Old 09-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #1  
sticking to my diet!

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Intro - my story

Hi!
My name is Sherry and I am 48 years old.
About 6 years ago I stopped smoking - and replaced the cigarettes with food.
I eat when I am happy, bored, sad, stressed....and sometimes for no reason at all. Year after year I gain more weight. I have started a ton of diets - only to fall off them pretty quickly.
I am ready to end this food addiction. It's controlling my life. I hate going out, being seen, getting my picture taken, etc.....how did I let this happen?
I started weight watchers about 1 1/2 weeks ago...and this time feels different. I am determined and hopeful that I will succeed.
So.....here I am!!
I lost 5 lbs my first week. I will get weighed in again on Thursday -
I don't have a goal weight yet - but I figure I need to lose about 65-70 lbs.
Thanks for listening.........
Sherry88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #2  

Default Hello

Hello Sherry! I am a newbie here at 3FatChicks, but wanted to respond to your posting as we have a lot in common. I am 43, will be 44 in March. I have about 115 pounds that I need to loose. I have been a yo yo dieter off and on for the past few years. I have tried quite a few weight loss plans to no avail. My husband recently got some very bad news from the doctor. If he does not change his lifestyle habits he is bound for a major heart attack. So we have decided to make the changes together.

It sounds like you are off to a good start. I have decided to start us on the South Beach diet because it is heart friendly and has been known for lowering cholesterol. Hubbies is 7 times the normal limits (Triglycerides) plus he is a type 2 Diabetic.

Hope to hear more from you soon, keep up the good work!

Gwen
fit4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #3  
Je suis prest

Height: 5'7"

I hear you on the whole picture taking thing. My daughter graduated from high school a few months back and while I was proud of her and excited to see her up on stage getting her diploma, all I could think was, "great, I'm gonna have to be in pictures..."

The weight thing really does consume us, doesn't it?

Anyway, best of luck to you. I'd like to lose close to the same amount, here's hoping we both can do it!
fatbottomed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/260/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm 41 and have battled with my weight also most of my adult life.I don't like looking in the mirror much less taking pictures.And the eating sounds so much like me,if I have an emotion that's a good enough reason for me to eat as any.Good luck and lots of success.
grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote