Old 02-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default 40 Something February 2011 Thread

That January thread had gotten a bit out of hand. Definitely, time for a new one. Seems to me we used to have weekly threads but monthly may work just as well.

Annie- that recipe looks very good. Looks like something my DH would love. Have you figured out the calories? Enchildada sauce may have some "extra"ingredients but I still think it is very low in calories.

No snow days here. And I'm on call this week until Friday. Time to get in the shower and get ready. Have a great day everyone!
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Petra, thanks for starting a new thread,

I'm up late this morning. I got my bread started and now I'm stopping for more coffee and breakfast while I see what everyone it up to.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

yay, February,

thanks jomatho for the encourging words, they mean alot.

NP - glad you have power

I am in a funk was going to start over today and still a little emotional but getting better. NP we can do this and start over!!!!

Kinda lost track of the January comments the last day or so.

I am a little depressed after doing so well for so long but I need to get back to that and not give up, sheesh just when one gets on a roll. I need it to get a little warmer by lunch in order to go out.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Default whew... completed week 1 in behavior change..

I ate better (not perfectly) and got at least 2 rounds of exercise in 6 days - one day off for cleaning / errands etc.

still not any skinnier... but at this age i think it takes a few weeks of behavior change to see a move in the scale..
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Default thank goodness it is ok to start over...

difficult - but at least we can leave past failures behind - or I can!
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi, everyone. I was a bit under the weather the past couple days, so haven't been reading or posting. I'm doing better now (though still tired), but I'm not going to try to post responses. I did read them and send sympathies and chuckles to you as appropriate.

No exercise for several days, but weight has stayed the same. Back to exercising tomorrow morning, I hope.

Take care, everyone. Be safe in that bad weather.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Well, we are surviving our snowmageddon event. It is currently 8 degrees with below zero wind chills here. Hard to tell how much snow because of the drifts. Wind is still howling outside but we think the snow itself is pretty much over. The wind kept the snow from piling up on the cars, though, so not too bad to get it cleaned off. I will go out later and start the car just to be sure the battery doesn't get too cold for too long. I'm sure we will have work tomorrow (), but I suppose I'll try to make it in. I feel bad complaining about the weather after hearing about what alot of you deal with on a regular basis.

Older son's girlfriend ended up spending the night. She slept in his bed and he slept on the couch. I made pancakes and bacon for a LATE breakfast and had some, but hopefully in a manageable amount. We will have potato soup for supper with some bread and fruit salad. I lightened up the soup, so it will keep me a little closer to plan.

I am battling a major headache right now. I've taken some OTC meds and hope they help soon.

I've had trouble getting Tootsie to go out to potty. She hasn't been out since 0700 this morning. I feel bad for her and will try again in a little while.

Hope everyone is warm, safe and dry.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy February 1. I'm just popping in for a few. We just finished painting the first coat on the walls and had Subway for lunch. I am stuffed. If I eat just dinner and a skinny cow, I should still be pretty much on plan. Still counting all the laddercise for my daily workout. It's up to -2 here now. Supposed to be a warm and toasty 22 for the high tomorrow. Not snowing though, so that's really good. I think it gets back into the 40's on Thursday, and we'll probably have to do a hike again on Saturday since it was so much fun last week. It was Buster dog's Very Best Day EVVVVERRRR! he got to be off leash for the first time since we go thim 4 years ago and he had a wonderful time. We did too. I need to get groceries on Friday or Saturday, but not sure if we'll just go n the way for hiking or try to sneak in the 5 mile walk to walmart before Robert goes to work Friday.

Ashley-can you think about the times you've done well and not beat yourself up for the slips? Reward the positive behavior, not the negative. HUGS!

Time for me to check on crafts projects for a bit.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #9  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Still waiting for the storm...

Shadow and I decided to get a walk in; we certainly will be housebound for the next few days, if weatherman is right. Up to 16 inches. -- I hope power stays on. -- Our neighborhood is on emergency grit, and we are usually first ones to get it back on.

I had a good meal day, staying on track. It is getting harder though. Initial excitement is over. BUT, I made a promise to myself, and I am going to adhere to it

Stay safe! Stay warm!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #10  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Thanks Petra for the Feb. thread.

Well, we got the first wave of the storm, tonight the second part will be starting. The second is supposed to be much worse, hope we don't lose power. No school today & surely not tomorrow, I love to sleep a little late anyway. Ate a little more today, went over calories by 60. Total was 1330, I ate 40 grapes after lunch, that put me over my limit. Everyday I have good intentions to stay within 1170-1270 cal. For the past 3 days I went over, I'm gaining weight from it & it still doesn't stop me. Only gained 8 ounces, but that's almost a pound. When I weighed in this morning, I felt so discouraged. Felt like just giving up & just forgetting this whole dieting & maintaining thing. So later on i decided to try on my summer clothes to see if they still fit. Two pairs of shorts I bought were snug when I bought them, were even tighter now. Almost couldn't button them. All the others were fine, so I didn't feel that bad. I'm 5 lbs heavier now than I was in summer because I had to let myself gain weight, my periods had stopped for 11mo. when I weighed 104-106lbs. Body fat was too low. After I gained 3 lbs, & got to 108-110lbs. my periods came back. I know i shouldn't lose as much as I'd like, I'd like to be 106lbs. again. It doesn't sound like much, but I'm small, you can see every little bit. I would be happy at 107lbs even, who knows it may not ever happen anyway, especially if I just eventually give up. I've been trying so hard to keep my weight down, all it does is go up, it's not right. Hope everyone has a better day!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #11  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I've been plugging away at my to-do list. I got to add 'fix leak under kitchen sink' to Hubby's list, too. That's what happens when I finally decide to clean out that cabinet. Ewww. At least I didn't see any evidence of bugs.

