Old 04-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #121  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Today was supposed to be yoga day but I blew it off in favor of a new kickbox DVD called Train Like A Contender. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...tness-tlc-5990 I did two short premixes to get a feel for the two different workouts- combos and drills; total time 31min. Kelly was easy to follow and the moves simple but effective. I remember lots of hooks and jabs, LOL. I liked the workouts and look forward to trying more.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Annie - don't beat yourself up - you know that you can't always "eat like everybody else" and honestly the hardest parts of this whole thing are 1- metabolism's aren't fair or equal and 2 - hardest part about limiting / managing what we eat is the fact that unlike an alcoholic you can't quit eating... eating is required for living.. at least that's my take on it - look how far you've come you are an inspiration!!!

FL - food is powerful because for whatever reason it can and does sometime make us feel short term good (like any high) but we KNOW that it's not long term good... that said.. it's ok to fall off the wagon from time to time - the hard part is getting back on!

Work has officially become a crazy train for me - so with the stress level going through the roof the promise i make to myself is to take a 10 minute walk before putting any unplanned food in my mouth..
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning.

I ate horribly again yesterday, but at least I had good exercise. And my weight went down this morning--probably lost water retained during TOM. I don't feel good about weight loss when I've been eating badly--all I can think of is how much more weight I would have lost if I'd been eating right. Crazy, I know.

I WILL eat better today--I'm going to make sure I have no change or small bills, so if I want to buy something I will have to find change, which should give me time to come to my senses.

PPenguin--Enjoy your new vacuum. I bought a new one (23 year old machine finally broke down), and I love-love-love it.

That TV show sounds interesting; I will have to look around for it. I find it easier to quit things cold turkey, but as Sillycat pointed out--you can't quit eating.

Take care, everyone.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

NP-What day is it of the challenge??? Day 43??

Anyhoo....I weighed in this morning at 155.5, so I'm changing my ticker to motivate me....YIKES!! That will leave 10.5 pounds to lose to get to my challenge-goal of 145. I'll shoot for it; what can I lose?? Oh wait....10.5 pounds, THAT'S WHAT!! Again, I'm glad to have this challenge.

Did only 2 miles exercise this morning as I had to fold some laundry and drop Tootsie off at the vet for a spa day (hair and nails/skin issue check. Packed all of my leftover steamed veg and a small, healthy sammich for lunch and good snacks, too.

I'm so looking forward to this weekend. Fiance informed me last night that he may not be at my place until 7:30 this evening as it's Talladega weekend (NASCAR...) and he needs to catch a race before he comes into town. So with the racing and attending the spring football game at OU tomorrow (), I wonder if I will get all done that I want to. Need to work in my flower beds (remind me next year not to clean up and redo the mulch until AFTER the maple tree helicopters fall), cat proof said flower beds, possibly plant annuals, etc. I really want to get my windows washed, too. I found a healthIER cobbler recipe I may make this evening for fiance. I'm not sure if I'll cook supper or we may run over and pick up some Chinese. I've really had a craving for Chinese lately. Whichever, I am really going to try to stick to on-plan foods for at least part of the weekend. We plan to eat in Norman tomorrow when we go down for the game, so I am going to allow for that.

Have a healthy day everyone!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #125  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hello! Yes, Day 43 counting down to Day 1 ... I'm a better counter-upper than a counter-downer, apparently! Took yesterday off from activity (which sounds organized, but it's because I forgot to set the alarm in the morning and was busy all evening with volunteering at lunch) ... so today am walking at lunch with a friend and will be at 36 miles done, 64 to go after that. Tonight I'm meeting up with another friend to hear about her new relationship - excited for her. We'll enjoy Panera's - i'm trying to find something without TOO MUCH sodium to not affect me at ww weigh in tomorrow morning.

Annie - have a FUN weekend - did the bad storms in Okla yesterday affect you at all? Weekend looks to be crummy weather here - we'll see if I can even get the yard mowed - it needs it. Let us know how the cobbler comes out - i've made a raspberry one twice and it was SUPERB... the apple was okay.

My old home scale jived with WW scale pretty close, so I was okay with that - but this new scale is reading six pounds heavier than the old one and the ww scale and I get disgusted seeing that every morning. I'm debating taking it back because that just preys on my mind every day. I dunno - how crazy is that? If it were someone else, I'd be like, just KNOW that it's up a bit and don't sweat it, but when you're teetering between stuff, it's just mental. Six pounds is a heckuva lot - i don't see how to adjust the 0 setting, either... I want to ask hubby to check it but he thinks I'm obsessed and it frustrates him - he's like why do you think you need to lose weight? Don't listen to tv that says you need to weigh this... Don't worry so much... etc. The other day he said all your magazines are focused on this - you're obsessed. I got defensive and said, no - only Shape and Fitness are ... the others are peace-finding mags like Body & Soul, Yoga Journal, etc.

Sorry for the blah note. Blah. Shouldn't be blah on a FRIDAY!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #126  

NP-Just say no to the BLAHS!! My scale has been hinky, too. I think I want to buy a new one. So far this week, mine said 160 one morning (I about fainted!), then the next morning 155....definitely too big of a difference for me. Good luck with weigh in!

No, luckily the storms formed east of where I live (almost in fiance's back yard, though) and unfortunately spawned lots of tornadoes. One death reported as far as I know. So we do need rain, but I suppose I don't want to deal with tornadoes.

Enjoy your visit with your friend.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 04-15-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #127  
Enjoying la bella vita

Got in my FAST walk at lunch - this friend walks FAST (and I though I did...) but yowsers. Feels good to have burned up some calories, though. Now for lunch. Hm.

Wish we could send you all our rain - FruitLady probably feels the same!! It's building up now. Did you ever order a replacement dress?

PP - how's April doing now?

Lunch is crazy stuff - an ear of corn on the cob, 2/3 c baked beans for protein and fiber, and garden veggies - green giant. I used to REALLY like that but had it too much. Already chowed down on my apple.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Annie - sounds like you ahve a lot going on this weekend, hope you have a good time!
NP - well your hubby sounds like he gave you a agreat moral booster, make sure you are hearing what he is saying. that is awesome.

kitteh - always encouraging when the scale shows a loss.

I was hoping to walk at lunch but with all the snow and it froze the trail is going to be ice again which is crappy as it was finally nice and dry. I will just try and do inside i guess. yesterday was okay didnt eat dinner cause I was not hungry then got really hungry a 9 and decided to eat the leftover bowel of pasta (sheesh) right before bed. so wasnt hungry for breakfast and now to go and burn it of at lunch. I know better then to eat that much before bed. I shouldof just had a couple crackers or small bowelof healthy cereal.

Onward we go!
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #129  

NP, April is doing fine. We are letting her out of the crate more than we did last time, but because she could slip on the hardwood floors, reinjuring her leg we are keeping her in living room on the area rug as much as possible. She's a little confused about not being able to follow me around, but is being a good dog. We discovered that we don't have to keep her in the 'cone' as much if we keep checking on her. So I get up every few minutes to check on her and tell her she's a good dog; she's smart enough to not want to get into trouble and knows how to avoid it. I had a friend come and take me to the park once to walk with her, I feel I'm in pretty good shape but I was trailing about two steps behind her.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationalparker View Post
Did you ever order a replacement dress?
Nope, I decided that I do want a pretty, casual summer dress but am going to buy it somewhere I can try it on. I think I am done ordering online. Too many variables.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #131  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Yesterday's weather was so nice I didn't have time to post. Ate too many junk food calories yesterday, but not too bad. Still gained a pound even though I was doing yard work for 5 hrs. Had the worst stomach pain last night, i tried everything to help it, the only thing that worked was hot chocolate, isn't that weird? I was doubled over in pain, hubby thought i had a hernia! It wasn't that at all, I'm not sure what it was. Today's weather is so-so, a little sun & 58. It's gonna pour tomorrow, so better enjoy today I guess. Walked for 30 min. & I've been eating clean all day, hoping to lose this weight. I'm meeting up with old friends I haven't seen in 15yrs. tomorrow. I have a feeling I'm gonna get made fun of, I won't eat what they are making. They are all overweight, don't care how they eat, but I do! I wish they would take better care of themselves for health's sake. They are all in their 40's, you would think they would want to take better care of themselves. I can't wait to see them, they were my best buds when we were teenagers. I'm gonna have a busy weekend!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #132  
Enjoying la bella vita

I swear, sometimes i read posts on other areas of 3fc and wonder if they're jokes or what. I just posted to one that sounded like it was a joke. Why don't I just close it and think, everyone's so gullible. Why do I even care? Anyway ... just griping.

FL - have fun with your friends this weekend - they don't need to know why you're ordering/eating differently - if they ask and you don't want to say you're trying to be healthy, just say you're having stomach problems and this suits you better. Or say nothing and smile

PP - good news on April - hope you're feeling back to 100% over the weekend!

Ashley - are you counting down the days to your trip yet? Hope (!!!) there is good weather where you're heading. Have you started checking yet? Do you have the grands this weekend? Sounds like you could use some "YOU" time! Don't worry about the dinner last night; we've all done that - you'll rebound great! Sometimes something small just doesn't sound like what we're after.

Kitteh - good plan to not carry money/change! I like that idea!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #133  

NP, so what was the thread about?! You must tell us!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #134  
Enjoying la bella vita

ha ha - it was in general chatter and entitled "Don't Talk to Strangers" ... a member dressed up, met two guys before a college class she didn't know, got in the car with them to go who knows where, has a boyfriend, they started smoking pot, she's already given them both her phone number, and then she tells her boyfriend about it and he asks her to not do that stuff with strangers. HELLO? I thought it was a joke post - seriously - if you're not 7 you see all of the the issues with this. I don't find the innocence refreshing, etc. as others posted. I find it a joke and not sure that it wasn't a fake post.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationalparker View Post
ha ha - it was in general chatter and entitled "Don't Talk to Strangers" ... a member dressed up, met two guys before a college class she didn't know, got in the car with them to go who knows where, has a boyfriend, they started smoking pot, she's already given them both her phone number, and then she tells her boyfriend about it and he asks her to not do that stuff with strangers. HELLO? I thought it was a joke post - seriously - if you're not 7 you see all of the the issues with this. I don't find the innocence refreshing, etc. as others posted. I find it a joke and not sure that it wasn't a fake post.
What the....??? It is surprising some of the posts we get on here (diet-related or not). I have to remind myself that some of these folks are very young women who have not had life experience to deal with some of these issues (again, diet-related or not). I've made some comments that probably don't endear me to anyone on those threads, but I have to be honest.