I'm back!

• I was a pretty active member here last spring/summer and really did great as far as weight loss...didn't lose a ton of weight compared to others, but felt comfortable, lost inches...and was pretty happy Well come the end of summer and I had a severe personal crisis which I'm still going through and turned to food for comfort...gained it back..and I'm feeling awful. Now I have the task of starting from square one....and trying to decide which direction to go. Low carb was the only thing that ever truly worked for me.....I am going to start logging into fatsecret again. I just wanted to post here and say hello and hope that I can get into a thread that keeps me accountable.....thanks for listening!!
  • zumba!!! so good to see you. I too was off the site for a few months and gained weight back. I've also gone through some problems both at work and at home..the stuff at home is ongoing and I don't know how it will turn out.

I've been back on for a few weeks and it feels good to have some control over one aspect of my life.

Great to see you again! I'm sorry for what you've gone through, and hope that being back here and in control of your diet and exercise will help.
  • NAT!!!!!!!!!!!! So good to see you!! I was wondering if you were still here...you were my weight loss buddy last spring for sure....are there any challenges or threads you go to daily for accountability?
  • I'm in the "get me out of the 130's thread" and the 40-something daily posts..maybe we need to start a challenge? What's your survival plan for the holidays? I don't have too many events, so I can eat around those. I've been trying to not eat at night and to either get to the gym or jog outside 6 days out of the week..I've also been doing a lot of stairs with a coworker at lunch, 20 minutes or so. Just getting over a bad cold that hit me Sunday night, so eased back into the exrecise with 35 min on the elliptical last night. And ate too much when I was sick, so avoiding the scale until the weekend.

What have you been up to? Still teaching a lot of classes?
  • Welcome back! Posting regularly on this site does give me a sense of accountability and control over my weight. It's a great community.
  • Welcome back!
  • Hey Zumba and Nat

Great to see you both all the Christmas junk food is gone.... one more Family event left in the season.... the best success I have had was last year when we all did our challenges.... lets do it again!!!