I'm pretty sure I would regain because I haven't learned how to maintain.

Shining, I'm a big fan of Aspercream myself. Hope your leg feels better. I usually have rest days but I can always tell when I've overdone a workout because the next day I climb out of bed feeling hit my a truck...allover sore.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #232  

I didn't sleep very well last night Injuries really stress me out. Im not sure if I stress ate last night or what, I was actually really hungry, but eating late at night is not my idea of a good plan. Well, I didn't go crazy and my calories for yesterday were about 1600, not as low as they have been lately, but not bad. I guess its like a calorie cycling day. I really like that idea anyway. I ended up eating 2 oz turkey, 1 slice lowfat swiss, 3 corn thins, and about 1 serving or less of ..... dark chocolate almonds... yes thats right, so mostly it was good... well, they were organic Not going to beat myself up about it today!

The good news, leg feels a little better today even tho I only got about 5 hrs sleep. I may go today or tmrw to my massage therapist if it is still really bothering me. She is kinda a miracle worker. I just was there last week, more for relaxation, but its important to not let this get to me.

Thx Andrew it helps to have the feedback. I just finished the 1st book, Girl w/ Dragon Tatoo and Im going to go see the movie soon. I can't wait! Maybe I'll go tonight while Im resting my leg.

Patch, thx for the idea, I like China Gel, and I didn't use any last night, should have. I did take a hot bath.

NEmom, I like ur reflection on all ur hard work. You have really done so great!! That might be good for me to do today as well. Ive been doing really well for 20 days now! And I feel so much better than I did 20 days ago!!

Nat, hope ur kiddo is doing better

ok, have a good day everyone, will check in more later
Old 01-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #233  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Shining - feel better with your injury!

Nat - I never got used to cleaning up vomit - even if it's from my kid! Hope he feels better soon.

Patch - Your baking sounds divine!

NE - I wish I were 10 lbs away from goal! It is frustrating to hit a plateau, but you know how to do this! You have a good method, it's worked before, it will continue to work - just at a revised pace.

So, my husband left a fresh box of donuts at home this morning. When I tell you it took all my will power not to dive in! I made a big pot of veggie soup (had about 4 cups), had 2 Greek yogurts with cereal, an apple, and 4 small salmon/tomato corn/flax wraps. Basically, I really overate today to keep from eating the donuts. At least it was healthy stuff. Sometimes I really feel like my husband is trying to sabotage me.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #234  

ok donuts are unfair... i think they are actually evil lol

great job Guac on staying away from them!

Hanging in, my calf feels ok, not super but not too bad. Im going to use some china gel tonight. I really want to be able to run tmrw, but that might not happen, It feels like just a tight muscle but still... so maybe a walk in the desert or go to the gym and ride the bike....

I made some green juice today. It was fun to make, haven't gotten out the juicer in a long time and it was good, thirst quenching. But can I say GADGETS... on my counter right now is the crock pot, the blender, the food processor (because Ive been making this raw apple/strawberry sauce) and now the juicer... its a little nuts! Good thing I dont have a coffee pot, just a french press... lol!!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #235  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Had a good dose of omega3 today with my salmon.Hubby filled the freezer last summer i have really enjoyed the fresh fish.

did good OP today. Walked and Swam felt good. Had to take a pain pill later my lower back was feeling a little sore.
I was a good day today.
cheers. ladysheets
ladysheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #236  

Tues, Jan 24
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= 2 c salad greens, extra carrots, drizzle dressing, leftover chicken pasta
S= few spoonfuls choc ice cream, 1/2 apple
S= 1/2 c dry cereal
D= homemade chicken and veggie stirfry with brown rice
S= 2 pumpkin/chocolate muffins
E= 45min cardio + 25min stretch fusion

Right = has a few spoonfuls of ice cream but wasn't enjoying it so I threw the rest out and had an apple instead {was that really me?}, exercised

Regret= I made the muffins but was only supposed to have ONE!

I agreed to give a devotional Thursday morning in front of 300+ people. Public speaking is not my thing; I am naturally shy, and I spent 8 years of my childhood in speech therapy for stuttering. {yay for forums!} I gave the devotional in front of a smaller group of women, then was asked to give it again. Naturally, I was flattered and agreed, but the closer the date gets the harder I have to work to not be nervous!

Ladysheets, I'm glad to hear you had a good day. Does your Hubby fish?

Guac, is he trying to drive you nuts or get his donuts thrown away???

Shining, I like gadgets too, but I have a really tiny kitchen with only one electrical plug so I have to be selective about what stays out.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Yesterday was just strange. DW took one of our DDs to get her haircut while I stayed to presumably work out and help the other one with her homework. So the phone kept ringing, and I couldn't seem to get in a rhythm on my work out. I almost got it all in, but came up a couple of sets short on my abs work when DW showed back up with dinner. She got me the lowest calorie Panera Breads sandwich they had. And it was quite good. But it was still 600 calories and while still within my working limit, was more than I really needed. I was closer to maintenance than deficit. I still had 600 calorie deficit, but that's not the 1000 that I like to maintain.

Guac Good job on the donut avoidance.
Shining Hope your leg is feeling better today.
Patch You'll do just fine... Take a deep breath...
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #238  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Had a decent night with food last night. Had to have a quick dinner before I got my hair done, which took 2 1/2 hrs. Good thing I really like the person who does my hair.
Food so far today has been on target but generally I do ok at work, its when I get home and on the weekends that I have trouble.
My state of mind is much better today since I decided to no push so hard to lose the last 10lbs, will keep working on it but am focusing more on appreciation and exercise.
Found some really good home exercises today on the Multi Grain Cheerios Fitness website. I am going to watch them a couple more times and then give it a shot at home. Have bootcamp tonight and Thursday.

Nat- How is your son? Better I hope
Shining-Take care of your leg. When I tried a running program last summer I got tendinitis in my knees and it took over 3 weeks to heal. Have not tried it again.
Patch-You will do great on your presentation! Good job throwing the ice cream out and grabbing the apple.
Andrew- You dedication continues to inspire me. I am glad your DW was thinking of you and got the lowest cal sandwich for you.

Happy hump day all!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 191/185/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
Kandy - another suggestion - sign up for one of the free food log/calorie counting websites. For a few days - even just one day - track every food and beverage that you consume. I know that when I did this I was SHOCKED at how many calories, fats, and carbs I was consuming. This was after I had already lost about 30 lbs and thought that I was eating fairly healthy. It was a real eye opener and helped me to get a realistic perspective on what I was really putting into my body every day. I now track my calories every few days to make sure I am on track and I just started tracking exercise - so I know how many calories I am burning too.
I have been tracking my calories with livestrong.com and so far have been keeping my daily calories below 1350 and drinking plenty of water, although I'm sure I could drink more. One of my problems is, although I am keeping my calories under 1350 a day, what I am eating for dinner isn't allways the healthiest. What I'm eating for Breakfast and lunch is fairly healthy, it's just dinner that's the toughest because I cook for hubby and he insists on "normal" food. So I just try to eat dinner in moderation. I took 3 days off last week, then have been back on the treadmill again everyday since Monday. I've added in more jogging now too. I guess I'll find out if anythings changed when I get on the scales again later this week. But I'm definitely going to buy new digital scales soon.
kandyrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 294/267.4/154

Height: 5'6"

I am joining you all late! I just joined this site a few days ago. I am 43 and just started trying to lose weigh Jan 2, 2012. I hope to be inspired by your post as well as be an inspiration for you all.
MzMoMo is offline   Reply With Quote