Old 10-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Annie, smores brownie baked thing mmmmmmmmmmm, so how do you make that, i was going to make something for tomrrow dinner as I have not had thinksgiving with my kids yet, so having a turkey. My daughter went to her inlaws and my son was working so wanted to make something for when we were were all together, was gonna make either chocolate cake or brownies and brownies are everybodies favorite. How do you turn it into a smore????
Hubby got an interview for the job he applied for. It is on Tuesday hoping he gets it.
Staying on track today dont want to gain back what i lost.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #32  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been discouraged because I feel stuck since I haven't lost anything in a long time.

Annie, smores brownie cake thing sounds wonderful!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #33  

PP - 'The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak'. I understand completley what your feeling, it gets so discouraging when we stay the same we have been for a long time. The fact that you are here is great though, we have to work at it, giving up is not an option even though i too feel like what is the point. But in the last few weeks, I feel better emotionally about it all. I still have bad eating days of course but something inside me changed and I feel mentally better. I was hoping this will change my outlook and make me feel more normal. Sometimes the change is slow but it is working. I also ate too much candy this week and I can sure tell that by how I feel. I will pray for you this weekend.

I decided to forgo the brownie smore thing, I just love brownies too much and dont want another binge after just getting back on track. So this morning on the way to work I stopped at safeway and in the morning they always have a bakery clearance rack. I bough two caremal apple crumbles. I wont eat any at all as I only like homemade apple crisp but at least this is something different from all the cakey gooey yummy stuff. If I had the time I would have made a apple crisp but not this week. Looking forward to having turkey carrots and stuffing tonight and the family over.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:55 PM   #34  

I'm sure all of you have heard these two phrases before

"you can't out exercise a sedentary lifestyle"

"you can outeat your exercise routine" {something like that...}

At any rate. I think these are two of my problems. I spend a lot of time sitting so even if I do exercise its not enough. When I used to quilt a lot I would set a kitchen timer so every 45min I would get up {in addition to the standing to arrange fabric and ironing seams} but these days it seems I sit for hours before I get up. I'm trying to change that. While I may not resort to a timer I'm trying to think of reasons to get up and not just wait until I have to get up to do things.

Exercise: I've been on an extended break for the past few months first it was just too hot, then the temps finally cooled down and my allergies kicked in. No more excuses. I have 10 new DVD's coming and I plan on trying them all! I need to get back in gear. I've had success before in two shorter workouts a day rather than 1 long workout but some days I just can't do that, while some days I can. I'll put some thought to it and see what kind of weekly rotation I can come up with. I can always hop on the treadmill for 30 min. While I enjoy weights more than cardio, I haven't gotten a lot of results from majority weight workouts so I'm planning on upping my cardio and when I do weights do a cardio/weights circuit workout.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #35  

Hey PP - I saw one of those posted on somebodies signature but can't remember who. I think it was 'you can't outexercise bad eating habits'.

I am sorry you are having such a tough time, this is very very hard. We are such creatures of habit. Are you able to go out on your own. I know you have some vision problems but I was not sure the extent. Do you live near the grocery store or post office, if you what about taking a walk to the store if you need to mail something or walking to the grocery store to pick up a few light things to carry home.
It is great you are getting the videos I hope they are good ones.
I have stayed within 7 pounds in the last year, I did recently loose a couple pounds but they are so hard to keep off too.
It is soo easy to be discouraged, how is your bible study going?
Old 10-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

UGH! I'll be honest with you ladies. One of the reasons I haven't been posting more is because of this piece of CRAP notebookk computer I have to use at work. It is so damn touchy! I was just composing a post here a few min. ago and it just completely deleted the entire thing! Most of the time I just don't bother to go back and redo them. So frustrating.

So.....if anyone wants the brownie smores thing recipe, I'll be glad to share here, but don't want to tempt anyone needlessly.

Patch-I saw a story the other day about knitting sweaters for penguins affected in a recent oil spill and instantly thought of you. Also saw a story about making "jumpers" for little hens who needed them. I can find links if it is something you would be interested in.

Food is so-so right now. I doubt I make my goal by year's end. Exercise is better so it's evening out. Still want to get back to losing.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #37  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Just checking in.....finally have my house back to myself again!!! Guests are gone, heavy party meals are over, and it's time to get back on track. Not easy, but doable. I saw another person that I haven't seen in a few months yesterday. She told me how "skinny" I looked. I felt good about her remark, but in my mind, I know that I am still clinically obese.

I have been struggling to get to an "overweight" category BMI (179lbs for me) for the past 4 months and can't get there. I keep struggling to maintain 181, and keep going up 5 lbs, and going back down 5 lbs. 181 lbs is the lowest I can seem to go. I need to break this limit, but can't seem to go the extra mile needed to get there.

I saw a TV show with Dr. Oz that talked about how deadly belly fat is, and I have so much of it! I know that losing the weight is about more than a smaller dress size. It's about staying alive! I need to buckle down now.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #38  

Good to hear from you Annie, sorry for the computer, sometimes i have typed out my comments in a work document then cut and pasted. How did your whole house thing end up working out?

