Old 04-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #31  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Oh, Ashley - how frustrating for you with your son (well, and the SNOW) ... but it sounds like you're at the point of not enabling him by giving him that soft place to fall and he needs to deal with the repercussions of his choices. A struggle, I'm sure.

Annie - that's a shame with the hearing loss - is it permanent or might it improve once the condition is squared away?

PP - good news on April's surgery - whew, huh? Now, take care of YOURSELF!

FL - we had such strong winds on the weekend, i wanted to get outside in the yard but anything being cleaned/cleared would have just blown all over. NEED to!

Losing80- getting to see some progress on my 100-pushups. Still measley but my muscles are sore ... think we're going to get that stick blender in the next few weeks. Think he'd like to have the option of a nice smoothie for breakfast in the morning on his hour-drive to work in the summer - we could do them up at night and freeze, then just micro a smidge to get it to thaw a bit. I'm a planner, can you tell? ha ha!

Phoenix - great job on the weight loss! Keep a hold on those pants - no flashing at work What veggies are you planning to grow?

I had such a major food day yesterday that didn't end until close to the end of the men's Final Four game, but counted it all and need to stick right at my points target each day now. BUT have two friends from home in town today and we're meeting for a late lunch at a downtown restaurant. I'm hoping to either go with a plain grilled chicken breast and fruit or something else light. Brought fruit to eat now because I'm an early (well, i guess and late) eater.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #32  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Ashley- I've been there, my son is 25. He was still living at home for free, had no job, & took no responsibility for anything, his room stank. He never cleaned, it was filthy. He drove me nuts, we were fighting so much, I couldn't have him here anymore. He's been living with his grandmother for 6mo. let her deal w/ him. Your son has an excellent job at least.

Rainy & cold today, I'm a little sore from the yard work. Didn't exercise, instead we went out walking around different stores. This is going to be a rainy spring, tends to happen here every couple of years. Makes you want to sleep & eat. But I'm doing good with my calories, and intend to keep it that way til I lose this weight I gained from the other day.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi gang. Annie, are the Walking Away the Pounds videos done by Leslie Sansone? I think I used to have them - might still if I ever dig through the plastic tubs. Loved 'em in the wintertime.

Hey, about your dizziness, I've had something similar happen off and on. Last season it was happening so often I was too scared to ride a bike or drive very far. At its worst it knocked me flat on my back in bed for four days. Couldn't move at all - room spinning, eyes flickering, tummy unhappy. My doc was pretty blase about it, too. As best I can tell, with no help from the MD, I have occasional BPPV - Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. Some tiny pieces of calcium have gotten knocked loose and are spinning around the wrong part of my inner ear. I had success using moves like the Brandt-Daroff exercises or the Epley maneuver. The dizziness happens much less frequently, and I can catch the vertigo very fast and counteract it with these moves. Maybe your situation is similar? Here's a link: http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com...bppv.html#home. If the link is removed, go to Dizziness-and-Balance.com and look up BPPV. I hope it helps. And POO on your doctor.

RisingP - not that I want your pants to fall down, but if they do, just grin real big. Yeah baby! You earned those baggie pants! What a great mental image!

PWP, how's your back? I can just imagine lurching to catch April. Well, heck, now you're BOTH in recovery! That's quite a long road ahead for your dog. I didn't know how involved the surgery was. The sling sounds like it would help her a lot. Poor critter. And poor you. Do those stick-on hot packs work for you?

Ashley, my heart is breaking for you. My brother had many similar issues in his 20s. It affected the whole family. My parents wavered between tough love and rescue. It's a rotten thing for any mom to see their child choosing. I know I'm preaching to the choir when I say life has consequences... the problem might be that consequences could be so very much worse for him down the road if he's not forced to face them now. Something Dad always struggled with was talking a tough line but taking my brother back in because he couldn't stand to see him suffer. (He was a real mess). It took Mom dying to get my brother to straighten up 20 years later. I think it's time for your son to live up to his own life and responsibilities, not the least of which is not using you to field calls from his boss when the kid goes awol. I'll be thinking of you this week.
Losing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Losing80-I just wanted to say thank you for that link you included about the inner ear issues. Although I have had dizziness and some nausea, it seems to be getting better and I only occasionally have dizziness now. It is the actual hearing loss I am frustrated by and also worried about. At the link you gave me, I found some helpful information that gives me some peace of mind after reading it. Thanks again....my doctor could sure take a lesson from that website. I am considering writing him a letter and calmly stating how I felt about his nonchalance.

AnnieD
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

thanks for all the - kids are frustrating. I am now trying to look at the positive side of this.

#1 I did not binge eat today!!! yay
#2 I did not get physically sick like Ihave in the past due to child stress
#3 he has a car and pays all his own bills - albiet me having to help him manage his finances
#4 he has bought us grocerys when we had a hard time in Jan and did not have to pay him back
#5 I do enjoy spending time with him as little as that is and he is respectful of me

So just trying to be positive here, and he is giving me his bank card again tonight i would rather help him that way then watch him throw his money away that way he can move out and take care of himself. Hopefully he has a job still. sighhhhhhh
did i say I did not binge eat .... yay
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #36  

thanks for all the kind words i meant ffrom everyone
Old 04-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #37  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Ashley- Congrads, you didn't binge! YAY!! Good for you!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #38  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the well wishes. I am feeling much better. Hubby got the next two days off work to help me and April. We still don't know when she will be home, hopefully soon. Its strange here without her. I stilll have Bible study for the next two days. We've announced we will be studying Revelation, and will be making some changes in leadership and group dynamics for next year that sound interesting. We will no longer have co-leaders, the groups will be smaller and have a range of ages from young moms to the older ladies, instead of the current single age groups.

Ashley, great job on not binging! and good idea to make a list of the postitive. Sorry to hear you mised the bike. At least you and your Hubby found something active to do together. My Hubby could take a lesson from yours, LOL.

Losing, I have three reuable icepacks that I keep in the freezer for migranes, and a plug in heating pad from Hubby's back problems. Hubby has tried the 'belt' 8 hour heating pads, but hasn't tried the stick-on versions.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning.

Very quick post. Things have been hectic with the job change looming. Ate well for a while, then binged, now eating well again. Health issues knocked me off exercise routine, hope to get back on that this week.

Sounds like a lot has gone on here while I've been gone--I'll spend some time catching up on April sometime this week.

Later.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #40  

NP – hope your lunch went well
FL – so how is your son now, do you talk to him at all?
Penguin – thanks and it is great to have a variety of age groups in bible studies, as in life we can learn so much and be encouraged from older people and also help and encourage the younger ones.
Kittie – good to hear from you, hope you have a good week!
Annie – hope your day today goes well and you are feeling better about things, no matter what storm we are facing (and there are so many sometimes) God can give us peace thru it I hope you have peace today.

Ate to much for dinner last night but still not an all out eat everything in sight binge so although it was not ideal it was still better. Made homemade fries with olive oil, if I had just eaten less I would have stayed on plan but also had some ice cream. Potatoes are like a sleeping pill for me so it was great to sleep thru the night. Trying to stay on plan today, got up half an hour early and did my upper body weights with the step stool steps in between intervals. Have been slacking on the upper body lately and need to keep up with it. Thru our long winter have just wanted to stay in bed till the absolute last minute.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello everyone! I took my car in for more repairs this morning. Hopefully this will be the last of the repairs for a while. My new furniture fund is dwindling down...I'll re-evaluate that this weekend. I'm looking forward to buying flowers to plant this weekend. Plan to spend alot of time out in the yard and getting lots of work done.

Had an incident at my house last night. Younger son (age 14) had his buddy over. After supper, the buddy was checking out son's hunting knife and cut his finger pretty deeply. I bandaged him (while he was sick to his stomach and pale as a ghost ) and took him home. He was worried he would be in trouble. I hope not, boys just do these kinds of things.

Penguin-When my little dog-girl had her surgery (radical mastectomy/spay) last year, it was like taking care of a newborn again. Glad your DH is on board to help. Hope your back feels better. I've used the stick-on heat pads in the past and I like them. Just don't get the ones with capsaicin in them....they burn!

Ashley-Hope springtime is soon apparent in your neck of the woods.

Hey Kitteh!! Glad to see you here!!

Have a great day today everyone!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Tried something new - thought I'd share! I have trouble staying on track and keeping a positive attitude, not just with weight loss but work too. The past several years my family went through some devastating events. Now that we're past it, I have a hard time getting life going again. I've made an affirmations and visions MP3 I can listen to as I'm going to sleep and when I'm waking up. It's about 12 minutes long. I pulled up my favorite relaxing classical tune and my written affirmations/life vision, turned on the music and a digital recorder, and talked my way through my list. I've cut, rewritten, rephrased, and played with my pacing until the list feels pretty close to done. It's funny how you sound to yourself! I was really stilted on the first take, but now it sounds pretty real, like I'm telling my best friend the things I like about her and the life that's waiting just ahead. I'll let you know if it helps reorient my thinking.
Losing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #43  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hello! Hope everyone's having a decent day. Glad to see you back, Kitteh! Good luck with your prep for the job change! Keep us posted.

Sunny, WINDY day here - with rain moving in tonight for a couple of days they said. I started a 100 miles in April challenge to myself and I'm off to a slow start ... five days in and i'm only at 9.5 miles down, 90.5 to go. I SHOULD be able to pad that on the weekend, but the weekdays are just busy. Tonight I'm heading home to make chicken/noodle dinner - I NEVER make that but hubby loves it so found a recipe on allrecipes.com that called for what I have so I'm going to make it - think i'm adding sauteed onions into mine - with the chicken -hope that doesn't ruin it. ?? I'm also going to make a big pan of green beans to have with it, as well. And for leftover lunches!

Ashley - good for you to not get off track with all of your stress. I open my desk drawer about 15 times a day looking for something to munch on when I get stressed at work. Finally today I put a sign in BIG CAPS that read, what you want isn't in here - take a short walk. And I'm going to see if that helps.

Losing80 - Sounds like you're ON it! Let us know how that works. Are we supposed to be checking in on the 100 pushup challenge on the other thread? I didn't see updates, just joiners ... but didn't know what you were aiming for. I'm seeing improvement - yay!

Annie - hope nothing comes of the kid's parent getting mad - you're right accidents happen and I think most guys have a story where something like that happened to them as kids! Good luck with your car and hopefully you are feeling closer to yourself each day! What's for dinner there tonight?

PP - hope you're taking care of yourself! Did April get to come home today or is it looking like she might for tomorrow?

FL - are you having any better weather today to get outside? Looks like a wacky weather week all over the country! Any fun plans for the weekend? I'm in with Annie and looking forward to getting stuff tackled in my yard. You got to it last weekend ahead of us

Ange - you still traveling around the world eating strange food and running your tail off? Hope you're doing well!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #44  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Ashley- I haven't seen or spoke to my son since I kicked him out 6mo ago. His 26th b-day is on April 9th, so I'm gonna call him. He's still mad at me and doesn't care to see us at all. Oh, and he still doesn't have a job!

national- the weather is still crappy here, it was raining all day. I don't think we are going to have a dry day til Sunday. At least I got a majority of the work done, the rest will take about 3hrs. That's what I'll be doing this weekend. Hope you can get your yard work done soon!

I got my 30min walk in this morning before the rain started. I did no exercise yesterday, so it felt good. I'm just having such a stressful time right now, my financial problems are all i can think about. We decided to file for Bankrupcy, it's the best way to solve these problems & we can keep our house. Thank goodness! We have an appointment on Monday with the lawyer, I'll be relieved once it's done & over. With all this going on, I want to eat constantly. But I've been controlling myself pretty well, ate 200 calories over today, but that's because I just had to have a taste of peanut butter. Just 1 serving! That's a miracle. I poured water in the rest of the jar & threw it away before I ate more. I've been the same weight for 3 days, it doesn't want to go away this time, what's going on?? Is it cause of all the stress??
Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Default Hi all - been absent a bit lately

Lots going on work wise.. and this darn weight is leaving at a glacial pace.. down another 2 but man... i guess i am thankful right now that at least it's still going in the right direction..

And I did wear a dress i could barely zip at the beginning of the year and it fit ok - and was at least comfortable. so... onward and upward or should i say onward and downward...

Anyway hope you all are doing well - and taking care of yourselves! I'll read through some posts - windy rainy weather doesn't help much with the motivation but did do my 40 minutes step aerobics inside today.
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote