3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   New to 3 Fat Chicks! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/246840-new-3-fat-chicks.html)

Sadie69 11-10-2011 07:51 PM

New to 3 Fat Chicks!

I just stumbled on this site and I am hoping that this will be the thing that will help me create a healthy lifestyle, lose the weight (again!) and keep it off this time. I have yo-yo'd so much in the past ten years....I just want to do the work this time and then keep it off and continue with the healthy lifestyle. I am hoping that I can make some great connections through this website and find the encouragement and accountability that I need to keep my butt in line! Please send me any helpful information that you may have. I have a two week kickoff of the Ideal Protein diet and want to kick off my weight loss with that program!

twinieten 11-11-2011 09:50 PM

Welcome to 3FC and to this journey!! Good luck with the Ideal Protein Diet! It looks like a great plan! I'm counting calories for now. In the last year I've done hCG, and Atkins. Now it's Bodybugg and counting. The loss is slow, but it's coming off. Please update us on how it goes!

Please make sure to take your before picture, and your measurements! I started last year at 212, before I started posting here. Using a tripod, I took pictures of myself and then I put the memory card away. I have never looked at them! I couldn't bring myself to see them then, and I'm not ready now. I've taken more pictures since then. I'll be pleased to share them all when I reach my goal in the section of 3FC.

Measurements are just another point of reference, and it's nice to see the change in inches over time.

lyv33 11-17-2011 12:19 AM

Welcom to the site. It certainly is a great supportive community.

evilwomaniamshe 11-17-2011 07:44 AM

Welcome aboard & good luck with your plan! :)

Amberlin2011 11-17-2011 11:07 AM

I also just joined 3FC. I have struggled with my weight after my last pregnancy in which I gained 40 lbs and haven't lost it yet. Its been 8 years so I can't call it "the baby weight" anymore. I have been yo-yo dieting for the past couple months. I know I need to get out and walk as well as eat healthy and drink lots of water. I tend to be a binger when stressed, depressed or fatigued which always blows my diet. It doesn't help that there's always free food in the breakroom at work. I am hoping to find support and inspiration in this forum.

Pag0206 11-17-2011 11:45 AM

welcome. Hope all the support here helps. I just count calories so I am no help with the idwal protein diet. But, I do find trolling around on this site everyday helps keep me motivated. This is the first year the holiday foid does not scare me. Woot, bring it on I have the willpower.

kirsteng 11-17-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amberlin2011 (Post 4111424)
I also just joined 3FC. I have struggled with my weight after my last pregnancy in which I gained 40 lbs and haven't lost it yet. Its been 8 years so I can't call it "the baby weight" anymore. I have been yo-yo dieting for the past couple months. I know I need to get out and walk as well as eat healthy and drink lots of water. I tend to be a binger when stressed, depressed or fatigued which always blows my diet. It doesn't help that there's always free food in the breakroom at work. I am hoping to find support and inspiration in this forum.

First of all, I could have written this! :lol: I also gained baby weight... EIGHT YEARS AGO... and still haven't taken it off. I'm working on it - 15 more pounds of that, then the other 40 pounds, once and for all! :)

And welcome Sadie - you and I are similar heights and weights, so let's support each other on this journey, okay? :hug: GL with your Ideal Protein - I'm another calorie counter, so I'll be interested to see how it works for you!

SoniaCarrillo 11-17-2011 02:58 PM

Just stumbled upon this site and JOINED.
I'm on day 4 of the Ideal Protein diet.
I've had weight issues my entire life and am sick & tired of being sick & tired of it. :)
I welcome all thoughts and comments :)

Moondance 11-17-2011 03:04 PM

Hi and welcome to the boards everyone!

:welcome:

Carol999 11-17-2011 07:03 PM

I just joined yesterday but I've been dieting since June 2011 and have lost 60 pounds so far. I walk and diet. The hardest part was the 4 month mark when I just didn't lose weight no matter what I did. My body had gotten used to the diet and excerise. It happens to everyone so have a plan in place before it does. What I've researched is to change the excerise and the diet at that point. I have and I've startd lossing again. Good Luck.

attagirl125 11-19-2011 08:55 PM

I just stumbled across this too. I think it looks amazing.

chicklett 11-27-2011 01:59 AM

hi everyone, i just joined yesterday. lol. looking forward to making some friends and making a healthier lifestyle. :flow1:

natamars 11-27-2011 08:05 AM

Welcome to all the newbies! This is a great site. Keep coming here, especially when you're struggling. My latest in a series of mistakes was avoiding this site when things weren't going well!

chicklett 11-28-2011 01:14 PM

i will keep checking in, im tired of making mistakes!!:goodvibes

prissyhedgerow 11-28-2011 04:46 PM

Hi. I just joined a few minutes ago. I'm ready to diet. I've never actually tried to diet before. Until about 10 years ago, I didn't really think I had a weight issue. I think I got fat and happy. I wasn't heavy until I got married and I adopted more of my husband's preferences then what I used to do. I got comfortable and complacent. After a recent health scare with him, and necessary and immediate steps we've both taken to correct that, I'm ready to do more, have more, and be more. Thank you for reading this and I look forward to meeting many of you as we support each other. Have a great day!