Guac - it is nice when people notice for sure, it is hard to get past certain hurdles as i do the same thing, hope you hve a better week.

My food has been good one day bad the next. I have upped some of my exercise so feel stronger. Started taking a vitamin d calcium suppletment and vitamin with iron and feeling better since doing that. I have always beeen low on iron so hopefully the good feeling keeps up. Good food day today, I am hungry now but not sure what I want either a slim fast shake or some sort of meat, and I forgot any meat at home today.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #39  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Hi all, good to see your all still here!

I've been so busy cooking in the evening, I have no time to post!
I cook healthy meals for myself, then I also have to cook for Hubby & Daughter, since they won't eat the healthy stuff. Daughter does eat my meals sometimes at least. I have to go to bed at 9:30pm. There is not enough time in the day!

I'm still exercising everyday, but my calories have been way over limit for a while. I love to bake from Oct. thru the holiday's, so I gained weight. Monday i started dieting, this is the third day of staying a little lower than my calorie range. I am seeing results, hopefully I can keep going straight thru Halloween! Since it's my favorite holiday, it will be next to impossible!

Hope everyone is doing well!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #40  

Ooops, wander off for a few days and all sort of fun people stop by!

Annie, sweet of you to think of me, I've seen the penguins but not the hens. I can do a search. Sorry about the computer but glad you tried. I tend to write out the post then not hit 'submit'.

Ashley, along with a regular multi I take Iron and Magnesium {for migranes}. At my yearly physical, the tech commented I had a nice strong Iron reading, LOL. Thanks for the ideas. If April continues to improve I might be able to take her for a walk. bible study is going great. We are learning so much. Revelation and end times are both such controversial and difficult topics to cover and understand.

Guac, congrats on the SKINNY comment! good for you! Parties are fun but its Nice to have peace and quiet again. I seem to go up and down that same 5lbs. I feel like I work so hard and all I do is maintain.

FL, good to hear from you. Your baking sounds fun. We have to go out on the day of Halloween to buy our candy or else it will get eaten ahead of time.

I've done three of my workouts over the past three days {note the new quote from Cathe's Afterburn DVD in my siggy} . Tomorrow will be a break/rest day for exercise. Tomorrow along with the regular Bible study we are having a brunch to welcome a couple from Nepal who are coming to visit us, and tell us more about their country. Mom and I volunteered to help with setup and cleanup.

I'm trying to be more positive and remember that every thing I do every decision is for the ultimate good of my overall health and even if I don't see immediate or significate progress I still need to keep at it. Giving up is not an option!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 10-26-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #41  

Hi FL - good to hear from you, the holidays can be hard I agree, specially halloween with all the stupid candy and emphasis on it. Way to go no the cooking I really need to do more of that.

PP - I always love to hear peoples stories from other countries, a school i use to work at we had a lot of international student in our office and I would always chat with them. One guy I got to know a little was from uzbeckistan I know I spelled that wrong) they had 6 day work weeks and 6 day school weeks, I lived in the U.S then and he loved our 5 day school and work days.

Was going along well yesterday, I have learned one more thing about myself. When I eat really well and am doing good i have more anxiety and energy and it scares me and sometimes I will eat to calm that down, yes i know it is dumb. But I am hoping have learned this is that I can regonize when my levels anxiety and energy levels are really high to just take a few moments of deep breathing and perhpas pray for a few moments to help calm that down. When this happens at work it is great I get tons of stuff done, or i go run it off at lunch but if it happens at home it can be a terrible trigger. so here we are again the calm after the storm of emotions, and after eating quite few halloween candy bars at work........
Old 10-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #42  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Hi Everybody,

I too have been MIA with life holding me 'hostage'. I went off my plan, but I guess it's a good one for me because the residue of it kept me at the weightloss I had when I went off! So, I am starting again today right where I left off.

B: Coffee
L: Water
D: will update
E: None tsk tsk tsk

Sending healthy, supportive and energetic vibes to everyone -------------------->
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #43  

Hubby and I got a stomach bug over the weekend. Add a double whammy with TTOM and I wasn't a happy Penguin!

Feeling better today. I got a lot of stuff done to make up for the weekend. Bread, laundry, clothes sorted for Goodwill, and random acts of cleaning and houseplant trimming. A few kids have come to the door but not as many as last year. I was good and didn't open the candy until after dinner but then kinda attacked it, LOL.

I was going to start a new thread for November but realized I didn't put a month on the last one so how about we just keep this one.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 249/241/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone. I am new here, just joined today. 48 year old male. The Buff is for my hometown, not for the shape of my body. Today's goal is no sweets, or beer and go for a long walk this evening. Plus lots of vegetables. I'm hoping the accountability and the support of a group will keep me from giving up on every other healthy eating plan I've tried.
BuffJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #45  
Je suis prest

Height: 5'7"

Ok, survived Halloween without too much cheating. Now to conquer the holiday season. It won't be easy, I think we've got some sort of party/gathering to go to every other weekend from now through early 2012.

That's a lot of buffets & potlucks to navigate. Oy.
fatbottomed girl is offline   Reply With Quote