I feel the day has gotten a little away from me I didn't realize it was as late as it is. the good news that Hubby will be home soon!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #12  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

contrasts in temperatures getting bigger. Some of you battling snow storms and meanwhile for me it was 108F when i left work at 5pm yesterday, and still 88F at midnight. It's just too hot. I still went out for a run this morning but it was hard work, and the temperatures are forecast to stay like this until the weekend.

Next week i'm working away all week, but that's inland in a desert region and will be even hotter!!!

Went out to the Opera House yesterday and saw Sting in concert (with the Sydney Philharmonic). He did a great show, although it was more his choice than a choice to pander to the fans.

Exercise still good for me and i'm averaging 2720 seconds of exercise per day at the moment (45min) which is nicely in excess of my 2011 seconds target.

Eating is still bad. Well, not bad, just too volumous. I'm really struggling to cut down and i really need to, as half the stuff in my wardrobe doesn't fit still.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #13  

Just buckling down for the storm now. Expecting 8-12 in my area and, yes like the rest of you lots of wind. Luckily, no ice expected here. No school for the kiddos tomorrow so that means I put off cleaning the house for another day . No use cleaning while they are around, right?
Annie, I heard on the news today Oklahoma was declaring a state of emergency? Did I hear that right? This storm is huge, can't remember how many states they said it will affect, but it was quite a few!!! Hopefully everyone is staying safe and warm tonight.
Penguin, what kind of bread do you like to make? It always sounds so good I can practically smell it!
Kitteh, glad you are feeling better!
Barb, laddercise is a good workout! I always feel it if I've been up and down a ladder a lot.
Sillycat, sounds like you are getting back into the swing of things!
Sum, "the initial excitement has worn off" -sounds like it is time for something else to get excited about. Do you have any mini goals or rewards?
Fruit, I bet your shorts look a lot better than mine do!!!!
Ange, 108????????????????????????? Seriously? Seriously! Way to go on the exercise front! When I am trying to cut back on quantity of food, I take half of what I normally would and promise myself after I eat that and wait a few minutes, if I am truly still hungry, then I can have more. Usually I don't have more. I too struggle with quantity of food, I eat too fast and I am really trying to pay attention to my hunger and full signals. Lots of water and a salad before I eat helps a lot too.
As for me, stayed on plan, got just about 45 min in on the treadmill and kept pretty busy today, but I am so tired!!! Yesterday I went to bed around 9 and may have to again today. It is TTOM, so I am sure that is why I am tired, but I don't remember it being this pronounced before. Hope I am not getting sick.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #14  

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and very glad to have found it. I am really looking forward to making some new friends and to keeping myself motivated. My long term goal is to lose 50 lbs. My immediate goal is to get started. I bought a very nice used treadmill today and have it in the livingroom so it is in my face all the time. And tomorrow I will be going to the grocery store to buy "my" groceries.

I actually turn 40 next month and this is one of my biggest motivators. I hope that by this time next year I will look & feel better than I do now.
NCInkSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Sum-you can do it. Instead of the initial enthiusiasm, think about what you've already done and be excited to add to THAT!

fruitlady-I don't think a few grapes is all that bad a choice. Of course, it isn't my choice to make, so just sayin'. Sometimnes you are so hard on yourself, I worry that nobody could live up to the standards you've set for yourself and I don't want you to give up or to beat yourself up. Does that make sense?

Penguin-I am STILL in awe of all the cleaning you do every day! I wish I could do half as much as you do!

Ange-just keep plugging away at it and you will get it. Maybe not as fast as you would like, but still losing is losing. I think I would rather have my below zeros than your 100 degrees plus! We get just over 100 for a few days in the summer here and it brutalizes me! I would love to see Sting in concert...anybody's choice!

jomatho-I heard the same story about Oklahoma on the weather channel today. And pretty much the rest of the country too. Lots of flights cancelled everywhere. That laddercise has kicked my backside for sure! For several years, I cu0ldn't do this kind of physical labor at all, thoguh, so I am glad for the whupping!

Time to get the leftovers out to warm. Braised pork chunks over quinoa. Plus frozen veg for Robert. Maybe I'll have some slaw with 1/2 an avocado...maybe not. I'm still full of lunch! Almost done with the steeple walls. Hsve maybe 1/3 to go, but it's too dark outside to see well, so I'll finish in the morning, then go get the color for the doors and start on those. No ret for the wicked and hte righteous dont need it.l.either way...no rest for me!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote