Old 01-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #211  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I'm working on cleaning up my sewing room. I used to sew a lot so I made the 'breakfast room" a sewing room. This is a weird room that used to be a 3rd bedroom but previous owners took out part of a wall to create a passway from this room to the kitchen, opening up a outside storage room to create a laundry room. My sewing room has a big window to the backyard, so it has a nice view anyway, and gets lots of sunshine. Its a pretty small room and since its now a hallway from the laundry room {and I use that term loosely...picture a closet just big enough for a stack washer/dryer!} I have to keep a center pathway clear. I don't sew much anymore but things tend to collect in the room and my sewing machine is still out on the desk for the occasional fix. I put away a few things then go do something else for a while {like post here} so I don't get overwhelmed!

Shining, hope you have a good hike.

Kandy, I recommend a new scale also. I had a $20 digital Heathometer which was great and very accurate but decided to splurge on a scale that told me water, bone, muscle precentages which was interesting but not really worth the extra money, sometimes I just wish I had kept the old one.

Andrew, I haven't read NROWL, but know some people on my exercise forum who got great results following the program.

Natamars, I have several 10 Min Solution pilates dvds with short programs. I like the benefits of pilates but find I can only take it in short sessions, lol, and many of the pilates exercises are very similar to traditional back exercises.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-20-2012 at 02:20 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #212  

The good news is that while I was in the sewing room I was prompted to finish making the cushions for my 'new to me' rocking chair! So now I might spend more time in there since I have a comfy place to sit. The bad news is now that I have another comfy place to sit, I might spend more time sitting.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #213  

Hi friends

Patch Love ur sewing room story today. Comfy seating is crucial!!! Ive been working on cleaning out an upstairs room of mine. I tend to get a little overwhelmed with it, so a couple times I have done 30 min sessions, sometimes it goes a lil longer but I commit to 30 min. And Im making progress.

Well, I did my hike! So proud of myself! It was quite challenging, everything is a lil weak still, but I did it! And January in Arizona is so beautiful!
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #214  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Ive had a good busy day today. stayed OP. got some new work out clothes in the mail today so now i have plenty of pants and tops to wear.
TGIF Im pooped tonight.
Everyone should have a little space of their own. if it has a big sunny window then your really lucky
Have a great weekend Girls, Ladysheets
ladysheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #215  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Bad day yesterday - my son had to stay home from school sick and I had to balance keping an eye on him and getting a full day of work in at home. He is 8 and fairly independent, but he would start to feel better and get too active, then feel worse and get clingy. I ate over 2100 calories, and I know it was stress. Couldn't get to the gym either. It's a new day today.

lady, congrats on another OP day.

pp, sounds like you had a productive day.

kandy, I ordered an Omron scale from Amazon that also measures body fat and weighs in .2 increments. I keep telling myself the body fat % is inaccurate because it still has me at 36% even though I am not technically "overweight" and I exercise 5 days a week. I do think the weight is accurate though, as I've compared it with weight at the doctor. It shows your BMI also.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #216  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Hi,
I didnt have the best evening last night,got board and started grazing.
I kept telling myself thats enough.
Today is another day and so far i am ok. Gotta keep on track in the evenings my hardest time.
N

Natamars hope your boy is feeling better now. No fun being sick.
ladysheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #217  

Fri Jan 20
B= coffee
L= Chilis leftovers 2 chicken fajitas
S= grapes
D= 2 square slices homemade meatball pizza, {I tried a homemade crust, not a big success}
S= 1/2 lf fudge pop, 1/2 c ice cream
S=chips {sigh}
E= none

Yesterday wasn't a good day for me either. My back keeps hurting, as it does, but I think yesterdays sewing aggravated it. Also, Its TOM, I wanted to go to the store to get a single serving of ice cream, which I did, but then Hubby bought fudge pops and a pint of ice cream for himself. Not helping!!! He didn't force me to eat 1/2 a pop but it didn't help that it was there! Looking at my meals for the past few days, my mornings have been a bit skimpy so maybe that's contributing to my night snacking??

I have an NSV to report. I was able to buy a smaller sized jean today. 20->18w. Strangely enough my favorite jeans are 18m, which now fit also, proving that sizing is weird!

Shining, I'm glad you had a good hike. Planning short cleaning periods is a good idea. Its easy to get overwhelmed if a project seems too big. I also managed to clean off a shelf so I have more places to put stuff keeping the floor clean. I think part of the problem is the room as turned into a dumping ground since I don't spend any time in there. Easier just to dump and go then take the time to find a home for something.

Ladysheets, Glad to hear you are OP. I wish I could say the same.

Natamars, If your scale has an 'athlete' setting try weighing on it. Hope your boy is feeling better.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #218  

Sat Jan 21
B= 2 c milk, vits, 2 slices homemade cinnamon bread french toast, syrup, 1 slice bacon, 1 mug coffee
L= 1/2 Commissary BBQ sand, beans, 1 deviled egg, few sips of Hubby's coffee
S= 5 Dove + 2 TB PB
D= 2 slices leftover homemade meatball pizza, 1 choc truffle
E= none {April didn't get her dog walk, it was raining}

Right= splitting BBQ with Hubby; spreading my meals thoughout the day

Regret= probably would have been just as happy with 1 slice toast; no exercise but I could have done a DVD.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:45 AM   #219  

Hi all
Well i stayed fairly ok today but kinda by the skin of my teeth... lol. I was super tired and here I am up late again tonight. Gna keep it short and get to sleep here. I had some dark chocolate after lunch today (didnt have it after breakfast so that is a positive... ) And I stopped after 2 pieces. Really pretty good considering I wanted a lot. But Im so tired today and kinda emotional etc... myb TOM... And I ate lunch out today and this time I really enjoyed it and it was healthy and yummy. Also my dinner at home was good, relaxed and not as high protein as normal. So I think it was good actually, it wasnt a super clean food day, but it was also my day off of exercise and kinda nice to relax a little... Just so long as it wasn't diving into that chocolate... to relax

p.s. a bit sleepy hope that made some sense

Last edited by shiningthru; 01-22-2012 at 02:45 AM.
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 231/174/153

Height: 5ft8

Hi all,
Patch - hope ur back is better
Shining - well done on ur hike
Natamars - hope ur boy is feeling better
Ladysheets - oooo enjoy ur new clothes

Im just checking in had a good week, I have fitted in some 5k power walks and even introduced some weight training which I have never tried before tonight tho is my fellas birthday and I will be enjoying a nice glass of red wine just the one tho!

Last edited by Sparx; 01-22-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #221  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone! Feeling really blah today. I have been craving sugar really badly, but I don't even have any cheat foods in the house to binge on! It's making me angry, but at the same time, I know that I will be glad in the morning. I really want a brownie or some chocolate chip cookies right now, though.

I am feeling really down. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to or be excited about. The weather is awful, and I really need sunshine and walks to perk me up, but it's not possible right now.

I think that being stuck at the same overweight weight for the past couple weeks is getting to me too. A few months ago, I was feeling so pumped about going down sizes and shopping. Now, it's more of the same and I feel like I am struggling to maintain my current weight loss much less lose more. I want that high back that I get from losing weight.

Lots of people are going warm places and taking vacations - I think I am down because I have nothing like that planned. Anyway, I didn't eat too badly today, that's about all I can say about the success of my day.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #222  

Guac, I'm sorry you are feeling so down. Its tough to be stuck at one weight for a while, even though we feel like we are working so hard to lose. Mr Scale won't co-operate! Just remember that every good choice is one step closer to goal.

Sparx, great job on the good week. Hope you guys have a nice bday celebration!

Shining, good job on the chocolate! Hope you have a restful night.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #223  

Jan 22, Sun
B= 2 coffee, 1 c milk, vits
L= green salad, drizzle dressing, leftover chicken pasta
S= 1/2 apple
D= 1 wings + 1 leg roasted chicken plus veggies {onion, red potato, sweet potato, carrots, brussel sprouts};
S= 5 Dove + 1 TB PB
S= fudgepop
E= 60min cardio

Right = the first half of my day went well; exercised on rest day

Regret = the fudgepop; overeating at dinner
Old 01-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

So, not a bad weekend. I wasn't extremely strict with myself. It was nice, I made good choices for the most part, and planned for the not so good ones. I haven't really taken statistical measure of myself since I started and I had really planned to start them weekly after the first month, but I went ahead and took all the measures that I did when I started 3 weeks ago.

Weight: 9 lbs lost.
BF%: 1% lost.
Measure: 1 inch lost from middle section.

Yesterday was day off of exercise. I got my upper body in of Saturday, and my run in Friday night.

Still a long way to go, but I'm getting there.

Guac
hang in there. This too shall pass.
Patch Nice job on the sewing room. I've been working on my all-purpose room and it finally is taking shape.

Last edited by andrew80k; 01-23-2012 at 07:47 AM.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #225  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

guacamole - I am feeling the same BLAH's you have. The last couple of weeks have really been a struggle to stay focused and not give up. Food has not been too bad but if I am honest, I know I have not been perfect either.
Really wanting to lose the additional weight, have plenty of extra fat to lose, and I know deep down I can do it but not giving up is tough.
One day at a time, keep repeating the ultimate goals and we'll get there.

Happy Monday all. Hope you have a great start to a new week.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote